Page 4 of Erythromycin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.6/5 - 195 reviews

250 mg of Erythromycin Base.

Lactose NF, povidone USP, FD&C Yellow #6 and other ingredients. The capsule shell contains gelatin NF, titanium dioxide USP, FD&C Yellow #6.

Reviewed on November 15, 2011

**NOTE** this review is for the GEL, not the oral tablets.

Luckily, it didn't dry me out or make my skin flaky like it did to some people. But, after a month I am barely seeing any improvement anymore, I am still breaking out ...although it does help for pimples that are just popped, like a spot treatment. Make them turn to a scab and flake off faster. But i need something to help prevent pimples form forming, which this does nothing for!

Reviewed on November 13, 2011

This worked. It is the first and only thing I've tried that cleared my skin completely, 100%. It was amazing. I was afraid to take it because I'd heard it was particularly rough on the digestive system, but after a month I've had no discernible side effects. Amazing! So glad I tried it.

Reviewed on October 5, 2011

Worked. Plain and simple. I only plan to use it for another week. I had been given a 4 week course, thankfully I will not need it.

I used it in conjunction with adapalene 0.3% (brand name: differin) -- which made the results even better. Adapalene works well generally, but when a bad acne outbreak occurs, it can find its self out of its depth, which is where Erythromycin pills gave a helping hand.

Just be clear: it's a 5/5 in effectiveness, but that rating is reduced in 4/5 when the -harsh- side effects are taken into account.

Reviewed on September 6, 2011

Really quick results and i'm showing no signs of side effects so I suppose its just in the person who is taking it as we are all different. Brilliant.

Reviewed on August 24, 2011

I´m 25 years old male and I have never experienced any acne, except for pimple or two when in puberty.

Then suddenly at age of 25 I had most of my left face and forehead covered in acne. I was trying to control it by OTC products, but every one of them was completely useless, so finally I went to see a derm.

The doctor prescribed me Zineryt, which is topical antibiotic using Erythromycin. I applied it twice a day after washing my face. For a first few weeks, it seemed to just make big ones smaller. It was better but I was expecting more. I kept using it and voila, acne started to clear up in about 7th week and in 12 weeks the acne is gone.

Reviewed on August 13, 2011

So I'm a high school student and I barely have time in the morning to eat breakfast, so I would just take this pill with a glass of milk. About an hour later I would get these awful stomach pains in the middle of class. When I first started it, the pain was like, eh, I can deal, but it started getting worse and worse as each day progressed. I was very sad when I had to go off of this though, as it was the first and only thing that cleared up my acne entirely. My doctor said that very few people have such a bad reaction as I did.

Reviewed on July 31, 2011

I don't know why my GP gave me these tablets, because they're not the go-to for acne and there are much better drugs out there geared specifically for it. The oral form is erythromycin is basically something best avoided - possibly the worst drug out there, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. Apart from causing crippling stomach pain, hunger pangs, dizziness, heart racing and depression, it doesn't really do anything helpful. These are all symptoms that are apparently very common, so someone please tell me why has this medication has not been taken off the market?

Reviewed on June 13, 2011

Just use it 2 times a day and your acne will clear up! I use it after I shower in the morning then when I'm about to sleep. The only thing to worry about is not moving your face around to much or it will peel off. So no more funny YouTube videos for you!

Reviewed on June 3, 2011

I don't really like it i used benzaclin in the past and it worked wonders the dermo prescribed me enthro. because its the generic version but it never did, and it doesn't work no where near the same as benzaclin.

Reviewed on May 9, 2011

Well, I started taking it at around mid October, that is my when my skin began improving. By mid November of 2010 my face was completely cleared! Not a break out in site! So much that I started only applying it every once in a while when a single spot came out of nowhere (very tiny spot) but for the most part I was acne free for about 5 months until... until late March... they started appearing again... I smothered my entire face with the topical erythromycin gel hoping that my old friend would destroy them, but no, nothing but a little dryness... Bottom line is, enjoy the few months of clear skin, but know that it will eventually come to an end...