Garlic reviews

3.5/5 - 132 reviews

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Heals the inflamation but burns the skin
Reviewed on November 18, 2015

I've tried out lots of things for my acne and then I heard that garlic can be a great treatment.

I had lots of pimples on my jawline - these were inflamed acne and I couldn't do anything with them... So one night I decided to try garlic. I washed and clened my face and then I put crushed garlic on a cotton ball and put it on my jawline on the pimples.

It was very hurtful but I let it on for 10-15 minutes. Why I give 2 stars is because the inflamation has gone by using garlic, BUT my skin also has gone... I mean it burned my skin so much. First I had a big red spot on my face, then it turned into purple and theeeen my skin fell off and under this burned skin I saw a fresh pink skin... It was hurtful and I thought that it will stay like this. But it happened a month ago and my skin healed. No big spot on my face and no inflamation. But I would never try it again. And I think this is not the best solution... I would offer lemon and ACV instead of this garlic treatment. ACV and lemon can help a lot!!

Reduces size of pimple, but burns your skin
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

I started using garlic few weeks ago where I was feeling some reduction necessary in terms of my zits. When I rubbed the garlic clove on my skin and left it overnight, I woke to find that it had reduced significantly. But with more often use I found a burning sensation to my skin and just dark spots at the end of the day so I would not recommend it for regular use but it did reduce the size of my pimples.

My hope backfired
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

I was very aware about the endless benefits of garlic for our body. So after reading awesome reviews about it, I thought I would try it out. I have moderate to severe acne for the part 5 years. I took it orally (crushing a clove into tiny pieces and washing down with a swig of water twice a day)...I also mixed it into my turmeric and honey mask. LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT have any actual pieces of garlic in your mask. It is fine to have the garlic juice in the mask but if you have chucks of garlic in contact with your face it will leave a burn scar. I removed the mask and there were burns on my face!! It stung and I thought it meant that the garlic is working. I noticed that I only got the scars in the exact places where there were chucks of garlic in the mask. There were bubbles on my face (like a real burn) and when they popped, I was left with very dark and very very sore scars. Also garlic stinks so I just decided to move on to something else. Another warning...i took the garlic orally the first time on a relatively empty stomach and it made me sick and i threw up. So you must be quite full if you will take fresh cloves. If you try with caution, it may help you heaps, however the smell stays and wasn't worth it for me. Shame guys but maybe you can make it work.

by thesatz40 on 07/30/2015 02:59
How to remove the black spots created by garlic
Take garlic orally!
Reviewed on June 17, 2015

I have moderate to severe acne. I went to a dermatologist, and she prescribed me cephalexin. Cephalexin did nothing but give me sever yeast infections, that would keep coming back even when i took medications for it. I decided to use garlic to see if it might help with the infections. To my surprise after a few days of taking garlic orally, it cleared up my yeast infections, and my acne had improved significantly. Now i have stopped taking Cephalexin, and i crush two cloves of garlic, put it in a glass of water and drink it down every morning and night. I also add it to meals. You have to crush it, other wise it might not work. I would not recommend just swallowing a clove of garlic. After four years of dealing with acne, and trying a million different treatments, i have never had something work so well for my skin.I also drink a glass of water mixed with one tablespoon of raw, un-filtered apple cider vinegar one-two times a day. And i use diluted ACV as a face wash/toner, and it really has improved my acne marks/scars. But keep in mind, that just like any acne medication, you must be consistent. I did not take garlic one morning and i noticed that i got a few new pimples. I would definitely recommend taking garlic, because even if it doesn't help your skin it is incredibly good for you!

Garlic burns!!
Reviewed on June 1, 2015

I applied crushed garlic on a pimple and now it has caused a black pigment around that area. Should I have mixed water or tomato juice with that crushed garlic and applied it on my face. How long will the pigment take to disappear? Any way to get rid of these spots?

Works very well but with smelly consequences...
Reviewed on January 4, 2015

I tried this method of taking raw garlic internally. It was pretty tough to get down at first, I settled on juicing a few cloves, mixing with water and then throwing it back into my mouth quickly to avoid the burn. There was a definite improvement in my skin, a huge improvement actually, it seems that garlic has antibacterial properties due to its sulfur-containing compounds. Garlic may boost Glutathione levels as well. Its absolutely necessary to crush, juice or at least chop up the garlic before consuming. Swallowing cloves whole will not have any benefit. It also must be taken with a meal since too much raw garlic on an empty stomach will really burn and make you nauseous. The downside to all this, is that you will start to reek of garlic after a few days. Garlic juices will come out of your pores I swear to god. You'll only smell if you use alot, and I needed about 6 cloves a day. So ultimately I had to give up this method, though I could see someone taking just 1 clove a day as an adjunct to other acne treatments.

Perfect For acne
Reviewed on December 22, 2014

shouldn't be applied lonely, so you should mix it up with either water, tomato or honey and leave it only for 10 minute not more than that and it's depend on your skin, apply it at night and wash ur face only with water

It works, I like it :)
Reviewed on September 7, 2014

Ok, so there's an easy way to apply garlic, and it'll work.

I chopped up one clove finely, then crushed it with a spoon, just rolling it back and forth on the garlic. Do this until it is mashed. I suggest adding an egg white or a little water. Only put the garlic on the pimple, and do not rub, dab. I leave on for 10mins or less, as it will make your skin red if you are fair. Then rinse with a warm washcloth. Do it before you go to bed, the redness will fade overnight. It's worked for me well :) icing acne works well too!

Take Garlic Orally
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

i took garlic along with a mixture or zinc , vitamin e , turmeric and i found that it almost completely cleared up my skin and when i stopped taking the garlic my skin broke out again is a great cure however it is not an instant treatment you need to give it at least 3-5 months to see results

Left me with a huge mark that took months to fade!
Reviewed on July 27, 2014

I had a nasty pimple months back, and I applied crushed garlic directly on it. NOT A GOOD IDEA. It burned, but I thought that just meant it was working. After about 15 minutes, I washed it off, and when I checked in the mirror, I saw that sure enough the pimple had flattened out, but in its place, there was huge pigmented spot. It was awful and took months to fade! Do not recommend using it directly on the skin, but eating garlic is great for your health.

by violetroses on 02/18/2015 12:23
What did you do to the pigmented spot????? i got it right now and its reallllllyyyyyyyy really bad please tell me ?? Huhuhu its really bad