Page 2 of Erythromycin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.6/5 - 201 reviews

Erythromycin Product Pictured:
250 mg of Erythromycin Base.

Lactose NF, povidone USP, FD&C Yellow #6 and other ingredients. The capsule shell contains gelatin NF, titanium dioxide USP, FD&C Yellow #6.

Definitely not worth trying
Reviewed on May 14, 2014

It made me feel dizzy and doesn't do anything about my acne. My suggestion is to stay away from antibiotics as much as possible because the side effects is damaging and your acne can develop resistance to it.

Effects wear off after time.
Reviewed on May 8, 2014

This did work really well for me but the effects of the antibiotic slowly wore off and after a while my acne came back with a vengeance. It's great when you first start on it but the clear skin is short-lived so it's pointless.

Did Nothing For Me.
Reviewed on March 17, 2014

I was prescribed erythromycin and it basically did nothing, It was a while ago so I can't say if it made it worse but I definitely didn't see an improvement. I used it for a few months before stopping, in that time I could have been trying something effective.

Damaged my insides and still have acne.
Reviewed on March 12, 2014

Didn't work for me before accutane and didn't work for me after accutane.

The only thing this does for me is give me stomach cramps and makes me nauseous.

It works ok l, but not amazing
Reviewed on March 3, 2014

I have seen a slight improvement but not enough to even recommended this product. I'm also using duac (a prescribed topical treatment) so that could be where the improvement is coming from. I was on 4 a day for the first 2 weeks and got the most intense hunger pangs, but they've since subsided. I've been using this product for over a month.

Didn't do anything
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

Generally didn't work, i was on it for a l o n g time hoping that it would start working but it made no difference whatsoever. Gd luck!

Limited effect
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I have been taking the pills for 3½ months, first month 250 mg a day and afterwards 2 x 250 mg a day.. I think it helped a bit, but just a VERY little bit - no big difference. I have wasted a lot of time using this product, unfortunately, and finally I have got accutane prescribed. I wish the best for everyone who is using Erythromycin.

perfect for few months
Reviewed on August 18, 2013

it helped me from very bad acne really well, took 3 montha to complete clear now i after year i have acne back, but much smaller, erythromycin does not work anymore

Worked great for about 3 months
Reviewed on August 10, 2013

After about 6 days of taking 333 MG twice daily, my face was completely clear. All active acne literally shrank away and disappeared. After about 3 weeks, I got about 1 or 2 pimples a week. This was after having about 5 new pimples a day, so this was still a huge improvement. After about 3 months it had lost about 50% of its effectiveness.

Good but not a long term soloution
Reviewed on July 22, 2013

I was oral Erythromycin for about six months, it did really help my acne. I maybe got a couple of spots now and then while on it but still had the redness around my t-zone. It did help but when i was on my fifth month it began lose affect and i started to break out quite badly.