Fractional CO2 Laser reviews

4/5 - 1 review

Fractional CO2 Laser

Fractional Co2 laser resurfacing Active FX (not Fraxel)
Reviewed on March 15, 2016

There are so many different types of laser treatments and pros and cons for each.

> Ablative (most intense, more down time) Erbium YAG or fractionated CO2

> Non-ablative (more gentle, little down time) NdYAG, Fraxel

I attended a Dermatologist, for moderate scar treatment.

He recommended a combination of IPL for the pigment from sun damage and acne scars as well as Fractional Co2 laser (Active FX is the brand name) for collagen restoration of the scars (this happens over 3 to 6 months post op)

I am 10 days post op today. I can already see a real difference in the pigment (I'm fair to medium - this treatment is not recommended for medium to dark skin) the down time is about 5 days, you can wear make up after day 3 (I used mineral make up powder over the La Roche Possay B15 recovery cream). I did not experience peeling, like when you get sunburned, it was more like micro peeling, the dead skin came off gradually when I cleansed my face.

The texture is still slightly rough in places, I guess a little dehydrated. I think I should be back to soft skin come day 14, I still have some pinkness and a few lines, like feint grid marks but these are fading each day - as I was told they would.

I am scheduled for the same treatment again in 7 weeks. After that they have told me that they may need to give me one additional Co2 treatment to target specific scarred areas, but we won't know that until I have completely healed from the second treatment.

The cost is €550 per treatment in Dublin, Ireland.