Page 3 of Erythromycin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.6/5 - 195 reviews

250 mg of Erythromycin Base.

Lactose NF, povidone USP, FD&C Yellow #6 and other ingredients. The capsule shell contains gelatin NF, titanium dioxide USP, FD&C Yellow #6.

Reviewed on May 4, 2012

My acne is not the sort that covers large areas of my face but I do suffer from very large and very deep cystic spots. Given the size, pain and regularity of these I have listed my acne as 'moderately severe'

Having used Erythromycin and Differin for just over four months, I am disappointed to say that my acne has not improved at all. In the first week of using these two treatments my skin cleared spectacularly, however, given the speed at which this happened I believe that this 'clear period' was merely coincidental.

I have had numerous periods where my skin has been clear, however, this was also the case whilst using my previous treatment (Lymecycline tablets) so in that respect Erythromycin has brought about little improvement. These periods of clear skin would rarely last longer than two or three days and I would estimate that throughout the four months of me using these treatments, I have, in total, had clear skin for less that two weeks.

Reviewed on April 11, 2012

It works amazingly and i could see a difference in a few applications. Its probably better to take the tablets after having a meal because it absorbs better. Its good thought because got the tablets FREE because i got it from a prescription from my doctor. It is a good antibiotic because im not even a teenager yet.

Reviewed on April 6, 2012

Used this with differin cream. After 3 days no new acne came. Skin is clearing up! Loving it.

Reviewed on February 23, 2012

I see people complainign about cramps and all that, just use the topical kind. Youll have more control and it stil lworks relaly well. It may get off to a slow start, but dman once it does start, this stuff is magic in a bottle for your acne. Any knid...maybe not cystic or blackheads...but yes, this is the product.

For short term use....

unfortuuneatley, it stops worknig after some months.

Reviewed on January 31, 2012

I loved it, after around a year some pimples came back but it was way better than what i had before, this can cause you to lose weight for some people thats a plus, but the stomach cramps sucked.

Reviewed on January 18, 2012

I think my acne became resistant to the antibiotic. while I was on it I still broke out. Don't be disheartened, it may work for you, it just wasn't for me.

Reviewed on January 6, 2012

My derm gave me zenyrit which is a topical erythromycin and zinc solution. this product works amazingly, the only downfall is that because it's an antibiotic the skin develops resistance to it and it will stop being as effective after 6 months of consecutive use.

other than the resistance issue this really is an amazing product and works MUCH better than epiduo.

When combined with benzyol peroxide this is a miracle cure...but again like many other things its only temporary

Reviewed on January 4, 2012

Loved it, before it wore off. It works fantastically though!

Reviewed on December 28, 2011

After using the topical gel for a month, I still have breakouts, but they are much smaller and less painful. My face is by no means clear, but it looks about 50% clearer. This is a great product to try after you have tried everything OTC. Stick with it and you will see results. Still a little worried it will stop working eventually due to bacterial resistance.

by sweta706 on 11/18/2013 11:03
hey can i take erythromycin estolate 250 mg twice daily to clear closed comedones
Reviewed on November 21, 2011

I am having erythromysinc 500 MG twice a day for three months now, and only from this month I had been noticing that the redness had gone from my face. However it didnt stop new cests (BIG ONES!) from growing on my facing. The only reason I am using it is that I have no choice since I want to get pregnant too and my doctor recommended it over the tetracycline and acutane since it can be used while you are trying to be pregnant. For all the people who had good results from this medicine, good for you! but for me I am still waiting to see my face again with no acne!