Page 2 of Erythromycin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.6/5 - 194 reviews

250 mg of Erythromycin Base.

Lactose NF, povidone USP, FD&C Yellow #6 and other ingredients. The capsule shell contains gelatin NF, titanium dioxide USP, FD&C Yellow #6.

perfect for few months
Reviewed on August 18, 2013

it helped me from very bad acne really well, took 3 montha to complete clear now i after year i have acne back, but much smaller, erythromycin does not work anymore

Worked great for about 3 months
Reviewed on August 10, 2013

After about 6 days of taking 333 MG twice daily, my face was completely clear. All active acne literally shrank away and disappeared. After about 3 weeks, I got about 1 or 2 pimples a week. This was after having about 5 new pimples a day, so this was still a huge improvement. After about 3 months it had lost about 50% of its effectiveness.

Good but not a long term soloution
Reviewed on July 22, 2013

I was oral Erythromycin for about six months, it did really help my acne. I maybe got a couple of spots now and then while on it but still had the redness around my t-zone. It did help but when i was on my fifth month it began lose affect and i started to break out quite badly.

Reviewed on January 8, 2013

They did the job accept the fact it doesn't get rid of it completely just the majority Ive been on and off them for nearly four years and it only clears them up a lot not totally away though.

Reviewed on September 17, 2012

I was prescribed 250 mg pills to take day and night. It took around two weeks to see results but I stopped breaking out around 1 month after taking them consistently. I finished one full course and was completely clear, then after 7 months I began to break out again. I decided to do another course (one course is three weeks) and the effects lasted for a month. When I started to break out again I decided that I cannot take any gaps and began taking them everyday. I'm still breaking out but its not as bad as it was prior to taking these pills so I will continue to do so. Alongside this I used Retin A at night and Dalacin T (Topical cream and liquid) for the first couple of months, which really helped in fading scars. But that is a thing of the past... since I have been breaking out more consistently. These pills did help though... even if it was just for a short period of time and anyone who has acne knows that even if the affects are temporary, clear skin is always a blessing that cannot be quantified. I just wanted to add that I think I see a pattern now in how I break out... a week before that time of the month. So I know my acne is hormonal... I read about how spironolactone can help balance hormones so I am taking that now in conjunction with erythro. It's been about a week but I'm hoping from the depths of my heart that this will eliminate these severe breakouts. Wish me luck, I'm sending out my best wishes to all the acne-sufferers out there.

Reviewed on July 27, 2012

Tried it for a few months, did absolutely nothing. I didn't see an improvement nor did my acne get worse. I only applied at night and by the morning i would see a ton of flakes on my skin of where it had rubbed off during the night from tossing and turning. Luckily my insurance had covered the entire thing so I didn't waste any money on it.

Reviewed on July 16, 2012

It really worked for awhile, but then my acne was just as bad as ever.

Reviewed on July 14, 2012

Antibiotics are great for cystic acne but bad for your body in the long run. Unfortunately, topical creams don't typically work for those individuals with cystic acne so this is our best bet. I am

Just worried after all these years of being on antibiotics (different kinds) that I'm doing some major damage

Hopefully my face will clear up again but for now it went back to its old ways - ill give it another month before I make a decision to pull the plug on this med

Reviewed on June 1, 2012

I remember the first time I applied this to my face. I almost hit the roof. I was running around the house screaming "GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!" It burnt so bad. The burning went away after about 1 minute. I had to put up with that every morning and night for 100 days. Overall, it didn't do anything but erode the surface of my skin. The flaking was out of control.

Cannot recommend.

Reviewed on May 4, 2012

My acne is not the sort that covers large areas of my face but I do suffer from very large and very deep cystic spots. Given the size, pain and regularity of these I have listed my acne as 'moderately severe'

Having used Erythromycin and Differin for just over four months, I am disappointed to say that my acne has not improved at all. In the first week of using these two treatments my skin cleared spectacularly, however, given the speed at which this happened I believe that this 'clear period' was merely coincidental.

I have had numerous periods where my skin has been clear, however, this was also the case whilst using my previous treatment (Lymecycline tablets) so in that respect Erythromycin has brought about little improvement. These periods of clear skin would rarely last longer than two or three days and I would estimate that throughout the four months of me using these treatments, I have, in total, had clear skin for less that two weeks.