Page 2 of Fish Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 225 reviews

MY history w/fish oil tablets
Reviewed on July 11, 2013

In 2010 I had a massive breakout on my forehead and cheeks. So, off to the doctors I went who gave me Zineryt solution and Tetracycline (I think). The solution worked but the tablets I don't think had an effect. I finished my course with the tabs and instead I came off them not wanting to depend on acne tablets all my life and started taking fish oil tablets (after stalking this site and mostly positive reviews about it). At first I took 500mg and then slowly went higher to ~1000mg and took them religiously in the morning. It took around 4 months but after that I had the clearest skin I have ever had. So they definitely helped me clear my skin and stay clear for around 1.5-2years. I took them on and off I think. Can't remember exactly.

HOWEVER, in 2012 I lowered my fish oil tab dose and decided to take a skin hair and nail tablets which was the worst decision I have ever made as after 4-5 months I had a MASSIVE breakout and experienced the most terrible and painful acne EVER. It cleared up after 3-4months and I had okay but spot prone skin.

Now, 2013 I am still on my fish oil tabs but I am experiencing a horrible breakout, lower jaw, cheekbones and forehead areas. It sucks but I am now sticking to my fish oil tabs I now take 789mg every morning. Hopefully after 3-5 months I hope to see a change and reduction in my never ending cycle of acne.

Sorry about the huge timeline. Just want to help someone if I can.

BOTTOM LINE: If you find something works for you then "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Caused nodular/cystic acne for me
Reviewed on July 10, 2013

This was great for the overall look of my skin, the brightness and firmness, and for my hair. However, not long after taking it I started to get very red nodular/cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline, something I'd never had before. Not sure if it was the brand I was using or the amount I was taking (probably far too much, knocking the Omega 3-6-9 balance off). Since I've stopped (about 2 weeks), I've noticed the spots have gone down or away completely.

Great for health.. but never found it to have an effect on my acne.
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

Very high in Vitamin A and Omega-3 chain fatty acids... which means it's wonderful for your health in moderation.. but I never found it to benefit breakouts.

Helpful in reducing inflammed joints
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

I used this product while I was on my accutane course back in 2012. It really helped with my joints. Being on accutane all your body's natural oils stop producing. So yay joints in my knees and ankles really were inflammed and this helped a lot and took away a lot of pain.

Reviewed on May 13, 2013

I took fish oil capsules for a few days and it gave me cysts. I haven't had cysts for years, since last time I ate chocolate. Eating actual fish gives me no problems.

Reviewed on April 3, 2013

Everyone knows fish oil is a healthy supplement to take but I think it's overrated if someone says it can help acne,or mabye it does help other's skin , not mine.

Reviewed on March 31, 2013

I have taken fish oil for like 3 years - when my acne was more light / moderate, I felt this helped. However, I've developed more severe nodular acne and stopped taking fish oil as I need stronger meds. Bottom line: This will probably help your light acne and is worth trying, I don't think it's worth trying for Stage 3-4 acne.

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

totally helps with deeper acne. I still use the regimen but this helps even it out

Reviewed on February 4, 2013

Acne sufferers out there stop wasting your money on cosmo acne products, believe me I've been there. Cosmo anti acne-I've used loads of these stuff but it didn't work , I suffered severe acne for 6 years , yep acne took my life for 6 years, its like being in prison -cant go out, can't socialised, I was so depressed but now luckily I found this fish oil working to treat these horrible acne and it's effective, effortless, and more savings rather than buying Cosmo products... Use fish oil!

Reviewed on February 2, 2013

i been taking calamari pills called Nordic calamari omega 3. these pills work great!! 100% recommend

by Frank813 on 10/17/2013 07:47
Hi there! Quick question...why are the ones without oleic acid better? Does that have a negative effect on the skin?