Page 5 of Fish Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 228 reviews

Reviewed on January 28, 2012

I don't recommend this product as it caused further breakouts for myself and many other users.

Reviewed on January 22, 2012

After reading and researching Dan's daily regime online, I decided to go to my local pharmacists and ask what kind of Omega-3 pills they recommend for average daily living/skin. They pointed out these gel like fish pill capsules and said that the only common side effect I may have is diarrhea, but only if I started with all three at once.

I went home and decided to only start with one capsule (on a full stomach) the very next morning. The morning after that (day two) I didn't really have much of an appetite for anything, even water, which was very strange to me. Regardless, I lasted the whole day, becoming VERY tired when I got home from not eating much. Then the very NEXT morning (day 3) I woke up a little dizzy and light headed. I came home from work later that evening only to lay in my bed for 5 misserable hours from terrible stomach pain. Finally I threw up everything I had and DEFINITELY some nasty fluid that smelled and tasted like the fish oil. I felt better of course, but my puking lasted all night until mid-afternoond the next day.

I haven't gotten sick like that in almost 3 years. So without eating anywhere else but at home, and my entire family eating exactly what I did and NOT throw up, it just seemed like way too much of a coincidence for me. I must assume the most likely source and warn everyone that the fish oil made me sick.

Overall, I am sure this works for some people, but it made me as sick as a dog. Everyone is different, so always be careful what you are taking before you stick it in your mouth, no matter how harness the internet/pharmacists claims they are.

Reviewed on January 5, 2012

Definitely worth a try as it nourishes your whole body causing your skin to be beautiful from within!

Reviewed on December 19, 2011

I've been taking up to 4 capsules of two types of fish oil daily for the past two weeks, along with multivitamins.

I mainly got it to improve my mood and reduce my weight loss "recovering anorexia" it gives me so much energy and much better concentration.

Reviewed on December 18, 2011

My acne has cleared up and my skin appears to be much smoother. My advice to those who had bad reactions is eat an avocado once a day then, ull get the benefits of the omega 3 fatty acid. Also apply tea tree oil, its said that its just as effective as benzoyl peroxide but safer of course. Ive been using tea tree oil for a while now and my skin has never felt more smooth and looked more clear, it also reduced any redness i had. just apply 2-3 drops onto your skin and apply with either jojoba oil with avocado oil or either or so your skin wont dry out so much, the tea tree oil absorbs deep within your skin it will feel so fresh within minutes.

Also drink lemon water, it will clear your acne right up. For a face mask use a raw potato, it will help brighten your skin, clear your acne scars and whatever pimples you have within days or less.:)

Reviewed on December 15, 2011

So I'm in my late 20's and was pretty fed up with my acne. I researched a mega ton (yep, I said it) online about different things I could try before I tried something more drastic (prescription meds) . Fish oil is one of the few things that I started taking and I really do think it is one of the main factors that has helped my acne drastically improve. I also at the same time starting taking a multi vitamin (I'd take vitamins every now and then up to this point) everyday and tried a few different facials with crazy things - raw honey, lemon, egg (dried the crap out of my face btw). Pretty much all these things I started giving myself facials were done maybe more at first but at this point aren't done all that often. My acne is atleast 75% better than it was 2 or 3 months ago before I started taking the fish oil (the good fish oil btw, nordic naturals) and the multivitamin. I think the fish oil can really help someone if they have dry skin and are getting break outs (most people past their teens aren't going to be nearly as oily).

Reviewed on November 16, 2011

It works if your acne is cause by dry skin! It's worth a try!

Reviewed on November 14, 2011

it caused cystic acne within a week of taking this. I took this a few years ago along with a multivitamin and it took me a few months to realize what was happening. I really regret having tried this. In the research journals I'm sure they would have encountered the fact that It causes cysts in a significant portion of the population, they should have reported this.

Reviewed on November 13, 2011

After doing a bit of research and comparisons on the market of fish oil, I decided to go with a moderately priced but vegan option of omega3's and 6's. It's NutraVege and it is an omega 3&6 supplement that is derived from plant base life. Not gonna go into details, but basically you're just taking in what fishes eat (sea plant life...etc. but they eat a lot of it and produces fatty acids). Considering that if I were to take fish oils for an extended period of time as well as at a higher dosage, I figure that it is worth while to invest in a vegan option which may potentially cut out the risk of accumulating nasty chemicals from fishes.

I also wanted to do away with the gel-caps so I opted for the oil. It tastes nasty and naturally, feels like downing a spoon full of oil.

But it has definitely improve my skin texture, glow and reduce redness. I've been taking this in the evening either before or after meal. Oh yeah, and I do burp with that nasty taste, but it beats having bad skin.

I actually took only half the recommended dosage. But it works for me.

Reviewed on November 3, 2011

Took 3g/day for a week. Broke in with large painful cystic acne along jawline.