Finacea Azelaic Acid (15%) Gel reviews

Brand: Finacea

Active ingredient:
Azelaic Acid (15%).

Inactive ingredients:
Benzoic Acid, Edetate Disodium, 1,2-Diarachidoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Polyacrylic Acid (250000 mw), Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Excellent topical for morning use.
Reviewed on June 18, 2014

I have used Finacea as part of my morning regimen for about a year. I love it!! My breakouts clear much more quickly, it smooths out my skin tone, and eases redness from current breakouts. One of my favorite parts--it wears fantastically under makeup! Other topicals I have used in the morning look greasy, cause peeling, or make my make up look just plain gross. But I have found that finacea works somewhat like a makeup primer as far as smoothing out skin and giving a good canvas for foundation application, it controls oiliness due to its matte finish, and it fights acne at the same time so its a win-win in my book. Even after a year of use, my face does sometimes itch for a few minutes after application, but it is very bearable and worth it. That is the only side effect--no peeling, red, raw feeling skin like some of the harsher topicals cause. I have found that it works best on the smaller pimples and does not do too much for cysts. However, I generally have many small pimples and only 1-2 cysts a month that clear somewhat quickly, so it is a great product for me. I have very problematic skin and moderate acne, so even though it has not completely cleared my skin or anything, I am very pleased with the results and would hate to see my skin without it!

Just started...
Reviewed on April 26, 2014

I applied the first dose of Finacea last evening. There was a very slight itching, but nothing more. I just applied the second dose this morning, with almost no itching. Im excited about the future results from using this product.

On the Road to recovery
Reviewed on March 16, 2014

If you are like me you have horrible acne caused by various factors. for me nothing works better than tackling the problem from inside and out! With that being said Finacea is only one of the 3 things I do to clear up my skin but this medication really works. Coming from someone that has been through it all. It's just magic! I love it and I am so happy I was prescribed this product!

fades hyper-pigmentaion left by acne!
Reviewed on December 22, 2013

finacea 15% gel works good on acne it makes pimples come to its head then they pop on there own.

but i have notice that this topical is AMAZING at fading my hyper-pigmentation left by my acne.

also it is very expensive if you have no insurance.

Very good product!
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

This product was amazing. I used it for quite a long time (mid-2008 to summer of 2010) and while it was for rosacea, it combatted my acne better than any other product. Unfortunately, it is a bit expensive as well as a prescription, and preserving the medication takes a bit of effort because it is sensitive to temperatures and needs to be kept chilled. This was not practical for my life longterm, but I have yet to find a product that works better.

by kbattgirl on 06/22/2014 18:34
FYI: i am holding a box of Finacea in my hands right now and on the back of the box it says, Store at 25 degrees C (77 degrees F). This is room temperature. This medication does not have to be chilled.
Happy with it, will continue. Need to take extra stuff though
Reviewed on July 30, 2013

I hope this will be helpful to someone, I will try to be short:

I have PCOS and have had acne for... 7 or 8 years now D: I've taken Roaccutane, birth control pills, tried all sorts of creams.

Right now I'm still taking birth control pills but I'm quitting in a few days. I don't want to depend on them for the rest of my life, plus, they never cleared my face completely. I started using Finacea about a month ago, and at the same time I started taking zinc, chromium, and primrose oil. Even though my face gets kind of oily, especially now that it's summer, I have no blackheads and no pimples whatsoever, I'm really really happy right now, I hope I can keep things this way. After I quit the pills I plan on taking DIM and maybe licorice extract, or some sort of anti-androgen. Also, I drink lots and lots of tea! Green tea and spearmint tea are great.

Working well so far
Reviewed on July 21, 2013

I have only used this cream for about 4 days (just at night), but already I can see it working!

I was really worried that it would exacerbate my redness from rosacea, but it really didn't. I didn't experience any burning, just some itching around where I have pimples.

I now have a few big pimples on my cheeks, but from what I've read, these should go away as my skin adjusts to the Finacea. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I kind of feel like they're the last few that the Finacea is purging my skin of.

I have extremely fair skin, and any pimples that I have (whether I pop them or not) leave bright red or pink marks. Subsequently, my face looks red all the time, which isn't helped by my rosacea. In fact, the hyperpigmentation makes the rosacea look a lot worse. As I said, I've only been using this cream for about 4 nights, but already I can see the marks fading!

It also seems to be helping to limit my flushing from rosacea - although I have just cut back from two 50mg minocycline tablets a day to one (and some people find this medication to cause flushing, so it could be this that's helping rather than the Finacea).

At night, after I wash with Cetaphil, I leave my skin for about 5 minutes. Then I dab little dots of the Finacea all over my face and gently rub it in. Then I leave it for another 5 minutes before putting Cetaphil moisturising lotion over the top. This system seems to be working well.

I would definitely recommend giving this product a try - I am so sick of these pimples and red marks!

Best product for mild rosacea and hormonal acne
Reviewed on July 20, 2013

I've struggled with my skin ever since I began having serious outbreaks in my mid-20s. I used isotrexin for three years with moderate success, but I noticed increasing general redness, particularly in my cheeks and was getting new broken capillaries at an alarming rate. I changed to finacea just two weeks ago and the redness is already nearly gone. There have been no new broken capillaries, and it has also been very effective in controlling my mild hormonal acne. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has the combination of sensitive skin/mild rosacea with some hormonal acne. My skin has become very smooth and clear, and I can't wait to see any continued improvement over the next months.

Reviewed on May 11, 2013

I'm sensitive to Benzoyl Peroxide and so it was great to find an alternative active component - Azelaic Acid. I used this for a few months and it was much less irritating on my skin than the Epiduo that I had been using. However, I found it to be slightly less effective in controlling acne - although I've read other people say you need to use it for several months to get the full effect.

Reviewed on March 14, 2013

I love this stuff! After trying many, many things for my red dark pitted acne scars and cysts this has made all the difference! I did see results overnight but it doesn't "clear" your face overnight if you have acne like mine. I am pale and this stuff looks very good on my skin. It has a matte finish and it reduces the redness. I have been using this product for a month now and have seen great results! I still have a ways to go but this cream has worked great! This cream does burn. It really burned when I first tried it. I had to keep using it though because I loved it so much. My skin got used to it after a few weeks and I am so glad I kept with it. I recommend 10-15 minutes after application putting on a moisturizer to ensure your face doesn't burn. I believe I dried my face out which caused the burning. I highly recommend everyone try this! Give it at least a month and I believe you'll like the results. Can't wait for this stuff to clear my face!