Garlic reviews

3.6/5 - 120 reviews

helpp
Reviewed on January 12, 2014

I used the garlic treatment overnight and I woke up and the area is very red and looks almost burned. I've been using witch hazel now but it still doesn't look any better. I need a VERY FAST way to clear this up in the time span of 1-2 days. someone help please

Bye bye acne hole
Reviewed on October 2, 2013

You know when there's dried up pimple right on your face and you just feel like picking it out of your skin? Well, it leaves this CRAZY HOLE on your face and you just get scared that you'll have it forever!! What I do is crush or cut a tiny piece of garlic and put the (flesh side up) on top of the CRAZY HOLE and remove it after 15 mins and when I remove it, TADAAAA!!!! The CRAZY HOLE is closed.

Dint use garlic for long
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

I just used garlic twice for 15 minutes.

I had two new breakout's on my face. Both on the cheeks. I peeled the skin of a garlic pod., sliced it, squeezed it in order to make it ooze its juice & rubbed that on my acne and around the acne. Sliced again, squeezed & rubbed it on my other acne. It dried in 2 minutes. I made it stay for around 15 minutes. I saw the acne growth stopped. But, once the growth stopped, I dint apply it more. I once had applied it overnight & the next day my skin looked as though its burned. So, I don't try keeping it overnight. I guess the sulfur in the garlic acts as an advantage as well as disadvantage. I would say, try it on a new acne & see how it works, if you see considerable reduction in its size or something then continue it. Again, try avoiding it to leave overnight.

Reviewed on August 23, 2012

I have been eating garlic for two days. I used my juicer to juice half of one garlic and one half of a cucumber. I mixed it and applied to my three pimples three times during over night. When I woke up the size of the pimples were reduced in size and not as red. I have to wait and see how eating two bulbs per day will affect my skin. I am on Gillette birth control pills also and they work but I still break out sometimes.

Reviewed on July 16, 2012

I tried this after reading the other reviews on this site. I was pretty desperate for something to work and this worked pretty well!

My acne is hormonal, and is confined to my chin only...I've just started on the pill (so the results I've seen could be due to that as well) but I've been using BP for about a month and found that it really wasn't effective in preventing new lesions from forming.

I took one clove per day, crushed in water, for two days and have been taking 2 odourless capsules per day since. I'ts been about a week and I have NO new lesions (and none forming under the surface either!!) and all existing zits are healing up.

Reviewed on March 29, 2012

I've read other reviews for guidance and knew not to put raw garlic on topically without mixing it to dilute its strength. I tried crushing raw cloves of garlic and letting it sit in water before applying on my face, but the problem I had was keeping it there. It's a runny mess.

So, what I do now (and really like) is: I buy from the whole foods store an all natural bottle of aloe vera gel with vitamin E and use that as a base gel that holds my crushed garlic. The mixture stays on your face easily. It's great! It reduces the size and redness of cysts overnight.

I've tried benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, (following the Regimen to a "T") but it was too drying and too aging after 2 weeks. I am substituting the BP treatment with my aloe- garlic mixture instead. I feel its a safer, natural option.

I've been EATING raw garlic cloves about 5x a week for 2 weeks and haven't really noticed YET much improvement in the amount of new cysts appearing, but I will keep eating it. My favorite way to eat it raw is cook up some chicken and add crushed raw garlic into the dish once it's cooked. I need a heavy meal with the raw garlic because otherwise it sits in my stomach like a burning hot lava rock. (No way I could take it with just tomato juice as someone else here suggested).

I buy a container of peeled raw garlic and freeze it. Don't nuke it in the microwave because that kills garlic's benefits. Don't buy from China because they supposedly irradiate it. You can fairly easily crush a frozen clove in a garlic press. The coolness feels good once you apply it topically too!

Hope my tips help. Good luck everyone! I am glad I'm not alone out here!

Reviewed on March 26, 2012

The oil in garlic is a natural antibiotic and antiseptic, if you take it orally then it effects your whole body and kick starts your immune system with just about every vitamin, mineral and nutrient it needs; if you use it topically then it kills bacteria on the skin and that is effectively what it does with acne. It penetrates the pore which is blocked and kills off the bacteria inside which is causing the spot.

If you take it orally then a clove or two a day should suffice, either use it in your cooking or crush it into a mug of boiling water and down it quickly.

If you use it externally then use a quarter of a clove and dilute it on a mug of warm water before applying it to the face, do -NOT- apply it straight on or you -WILL- have a nice painful red chemical burn for your efforts.

It's not a miracle cure all, you aren't going to use it overnight and wake up with clear skin but it should work gradually to reduce the outbreaks.

Reviewed on December 2, 2011

I started taking garlic because everything I read about it was very good. I started to feel like I was coming down with a really bad head cold and my dad said to eat garlic,so I put a clove in the press and mixed it with V8. I did this 2 times per day for 2 days and my acne went away and my cold never got bad and completely went away also. I did read online tho that garlic from China has almost no health benifits because it is irradiated to kill off idk what.. Spice world brand is a good one.. so Ive been doing this every day now for 2 weeks and washing with Selsun blue mixed with apricot face scrub, then use sensative skin burts bees moisturizer... Try it!

Reviewed on October 11, 2011

I am absolutely shocked at how effective eating garlic cloves has been for me. I've been a sufferer of cystic and moderate acne for about 10 years and have tried everything literally. I actually stumbled onto garlic without initially intending to use it as a treatment, and the results have been jaw dropping. I highly recommend everyone try it. It may not work for everyone but it certainly has for me.

Reviewed on August 25, 2011

Cheap effective way to spot treat, not a preventive measure as no one thing, especially external is a preventive measure. Acne is not a disease but a symptom of a disease that requires lifestyle changes...for real..

Procedure: chop 1 clove of garlic, put in bowl and add a little water. mix. viola spot treat. leave on overnight or just for 10 minutes if you can't stand the smell. I add coconut oil since oil helps penetrate skin better and coconut oil had healing properties n is antifungal.

WARNING: do not go overboard and put the fruit of the garlic on your face it will burn a blister into your skin. dilute with water. Garlic is very strong.

Its an effective and cheap spot treatment. demolished two cysts ( i have hormonal acne around jawline) in two days. Another one was forming two days ago. HUGE mofo but its nonexistent today. These buggas usually takes weeks to disappear.