Erythromycin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.6/5 - 194 reviews

250 mg of Erythromycin Base.

Lactose NF, povidone USP, FD&C Yellow #6 and other ingredients. The capsule shell contains gelatin NF, titanium dioxide USP, FD&C Yellow #6.

Did not work
Reviewed on June 22, 2014

It treated another skin problem I had but did nothing to acne.

Did not work - dangerous
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

I took oral antibiotics back in high school. I refer to them as a "bad joke." They did absolutely nothing for me. Plus, as more evidence comes out, we are vastly overusing antibiotics and creating resistant strains of bacteria. In my opinion, there is no place for antibiotics in acne treatment. Benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria much more quickly and thoroughly, actually does clear the skin, and does not come with the side effects.

a "maybe" medication
Reviewed on June 2, 2014

i used to have very oily and acne-prone skin. Before i try this antibiotic, i got 1-3 cystic acne per month and after that i had zero after taking for around 3 month. But still there will be around 2-4 zits and whitehead for me per week. For my oily skin, i think it make my oiliness worse. i just think this is a suitable medication for those with mild acne ONLY ... and ... imma 19 yrs old asian boy ~~Cheers !!

by xinhan on 08/17/2014 07:51
Just an update ~~ i finished my 6month erythromycin antibiotics course, and i still gets 2-3 small acne weekly. I tried apple cider vinegar only at morning and it refine my pores well !!im not sure whether the effect could last long or not.. =( GOOD LUCK PEOPLE !! =DD
Definitely not worth trying
Reviewed on May 14, 2014

It made me feel dizzy and doesn't do anything about my acne. My suggestion is to stay away from antibiotics as much as possible because the side effects is damaging and your acne can develop resistance to it.

Effects wear off after time.
Reviewed on May 8, 2014

This did work really well for me but the effects of the antibiotic slowly wore off and after a while my acne came back with a vengeance. It's great when you first start on it but the clear skin is short-lived so it's pointless.

Did Nothing For Me.
Reviewed on March 17, 2014

I was prescribed erythromycin and it basically did nothing, It was a while ago so I can't say if it made it worse but I definitely didn't see an improvement. I used it for a few months before stopping, in that time I could have been trying something effective.

Damaged my insides and still have acne.
Reviewed on March 12, 2014

Didn't work for me before accutane and didn't work for me after accutane.

The only thing this does for me is give me stomach cramps and makes me nauseous.

It works ok l, but not amazing
Reviewed on March 3, 2014

I have seen a slight improvement but not enough to even recommended this product. I'm also using duac (a prescribed topical treatment) so that could be where the improvement is coming from. I was on 4 a day for the first 2 weeks and got the most intense hunger pangs, but they've since subsided. I've been using this product for over a month.

Didn't do anything
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

Generally didn't work, i was on it for a l o n g time hoping that it would start working but it made no difference whatsoever. Gd luck!

Limited effect
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I have been taking the pills for 3½ months, first month 250 mg a day and afterwards 2 x 250 mg a day.. I think it helped a bit, but just a VERY little bit - no big difference. I have wasted a lot of time using this product, unfortunately, and finally I have got accutane prescribed. I wish the best for everyone who is using Erythromycin.