Page 4 of Erythromycin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.6/5 - 201 reviews

Brand: Erythromycin

Erythromycin Product Pictured:
250 mg of Erythromycin Base.

Lactose NF, povidone USP, FD&C Yellow #6 and other ingredients. The capsule shell contains gelatin NF, titanium dioxide USP, FD&C Yellow #6.

Reviewed on January 31, 2012

I loved it, after around a year some pimples came back but it was way better than what i had before, this can cause you to lose weight for some people thats a plus, but the stomach cramps sucked.

Reviewed on January 18, 2012

I think my acne became resistant to the antibiotic. while I was on it I still broke out. Don't be disheartened, it may work for you, it just wasn't for me.

Reviewed on January 6, 2012

My derm gave me zenyrit which is a topical erythromycin and zinc solution. this product works amazingly, the only downfall is that because it's an antibiotic the skin develops resistance to it and it will stop being as effective after 6 months of consecutive use.

other than the resistance issue this really is an amazing product and works MUCH better than epiduo.

When combined with benzyol peroxide this is a miracle cure...but again like many other things its only temporary

Reviewed on January 4, 2012

Loved it, before it wore off. It works fantastically though!

Reviewed on December 28, 2011

After using the topical gel for a month, I still have breakouts, but they are much smaller and less painful. My face is by no means clear, but it looks about 50% clearer. This is a great product to try after you have tried everything OTC. Stick with it and you will see results. Still a little worried it will stop working eventually due to bacterial resistance.

by sweta706 on 11/18/2013 11:03
hey can i take erythromycin estolate 250 mg twice daily to clear closed comedones
Reviewed on November 21, 2011

I am having erythromysinc 500 MG twice a day for three months now, and only from this month I had been noticing that the redness had gone from my face. However it didnt stop new cests (BIG ONES!) from growing on my facing. The only reason I am using it is that I have no choice since I want to get pregnant too and my doctor recommended it over the tetracycline and acutane since it can be used while you are trying to be pregnant. For all the people who had good results from this medicine, good for you! but for me I am still waiting to see my face again with no acne!

Reviewed on November 15, 2011

**NOTE** this review is for the GEL, not the oral tablets.

Luckily, it didn't dry me out or make my skin flaky like it did to some people. But, after a month I am barely seeing any improvement anymore, I am still breaking out ...although it does help for pimples that are just popped, like a spot treatment. Make them turn to a scab and flake off faster. But i need something to help prevent pimples form forming, which this does nothing for!

Reviewed on November 13, 2011

This worked. It is the first and only thing I've tried that cleared my skin completely, 100%. It was amazing. I was afraid to take it because I'd heard it was particularly rough on the digestive system, but after a month I've had no discernible side effects. Amazing! So glad I tried it.

Reviewed on October 5, 2011

Worked. Plain and simple. I only plan to use it for another week. I had been given a 4 week course, thankfully I will not need it.

I used it in conjunction with adapalene 0.3% (brand name: differin) -- which made the results even better. Adapalene works well generally, but when a bad acne outbreak occurs, it can find its self out of its depth, which is where Erythromycin pills gave a helping hand.

Just be clear: it's a 5/5 in effectiveness, but that rating is reduced in 4/5 when the -harsh- side effects are taken into account.

Reviewed on September 6, 2011

Really quick results and i'm showing no signs of side effects so I suppose its just in the person who is taking it as we are all different. Brilliant.