Equate Medicated Acne Gel reviews

Brand: Equate

Benzoyl Peroxide 10%

Mark product as reinstated

Reviewed on May 11, 2011

Very effective at erasing red bumps and pimples.

Reviewed on November 18, 2010

It does seem to clear up and help prevent new acne for me. Very cheap too. I do hate how it turns white on you skin and dries like a mud mask of sorts. I only use it when I'm going to be at home for a few hours and don't wear it in public. It's too noticeable on my skin. Be very careful what your face touches while wearing it! It bleaches material extremely easy! I've ruined many good shirts, sweatshirts, even some of my wife's clothes have shown up with bleach marks somehow. Not to mention all the bath towels that are now hidden away when company comes over. Almost not worth using really, I'm always scared of touching my face and then forgetting not to touch anything else til I wash my hands thouroughly. Gave my wife a hug while wearing it and after doing wash the shirt she had been wearing had a big pinkish colored spot on the shoulder. Gotta be very careful. I use my shirt to itch my eye and forgot I was wearing it and now my $30 shirt is a shop towel.

Reviewed on March 30, 2010

i have used this product everyday for a couple of weeks and made my skin very very sensitive to drastic change of temperatures, not really "drastic" more like a sudden change of hot to cold or vice versa.

After I apply this product every morning, I feel that if I move my face or smile my face will crack and destroy my skin.

Reviewed on October 12, 2009

Have been using this product for over 7 years and love it! All other benzoyl peroxide brands out there feel very greasy to me. This one is very good at absorbing oil and controlling oily skin. I am 54--yes 54--and still battling extremely oily skin. Even used Accutane 20 years ago. I hope Wal-Mart gets this product back on their shelves SOON! I hate having to pay triple the price for similar products that don't work nearly as well and make my skin even greasier! Their Equate brand is truly a great product.

Reviewed on October 7, 2009

This product is very cheap. It just appeared on shelves here. It was only $2, so I bought a bottle. It worked amazingly. A week later I went back and stocked up on more.

Reviewed on August 28, 2009

Bookmarking this page to see when this product will be back. We can call and email WalMart to encourage it's return, so if you have a minute - please do so!

1-800-WAL-MART (1-800-925-6278)

[link removed]

Reviewed on August 24, 2009

I want to use it! Put a disclaimer on it to continue to sell. People with acne will not care if this product works for them- and it has, if there is a serious issue. My goodness people pay a pretty penny for poison injected in their face (botox) we just want our faces clear!

Reviewed on August 16, 2009

What happened with it? Hopefully it wasn't anything health threatening. If not, I want it back!

Reviewed on August 11, 2009

Bottom line is: this recall sux! Please hurry up and get this product cleaned up