Erythromycin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.6/5 - 201 reviews

Erythromycin Product Pictured:
250 mg of Erythromycin Base.

Lactose NF, povidone USP, FD&C Yellow #6 and other ingredients. The capsule shell contains gelatin NF, titanium dioxide USP, FD&C Yellow #6.

Does nothing...
Reviewed on August 16, 2015

I started taking these over 3 months ago and they havent helped my acne atall, I still have spots all over my face and they haven't cleared it up at all and my face is actually worse than when I began with more spots.

It's alright....
Reviewed on May 24, 2015

This has worked well for me in conjunction with Benzoyl Peroxide topical solution but now my skin is clear i think im going to just go for the acne.org regimen as it has brilliant reviews. I am skeptical as to whether or not these antibiotics have given me side effects, i've been taking them for years now and was unaware of when to take them in regards to food timings etc but now I think about it it may have given me anxiety and uncomfortable stomach issues.... I thought those were just my problems naturallly but I guess we'll see when I come off them!

Question: I would like to stop taking these pills right now. Does anyone know if you can just abruptly stop antibiotics or do you have to wean yourself off them? (The doctor wanted me to stop taking them anyway a few months ago btw so that isn't an issue, just wondering if it'll give me side effects etc).

Maybe...
Reviewed on February 25, 2015

Did literally nothing for me except give me thrush (at 14...great) but worked for my brother - he was 16, had moderate cystic acne and this was the first thing he used. It cleared him up completely and seven years later his skin is still perfect.

The first thing that worked!
Reviewed on December 1, 2014

E-Mycin worked wonders for me. My Derm put me on 2x400mg doses a day before I started on the Iso and it has helped sooooo much. Derm has left me on it while starting Iso so I am hoping it will help with the IB too.

I know long term antibiotics aren't for everyone, but these ones were a god sent for me and I will happily keep taking them to have clearer skin!

by Rachelannasenior on 02/03/2015 01:08
Hi! Please can you comment did your acne get worse before it got better?
lee
Reviewed on November 16, 2014

It doesn't work on me at all, with bad side effect!

like any other antibiotic...
Reviewed on November 9, 2014

This was one of the antibiotics that the dermatologist gave me.

This was a long time ago , about 25 ? , years ago .

I kind of had to figure it out how to use it ,I had to take it either 2 hours before a meal or 2 hours after , never ever with a meal , or I would end up with a horrible stomach ache,with really bad cramps ,.

Believe me, the worst thing , one day I had my sister who came to visit from mexico and I don't know if you know how easy it is for people who were born in Mexico, but she got sick and asked me if I had some antibiotics and I said yes,I have some left overs that I had used for my acne , then I just gave her some erythromycin, oh my gosh I forgot to tell her about when to take it , so she got pretty sick , good thing she managed and didn't go to the hospital.

Well erythromycin is not a miracle I mean like any other antibiotic, I think that after taking it for a while ,I mean I used to take it like for 3to 6 month periods, so the bacteria got kind of resistance to it.

Erythromycin did not control my acne by itself ,I had to use topical acne treatments with it .

I think it kind of work at the beginning, then after the bacteria got used to it , it didn't .

So , like any other antibiotic , topical treatment has to go with it .

The consequences of forgetting the right time to take it are really bad ,I wouldn't recommend using this.

So far pretty good
Reviewed on October 29, 2014

My acne has improved amazingly, 4 months ago my cheeks, forehead and chin were red and covered in spots where as now my chin and forehead are practically clear and a few spots and redness remains beside my nose. I have been prescribed to take this for a year so hopefully by then my skin will be completely clear.

by Rachelannasenior on 02/03/2015 01:08
by Rachelannasenior on 02/03/2015 01:08 Hi! Please can you comment did your acne get worse before it got better?
Did not work
Reviewed on June 22, 2014

It treated another skin problem I had but did nothing to acne.

Did not work - dangerous
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

I took oral antibiotics back in high school. I refer to them as a "bad joke." They did absolutely nothing for me. Plus, as more evidence comes out, we are vastly overusing antibiotics and creating resistant strains of bacteria. In my opinion, there is no place for antibiotics in acne treatment. Benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria much more quickly and thoroughly, actually does clear the skin, and does not come with the side effects.

a "maybe" medication
Reviewed on June 2, 2014

i used to have very oily and acne-prone skin. Before i try this antibiotic, i got 1-3 cystic acne per month and after that i had zero after taking for around 3 month. But still there will be around 2-4 zits and whitehead for me per week. For my oily skin, i think it make my oiliness worse. i just think this is a suitable medication for those with mild acne ONLY ... and ... imma 19 yrs old asian boy ~~Cheers !!

by xinhan on 08/17/2014 07:51
Just an update ~~ i finished my 6month erythromycin antibiotics course, and i still gets 2-3 small acne weekly. I tried apple cider vinegar only at morning and it refine my pores well !!im not sure whether the effect could last long or not.. =( GOOD LUCK PEOPLE !! =DD