Epsom Salt

Average price: $2.18

Most helpful review

By Anonymous on 04/27/2013
thumbnail

I had moderate acne, tried epsom salt. I figure its the salt, possibly also my face routine, but it really does help a lot. I use skintactix facewash, dry my face then use a slice of lemon to wet my face, use epsom salt and kind of scrub it into my face, use some water if its too rough, then leave the crystals on my face for 15-20 minutes, rinse it off, use organic coconut oil as the moisturizer, tiny bit or else its too oily, then use skintactix toner and green tea poultice. i only do this routine once a day and wash my face normally the other time. It has gotten rid of all my acne, i give credit to the epsom salt/lemon mixture because i did the rest of the routine before and it doesn't really change anything drastically. The whole "gets worse before it gets better" saying applies here too but unlike say proactive which made me break out for some weeks before I quit it (never got the chance to see if it works eventually), this made me break out for 2 days then it cleared up. so glad I tried it..

Pros:
  • Not a long "bring bacteria to the surface" period
  • makes skin super soft
  • clears acne after a short period, a week will show a big difference
Cons:
  • kind of rough if not wet enough, if too wet it feels like I'm not doing anything (gotta get water to salt ratio right for a scrub)
  • salt crystals make a little mess when drying on face

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

Epsom salts are amazing. I take about a handful of the salts and put them into a large bowl. Then I fill it with hot water, making sure all the grains are dissolved, and then I soak my face in it for about 5-10 minutes. Of course, coming up for air every 20 seconds. I also take some and exfoliate my face, then go back to soaking. I felt a pimple under my skin and it pulled it to a head right away. A lot of my pimples from under the skin are gone now and I only have a few pimples.

Pros

• Heals acne
  • Helps fade red marks/hyperpigmentation
  • Very cheap

Cons

• Can be a bit messy
  • Has a strange taste if you get some in your mouth
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Gets rid of blackheads and tiny bumps you can only see with 10x magnifying mirror
  • Heals open blemishes
  • Smoothes skin
  • Cheap

Cons

• Big grains can be messy
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have had severe hormonal acne since August 2012 due to a hormonal imbalance I'm working through. I have always had breakouts ever since I was 12, but lately it has been just unsightly. I can barely look my husband in the eyes because I feel so ugly. I have tried everything to sooth my acne ...I even resorted to getting proactive, but nothing has worked. I like Dan's products, but the AHA breaks me out and the wash does nothing for me. I have spent so much money trying every product on the market to aleast reduce the large, sore bumps on my jaw and neck. One day I got tired of my acne cleanser doing nothing, but irritating my skin so I grab my dove sensitive skin soap bar to wash my face since it has worked before my hormonal acne appeared. Then I saw my Epsom salts by the bathtub and thought ...Why not? I cannot believe the results in just a week. I look in the mirror and cry because it’s so simple and inexpensive. My face is badly scared, but the blackheads/ small bumps are GONE and the large bumps are fading. I cannot believe it. My current reg: Dove mixed with Epsom as a wash, Dickinson's pore toner used with a cotton ball, and Dan's topical treatment ...I'm still looking for a good moisturizer. Right now I'm just using the rest of my proactive spf until I can find one I like, but my skin looks amazing compared to just a few weeks ago.

Pros

• Heals acne!

Cons

• None so far.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I just started using epsom salt a few days ago and I already notice wonderful results. I have tried more products than you can imagine. I have been suffering with moderate acne for 11 years now, and my face has recently reacted from all the years of using harsh chemicals. I have developed very red, itchy skin as a result. So aside from battling break outs, I am battling excessive redness and irritation. The epsom salt has healed my current breakout in a day, and my complexion looks great. The redness has gone away and my face is very smooth. I truly hope that these results last and that this product will help prevent future break outs as well. Only time will tell. So far I am very pleased and will continue to use it. I have switched over to all natural products because my skin cannot handle the harsh chemicals anymore. I use epsom salt with a little bit of purpose cleanser mixed in. Definitely worth a try! Hope to finally have a true success story. Fingers crossed. Good luck to all of you!!

Pros

• Reduces Redness
  • Improves overall complexion (looks smooth and more even toned)
  • Heals breakouts FAST
  • Lightens scars
  • Very inexpensive

Cons

• Can be a little messy
  • Tastes bad if you get in mouth
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Epsom Salt is the most amazing topical acne treatment I have ever used!!

Pros

• Cleared my face in 4 days!
  • Eliminates redness & itchiness
  • Brought the deeper acne to the surface, then immediately healed it
  • Skin has a baby smooth texture under bright lights, no more micro-bumps!
  • Cheap and widely available!

Cons

• Stings if you get it in your eyes
  • Taste bitter
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have used Panoxyl 10% for about 1 1/2 years now.. for the first year, it did little for my skin. I moisturized with CAM lotion (my brother got it from the dermatologist) and it worked okay but I was still not clear. Then I made my own toner (witch hazel, lemon juice, water) and it made my pores close and my skin feel soft-ish. Then it hit me - why not use epsom salt? So I read about it online, and I tried it. I have to say it didn't do anything on the first day for me, but it's been about a week and a half and I can't believe how much my skin has improved!! It is AMAZING. My skin is so soft that I practically don't need a moisturizer!

Just try it!

Pros

• Reduces acne VERY fast!!!
  • makes skin smooth. so smooth that I almost don't need a moisturizer!
  • Cheap
  • you probably already have it in your house

Cons

• a little messy, and do NOT pop your pips... it will sting if you get epsom salt on it.
  • tastes bad, but close your mouth and you should be fine!! ;)
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Been using epsom salts for about a year or so now, works like a charm, cleans the h*ll out of my skin. Love it.

TRY IT

Pros

• Cheap
  • Makes skin soft
  • Prevents MY future breakouts
  • Reduces redness
  • Exfoliates crap and dead skin

Cons

• Nothing
  • very light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 0.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using epsom salt for a week and all I can say is wow! This stuff seriously works. I have been struggling with acne for years now (cystic acne on my jawline) and nothing has worked as effectively and quickly at reducing it. Within two days i noticed a difference in my skin!

Epsom salt literarily pulls the infection right to the surface of your face then heals it and the acne disappears!

I have been using it as a mask day and night. I cleanse my face then create an epsom salt mask by mixing the salt in warm water...then splash it on my face and let it sit for 10-15min before rinsing.

Seriously people it can't hurt to try it! Its so CHEAP and gives you RESULTS quickly!

Pros

• clears new acne spots up instantly
  • does not dry out your skin
  • makes a great mask
  • brings acne to heads fast then heals them
  • SERIOUSLY WORKS

Cons

• NONE
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 1.98
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I highly recommend epsom salt. I never had acne in high school and up until middle college years, I broke out in areas I NEVER experienced before. It is a real confidence stinger knowing you still get acne into adulthood. Epsom salt really is a life saver. I find it works best when I use it nightly [on a daily basis] and is amazing as a spot treatment. I use spectro jel as a cleanser [before] and I scoop out a bit of the salt and dissolve into hot water. I stir the two and using a cotton ball, I place it all over my face as a night treatment/mask :) It is God sent!! x

Pros

• Affordable
  • Exceptional face mask & acne treatment
  • When the epsom salt dries on the face, it doesn't feel like it's draining the oils out of your skin. It feels amazing :)

Cons

• It can be tricky trying to find the perfect combination. Some prefer epsom salt and water, others epsom salt and some oil. It's all to do with your skin type and tolerance :)
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i apply a solution of epsom salt with water on the affected areas each time after a shower and let dry naturally. the salt dries on the skin leaving a very slight grainy feel. my skin stopped feeling oily (but never dry), pimples dry up faster. sometimes i rub the solution on my face for a longer time and find blackheads dislodging. you have nothing to lose, it's inexpensive and worked very well for me.

Pros

• reduces oiliness
  • unclogs blackheads over time
  • brings pimples to a head quickly/ reduces redness from new pimples
  • dries pimples
  • cheap

Cons

• nothing i can't handle
  • stings on open wounds (like how regular salt would)
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.