Page 18 of Fraxel Laser reviews

2.9/5 - 182 reviews

Brand: Fraxel

Reviewed on June 10, 2007

After 3 treatments, I have yet to see any kind of good results. Skin texture the same, minor acne and dermabrasion scars still there. Am exceptionally unhappy about having to have a blue tinged face for several days after treatment. The dye is hard to wash off. Am glad I have only 2 more treatments left in the package that I bought. It's such a pain to go through it.

Reviewed on May 23, 2007

I had 4 treatments last year, prior to the upgrade in techonology to the Fraxel II. $4,000 later, I had no improvment at all in my scarring. There was very mild improvement in my skin firmness and some fine lines, but this was gradual after treatment. I was very discouraged, as others with my type of scarring (rolling) seem to do better with Fraxel than I did. Prior to the Fraxel, I had had 5 treatments of a combo of Erbium YAG and Smoothbeam,which also did nothing. I just met with a new laser Dr, who says the Fraxel II might actually work for me. Needless to say, I'm skeptical. After close to $10,000 of treatment that did not work, it's hard to commit to another round with another laser, though maybe new Dr will make the difference. NOTE TO THIS WEBSITE: THIS TREATMENT (FRAXEL) SHOULD BE UNDER THE CATEGORY OF SCARRING TREATMENTS, NOT ACNE TREATMENTS.

Reviewed on May 22, 2007

Please do not get your hopes up with procesure. Do not get this done if you have any color to your skin. Before I had acne scars, now I have acne scars with blotches:( It left my face discolored, despite using the bleaching cream prescribed.

I guess for now, all I can do is wait for something better to come along.

Reviewed on May 22, 2007

I would be happy with 50% improvement, but not sure if I would get there.

Reviewed on May 19, 2007

Recommended: 4-6 spaced out min. time alowed. Wait 10-12 months then do another round. Skin continues to improve for 6+ months.

Results: NON-SCARRED AREAS - Dramatically smoothed, pigment evened out, melasma dramatically reduced. Years off your face.

SCARS: Varies for TYPE/POSITION of scar. Scars in fattier tissue (e.g. cheeks)and deep pits are hardest to treat. However, the smoothing effect can be dramatic, but never expect 90-100% improvement. Your skin will NEVER go back to how it was in your pre-acne days. But with realistic hopes, you may be pleased with the fraxel.

I have light/mild scarring which has been quite improved over 2+ years of treatment now using fraxel, s and v-beam. For people with more severe scarring, expect less overall improvement and more time/treatments to achieve effects. May also want to consider Erbium/CO2YAG lasers.

Research your doctor! I also recommend therapy - it helps! And stay out of the sun! And stay out of dimly lit

Reviewed on May 3, 2007

Everyone is different, so the results will not be the same for all people. You need to be patience, results are progressive and can take up to six months to see the full affect. If you really want to try it, save up, it is not cheep! I think this can help a lot of people, but you need to find a good doc, and read as much infomation you can get. Best to all. :)

Reviewed on April 3, 2007

Try it once - at least. It's so clear that everyone has different results, so try it for yourself and see if it works for you. I have deep cheek scars and it appears to have put my skin on the right track. For me, it was a matter of - What else is out there that doesnt require a month of downtime?

Reviewed on March 26, 2007

Save you money, save your face. Maybe in a few years the technology will improve.