Page 18 of Fraxel Laser Fraxel Laser reviews

2.9/5 - 179 reviews

Brand: Fraxel Laser

Reviewed on May 22, 2007

I would be happy with 50% improvement, but not sure if I would get there.

Reviewed on May 19, 2007

Recommended: 4-6 spaced out min. time alowed. Wait 10-12 months then do another round. Skin continues to improve for 6+ months.

Results: NON-SCARRED AREAS - Dramatically smoothed, pigment evened out, melasma dramatically reduced. Years off your face.

SCARS: Varies for TYPE/POSITION of scar. Scars in fattier tissue (e.g. cheeks)and deep pits are hardest to treat. However, the smoothing effect can be dramatic, but never expect 90-100% improvement. Your skin will NEVER go back to how it was in your pre-acne days. But with realistic hopes, you may be pleased with the fraxel.

I have light/mild scarring which has been quite improved over 2+ years of treatment now using fraxel, s and v-beam. For people with more severe scarring, expect less overall improvement and more time/treatments to achieve effects. May also want to consider Erbium/CO2YAG lasers.

Research your doctor! I also recommend therapy - it helps! And stay out of the sun! And stay out of dimly lit

Reviewed on May 3, 2007

Everyone is different, so the results will not be the same for all people. You need to be patience, results are progressive and can take up to six months to see the full affect. If you really want to try it, save up, it is not cheep! I think this can help a lot of people, but you need to find a good doc, and read as much infomation you can get. Best to all. :)

Reviewed on April 3, 2007

Try it once - at least. It's so clear that everyone has different results, so try it for yourself and see if it works for you. I have deep cheek scars and it appears to have put my skin on the right track. For me, it was a matter of - What else is out there that doesnt require a month of downtime?

Reviewed on March 26, 2007

Save you money, save your face. Maybe in a few years the technology will improve.

Reviewed on March 15, 2007

I had my first fraxel treatment four weeks ago. It didn't hurt. I was swollen for three days. I was red for four days then pink for two. I peeled but not excessively. I went in on a Friday. I was back at work on the Monday. I didn't bother with make up at all and didn't feel self concious about it. I guess it's a little like mild sunburn. My second treatment is tomorrow. I was told improvement would be visable from the 3rd or 4th treatment. then for a further 6 months afterwards. Although of course, you still cannot help but keep an eye on progress even after the first one. I have noticed a subtle change, but no-one else has. Scars are softer but still there, my cheeks have more colour (i'm very fair). I'm not sure what to expect after my second one tomorrow but will post the results when the redness goes down and i can see a true indication.

Reviewed on October 13, 2006

If you are going for improvement of acne scars, save you money.