Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 387 reviews

Adapalene (0.1%), Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, docusate sodium, edetate disodium, glycerin, isohexadecane, poloxamer 124, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, and sorbitan oleate.

could have been better
Reviewed on August 18, 2014

I have been using this for going on 8 months. I apply it before bed every night and wash thoroughly in the morning. I did notice results in the first month, but noting dramatic. My skin burned, reddened, itched, and cracked after using this product for two weeks. Many months later, my results have plummeted and I see no difference since the first month. I feel like this is a good product for other people but it just didn't do it for me. Hope this helped. :)

Great product, Just takes time
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

Epiduo cleared about 85-90% of my acne so far and i'm on week 8 it just kicked in working quick on pimples. You must use the right amount of it directed or your skin could get very dry. Also you must give epiduo time just like other new regimens. I take monodox(Doxycycline) along side with Epiduo and i use 5/2 cleanser i got at my dermatologist. It makes your skin sensitive and you can develop skin pigmentation from acne if you mess with them. I would recommend it to someone who's looking for an awesome acne treatment.

Excellent product!
Reviewed on August 14, 2014

My derm recommended it to me just few days ago and so far it has been an excellent product. Doesnt make my skin red like other bp products, but it does tend to dry your skin a lot so after applying a thin layer of it I use Hyalix (in my country it has that name) that is a very simple hypoallergenic hidratation gel.

Effective!
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

Epiduo is one of the most effective pimple treatments I have tried so far. I used this along with Tetralysal and I have seen improvement after three uses. It healed 85% of my pimples after a months use and now helps prevent new ones from coming. I so love this product and I'm thankful that my dermatologist prescribed me this.

Here's my detailed review: bit.ly/1s8jdfr

Worked like a miracle!
Reviewed on August 3, 2014

I have tried so many products but when a new derm gave me a sample, I could not believe how it worked overnight. I use it for spot treatments, both of existing bumps and some that I could only feel coming up, and in the morning - gone. You need very, very little for this to work. When I read reviews that say it felt greasy, you're using too much. I can't believe my old derm never suggested it. I would definitely recommend trying this - just use as directed, or less.

Works well but still get minor breakouts
Reviewed on July 29, 2014

It takes a couple months to work, but did a good job of preventing my pustular breakouts (not the big hormonal ones in my experience). I didn't really have issues with flaking and dryness, as I switched to a gentle, non-medicated cleanser while using it, and have extremely oily skin. I used it nightly in a THIN layer over my whole face and washed it off in the morning. Even though my complexion drastically improved, I still woke up to a few small, but manageable, pustules virtually everyday. My pores were also still extremely clogged. I believe it also helped fade my dark marks at the same time. Lately, however, it hasn't been working as great as it used to, even though I haven't changed my cleansing routine. It might have something to do with other lifestyle changes such as water composition, sleep patterns, and diet. For these reasons, I believe that if your acne is caused by a more serious, internal issue, epiduo might not work as well as expected. For me, it was only a short term confidence booster. Additionally, I am slightly suspicious that it exacerbated my dry eye issues.

Just started using it
Reviewed on July 18, 2014

I have acne all over my face. Mostly on my right cheek which is covered and I also have tiny bumps all over my forehead. I also have a lot of whiteheads. I got prescribed epiduo and I'm on my fourth day of using it and tbh I think my acne has gotten worse but I think that's because I have a lot of whiteheads which I'm always popping. After reading all these reviews I'm focused on carrying on for at least 3 months so my acne can finally go away. When I apply it, it doesn't really sting that much. Only mildly. And my skin gets really dry and flakey too so I'm wondering which moisturiser to use? I was thinking on getting aveeno moisturising cream?? I will be back with an update on how things are but so far it's not too bad I guess.

Good Stuff
Reviewed on July 11, 2014

Acne has been a problem for me. It was so thick on my cheeks I looked like a pepperoni pizza. It was gross! So, I saw my doctor and she prescribed Epiduo. I used it for a long time and it got rid of my break outs. But the thing was, I would always get them again. It would go away then in about 2 days a new one would come up. Last week, I found out the quickest and safest way to clear your face. Wash your face, put aveeno all over, apply epiduo on the face, then add tea tree oil on top of your face. The epiduo will dry out the acne and the tea tree oil helps kill it. The lotion just keeps your face moist. Sometimes you can breakout because of the weather. Ive been doing this whole process and my face has been clear. Im not kidding like this stuff is legit. If you follow this same process I'm like 98% sure it will work on you.

Excellent!!!
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

This treatment is the one that provides best results for me. It is the only BP treatment which does not dry my skin severely or darken my complexion (I am an Asian Pakistani). You should apply it as directed for optimum results. I apply a pea-sized amount once every evening after using neutrogena pink grapefruit face wash. You may have initial breakouts but you need to give this treatment time to work. This has been the most effective product I have used in treating and preventing my acne, blackheads and reduced hyperpigmentation. If you have tried many products and they have not worked, please go to your doctor and ask for this product.

NOpe Noope Nope
Reviewed on July 7, 2014

I really disliked epiduo. Had moderate facial acne and a good deal of cystic bacne in my first year of college, and when I finally went to the derm, she prescribed me this along with an oral antibiotic. Epiduo felt greasy and disgusting on my skin, and it absolutely did nothing. Actually made everything worse, since I stopped doing my proactive regimen when I started it. I was on it for five weeks with NO improvement. Finally now I'm on aczone and doing great. IF OTC BENZOYL PEROXIDE DOES NOTHING FOR YOU, PROBS IS A BAD IDEA. Benzoyl peroxide does nothing but dry me out in any form. hate hate hate. However, if otc benzoyl peroxide does SOMETHING for you, this may possibly help. Feels totally gross though.