Page 5 of Fish Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 224 reviews

Reviewed on December 18, 2011

My acne has cleared up and my skin appears to be much smoother. My advice to those who had bad reactions is eat an avocado once a day then, ull get the benefits of the omega 3 fatty acid. Also apply tea tree oil, its said that its just as effective as benzoyl peroxide but safer of course. Ive been using tea tree oil for a while now and my skin has never felt more smooth and looked more clear, it also reduced any redness i had. just apply 2-3 drops onto your skin and apply with either jojoba oil with avocado oil or either or so your skin wont dry out so much, the tea tree oil absorbs deep within your skin it will feel so fresh within minutes.

Also drink lemon water, it will clear your acne right up. For a face mask use a raw potato, it will help brighten your skin, clear your acne scars and whatever pimples you have within days or less.:)

Reviewed on December 15, 2011

So I'm in my late 20's and was pretty fed up with my acne. I researched a mega ton (yep, I said it) online about different things I could try before I tried something more drastic (prescription meds) . Fish oil is one of the few things that I started taking and I really do think it is one of the main factors that has helped my acne drastically improve. I also at the same time starting taking a multi vitamin (I'd take vitamins every now and then up to this point) everyday and tried a few different facials with crazy things - raw honey, lemon, egg (dried the crap out of my face btw). Pretty much all these things I started giving myself facials were done maybe more at first but at this point aren't done all that often. My acne is atleast 75% better than it was 2 or 3 months ago before I started taking the fish oil (the good fish oil btw, nordic naturals) and the multivitamin. I think the fish oil can really help someone if they have dry skin and are getting break outs (most people past their teens aren't going to be nearly as oily).

Reviewed on November 16, 2011

It works if your acne is cause by dry skin! It's worth a try!

Reviewed on November 14, 2011

it caused cystic acne within a week of taking this. I took this a few years ago along with a multivitamin and it took me a few months to realize what was happening. I really regret having tried this. In the research journals I'm sure they would have encountered the fact that It causes cysts in a significant portion of the population, they should have reported this.

Reviewed on November 13, 2011

After doing a bit of research and comparisons on the market of fish oil, I decided to go with a moderately priced but vegan option of omega3's and 6's. It's NutraVege and it is an omega 3&6 supplement that is derived from plant base life. Not gonna go into details, but basically you're just taking in what fishes eat (sea plant life...etc. but they eat a lot of it and produces fatty acids). Considering that if I were to take fish oils for an extended period of time as well as at a higher dosage, I figure that it is worth while to invest in a vegan option which may potentially cut out the risk of accumulating nasty chemicals from fishes.

I also wanted to do away with the gel-caps so I opted for the oil. It tastes nasty and naturally, feels like downing a spoon full of oil.

But it has definitely improve my skin texture, glow and reduce redness. I've been taking this in the evening either before or after meal. Oh yeah, and I do burp with that nasty taste, but it beats having bad skin.

I actually took only half the recommended dosage. But it works for me.

Reviewed on November 3, 2011

Took 3g/day for a week. Broke in with large painful cystic acne along jawline.

Reviewed on November 1, 2011

I started taking 3 nature's bounty fish oil pills per day as directed on the bottle. I heard it could help acne from various sources. Well......not in my case. My entire face is covered (100's) of bumps and pustules. I only get a few pimples during my cycle. I'm now a full blow acne patient. Had to go to derm to figure out what to do next.

Reviewed on October 29, 2011

I am male in my early thirties. I suffered fom cystic acne on my face until my mid twenties, which subsided with the time, though still getting some on my back.

I used the Nature's Bounty brand, taking 4 sofgels a day as recommended by the manufacturer for about 10 days. Results - damn, I broke out badly both on my face and back - deep, cystic acne. It hasn't been that bad for years.

Reviewed on October 18, 2011

Wanted to use this as I know it's supposed to have other benefits (brain function, mood etc.) as well as improving acne but it was a disaster for me! Within a week of starting it, I had huge, painful spots on cheeks and jaw (which are now nice red marks). This was after a couple of months with only minor spots pre-fish oil - I also broke out all over my back which is very unusual for me. I stopped taking them as it was the only new product I'd introduced and my skin has calmed down right away.

The brand I bought was quite cheap from the supermarket so maybe it was bad quality - I read now that you should get the best quality possible for maximum omega 3 oil content so I would recommend paying more and maybe finding a good brand online rather than supermarket ones.

Reviewed on October 5, 2011

I was looking through the reviews on fish oil on this site and I gave the product a try. I bought a big jar of fish oil which contains 350 softgels for about 10 bucks at Sam's club. My skin has gotten soft and smooth. My skin color also appears to be healthy. I jog fairly often, but now I am able to jog longer than before since taking the product. More importantly, my acne seems to have lessen. I still get a few break outs, but they aren't as bad as before. I get pimples like nodule which usually appears in different sections of my face. They have shrunken considerably. I recommend trying this product!!!