Fish Oil

Recommended by 70% of visitors

Average price: $13.34

Most helpful review

By Laura, California on 11/30/2012

I researched fish oil online before I bought it and two brands seemed to work well for acne-prone people: Spring Valley and Sundown. Sundown contains soy, so I went with Spring Valley. I now have painful, inflamed acne all over my T-zone. I won’t be able to leave the house for a week! Keep the receipt in case fish oil doesn’t agree with you..

Pros:
  • Beneficial for overall health
  • Stronger, shinier hair & nails
  • Readily available in most stores
Cons:
  • Caused cystic acne

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I bought these hoping they would clear my mild acne i've had acne for awhile now because i have very dry and sensitive skin with flakes all over it. I took these for 5 days today being the 5th, when i woke up after taking the third pill my skin looked amazing, no flakes, no redness, no dryness, it looked great!!! if you have tried everything else and nothing else seems to be working then buy these and give em a try i take 1000mg a day one pill a day so you don't have to overdose on them to see a difference. And they are cheap i bought a twin pack, 2 bottles for 6$ each containing 100 pills

Pros

• Cleared my skin in a few days
  • Gave skin a healthy glow
  • Easy to take
  • Healthy for more than just skin
  • Improved mood
  • Cheap!

Cons

• None!
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I'm allergic to fish oil and it is not good for my skin on my face. Glad I finally figured this out.

Pros

• No pros for me.

Cons

• Developed red and blotchy skin from taking fish oil. Didn't realize it was the the fish oil until just recently. Also made my forehead dry, patchy, red and a bit bumpy. I'm allergic apparently.
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Make sure you buy tablets with a higher dosage, otherwise you will have to take 6+ to see results.

I have taken two a day for the past six weeks and my hair is amazingly smooth and shiny. My skin has cleared A LOT (although not perfect). I used to suffer from severe cystic acne and this has worked well for me in combination of other vitamins (magnesium and a multi) and drinking a tonne of water!

Pros

• Soft hair
  • Soft/glowing skin
  • Less acne
  • Feel healthier

Cons

• They are large to swallow
  • Have to remember to take them everyday
  • Cost $
  • severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 25

By on

Been a lifesaver since starting Accutane, I was having sore joints and after 2 weeks of taking this supplement my joint pain went away!

Pros

• Helps Joint pain
  • Help eye dryness

Cons

• Huge pills, can be hard to get down
  • If you don't get the odorless or burpless pills you will taste fish in your mouth all day long, pretty nasty
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 18
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I didn't really expect for this to completely clear my acne but it has made my fluffy disaster of hair tamer and it has made my skin a bit more glowing and soft (except for the acne) I haven't been taking for long but im noticing little bumps on my cheeks are getting smaller. So over all i would recommend this to you if you have dry or combo skin with bumps or if you have fluffy fizzy hair or maybe if you just what to be overall healthier!

Pros

• Soft hair
  • Supple skin
  • Better mood
  • Softer skin

Cons

• No drastic improvement
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I won't stop taking fish oil pills. Besides clearing on my skin, it just makes me feel healthier.

Pros

• I am 26yrs of age. Female. I grew up with acne and it wasn't deep scaring acne but I did get the red dots that would seem to never go away. Ive always had a pimple here and there on my cheek every other month but after taking fish oil pills I noticed the red marks had diminished through time. I rarely get pimples now. I only take 2 tablets a day. Everyone is different and needs a different amount, or will get a different reaction.

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I think it is really important to stress taking a high quality fish oil supplement. I use nordic naturals ultimage omega and get 1280mg of pure omega 3s a day from it. Remember, fish oil is considered a dietary supplement and isn't regulated by the FDA, so there can be some nasty toxins in it if you buy cheap. I am not suprised to hear that a lot of people had worsened acne after taking cheap and polluted fish oil. If you are going to give this a shot, please buy a quality brand like nordic naturals and give it a month minimum to see results. You can expect to spend about $28 a month on quality fish oil.

Pros

• Good for dewey, healthy, smooth skin. Good for your heart and lowering triglycerides. Made those bumps on the back of my arms completely disappear.

Cons

• None.
  • light
  • for about a year
  • $ 28
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i am 16 and have had acne since i was 14. i have tried over the counter stuff heaps and none of it seems to work. but my aunty recommended i try fish oil tablets and since then i have seen an improvement in the healthiness of my skin. although it may not treat severe acne over night and doesnt work on all pimples i have seen a difference.i do recommend you try it plus it makes your mood better as well which is a bonus :D

Pros

• keeps acne away to a degree if you use it daily(i take 3 tablets a day 1000mg)
  • smooths skin
  • not as many pimples

Cons

• need to use it for a while to work as it doesnt work over night
  • doesnt clear it up 100% (but then what does haha)
  • very light
  • for about a week
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i kept taking this for about 3 months before.. i didn't stop cause it makes my hair really soft and didn't even noticed that this caused me to broke out like crazy specially on my upper back.. i serious thought before that staying up so late and some stress causes me to broke out..then one day i forgot to take this for about 2 nights and noticed that my pimples seems to calm down.. then take it once again and BOOM! on the 2nd day acne got worsen so i stop taking this even if my hair loves it but sad to say my skin hates it..

Pros

• makes my hair soft
  • gives u this kind of glow on your face

Cons

• got bigger and painful acne
  • broke me out specially on my back
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I don't recommend this product as it caused further breakouts for myself and many other users.

Pros

• healthy for you
  • improves mood

Cons

• doesnt help acne much
  • seemed to have caused more acne
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.