Fish Oil

Recommended by 70% of visitors

Average price: $13.34

Most helpful review

By Laura, California on 11/30/2012

I researched fish oil online before I bought it and two brands seemed to work well for acne-prone people: Spring Valley and Sundown. Sundown contains soy, so I went with Spring Valley. I now have painful, inflamed acne all over my T-zone. I won’t be able to leave the house for a week! Keep the receipt in case fish oil doesn’t agree with you..

Pros:
  • Beneficial for overall health
  • Stronger, shinier hair & nails
  • Readily available in most stores
Cons:
  • Caused cystic acne

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

Acne sufferers out there stop wasting your money on cosmo acne products, believe me I've been there. Cosmo anti acne-I've used loads of these stuff but it didn't work , I suffered severe acne for 6 years , yep acne took my life for 6 years, its like being in prison -cant go out, can't socialised, I was so depressed but now luckily I found this fish oil working to treat these horrible acne and it's effective, effortless, and more savings rather than buying Cosmo products... Use fish oil!

Pros

• Regulates hormonal imbalance , more energetic, healthy skin, Zero acne, clear skin, oil free face skin

Cons

• 3-4g/day is recommend- I think it's most effective , overdosing can cause mood changes.
  • severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i been taking calamari pills called Nordic calamari omega 3. these pills work great!! 100% recommend

Pros

• clearer skin
  • healthy skin
  • postive mood

Cons

• none when taking the corect fish oil pill. make sure they dont contain oleic acid.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I definitly recommend them! It took about a week for them to start working, I've been takin them for about three weeks now and my face is completly clear. I still have to use acne cleansers and spot treatment, but if I don't skip any pills and continue taking good care of my skin. It's almost perfect! (: I use Spring Valley regular strength btw, and I take four a day.

Pros

• Clears up acne
  • Makes my skin soft and glowy

Cons

• None that makes it not worth taking
  • Slight fishy taste if you buy cheep pills, but taking them with food will help with that
  • severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Beneficial for overall health
  • Stronger, shinier hair & nails
  • Readily available in most stores

Cons

• Caused cystic acne
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been taking fish oil everyday for more than a year to keep depression at bay and I can say it works quite well.

Plus it reduces inflammation in the body so it can help acne.

Pros

• Proven to be effective against depression
  • Reduces inflammation

Cons

• None
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Fish oil is one of the many vitamins that i take that do not do much for my skin. This supplement actually breaks me skin out instead of helping clear it. I have noticed that whenever i take it i break out really bad along the jawline area. When i break out it is very deep and painful pimples that don't seem to go away regardless of how many acne products i use on it. I have heard that this vitamin does wonders for other people tho and i encourage everyone to at least try it if you want to find an acne supplement that is natural and healthy for you.

Pros

• Natural product

Cons

• Expensive depending on the brand
  • Fishy taste
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 12
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have moderate hormonal acne. I break out around my chin and jawline. I've been seeing a dermatologist for nearly a year. First I was put on Doxycycline. When my acne didn't respond to that after three months, my dermatologist added Ziana to my regimen. Four months later and no improvements, I was put on Solodyn and Benzaclin instead. Nothing was working! She decided to fight hormones with hormones, and I was prescribed Ortho Tri Cyclen to take along with the Solodyn. A few months later, still no results. I started taking 1000mg fish oil capsules (Nature Made) twice a day. After two weeks, I noticed definite improvement. My skin was clearer and brighter (though not COMPLETELY clear), and I was also in a better mood. I was able to sleep better at night, and woke up feeling refreshed and alert instead of pressing the snooze button 4 times. After about a month using the fish oil, my skin is 99% clear. I get a small breakout around my period, but nothing like how it used to be. Fish oil. Who knew?

Pros

• Assisted in clearing skin
  • Treated hormonal acne
  • Relatively inexpensive
  • Effective
  • Overall beneficial
  • Improves mood
  • Wake up alert instead of tired

Cons

• Make sure you buy a coated capsule/tablet or else you will have some fishy breath!
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 12
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It did not help me in any way. I ended up getting more acne than before. I guess my skin didn't react well. :/

Pros

• None that I can think of

Cons

• Broke out like crazy
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 12
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I FULLY recommend fish oil as a dietary supplement for all walks of life. I did a ton of research on it before I took the supplement (like any other supplement I take), and found I could only benefit from it. I have been taking fish oil daily (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) for about five weeks now and my skin has never been smoother and silkier. I had very light to light acne before, but now it is honestly not even a factor. I feel 100x better now that I'm taking it, my memory is way better, and it even puts me in a better mood.

THINGS TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING:

FDA approves the company for scanning their fish for safe mercury levels

1000mg of Omega-3 (in the Americas we already have enough Omega-6 and 9 in our diets that we don't need all three)

180mg of EPA

120mg of DHA

Enteric coated (no fish burps! As it dissolves after it gets past your stomach.)

Pros

• Brought me from 95% clear to 100% clear!
  • Inexpensive
  • A whole HOST of additional health benefits
  • Puts me in a good mood

Cons

• Takes 4-6 weeks to see results
  • 3 pills a day (the 3-in-1 pills are HUGE!)
  • very light
  • for about a month
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I read all the reviews on here before purchasing the fish oil, I kept in mind all the negative reviews of the Fish oil, while i made the decision to test this out, and to my surprise noticed constant sneezing and watery eyes within 30 minutes of taking the fish oil, it lasted for 6 hours . The sneezing went away around 9:00 pm, I took another 2 pills around 10:00 pm, ( just to see if i had another episode) 30 minutes later the same story , sneezing and watery eyes. The next morning I wake up and look in the mirror and saw a major break out on my face, 30 white heads all over my face and some huge ones under my skin. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Made me break out with more acne.
  • Gave me an allergic reaction 30 minutes after taking 2 capsules, constant sneezing and watery eyes with nasal drip.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 12
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.