Erythromycin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.5/5 - 204 reviews

Brand: Erythromycin

Erythromycin Product Pictured:
250 mg of Erythromycin Base.

Lactose NF, povidone USP, FD&C Yellow #6 and other ingredients. The capsule shell contains gelatin NF, titanium dioxide USP, FD&C Yellow #6.

Erythromycin Oral Antibiotic

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Really disappointed
Reviewed on September 23, 2015

I was prescribed to take 3 pills a day for 2 months by my dermatologist. On top of the antibiotic, I use a topical cream called Tactuo (aka Epiduo in the States) before I go to bed as well. I am 16 years old with mild acne on my cheeks- mostly consisting of small white heads, red bumps and lots of redness. I'm currently on my 7/8 week of these antibiotics and am extremely frustrated and disappointed with the results. It seems as if the antibiotics did minimal to nothing to my acne as I'm still suffering from constant breakouts. However, I did notice the first couple weeks my acne was improving slowly, but now it's as if it has gotten worse. Don't know if my body has become resistant to it already, but was really hoping this was my cure!! Guess it's back to the dermatologist :(

Reviewed on September 12, 2015

I never write reviews and have gone out of my way on a dying laptop to let you know how bad my experience on erythromycin tablets has been ... and its only the SECOND DAY. took it at 9pm last night.. then from 1am (and now its 1pm) I have had cramps and been vomiting and my cramps are still occurring. its worse than period pain. didnt think i'd be so affected by this but I will not be taking this again because i cant bear this pain 12 hours and still counting. going to call my doctor on monday. BTW lymecycline didnt have any side efffects for me but just stopped working after 6 months to clear acne.

Minimal results
Reviewed on September 6, 2015

This medication barely controlled new outbreaks and made me constipated. Not worth your time or money.

Does nothing...
Reviewed on August 16, 2015

I started taking these over 3 months ago and they havent helped my acne atall, I still have spots all over my face and they haven't cleared it up at all and my face is actually worse than when I began with more spots.

It's alright....
Reviewed on May 24, 2015

This has worked well for me in conjunction with Benzoyl Peroxide topical solution but now my skin is clear i think im going to just go for the regimen as it has brilliant reviews. I am skeptical as to whether or not these antibiotics have given me side effects, i've been taking them for years now and was unaware of when to take them in regards to food timings etc but now I think about it it may have given me anxiety and uncomfortable stomach issues.... I thought those were just my problems naturallly but I guess we'll see when I come off them!

Question: I would like to stop taking these pills right now. Does anyone know if you can just abruptly stop antibiotics or do you have to wean yourself off them? (The doctor wanted me to stop taking them anyway a few months ago btw so that isn't an issue, just wondering if it'll give me side effects etc).

Reviewed on February 25, 2015

Did literally nothing for me except give me thrush (at 14...great) but worked for my brother - he was 16, had moderate cystic acne and this was the first thing he used. It cleared him up completely and seven years later his skin is still perfect.

The first thing that worked!
Reviewed on December 1, 2014

E-Mycin worked wonders for me. My Derm put me on 2x400mg doses a day before I started on the Iso and it has helped sooooo much. Derm has left me on it while starting Iso so I am hoping it will help with the IB too.

I know long term antibiotics aren't for everyone, but these ones were a god sent for me and I will happily keep taking them to have clearer skin!

by Rachelannasenior on 02/03/2015 01:08
Hi! Please can you comment did your acne get worse before it got better?
Reviewed on November 16, 2014

It doesn't work on me at all, with bad side effect!

like any other antibiotic...
Reviewed on November 9, 2014

This was one of the antibiotics that the dermatologist gave me.

This was a long time ago , about 25 ? , years ago .

I kind of had to figure it out how to use it ,I had to take it either 2 hours before a meal or 2 hours after , never ever with a meal , or I would end up with a horrible stomach ache,with really bad cramps ,.

Believe me, the worst thing , one day I had my sister who came to visit from mexico and I don't know if you know how easy it is for people who were born in Mexico, but she got sick and asked me if I had some antibiotics and I said yes,I have some left overs that I had used for my acne , then I just gave her some erythromycin, oh my gosh I forgot to tell her about when to take it , so she got pretty sick , good thing she managed and didn't go to the hospital.

Well erythromycin is not a miracle I mean like any other antibiotic, I think that after taking it for a while ,I mean I used to take it like for 3to 6 month periods, so the bacteria got kind of resistance to it.

Erythromycin did not control my acne by itself ,I had to use topical acne treatments with it .

I think it kind of work at the beginning, then after the bacteria got used to it , it didn't .

So , like any other antibiotic , topical treatment has to go with it .

The consequences of forgetting the right time to take it are really bad ,I wouldn't recommend using this.

So far pretty good
Reviewed on October 29, 2014

My acne has improved amazingly, 4 months ago my cheeks, forehead and chin were red and covered in spots where as now my chin and forehead are practically clear and a few spots and redness remains beside my nose. I have been prescribed to take this for a year so hopefully by then my skin will be completely clear.

by Rachelannasenior on 02/03/2015 01:08
by Rachelannasenior on 02/03/2015 01:08 Hi! Please can you comment did your acne get worse before it got better?