Freederm Oil Free Perfecting Moisturiser reviews

3.7/5 - 6 reviews

Brand: Freederm

Aqua, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Shea Butter Oleyl Ester, Shea Butter Cetyl Ester, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride.

Freederm Oil-Free Perfecting Moisturiser 50ml
updated: 11/22/2014 06:58 UTC

SAVED MY SKIN. (Dry Skin with deep cystic acne)
Reviewed on October 15, 2013

Okay, clearly this won't work for all skin-types and all acne types. I think it will only work on a very specific type of skin & acne.

Dry: My skin has always been very dry and sensitive on my face e.g. after I wash my face, my skin tightens up and becomes intensely dry. Even if I don't wash my face, it will still be horribly dry and after about a day I'll get a ridiculous amount of rough dry dead skin on my face that builds up, requiring vigorous exfoliation to remove.

Deep Cystic Acne: And then, a year ago, I started to get these deep cystic acne spots. Only 2 or 3 at a time, but I still have horribly noticeable scars from ones I got almost a year ago. These are the type of spots which you feel developing a week before they actually come up, and gradually they appear, and they're just huge. They throb & hurt like they have their own artery. They rarely come to a yellow-head, but if they do come to head it will involve a lot of blood. And once they go they leave balls of scar tissue under your skin, and red marks on the surface,

So that's where Freederm comes in. I first started using the Freederm treatment gel, which I discovered to be the only thing that reduced the life cycle of these deep cystic acne spots, and actually seemed to prevent them in some cases. Then, I thought I'd try out the Freederm moisturiser, so started applying it on my face after washing. It became more effective once I started applying it whilst my face was still slightly damp. I started using it about a week ago, and my skin has never been so soft, like, EVER! It looks much clearer as well, and *fingers crossed* I haven't had a new cystic acne spot since. I can't say if this will continue, I really hope it will. Even if the spots come back, this is the only moisturiser I have found which actually moisturises my skin properly. Most moisturisers just leave a greasy surface on top of the dryness.

The key ingredient in Freederm products is Nicotinamide which is an active anti-inflammatory ingredient. Nicotinamide penetrates deep into the skin, so is most effective on deep cystic acne like mine. I've heard people say it is not so effective for surface-level spots or whiteheads (I have noticed this myself).

So if you fall into the category of dry skin (since it might be overly moisturising on oily skin, whilst on my dry skin it is perfect), and deep cystic acne - TRY THIS!

Review For People Who want Best Results. . .
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

Use Age: 1.Tie your hair back (even fringe) 2.Wash your face with warm water. 3. Put some soap on your cheeks on chin and forehead. 4. Avoid contact with eyes!! 5. Wash off the soap with again WARM water. 6. Apply FreeDerm Perfecting Moisturiser 100% Oil Free In the areas with spots and yes if your like me in the corner of your forehead JUST about in your hair YUCK, And rub in lightly. 7. Do NOT under ANY circumstances wash off, This will get rid of the FreeDerm!!!!! I've only been using this for about two days and my skin is more moist!!

by Selena Young on 06/14/2013 16:18
Comment here guyz!! its 100% percent true! I forgot to say: Do this in the morning, and before you go to sleep, if you have a bath before bed I recommend you follow these steps AFTER bathing thx guyz!
Reviewed on November 7, 2011

just all round great, makes your skin shiny, makes the dryness less itchy!

Reviewed on May 27, 2011

This is an ok product and would probably suit non makeup wearers better.

It certainly does a decent job of moisturising and doesn't leave a greasy finish, but the awful smell and price would prevent me from buying again. I don't mind paying a bit more for an outstanding product, but not a so-so one.

Reviewed on October 4, 2010

This is a great product and does help with dryness associated with usage of benzoyl peroxide, and lasts a good 4 months, as you only need a little bit.I cannot see how it could help acne apart from making my skin silky smooth...?????

you should really check out the website, its a great product!

would definately recommend to a friend

(Note: the price is in english pounds...it would prob be about 5-6 dollars)