Finacea Azelaic Acid (15%) Gel reviews

Brand: Finacea

Active ingredient:
Azelaic Acid (15%).

Inactive ingredients:
Benzoic Acid, Edetate Disodium, 1,2-Diarachidoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Polyacrylic Acid (250000 mw), Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Water.

Actually Works
Reviewed on October 28, 2016

I have been prescribed this 2 weeks ago for my acne and hyperpigmentation. My skin has honestly improved so so much. I apply it twice a day and i have not stinging or flaking, maybe I am lucky. From the start of using this I have had no new breakouts and my scars are fading. I think you should give it a go!!

Causing redness and breakouts?
Reviewed on April 13, 2016

Azelaic Acid Gel- Finacea- Been using for about 2 weeks and redness has become worst and now I have a few good-sized isolated red inflamed pimples on my forehead and a cluster of red pimples as well, where I don't usually get acne. Started to break out on my cheek. The acne on my jaw went down a bit though which may have been hormonal? However, the cystic acne was on its way out though before finecea. It also itches like CRAZY after putting on so obviously avoid anywhere near eyes. I can't really speak to this improving my skin. I went from mild to moderate acne to now diffuse pimples and have to wear make-up to counteract the redness and discoloration. I don't know if this is the purging phase, as I really want it to work. Does anyone know how long this will last?

L O V E
Reviewed on April 7, 2016

Magic cream!! I completely love this stuff, clears redness and improves texture of skin after one use, have been using this for months and will continue doing so, definitely recommend!

Terrible initial breakout
Reviewed on April 5, 2016

I'm really not a fan of this stuff. I'm typically impatient, but ever since I've been using this I've had persistent spots that simply wont go away, and new painful cysts sprout up all over my cheeks. I think if you have sensitive skin do not use this stuff. Its only been a week but I'm not keen on continuing because i have a life to live!

Not sure
Reviewed on January 25, 2016

Update 3/27/16: still working well. I am still breaking out but definitely not as much. Some red marks on my chin have faded but I still have a couple darker ones that haven't improved at all. I have one under the skin pimple that has been there for 3 months and hasn't budged, I've never had one like this before. You can't see it but I can feel it under the skin. I would still recommend. Hopefully will see more improvement soon and will update at the 4 month mark.

Update 2/25/16: amazing results. No longer breaking out as much. Maybe 1 small pimple a week that goes away in 1-2 days. Haven't really noticed a difference in red marks, maybe a little lighter. Texture of my skin is amazing now. Highly recommend. Will update again at 3 month mark

I've been using this for 4 weeks so far. I have maybe 3-4 active pimples right now and then a lot of red marks on my chin. I was hoping to have better results by now but I know it takes time. The active pimples are new since I've been using this so I'm not sure if this is causing the breakouts. No change in red marks. The first 2 weeks or so it caused a lot of stinging but now that has died down. My skin was also extremely flakey and dry and no amount of moisturizer was fixing it. It looked horrible whenever I wore make up. I added cerave hydrating cleanser 3 days ago and no longer dry. Let's hope that doesn't cause even more breakouts! I will update again in another month.

Works for me in combination with Retin-A
Reviewed on February 25, 2016

I started using Finacea while I was pregnant because I was having terrible breakouts and couldn't use the acne medications I was on prior to pregnancy. It definitely helped, even with crazy pregnancy hormones throwing my skin completely out of whack. My skin still wasn't perfect though, so after I finished breastfeeding, I added Retin-A to my routine. My skin has been 90-95% clear since. I have been using both for a year and a half now. I use Retin-A at night and Finacea in the morning.

Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits!
Reviewed on February 10, 2016

I started using Finacea last night and a HUGE patch of hyper-pigmentation has pretty dramatically toned down. It has amazing ant-inflammatory properties AND is an anti-bacterial. It will itch at first, but it has not flaked/irritated my horribly sensitive skin. In fact, after I apply it my skin calms down in minutes. If you are worried about buying a whole bottle's worth of this stuff, ask you derm for samples! That's what I did, and I'm hooked! I also want to mention that tretenoin (.025%) destroys my skin, causes inflamed purging, and even makes me red. This is what I will use now, and only use the retinol once or twice a week.

Good!
Reviewed on December 30, 2015

I have had mild acne since I was 11 years old (I'm now 17 years old), and that has ruined so much for me, even though it isn't "that bad" - small bumps and pimples on my forehead and blackheads on my nose and chin. Until August 2014 I lived on the countryside where the air was fresh and not as polluted as it is in a city, and when I moved to a city, my skin reacted immediately. Before the move my skin type was normal to dry, which was way easier to cope with than the oily skin that I now have. I think it has something to do with the polluted air, because when I go back to the countryside it always gets better. Anyway, I got Finacea prescribed for me four months ago and I can definitely say that it has made a difference. Almost all the pimples and bumps on my forehead are gone! Still not completely smooth and clear, somehow, but I'm very pleased with the results. The blackheads are still there on my nose and chin, though. The doctor who prescribed it for me suggested that I should use it until September this year, so maybe the skin on my forehead will look even clearer then.

It took me a while to figure out how to use it, though - for the first two months I just washed my face with water before I put the gel on (I thought washing it with a cleanser would be too harsh for my skin), and that didn't do much, but then I started washing it with a cleanser instead and I think that is what made the difference. It is a little harsh, but it's okay.

However, it makes my skin very dry and sometimes even a little itchy, if I use it in the morning and before I go to bed every day for more than one week. I have tried to put on more moisturizer and I have tried taking short breaks from it, but the moisturizer that I'm currently using doesn't seem to make a difference and in that short time of the break I will get bumps and pimples, and that worries me a bit, thinking about when I will stop using the gel entirely, but I will talk to my doctor about that next time I have an appointment.

I will change the cleanser and see what happens.

My Last Hope
Reviewed on October 21, 2015

So I started using Finacea last night after I stopped using Clingadel, which I was using for the past couple months but didn't really see any results. Now started using finacea gel, I hope my clears my acne up because I have been struggling with acne since I was 16, now am 22. I been through so many topical, antibiotics, and even two round of accutane, and nothing seems to keep my acne at bay. I just hope this will be the one that clears my acne once and for all!!!

Very good both for acne and acne-derived scars/hyperpigmentation
Reviewed on September 5, 2015

On its own is not enough to cure acne, but as a complementary treatment either for acne or acne scars is very good and not-irritating. In one month you'll see a clear difference. It is the only treatment by prescription I use on my skin and I am acne-free. Give it a try!