Garlic reviews

3.6/5 - 125 reviews

Garlic

It works, I like it :)
Reviewed on September 7, 2014

Ok, so there's an easy way to apply garlic, and it'll work.

I chopped up one clove finely, then crushed it with a spoon, just rolling it back and forth on the garlic. Do this until it is mashed. I suggest adding an egg white or a little water. Only put the garlic on the pimple, and do not rub, dab. I leave on for 10mins or less, as it will make your skin red if you are fair. Then rinse with a warm washcloth. Do it before you go to bed, the redness will fade overnight. It's worked for me well :) icing acne works well too!

Take Garlic Orally
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

i took garlic along with a mixture or zinc , vitamin e , turmeric and i found that it almost completely cleared up my skin and when i stopped taking the garlic my skin broke out again ...it is a great cure however it is not an instant treatment you need to give it at least 3-5 months to see results

Left me with a huge mark that took months to fade!
Reviewed on July 27, 2014

I had a nasty pimple months back, and I applied crushed garlic directly on it. NOT A GOOD IDEA. It burned, but I thought that just meant it was working. After about 15 minutes, I washed it off, and when I checked in the mirror, I saw that sure enough the pimple had flattened out, but in its place, there was huge pigmented spot. It was awful and took months to fade! Do not recommend using it directly on the skin, but eating garlic is great for your health.

This works, but you HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT!!
Reviewed on July 25, 2014

The KEY to this is making sure you get LIVE garlic. In the store, break open a clove, you should find a greenish/yellow sprout in the center. If it's beige or brown, the garlic is dead from irradiation for shipping. THEN, the OTHER key is CRUSHING then waiting 15 minutes for the Allicin to develop. Then you can add it to water or an essential oil like vitamin E oil. 4 cloves in 2 cups of water for face. Half a head in bathtub for entire body soak. Once you make the water/oil, it will last a few days. You will know when it's bad as the "Sting" will be gone when you use it. TRY THIS!

MMMMM Garlic!
Reviewed on June 6, 2014

Okay.... I used garlic at work for acne. Since Idk how garlic works and how to do it right when topically applying it to the skin. But I've eaten garlic and I love the taste and smell of it. I wanted to be apart of my diet permanently as in means, eating meals with garlic in them. Since it possibly kills bad bacteria within your stomach, helps the immune system i think, and mythically it wards off evil spirits LOL...

But it has a strong taste and smell. Becareful.

helpp
Reviewed on January 12, 2014

I used the garlic treatment overnight and I woke up and the area is very red and looks almost burned. I've been using witch hazel now but it still doesn't look any better. I need a VERY FAST way to clear this up in the time span of 1-2 days. someone help please

by kashfia on 06/04/2014 01:55
you could cool down your face with vinegar water
by zinaidazinaida on 07/06/2014 02:45
oppss , i have a one question , i have a many acne on my face i am 15 years old and i don`t want to go out , it`s unbearable , i want to spreading part of the garlic , one of my friend told me that it is a very good , but now i am reading your comment and i am so trouble , plz help me i want fast way to clean up my face , plz someone help me give me advice :*
Bye bye acne hole
Reviewed on October 2, 2013

You know when there's dried up pimple right on your face and you just feel like picking it out of your skin? Well, it leaves this CRAZY HOLE on your face and you just get scared that you'll have it forever!! What I do is crush or cut a tiny piece of garlic and put the (flesh side up) on top of the CRAZY HOLE and remove it after 15 mins and when I remove it, TADAAAA!!!! The CRAZY HOLE is closed.

by fiza on 10/02/2013 18:40
how many tyms a day do i have to eat garlic and on empty stomach or after meal plzzzz advice
Dint use garlic for long
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

I just used garlic twice for 15 minutes.

I had two new breakout's on my face. Both on the cheeks. I peeled the skin of a garlic pod., sliced it, squeezed it in order to make it ooze its juice & rubbed that on my acne and around the acne. Sliced again, squeezed & rubbed it on my other acne. It dried in 2 minutes. I made it stay for around 15 minutes. I saw the acne growth stopped. But, once the growth stopped, I dint apply it more. I once had applied it overnight & the next day my skin looked as though its burned. So, I don't try keeping it overnight. I guess the sulfur in the garlic acts as an advantage as well as disadvantage. I would say, try it on a new acne & see how it works, if you see considerable reduction in its size or something then continue it. Again, try avoiding it to leave overnight.

by tanjo143 on 09/28/2013 18:44
You are NOT supposed to rub it on your skin!!! You have to take it as an antibiotic treatment, meaning you take it like a pill and swallow. Don't be stupid. Rubbing garlic on your skin will only make your skin worse.
Reviewed on August 23, 2012

I have been eating garlic for two days. I used my juicer to juice half of one garlic and one half of a cucumber. I mixed it and applied to my three pimples three times during over night. When I woke up the size of the pimples were reduced in size and not as red. I have to wait and see how eating two bulbs per day will affect my skin. I am on Gillette birth control pills also and they work but I still break out sometimes.

Reviewed on July 16, 2012

I tried this after reading the other reviews on this site. I was pretty desperate for something to work and this worked pretty well!

My acne is hormonal, and is confined to my chin only...I've just started on the pill (so the results I've seen could be due to that as well) but I've been using BP for about a month and found that it really wasn't effective in preventing new lesions from forming.

I took one clove per day, crushed in water, for two days and have been taking 2 odourless capsules per day since. I'ts been about a week and I have NO new lesions (and none forming under the surface either!!) and all existing zits are healing up.