Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 413 reviews
Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel

Adapalene (0.1%), Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, docusate sodium, edetate disodium, glycerin, isohexadecane, poloxamer 124, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, and sorbitan oleate.

Love it
Reviewed on March 18, 2015

I am 26 and I struggled with acne since high school. I started Retin-A about a year ago which helped, but I would break out again every time I was out in the sun for any amount of time, even wearing sunscreen every day. My derm recommended Epiduo and it has helped tremendously :) I use Retin-A at night and Epiduo in the morning. It's worked really well for me!

AMAZING!!
Reviewed on March 1, 2015

I am 27 and have been suffering from acne for over 10 years. I have tried over the counter treatments and prescribed treaments and nothing has helped like EPIDUO and ORACEA. I used to apply heavy makeup to hide the acne and now I barely apply makeup and feel GREAT. It's been 12 weeks and I would say this has cleared up my skin about 95%. It takes a few weeks but it does help! Amazing!!

by arsenia1 on 03/16/2015 03:06
How many weeks it took to start seeing results?
Adult Acne after Quitting the Pill
Reviewed on February 23, 2015

I had great skin while on Yasmin, then stopped taking it and had the worst acne of my life. I tried everything- 10% benzoyl, tons of different medicated face wash, witch hazel, etc. I was prescribed retin A which cleared some forehead bumps but developed severe cystic acne on both cheeks. I regret listening to people who said stick with it because it was the WORST time for me- I used it religiously according to directions and still no luck. I was feeling so miserable and frustrated. After almost 2 months using Retin A, I begged my derm for alternate treatment and started Epiduo combined with Cetaphil regular face wash. Honestly----- the best thing that has happened for my acne! Saw results after 2 weeks. Lots of dryness at first but if you moisturize it will do wonders! I honestly am so thankful and hope you see the same results as I did. I am 24 and finally starting to see my normal skin return, while the scars are fading. It's been 4 weeks and my face is smooth and clear. It does make you a bit red, but nothing worse than acne. Reccomend to anyone who didn't have luck with Retin-A/Trentinoin alone.

Didn't work and gave me more scars
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

So my acne is very bad and when i say bad i mean it. My acne covers my cheeks and there are so many discolorations that cover my whole cheeks. I went to my doctor and got Epiduo because it got alot of good reviews and plus a friend of mine told my it cleared up her acne. I tried this product out for a month. I got no results and this medication dried the crap out of my face it was the most uncomfortable feeling ever i hated it so much. It burned when i put it on aswell and plus it gave me even more pimples I know that these are all the side effects but still it just gave my skin more scaring and discoloration now my face is even worst. Right now im in high school and i hate going to school because i dont want people looking at my nasty face. Im so depressed and sad ive tried so many cremes and gels that dont even work acne really just sucks i hate it so much!!!!!

Finally!!! :)
Reviewed on February 7, 2015

Hi. I was struggling with getting cystic pimples nonstop (especially in my chin area) for past two years. I tried to eat healthier, cut out dairy for a period of time, sugar, got my hormones tested... anything I read online I tried to no avail. I was getting very frustrated and somedays I wouldn't leave my house to see my parents because of the state of my face. It really lowered my self esteem.

Went to doctor and he thought I had peri oral dermatitis so he put me on deoxycycline. No change. He then put me on tactuo. Wow! After two month my face is now always clear. I don't want to jinx it but I love this. I only use once a week now. I get compliments and I love my skin (haven't said that in awhile)!

Be careful not to put too much on, you will look windburned and skin will peel like crazy. After awhile, doesn't burn anymore :)

I swear by this - it truly works!
Reviewed on February 4, 2015

I've suffered from acne for about 4 years now. I'm 18 and I've tried almost everything to help improve my skin, but nothing has worked better than Epiduo. I'll admit I was initially shocked with the price, but only because I didn't want to spend money on products. I used Benzoyl Peroxide for a year and although my experience with it was good, it still didn't work as well as I needed to. I'm now using Epiduo instead of Benzoyl Peroxide as part of The Regimen, and I can truly say that The Regimen has made a difference in the improvement of my skin. I've been using Epiduo for nearly 2 months and my skin is at its best. You can really see the results within the first week or so. This is the best investment I've made so far, it's well worth the money. I've never felt more happy and comfortable in my own skin.

I couldn't sleep
Reviewed on January 31, 2015

Taking Epiduo really messed with my sleep. When I first started taking it I couldn't sleep for 1-2 weeks. I tossed and turned all night and could never actually fall asleep. This is tough for me because I was a sleeper. I never put two and two together till I stopped using it then about 2 months later started using it again. I AGAIN couldn't sleep. Crazy?!? I googled it and saw that other people had the same side affect. No thanks, I'll go back to usin regular Differine which worked perfectly.

Wow.
Reviewed on January 23, 2015

I never take the time to write reviews on products but I felt the need to write about this. I'm 20 and I've been struggling with acne for about 5 years. It has never been severe, but definitely noticeable and ongoing. I've tried everything. Every drug store product, home remedies, popular acne systems. Nothing made a big difference. Acne has prevented me from having a lot of self confidence. It SUCKS. About two weeks ago I went to my general doctor to ask for a referral to a dermatologist because I had finally had enough. She prescribed me Epiduo so I would have something until I could actually visit the dermatologist. I started using the Epiduo twice daily - once in the morning and once at night. My pimples starting to go away but I quickly learned that twice a day is entirely too much. My face started burning and becoming dry (I have sensitive, dry skin as it is.) so I stopped using it for a day and then I continued to only use it at night. All of my existing pimples AND blackheads are becoming non existent. My skin hasn't been this clear in years. Along with Epiduo, I drink a lot of water daily, and I use Cetaphil as a moisturizer. You MUST moisturize with a lotion such as this so your pores don't get clogged.

Yes, burning and dried out skin will occur because of how strong this product is. Do not over use it and if your skin burns too much and gets too red, stop using it for a day or so and then begin again but maybe use less. Don't forget moisturizing is so important, as well as exfoliating. I use an apricot scrub from CVS every 3 days.

Thank you Epiduo!! And good luck to the rest of you users.

Scared of the results
Reviewed on January 22, 2015

My daughter was prescribed this but based on the reviews that I am reading, I am a little scared to have her try it. This is expensive and will be such a waste of money if it doesn't work.

Made everything so much worse.
Reviewed on January 21, 2015

I know everyone recommends "sticking to it", but honestly, you have to know when to stop too. I had pretty bad acne, I would always have at least 2 or 3 cystic pimples at almost any given time plus blackheads under the skin and whiteheads on and off. I also had some mild hyperpigmentation and scarring.

It was my doctor (GP NOT a dermatologist - please people, go to a dermatologist) who recommended this to me while I was waiting to see a derm, which was going to take about 6 months. My doctor told me that my skin would purge for 1-2 weeks, and then start getting better. The pharmacist told me 2-3 weeks it would get worse, and then better. However, I used this product for 5 solid weeks and my acne got worse each and every day. My skin was burning, flaking and red and I was breaking out like I had never broken out before. It was an absolute nightmare.

Finally, I decided enough was enough and I stopped using it. And wouldn't you know, the acne started going away. A few months later, I met with a real dermatologist (not a GP playing derm) and took a 6 month course of Accutane. It totally saved me. Really, really wish I had just waited for that because this Epiduo crap (Tactuo here in Canada) left me with severe scarring.