Finacea Azelaic Acid (15%) Gel reviews

Brand: Finacea

Active ingredient:
Azelaic Acid (15%).

Inactive ingredients:
Benzoic Acid, Edetate Disodium, 1,2-Diarachidoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Polyacrylic Acid (250000 mw), Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

On the Road to recovery
Reviewed on March 16, 2014

If you are like me you have horrible acne caused by various factors. for me nothing works better than tackling the problem from inside and out! With that being said Finacea is only one of the 3 things I do to clear up my skin but this medication really works. Coming from someone that has been through it all. It's just magic! I love it and I am so happy I was prescribed this product!

fades hyper-pigmentaion left by acne!
Reviewed on December 22, 2013

finacea 15% gel works good on acne it makes pimples come to its head then they pop on there own.

but i have notice that this topical is AMAZING at fading my hyper-pigmentation left by my acne.

also it is very expensive if you have no insurance.

Very good product!
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

This product was amazing. I used it for quite a long time (mid-2008 to summer of 2010) and while it was for rosacea, it combatted my acne better than any other product. Unfortunately, it is a bit expensive as well as a prescription, and preserving the medication takes a bit of effort because it is sensitive to temperatures and needs to be kept chilled. This was not practical for my life longterm, but I have yet to find a product that works better.

Happy with it, will continue. Need to take extra stuff though
Reviewed on July 30, 2013

I hope this will be helpful to someone, I will try to be short:

I have PCOS and have had acne for... 7 or 8 years now D: I've taken Roaccutane, birth control pills, tried all sorts of creams.

Right now I'm still taking birth control pills but I'm quitting in a few days. I don't want to depend on them for the rest of my life, plus, they never cleared my face completely. I started using Finacea about a month ago, and at the same time I started taking zinc, chromium, and primrose oil. Even though my face gets kind of oily, especially now that it's summer, I have no blackheads and no pimples whatsoever, I'm really really happy right now, I hope I can keep things this way. After I quit the pills I plan on taking DIM and maybe licorice extract, or some sort of anti-androgen. Also, I drink lots and lots of tea! Green tea and spearmint tea are great.

Working well so far
Reviewed on July 21, 2013

I have only used this cream for about 4 days (just at night), but already I can see it working!

I was really worried that it would exacerbate my redness from rosacea, but it really didn't. I didn't experience any burning, just some itching around where I have pimples.

I now have a few big pimples on my cheeks, but from what I've read, these should go away as my skin adjusts to the Finacea. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I kind of feel like they're the last few that the Finacea is purging my skin of.

I have extremely fair skin, and any pimples that I have (whether I pop them or not) leave bright red or pink marks. Subsequently, my face looks red all the time, which isn't helped by my rosacea. In fact, the hyperpigmentation makes the rosacea look a lot worse. As I said, I've only been using this cream for about 4 nights, but already I can see the marks fading!

It also seems to be helping to limit my flushing from rosacea - although I have just cut back from two 50mg minocycline tablets a day to one (and some people find this medication to cause flushing, so it could be this that's helping rather than the Finacea).

At night, after I wash with Cetaphil, I leave my skin for about 5 minutes. Then I dab little dots of the Finacea all over my face and gently rub it in. Then I leave it for another 5 minutes before putting Cetaphil moisturising lotion over the top. This system seems to be working well.

I would definitely recommend giving this product a try - I am so sick of these pimples and red marks!

Best product for mild rosacea and hormonal acne
Reviewed on July 20, 2013

I've struggled with my skin ever since I began having serious outbreaks in my mid-20s. I used isotrexin for three years with moderate success, but I noticed increasing general redness, particularly in my cheeks and was getting new broken capillaries at an alarming rate. I changed to finacea just two weeks ago and the redness is already nearly gone. There have been no new broken capillaries, and it has also been very effective in controlling my mild hormonal acne. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has the combination of sensitive skin/mild rosacea with some hormonal acne. My skin has become very smooth and clear, and I can't wait to see any continued improvement over the next months.

Reviewed on May 11, 2013

I'm sensitive to Benzoyl Peroxide and so it was great to find an alternative active component - Azelaic Acid. I used this for a few months and it was much less irritating on my skin than the Epiduo that I had been using. However, I found it to be slightly less effective in controlling acne - although I've read other people say you need to use it for several months to get the full effect.

Reviewed on March 14, 2013

I love this stuff! After trying many, many things for my red dark pitted acne scars and cysts this has made all the difference! I did see results overnight but it doesn't "clear" your face overnight if you have acne like mine. I am pale and this stuff looks very good on my skin. It has a matte finish and it reduces the redness. I have been using this product for a month now and have seen great results! I still have a ways to go but this cream has worked great! This cream does burn. It really burned when I first tried it. I had to keep using it though because I loved it so much. My skin got used to it after a few weeks and I am so glad I kept with it. I recommend 10-15 minutes after application putting on a moisturizer to ensure your face doesn't burn. I believe I dried my face out which caused the burning. I highly recommend everyone try this! Give it at least a month and I believe you'll like the results. Can't wait for this stuff to clear my face!

Reviewed on January 13, 2013

This applied twice a day, as well as differin and nicotinamide oral, has cleared my skin 99% (27 year old male). Give that regimen a try. Took about 3 months or so, but I'm finally happy again.

Reviewed on December 13, 2012

I have never had "bad" skin but for years I have suffered from hormonal zits. Every month (2x month) I would get a 1-2 of those blind cystic zits on my chin or around the mouth. They would pop up suddenly and between the swelling/residual redness would wreak havoc on my face anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. It felt like every time I finally had clear skin another would be waiting to attack. I tried everything- proactive, BP,salicylic acid, sulfur, zinc, omega 3s but they were unavoidable. I avoided the derm for years because I went on Tazorac back in HS and it made my skin explode. Finally, now, at the age of 25 I went back to the derm with the intention of asking for spironolacutone but instead she prescribed Finacea and WOW.

From day 1 my skin had a matte finish after applying. I used to have to wash my face midday but after using Finacea my once overly oily skin was not longer an oil slick by 2pm. Redness was also drastically reduced! I am a fair-skinned girl so I would have red marks from previous zits last for weeks on my face, since using Finacea I have had a porcelain -like complexion that is soft/smooth to the touch! I am not saying it is necessarily a magic cream- I still get a pimple here and there- but they are drastically smaller and easier to manage. If I see a blind pimple forming I dap a pea sized amount on the little devil and by the morning any forming bump is almost flat and all redness is kaput! Further, I have found that the Finacea brings some of the crud in your pores to the surface so they can be extracted easily without any zit appearing.

I found the negatives of this cream to be so minor I am not even sure they are worth mentioning! I get some occasional dryness that can be rid with exfoliation and moisturizer Also, if I apply to much cream my skin will itch. Also, the cream is expensive. It is about $50.00 for a tube that will last 2-3 months when used 2x daily. If you are a women in her 20’s with hormonal acne TRY IT! I