Freederm Gel reviews

Brand: Freederm

Key Ingredient:
Nicotinamide (4%).

Other Ingredients:
Aluminium magnesium silicate, hypromellose, citric acid anhydrous, macrogol lauryl ether, ethanol anhydrous and purified water.

Freederm Review
Reviewed on February 6, 2017

I have found Freederm gel amazing. I will not use any other acne cream/gel on my skin. The face wash, however, seems ineffective; or, at least, no better or worse than a generic, cheaper face wash. I think the gel works best on cystic acne that is close to the skin, rather than buried deep underneath it, and best if you've just washed your face and there is no oil present.

Reduces redness but that's it
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

Bought this and have been using it from boots and hasn't really done anything other then reduce redness from spots and dry them out. I would not buy this again as it didn't make as big a difference as I would have liked it to.

GAVE ME SPOTS IN PLACES I HAVE NEVER HAD THEM
Reviewed on August 26, 2015

My skin is pretty good, I just tend to have that monthly breakout so I bought Freederm. After two uses I have broken out in tiny spots across my tzone. I can't believe a product so expensive which is meant to reduce spots has given me more in places I have never had them before...Never buying freederm products again!

Gentle short term treatment for cysts
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

I have moderate cystic acne which creams that are benzoyl peroxide based are far too harsh to use.

This gel works great for my cysts by drying them out and greatly reduces inflammation. After six years of trial and error of products, this is the only topical treatment I'll use on my cystic acne. The best part for me is it is far more gentle than prescription creams whilst being just as effective.

The tube is small and it is pricey though. I only use it on my cystic acne so can't review the effects on normal pimples.

It can sting a bit, especially on open or damaged cysts. But almost all topical solutions do a little anyway! Stinging disappears within seconds!

I find it works best when you apply a liberal amount per cyst, hence I only use this before bed and when I'm staying home. Once dry it leaves a pale, translucentish/White film.

Would recommend if you have mild to moderate cystic acne that is easily aggrivated by harsher treatment.

No no no
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

This does nothing apart from leaves a barrier of fire skin around the pimple

complete con
Reviewed on May 11, 2015

TERRIBLE . WASTE OF MONEY > DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!! COMPLETE CON !!!

Doesn't work,
Reviewed on February 27, 2015

I have been using this gel for over 3 weeks and made my skin look worse. Did not remove or dry up my spots. waste of money. Will never repurchase again

Made no difference
Reviewed on June 14, 2014

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now, I followed the instructions precisely and it has made no difference at all! If anything, my acne has gotten worse! I would definitely not recommend it.

Great for sport treating and reducing inflammation quickly
Reviewed on August 26, 2013

This is a great little gel for spot treating and quickly reducing inflamed spots and redness because it contains 4% nicotinamide which is an anti-inflammatory. But I found it no good for long term treatment and it definitely can't do much when your acne is severe, although to be fair it is only advertised as for the treatment for mild to moderate inflamed acne. If you want something as a quick fix for mild/moderate spots this can help you out in a sticky situation but I wouldn't recommend it as a long-term treatment plan or for severe acne. I also didn't like the fact that it contains alcohol because that made it unnecessarily drying but it definitely doesn't cause the irritation issues you get with things like benzoyl peroxide and in comparison is very gentle. Worth a try for some!

Anonymous, Uk