Page 3 of Fish Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 222 reviews

Reviewed on October 8, 2012

Fish oil is one of the many vitamins that i take that do not do much for my skin. This supplement actually breaks me skin out instead of helping clear it. I have noticed that whenever i take it i break out really bad along the jawline area. When i break out it is very deep and painful pimples that don't seem to go away regardless of how many acne products i use on it. I have heard that this vitamin does wonders for other people tho and i encourage everyone to at least try it if you want to find an acne supplement that is natural and healthy for you.

Reviewed on September 22, 2012

I have moderate hormonal acne. I break out around my chin and jawline. I've been seeing a dermatologist for nearly a year. First I was put on Doxycycline. When my acne didn't respond to that after three months, my dermatologist added Ziana to my regimen. Four months later and no improvements, I was put on Solodyn and Benzaclin instead. Nothing was working! She decided to fight hormones with hormones, and I was prescribed Ortho Tri Cyclen to take along with the Solodyn. A few months later, still no results. I started taking 1000mg fish oil capsules (Nature Made) twice a day. After two weeks, I noticed definite improvement. My skin was clearer and brighter (though not COMPLETELY clear), and I was also in a better mood. I was able to sleep better at night, and woke up feeling refreshed and alert instead of pressing the snooze button 4 times. After about a month using the fish oil, my skin is 99% clear. I get a small breakout around my period, but nothing like how it used to be. Fish oil. Who knew?

Reviewed on August 26, 2012

It did not help me in any way. I ended up getting more acne than before. I guess my skin didn't react well. :/

Reviewed on August 23, 2012

I FULLY recommend fish oil as a dietary supplement for all walks of life. I did a ton of research on it before I took the supplement (like any other supplement I take), and found I could only benefit from it. I have been taking fish oil daily (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) for about five weeks now and my skin has never been smoother and silkier. I had very light to light acne before, but now it is honestly not even a factor. I feel 100x better now that I'm taking it, my memory is way better, and it even puts me in a better mood.

THINGS TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING:

FDA approves the company for scanning their fish for safe mercury levels

1000mg of Omega-3 (in the Americas we already have enough Omega-6 and 9 in our diets that we don't need all three)

180mg of EPA

120mg of DHA

Enteric coated (no fish burps! As it dissolves after it gets past your stomach.)

Reviewed on August 1, 2012

I read all the reviews on here before purchasing the fish oil, I kept in mind all the negative reviews of the Fish oil, while i made the decision to test this out, and to my surprise noticed constant sneezing and watery eyes within 30 minutes of taking the fish oil, it lasted for 6 hours . The sneezing went away around 9:00 pm, I took another 2 pills around 10:00 pm, ( just to see if i had another episode) 30 minutes later the same story , sneezing and watery eyes. The next morning I wake up and look in the mirror and saw a major break out on my face, 30 white heads all over my face and some huge ones under my skin. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Reviewed on July 15, 2012

I bought these hoping they would clear my mild acne i've had acne for awhile now because i have very dry and sensitive skin with flakes all over it. I took these for 5 days today being the 5th, when i woke up after taking the third pill my skin looked amazing, no flakes, no redness, no dryness, it looked great!!! if you have tried everything else and nothing else seems to be working then buy these and give em a try i take 1000mg a day one pill a day so you don't have to overdose on them to see a difference. And they are cheap i bought a twin pack, 2 bottles for 6$ each containing 100 pills

Reviewed on June 21, 2012

I'm allergic to fish oil and it is not good for my skin on my face. Glad I finally figured this out.

Reviewed on June 2, 2012

Make sure you buy tablets with a higher dosage, otherwise you will have to take 6+ to see results.

I have taken two a day for the past six weeks and my hair is amazingly smooth and shiny. My skin has cleared A LOT (although not perfect). I used to suffer from severe cystic acne and this has worked well for me in combination of other vitamins (magnesium and a multi) and drinking a tonne of water!

Reviewed on May 6, 2012

Been a lifesaver since starting Accutane, I was having sore joints and after 2 weeks of taking this supplement my joint pain went away!

Reviewed on May 1, 2012

I didn't really expect for this to completely clear my acne but it has made my fluffy disaster of hair tamer and it has made my skin a bit more glowing and soft (except for the acne) I haven't been taking for long but im noticing little bumps on my cheeks are getting smaller. So over all i would recommend this to you if you have dry or combo skin with bumps or if you have fluffy fizzy hair or maybe if you just what to be overall healthier!