Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 473 reviews

Brand: Epiduo

Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel

Adapalene (0.1%), Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, docusate sodium, edetate disodium, glycerin, isohexadecane, poloxamer 124, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, and sorbitan oleate.

Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel

Didn't do anything for me
Reviewed on June 18, 2016

I used this for about 6 months with Aczone. I saw no changes one way or the other. I might as well have used nothing because there was honestly no change at all. I didn't even get an initial flare.

It's a no for me :(
Reviewed on March 15, 2016

I've already posted a review around my 2nd and 3rd month on Epiduo. As I said before, it didn't really do much at the time. I have extremely sensitive skin and it made me curious how I never experienced any sort of redness, pain, or irritation. I'm around my 4th to 5th month (still the same mild acne, maybe 5 pimples on each cheek and forehead) and I have still seen no progress at all. I recently just popped my entire face (oops...) because of the many pimples I have. I am afraid to stop the regimen due to the possibility of it causing me to break out. Maybe the regimen did work for me in a way that it reduced my acne, but didn't completely take it away. In my opinion it's a great product but it simply just didn't fit my skin, hope it works for anyone about to start and glad it worked for many people.

As of now I am starting to take 10,000 IU of Vitamin A daily while on the Epiduo regimen at night. Would anyone tell me if this is safe or a good idea? Thank you. The fight goes on...

by Lover of life on 04/10/2016 18:53
How is your skin now? I stuck out epiduo for the full 3 months, i literally didn't see any improvement until 2 months and 3 weeks in lol. My skin was breaking out like crazy and burned all the time. But now after 3 months i can happily say my skin has cleared drastically. stick it out :)
So far, so good
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

I first started using Epiduo three and a half years ago, as part of a treatment prescribed by a dermatologist. At night I had to wash my face with Avene Cold Cream soap, then apply Epiduo or Differin (I had to alternate between them). I used Avene Clean AC moisturizer in the morning, after washing my face with the soap. He also prescribed me an antibiotic. That treatment took forever to work but eventually it did, and within four months (give or take) I had flawless skin.

However, after a couple of months I stopped going to the dermatologist because it was really far away and also because my skin was looking pretty good. Eventually I stopped taking the pills because I couldn't get them without a recipe and I stopped using Epiduo and stick to Differin because I thought it was the same. My acne gradually came back.

I've tried a lot of different things since then, including over the counter products such as Estee Lauder's Clear Difference and Avene's Triacneal, but none of them really worked for me. Only now, three years later, it occured to me that it was Epiduo the one doing the trick, and not Differin. So I decided to give it a try again. I started using it daily exactly two weeks ago (I also started taking the antibiotics) and it has completely cleared all my blackheads and those skin colored comedones that are so annoying. However I've been getting a lot of red, painful pimples. I'm not sure if that's my skin purging though, because I got my period recently and I've been also eating like sh*t.

Unfortunately it has made my skin really dry and itchy. The first couple of days it also burned for like an hour after I applied it, but not anymore. In my opinion, all of that is worth it as long as it works, you just have to use a really good moisturizer with SPF. Something else I noticed is that at least for me, it doesn't make pimples go away any faster. It is, however, supposed to prevent them.

It's still too early to say if it really works for me, but I will update this review in a couple of weeks! Wish me luck.

Slather it on!
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

This stuff is great - if you use 3x the recommended dose. It comes in a little pump now and I use 2 or 3 pumps twice a day, and it clears up my skin in 4 days tops. It's really drying, just like any BP product, but the results are worth it. I also love how the cream isn't grainy like many BP products are. It doesn't seem to prevent my acne quite as well as it cleared up the existing ones, which is why I decided to give Dan's regimen a try. If the regimen doesn't work better than this stuff, I will most certainly come back to it!

it works!
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

I got this from my dermatologist, LOVE IT! Gets rid of all of my acne without being too drying!

This stuff work!!!!
Reviewed on May 21, 2016

About a year ago my skin was probably the worst shape It has ever been, It was all red and blemishy it had black heads and white heads, large amount of pimples and even pimples underneath my skin, they basically covered my face. Putting foundation and concealer on my face to try and cover it up made it worse, since I was blocking up my pores. I finally decided to see a derm since it was getting pretty bad. She recommended me epiduo, at first I was afraid since many people did say that this product didn't work and that it made your skin all flaky and dry, and it made your skin worse. The first few weeks I used it was pretty awful I broke out more, and my skin was all dry and red, and I was using this daily. Suddenly after like a month went by it started to work, my acne was gone. I had no more acne but I had scars from acne I was trying to get rid of before using epiduo. If you have skin that is just like mine then I would totally recommend this product. Epiduo can make a huge change in your skin.

Works great
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

Ive been using Epiduo for about 6 months...

For the first few weeks it was really irritating to the skin, dried it out and gave it a odd texture. ( Mind you i have very sensitive skin)

After the first month that went away and my acne significantly improved. I was having large pustules, pimples and lots of black heads.

Now 6 months into use I havnt had a pimple in what seems like forever or the pustules on rare occasions. I still have black heads but those are reduced by at home masks and etc, but not to much of a bother. That first few weeks filled me with doubt honestly on how it seemed to just be causing more issues, but after that month everything settled out and is good now.

My advice is to NOT use to much to soon, it will make the skin very dry... even now i lightly... very lightly cover my skin in it before bed and once a day, even now if i use way to much i need to make up with moisturizer because it can still dry you out.

I am so thankful i decided to test run it !!

Epiduo helped my skin so much
Reviewed on May 15, 2016

I'm 14 years old but I've have acne for about 2 years and it's just slowly gotten worse. Around last year my entire forehead was covered in acne (mostly just my forehead) and I tried everything to get rid of it but nothing worked. About 3 months ago I finally made my first visit to the dermatologist where she recommended me Epiduo since I had mostly comedones. I looked it up and was honestly terrified because almost every review said it burnt very bad, but i tried it anyway bc dermatologist knows best lol. I started every other day and applied a very thin layer so my skin would get used to it ( I think a lot of people forgot this step). I never experienced any burning so I moved on to daily uses after I washed my face with cetaphil, and the next morning I would use cetaphil lotion. My skin did get dry at one point but that cleared up quickly. My pharmacist is also very helpful and told me it would make my skin sensitive to the sun, so on sunny days I put on a little bit of sunscreen. My face has cleared up so much and I'm so happy with the results so far. I really think anyone debating trying this product should take the plunge, it's worth it.

Works but very irritating
Reviewed on April 30, 2016

Like the title says,very irritating but fair enough for mild to moderate acne.And since it causes skin flaking(at least for me),it gave me hypermigmentation.

Epiduo Forte worked wonders for me
Reviewed on April 16, 2016

I am a 21 year old girl with mild acne. My main issues are closed comedones and the occasional large, blind pimple. When I began treatment on this topical, I was given Bactrim as well. I noticed improvement immediately after starting Epiduo Forte. My skin has always responded very well to BP, so I knew that was part of my success. But the adapelene really lightened my post acne marks and made my skin really smooth. I did experience an intense burning sensation at times, along with peeling, but I now buffer it with a light moisturizer and have had much less redness and irritation. It purged all my comedones and made getting a pimple way less frequent, and best of all no more close comedones occur. Also I haven't had any "deep" pimples since using this topical. It is definitely something I recommend when people ask me about my skin!