Equate Breakout Control Acne Cleanser reviews

2.2/5 - 6 reviews

Brand: Equate

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Glycerin, Petrolatum, Water, Mineral Oil, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Edta, Menthol, Fragrance, Carbomer, BHT.

Absolutely awful!!!!
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

I decided to pick this up instead of my usual Clean & Clear to save money but like they say you get what you pay for and in this case I didn't even get that because it wasn't worth the money paid for it! When I wash my face there is a oily film left on it that I can't get off by rinsing. I ultimately had to use something g else I wash away the film. What the !?

Strong, but super good.
Reviewed on February 27, 2015

This is my go-to product when my face has severe acne. Although I have sensitive skin, this product seemed to really shrink my acne and help reduce the appearance of them. I have learned the hard way not to EVER put this product anywhere near your eyes. I put a small amount into my wet palm and using only my palms, rub it together and then apply to my face. I avoid using my fingers or putting my fingers anywhere near this cleanser because I might accidentally touch my eyes and then it'll start stinging like crazy. But this is definitely a good product for me and my sensitive skin, as long as this never touches my eyes or contacts.

In this case, name brand is worlds better.
Reviewed on February 8, 2015

I've been using Clean & Clear's version for a year now with great results. I thought maybe I could buy the generic version to save a couple dollars. That was a mistake. It burned and it was days before my skin felt normal again. It left a thick waxy residue on my face (which slid down into my eyes), it took multiple times of washing to get the residue off and even then there was still some left over. My eyebrows looked disgusting. I threw the whole tube away, it cost me more money. My acne was not improved, after two days I broke out worse than I have in years and I believe it's because it clogged my pores.

Ouch
Reviewed on February 8, 2015

I used this product and my face burned for 10 minutes afterwards. I used it at night and when I woke up the next morning, my eyes were swollen and the outside corners of my eyes felt like they had needles sticking out of them. I didn't get the cream in my eyes but the "fumes" from the product irritated them immediately. Other than that, the product seemed to help the acne but it's not worth the pain.

absolutely do not buy this product
Reviewed on March 20, 2014

i've struggled with acne for nearly 20 years now, and i've used similar products in the past, so i'm used to the drying caused by benzoyl peroxide products, but this one takes the cake. first of all, it leaves a terrible thick white film on your skin. contrary to the other review, this absolutely does not wash off with warm water. even normal soap and water won't budge it. the only way to get it off your skin is to literally scrape it off. after you've destroyed your epidermis by drying and scrubbing yourself raw, you're left with red, dry, flakey skin... which leads to your skin going into hyper oil production, and thus your acne will get worse.

You must try this for those with terrible acne!
Reviewed on August 23, 2013

Okay so I got this product because it's cheaper than the other stuff. Also I have bad acne and I wanted to try something new. The first night I tried this it really opened up my pores. You will notice some white film that is hard to wash off but don't scrub on it. Just gently wash it off with lukewarm water. Then take a soft towel and just "pat" dry. Don't scrub or dry your face harshly because this stuff does make your face red. So wash your face at night and put a non oil moisturizer on afterwards. Your face will feel dry but dont worry it will get rid of your acne. Do this at night so that you wont have a red face in the morning. When you wake up in the morning dont wash your face again because this product is very strong. Just put moisturizer on again. The next morning I woke up with almost gone acne. Repeat this every night. You will end up with clean skin in a few days. Trust me this works.