Garlic reviews

3.6/5 - 127 reviews

Garlic

Works very well but with smelly consequences...
Reviewed on January 4, 2015

I tried this method of taking raw garlic internally. It was pretty tough to get down at first, I settled on juicing a few cloves, mixing with water and then throwing it back into my mouth quickly to avoid the burn. There was a definite improvement in my skin, a huge improvement actually, it seems that garlic has antibacterial properties due to its sulfur-containing compounds. Garlic may boost Glutathione levels as well. Its absolutely necessary to crush, juice or at least chop up the garlic before consuming. Swallowing cloves whole will not have any benefit. It also must be taken with a meal since too much raw garlic on an empty stomach will really burn and make you nauseous. The downside to all this, is that you will start to reek of garlic after a few days. Garlic juices will come out of your pores I swear to god. You'll only smell if you use alot, and I needed about 6 cloves a day. So ultimately I had to give up this method, though I could see someone taking just 1 clove a day as an adjunct to other acne treatments.

Perfect For acne
Reviewed on December 22, 2014

shouldn't be applied lonely, so you should mix it up with either water, tomato or honey and leave it only for 10 minute not more than that and it's depend on your skin, apply it at night and wash ur face only with water

It works, I like it :)
Reviewed on September 7, 2014

Ok, so there's an easy way to apply garlic, and it'll work.

I chopped up one clove finely, then crushed it with a spoon, just rolling it back and forth on the garlic. Do this until it is mashed. I suggest adding an egg white or a little water. Only put the garlic on the pimple, and do not rub, dab. I leave on for 10mins or less, as it will make your skin red if you are fair. Then rinse with a warm washcloth. Do it before you go to bed, the redness will fade overnight. It's worked for me well :) icing acne works well too!

Take Garlic Orally
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

i took garlic along with a mixture or zinc , vitamin e , turmeric and i found that it almost completely cleared up my skin and when i stopped taking the garlic my skin broke out again ...it is a great cure however it is not an instant treatment you need to give it at least 3-5 months to see results

Left me with a huge mark that took months to fade!
Reviewed on July 27, 2014

I had a nasty pimple months back, and I applied crushed garlic directly on it. NOT A GOOD IDEA. It burned, but I thought that just meant it was working. After about 15 minutes, I washed it off, and when I checked in the mirror, I saw that sure enough the pimple had flattened out, but in its place, there was huge pigmented spot. It was awful and took months to fade! Do not recommend using it directly on the skin, but eating garlic is great for your health.

by violetroses on 02/18/2015 12:23
What did you do to the pigmented spot????? i got it right now and its reallllllyyyyyyyy really bad please tell me ?? Huhuhu its really bad
This works, but you HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT!!
Reviewed on July 25, 2014

The KEY to this is making sure you get LIVE garlic. In the store, break open a clove, you should find a greenish/yellow sprout in the center. If it's beige or brown, the garlic is dead from irradiation for shipping. THEN, the OTHER key is CRUSHING then waiting 15 minutes for the Allicin to develop. Then you can add it to water or an essential oil like vitamin E oil. 4 cloves in 2 cups of water for face. Half a head in bathtub for entire body soak. Once you make the water/oil, it will last a few days. You will know when it's bad as the "Sting" will be gone when you use it. TRY THIS!

MMMMM Garlic!
Reviewed on June 6, 2014

Okay.... I used garlic at work for acne. Since Idk how garlic works and how to do it right when topically applying it to the skin. But I've eaten garlic and I love the taste and smell of it. I wanted to be apart of my diet permanently as in means, eating meals with garlic in them. Since it possibly kills bad bacteria within your stomach, helps the immune system i think, and mythically it wards off evil spirits LOL...

But it has a strong taste and smell. Becareful.

helpp
Reviewed on January 12, 2014

I used the garlic treatment overnight and I woke up and the area is very red and looks almost burned. I've been using witch hazel now but it still doesn't look any better. I need a VERY FAST way to clear this up in the time span of 1-2 days. someone help please

by kashfia on 06/04/2014 01:55
you could cool down your face with vinegar water
by zinaidazinaida on 07/06/2014 02:45
oppss , i have a one question , i have a many acne on my face i am 15 years old and i don`t want to go out , it`s unbearable , i want to spreading part of the garlic , one of my friend told me that it is a very good , but now i am reading your comment and i am so trouble , plz help me i want fast way to clean up my face , plz someone help me give me advice :*
by violetroses on 02/18/2015 12:26
is vinegar water really remove the pigmentation created by putting garlic??? ive got 4 really really bad spots becaus3 of garlic!!! Please help me remove it asap plesee
Bye bye acne hole
Reviewed on October 2, 2013

You know when there's dried up pimple right on your face and you just feel like picking it out of your skin? Well, it leaves this CRAZY HOLE on your face and you just get scared that you'll have it forever!! What I do is crush or cut a tiny piece of garlic and put the (flesh side up) on top of the CRAZY HOLE and remove it after 15 mins and when I remove it, TADAAAA!!!! The CRAZY HOLE is closed.

by fiza on 10/02/2013 18:40
how many tyms a day do i have to eat garlic and on empty stomach or after meal plzzzz advice
Dint use garlic for long
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

I just used garlic twice for 15 minutes.

I had two new breakout's on my face. Both on the cheeks. I peeled the skin of a garlic pod., sliced it, squeezed it in order to make it ooze its juice & rubbed that on my acne and around the acne. Sliced again, squeezed & rubbed it on my other acne. It dried in 2 minutes. I made it stay for around 15 minutes. I saw the acne growth stopped. But, once the growth stopped, I dint apply it more. I once had applied it overnight & the next day my skin looked as though its burned. So, I don't try keeping it overnight. I guess the sulfur in the garlic acts as an advantage as well as disadvantage. I would say, try it on a new acne & see how it works, if you see considerable reduction in its size or something then continue it. Again, try avoiding it to leave overnight.

by tanjo143 on 09/28/2013 18:44
You are NOT supposed to rub it on your skin!!! You have to take it as an antibiotic treatment, meaning you take it like a pill and swallow. Don't be stupid. Rubbing garlic on your skin will only make your skin worse.