Page 4 of Fraxel Laser reviews

2.9/5 - 181 reviews

Brand: Fraxel

Fraxel Laser

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on February 22, 2011

Hi Guys,

I have a lot of scars on my face some are small, some deep. I can confidentially say I have almost every type of acne scar on my face and my scarring is severe. Also, I am a Indian from India and have Brown skin color.

I read the post from anonymous from Washington here and felt a little confident about this treatment even though everyone else says only Repair would work for Acne Scars, but still I got FRAXEL RESTORE done. Anonymous from Washington is right in a way it looks like the treatment has worked on the fourth day but 2 weeks later your face looks exactly like it was before without any changes. I had taken note of the lightest scars on my face to see if this treatment made nay change on any of them and the answer is absolutely no. It made no changes to any part of my face. I have taken photos of my face using iPhone from different angles before and after the treatment and believe me there is no difference. I know they recommend 5 treatments but I was expecting to see some change even if it was 5% but sadly it is 0% change.

I am not trying to discourage you but it is the truth this treatment is just not effective for Acne Scars. For those of you are Caucasians you are lucky that you can get FRAXEL REPAIR done which I have heard can be effective for Acne Scars but only after 4 Treatments yes even for REPAIR (ablative CO2) you can need 4 treatments.

Bottom line this treatment is completely and absolutely a waste of money. The doctor only recommended I go with it to see how my skin reacts to it. Now that he knows it has healed well we may proceed with REPAIR.

I wish you all good luck and hope only people who have had this particular treatment FRAXEL RESTORE post their comments here.

Reviewed on October 18, 2010

You always see lots of negative reviews; but most people wont take the time to write a positive one.

This works. I am in my late 30's and have suffered with severe acne since I was 13. When I was 23 I went through Accutane treatments. This brought my acne under control, but never got rid of it. In the last year i began having significant problems and needed to see the Dermatologist again. for the last 7 months i have been on a treatment of Minocin and Stievamycin. This has completely cleared up my skin and i have been "acne free" for 3-4 months.

it was time to do something about the years of damage and my MD recommended Fraxel Re-Store. the procedure took approximately 2 1/2 hrs. it was 1 1/2 hrs for the numbing cream to work and then an hour for the procedure.

I have heard several people compare the pain to being minor; like a shock. i will tell you it HURTS! perhaps this is because of the level of damage, but i had 8 passes over my entire face at a high level and by the end of it I was coming up off the chair with each pass.

That being said, the results show. it has been 4 days and the swelling and redness are down significantly. i am able to go to work and it looks like i spent too much time out in the sun. It itches like crazy, but a good moisturizer helps with the itch. make sure moistureizer is hypo-allergenic and non comedogenic.

I have read several others have problems with breaking out after the procedure. i also had a slight breakout of small whiteheads; but i think it was more to do with fluid under the dead top layer of skin. i have been using an antibiotic since the day of the procedure and have not had any more trouble with breakouts.

I used pure all natural aloe all over my face constantly for the first two days. do not get an aloe that is green or blue or smells strong. you want a hypo-allergenic aloe with no colors or smell. natural aloe is very good for the skin and wont clog your por

Reviewed on September 20, 2010

I suffered from heavy acne as a teenager. I used Proactiv which did nothing and also I picked at my acne which probably resulted in the scarring I have now. Eventually I went on Doxyciline and traditional creams prescribed by a dermatologist but the damage was done. While the scarring is light, it is noticeable around my cheeks, nose and lower forehead (in which I also have big pores and oily skin).

I paid for a treatment of four procedures which is heavy ($3900 with a free hydrating peel & some travel exfoliating kit), but I've always been a little self-conscious about my scarring and wanted to get something done. The laser is virtually painless, especially if you have a a good pain tolerance and the doctor gets to you right at the peak of the numbing cream. Getting a tattoo feels worst. My doctor was very attentive and took her time. She did do several passes in certain areas as designated by the laser guide (which I read a little about) so I do not know why one of the reviewer's treatments took 5 minutes.

Afterwards, my face was red for approximately a week...however, it did get better as each day went by. About three days after the procedure my skin was flaking off like a sunburn and by one week after the procedure it was done and I noticed a difference already. I'm so happy I'm getting this done as the results are amazing!

Reviewed on September 16, 2010

While I want to go for the next 2 treatments, I am wondering if it'd be worth spending the add'l $1200+. The clinic, for some odd reason, won't let me talk to the doctor over the phone to get my questions answered. They wouldn't explain why the first procedure was barely 5 minutes long and insist on me making another appointment, so that makes me wonder.

Reviewed on June 19, 2010

Again...I am very optimistic. I am glad I went through the procedure, at this point. My face is starting to itch, so I know the healing process is well on its way. I will be sure to log back on in about a week to give an update.

Reviewed on April 20, 2010

NO PAIN, NO BEAUTY. If you are searching for major improvements on your skin, then you will go for at least three fraxel laser treatments. Not only it will requires you to be fiancially flexible but there is also downtime to recover from the treatment. Make sure to search for a clinic that gives you some pills to tolerate the pain.

Reviewed on February 14, 2010

Acne scars are debilitating. I'm finally glad there is a treatment that offers me a chance to put the scars of my youth behind me. I know I'll have some work to do build my self confidence, but having a face I can like will sure help me achieve that end.

Reviewed on January 24, 2010

I had an experienced and excellent dermatologist. I have minor adult acne, and scarring for moderate to severe acne I had as a teenager. I had 6 passes for this first treatment. On a pain scale of 1-10 (with 10 being extreme pain, and 1 being barely no pain), the pain level was about a 1 for the first 2 passes and about a 2 for the next 4. Piece of cake. The most irritating thing for me was the puffy face that I had for a few hours, with the peak of it coming between 10 and 18 hours after the treatment. But right now (30 hours after the procedure), the swelling is minimal, and I don't have the puffy feeling. The redness is not bad either. The downtime is basically a non-issue. I will be back in 4 weeks for Treatment #2. I don't see much downside to this procedure, and I am confident that I will see results. I recommend you get injections in addition to the numbing cream for the non-ablative procedure.

Reviewed on December 11, 2009

I have had one treatment and will have two more and at $800 a session I say it was worth every penny! The scars I had on my face were rolling scars and they are about 60% improved already. I took some medicine to prevent breaking out a day before and the day after and used some sunblock from Image skin care and thanks God it really worked. I would say it was a good idea. I had really bad acne when I was younger and I had acutane which stopped the breaking out but the scars remained which I hated. Now I can feel good about myself again. No more hiding in certain types of light.

Reviewed on December 6, 2009

three weeks after my first fraxel treatment, I noticed a 30% reduction in my acne scarring. I just had my second treatment today and I am awaiting to see results. It will be about three weeks before i will see the results but I will keep everyone informed. I had my first treatment at a level 6 at 40mj. My second was at level 7 at 40mj. I could still talk as i was being fraxeled so I am going to request a level 9 at 50mj for my third session.