Page 2 of Erythromycin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.6/5 - 198 reviews

250 mg of Erythromycin Base.

Lactose NF, povidone USP, FD&C Yellow #6 and other ingredients. The capsule shell contains gelatin NF, titanium dioxide USP, FD&C Yellow #6.

Damaged my insides and still have acne.
Reviewed on March 12, 2014

Didn't work for me before accutane and didn't work for me after accutane.

The only thing this does for me is give me stomach cramps and makes me nauseous.

It works ok l, but not amazing
Reviewed on March 3, 2014

I have seen a slight improvement but not enough to even recommended this product. I'm also using duac (a prescribed topical treatment) so that could be where the improvement is coming from. I was on 4 a day for the first 2 weeks and got the most intense hunger pangs, but they've since subsided. I've been using this product for over a month.

Didn't do anything
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

Generally didn't work, i was on it for a l o n g time hoping that it would start working but it made no difference whatsoever. Gd luck!

Limited effect
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I have been taking the pills for 3½ months, first month 250 mg a day and afterwards 2 x 250 mg a day.. I think it helped a bit, but just a VERY little bit - no big difference. I have wasted a lot of time using this product, unfortunately, and finally I have got accutane prescribed. I wish the best for everyone who is using Erythromycin.

perfect for few months
Reviewed on August 18, 2013

it helped me from very bad acne really well, took 3 montha to complete clear now i after year i have acne back, but much smaller, erythromycin does not work anymore

Worked great for about 3 months
Reviewed on August 10, 2013

After about 6 days of taking 333 MG twice daily, my face was completely clear. All active acne literally shrank away and disappeared. After about 3 weeks, I got about 1 or 2 pimples a week. This was after having about 5 new pimples a day, so this was still a huge improvement. After about 3 months it had lost about 50% of its effectiveness.

Good but not a long term soloution
Reviewed on July 22, 2013

I was oral Erythromycin for about six months, it did really help my acne. I maybe got a couple of spots now and then while on it but still had the redness around my t-zone. It did help but when i was on my fifth month it began lose affect and i started to break out quite badly.

Reviewed on January 8, 2013

They did the job accept the fact it doesn't get rid of it completely just the majority Ive been on and off them for nearly four years and it only clears them up a lot not totally away though.

Reviewed on September 17, 2012

I was prescribed 250 mg pills to take day and night. It took around two weeks to see results but I stopped breaking out around 1 month after taking them consistently. I finished one full course and was completely clear, then after 7 months I began to break out again. I decided to do another course (one course is three weeks) and the effects lasted for a month. When I started to break out again I decided that I cannot take any gaps and began taking them everyday. I'm still breaking out but its not as bad as it was prior to taking these pills so I will continue to do so. Alongside this I used Retin A at night and Dalacin T (Topical cream and liquid) for the first couple of months, which really helped in fading scars. But that is a thing of the past... since I have been breaking out more consistently. These pills did help though... even if it was just for a short period of time and anyone who has acne knows that even if the affects are temporary, clear skin is always a blessing that cannot be quantified. I just wanted to add that I think I see a pattern now in how I break out... a week before that time of the month. So I know my acne is hormonal... I read about how spironolactone can help balance hormones so I am taking that now in conjunction with erythro. It's been about a week but I'm hoping from the depths of my heart that this will eliminate these severe breakouts. Wish me luck, I'm sending out my best wishes to all the acne-sufferers out there.

Reviewed on July 27, 2012

Tried it for a few months, did absolutely nothing. I didn't see an improvement nor did my acne get worse. I only applied at night and by the morning i would see a ton of flakes on my skin of where it had rubbed off during the night from tossing and turning. Luckily my insurance had covered the entire thing so I didn't waste any money on it.