Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel reviews

4.2/5 - 193 reviews

Brand: Fruit of the Earth

Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Gel, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Carbomer 940, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl
Urea.

Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel, Crystal Clear, 6 oz
updated: 04/20/2014 11:45 UTC
Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel, Crystal Clear, 24 oz
updated: 04/20/2014 11:45 UTC

Say goodbye to an oily face!!!!
Reviewed on March 15, 2014

I used to use the cetaphil (or however it's spelled) moisturizer. Though it was recommended by my dermatologist, it contained sunscreen and made my skin look very oily and didn't seem to help my acne at all. After some research, I found aloe vera. I bought it at walmart for about $5 and started using it. My skin is VERY oily, and you can see oil coming from my pores. I know, very gross... But when I used the aloe vera gel, it seemed to hold in the oils. You don't have to re-apply it throughout the day, it usually keeps the oils from coming out and creating pimples. It also makes your skin smooth. After I apply benzoyl peroxide, my skin always is dried out, so I put some gel on it and voila! I used to think that I shouldn't use moisturizer, because of my face is already SO oily, but you really should use this, because it makes your face NOT OILY ANYMORE!!!!!

Good product
Reviewed on December 15, 2013

It's a good product...I'm somewhat confused by it though. It seems to be moisturizing and drying at the same time. I feel like it calms down the sore acne, but when it dries, it has a tightening effect. I'm not sure if it would be a strong enough moisturizer if used with BP. Also, it is hard to wash off. It is very thick and slimy when you put water on it to remove it.

Reviewed on May 24, 2013

It worked well for me my acne is slowly clearing up and I apply it topically to big noticeable pimples

Reviewed on February 24, 2013

Fruit of the Earth- Aloe Vera is a Texas-based product comprised of six ingredients, and does not specify the quantity of any. The Aloe content is debatable- pure aloe has a strong acidic taste. The lack of said taste in this product is the only thing suggestive towards the amount of Aloe Vera within.

Triethanolamine is apparently toxic and is the most likely candidate for the stinging effect I receive from placing this product too close to my eyes. Tetrasodium EDTA can apparently speed the

Reviewed on December 4, 2012

I completely changed my skin care routine mid-summer because my skin was having a severe breakout and I was desperate to find something that worked. I began using fruit of the earth aloe vera gel (along with other things) on top of or underneath my moisturizer, morning and night. At first my skin because to heal rapidly. Then I began to develop tiny white bumps across my forehead, which alarmed me, but I assumed it was from the heat. They quickly spread in less than a week to coating my entire face. In desperation I switched out every single one of my new products for old, trusted ones EXCEPT the aloe vera, because I thought there was no way it could be causing it because it's 'all natural.' .....I know better than that. But for some reason, I was clueless this time, and continued using the aloe vera until FINALLY weeks later I had a moment of enlightenment and stopped using it. The bumps dissapeared completely in a week. My pimples finally began to improve. A few weeks later I ran out of brow gel so I lightly brushed some aloe through them (hoping I could get some use out of the remaining product.) A few short days later I had two eyebrows full of little white bumps and four pimples. Wtf. From the ingredients list, I can only assume it's from the DMDM hydantoin (known irritant. unnecessary in aloe.) Anyway, if you're not sensitive to the DMDM hydantoin then you're probably fine. If not, save your money and buy actual 100% Aloe Vera gel. Because this stuff has additives that it really does not need !!!!

Reviewed on June 4, 2012

this product worked to get rid of my bacne scars and it did work well! it felt nice on my back and i even used it on sunburns too!

Reviewed on January 20, 2012

I started using this as an all over treatment at night hoping it would help my acne (Hormonal & whiteheads :P) but as I said above, it burned a bit ... nothing TOO unbearable and i felt that it was making me breakout a little more more. So I stopped using it as an all over treatment, but one day I had to extract a large pimple on my nose (after washing of course) and with a clean finger, dabbed a nice amount on the spot and IT REALLY DID HEAL IT! fast like overnight :))) ... so bottom line, I will use this if I ever have a bad breakout and it pops .... I THINK this Pure Aloe Vera gel definitely helps to heal the wound! :)))

Reviewed on December 25, 2011

At first I was very excited to use this product - in the end, i face mixed results.

though it has lightened my scars, it hasnt lightened them as much as i had hoped for...

in addition to this, i noticed an increase of blackheads on my left cheek (which was originally clear, but now has black spots all over :-()

though i am disappointed by its cons, it has made my skin much smoother and has toned out the areas a bit. I'd also recommend applying Benozyl Peroxide after the gel has settled... Adds an extra boost. Using this alone would be best for people facind light acne. For moderate, definitely use something along with it.

Reviewed on December 24, 2011

I've been using this for a week so far, and it's really working for my marks. I like it a lot and will continue using it. :)

Reviewed on December 16, 2011

Personally I think that it has reduced the redness of my scars and has made my skin alot smoother and less irritated. Definetly worth a try.