Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 420 reviews
Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel

Adapalene (0.1%), Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, docusate sodium, edetate disodium, glycerin, isohexadecane, poloxamer 124, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, and sorbitan oleate.

Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel

PLEASE listen to your skin!
Reviewed on April 30, 2015

I used TactuPump for about 12 weeks and my skin was literally raw. I've never had such inflamed and terrible acne in my life. It was awful. I started out with just mild acne and after reading such positive reviews about TactuPump, I decided to give it a try. I regret it SO much. My jawline was especially bad. I couldn't look in the mirror for weeks. I went to the doctor and he told me to stop using it because my skin had a very bad reaction to it. I thought I could tough it out to see if it would get better, but it was just getting worse and worse every single day. I was very upset every morning, waking up seeing my acne getting worse. Even after stopping, the acne never got better. So I ended up with worse skin than when I started. Eventually, I went on Accutane (40g dosage) and that was only thing that cured my skin. Long story short, please please please listen to your skin. I kept waiting to see if it would get better, because reviews were saying that it was just your skin purging, but I really regret waiting that long before realizing that the product just wasn't fit for my skin. Terrible experience, but at the end of the day, I found a solution that cleared up the acne that TactuPump had brought out. This product may work for some, but unfortunately, it did not for me.

Life Saver
Reviewed on April 27, 2015

I have suffered from acne on and off since I was a teen and have tried lots of antibiotic treatments which worked and then stopped working, retin-a gel, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid etc. to the point where my Doctor said there was nothing more he could do as he had tried everything, I am now 39, and had a horrendous outbreak after having a few years of beautiful clear skin. I really thought I had grown out of acne, so was horrified when this happened.

I ordered Epiduo from an online UK registered pharmacy at a cost of £38 delivered after filling out a form, they have a doctor review before dispensing. I had not heard of this treatment before, and it was like a miracle cure. I had no irritation, redness nothing. Infact it was like putting a skin rejuvenation treatment on my skin. I must add, this might be due to the fact that before using this I had been using Benzoyl peroxide 10% cream, which I now realise was far too strong, this had probably toughened my skin up, so now Epiduo was like a walk in the park. I applied it once a night, and no more than that, following with Eucerin dry skin moisturiser 15 minutes afterwards, which is for really sensitive skin, I did not apply it more often, I was very disciplined, less is more.

My skin is now back to normal, and the spots cleared up within a week of starting to use it, I now have totally clear skin, lets hope it lasts. I would encourage everyone to give it a go.

Two Minds...
Reviewed on April 23, 2015

Hi,

While holidaying in New York my skin broke out something chronic. I walked around the shops buying everything anyone would sell me, just to clear it up. It didn't work. It only got worse. Before you knew it, I was back to AUS with a horrible red-pimpley face. Just so you know; growing up I never really had acne, the odd hormonal pimple and thats about it. Well its been two years and I am now 24 and the battle is still going on. I have spent thousands of dollars on treatment - cosmetics, cosmeceuticals, peels, light therapies, doctor appts and now I am onto my pharmaceuticals.

My cosmetic doctor has given me a prescription for an oral antibiotic and this EpiDuo gel - he suggested using it with Rationale products.

So far - there are maybe slight improvements? But what I am STRUGGLING with most is the burning. I wash my face, apply hydration gel, epiduo and my face just BURNS!!!!? Is this normal? I have red inflamed and flaky areas on my face - this is my second week and I feel like I am really struggling. Can someone please tell me if there face feels like its on fire?!?

by Juaneeeeeee on 04/24/2015 02:41
Hi, I'm here to tell you that the burning sensation your having is normal! BP (Benzoyl Peroxide) tends burn for the first few weeks of application, but not to worry it will subside after a 3-4 weeks of application; your skin becomes used to it. Something that can help with the redness is NOT to scrub your face. Remember irritation=more acne, so scrubbing makes your skin more irritated leading to more break-outs. I would recommend you ordering the Acne.org regimen if you haven't yet. I've only been on it a week and I have seen some pretty good improvements! if you don't order it then try to go to a local pharmacy store and ask a worker for a non-clogging simple cleanser as well as a non-clogging moisturizer for your flakiness. And most importantly remember to not give up hope! Almost everyone in their lifetime will have acne so no matter how much you want to quit come on pushing through it. If your having trouble try to think about the reward that this will bring you cleared skin and a more happy you! Hope this helped and if you have any questions fell free to ask me:)
acne at my age????
Reviewed on April 22, 2015

Acne free all my life...til now! Developed acne about 15 months ago. ..started as tiny bumps on my chin...then bigger ones then them great big headless painful cystic kind...

tried every acne wash....cream...gel...mask peel etc....but all I was left with was dry sore red sun dried looking skin...

So decided to go docs...I got differin first which sort of helped tone the red acne down ...but didn't stop break outs! Also antibiotic didn't do much!

Went back to doc and got epiduo....heard this stuff had side effects like burning skin...drying you out...skin flaking so was worried but the weeks prior to going back to docs I'd changed how I looked after my skin...I'd got rid off all my acne washes and toners gels etc. ..and started using an oil cleanser and ph balanced face wash and aveeno moisturiser. ...my skin was really improving. ..was smoother and silky again...only one cystic spot which if had for ages....so using epiduo worried me after getting my skin soft again...but I wanted help with scarring and didn't want to break out again so I gave it a go!

After two weeks of using epiduo my skins ok...stings a bit on my skin for ten minutes but when it sinks in I pop my moisturiser over it (stings a bit again)...within a few days that huge cystic spot came to a head an popped!!! Yay....result...but two weeks on I've not had a single spot. ..no skin purging so far.....and acne scars have actually faded a good bit....no flaky skin or burnt red skin either..I actually believe this is down to using more ph balanced products which irritate are skin and dry it out loads causing are pores to produce more sebum and block pores causing more spots. ...also I think this aveeno cream is a miracle moisturiser as its the only one that never stung not even round my eyes. ..think thats helping lighten my scars too...never broke me out either...so oil cleanser first to remove dirt oils etc...then I use olay gentle face wash (gorgeous stuff and so much cheaper then acne ones)...then thin layer of epiduo over acne prone areas (not got any active acne but preventions better then cure)...let it sting and sink into my skin...then aveeno moisturise the area.... (I moisturise rest of face after washing leaving my chin and jaw for epiduo application. ..as you don't want to spread epiduo all over your healthy clear skin or near eyes)...

So far so good. ..I'd say use more ph balanced washes and creams etc. ..throw out anything that has salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it...just use one acne treatment at a time so your not irritating acne more or damaging healthy skin!

Oh one last thing I use st Ives blemish control scrub (which has tiny bit of salicylic acid in it)...use it 1-3 times a week to buff off any rubbish....its amazing so can not part with this...alot more natural then other acne scrubs...

I actually look forward to putting on my make up now. ...all bumps have gone (just that cystic spot to really flatten out as even though it's healed they take ages to smooth out)....good luck to you. ..try this epiduo cream...anythings worth a shot when you have acne (as long as its off yer doc not out the drugstore);)

Worstttt!
Reviewed on April 10, 2015

I started to grown severe acne last year. First, I tried Murad, which was absolutely a waste of money, didn't work at all and made my skin worse. Then i went to see a doctor, she first prescribed me Retin-A, I used it for 3 months, and didn't seem to work. Then she gave me Clindoxyl, it worked at the beginning, i got less break-out, but after 5 months, every time I use it, my face got burned, and became flaky, red, itchy, so I stopped, and it gave me scars! So I stopped. After that, my doctor said maybe go back to Retin-A, I said no. Then she gave me Differin, I didn't have any bad reaction, but it also didn't work, my acne came back, which is a total disaster.. Then, a dermatologist gave me this, I tried for two days, my face was on fire. so I listen to my pharmacist to put some moisturizer, but it became worse! My entire face was extremely painful! If you have sensitive skin, then run away from this product.

by Jmboseck23 on 04/29/2015 08:14
You might try applying some moisturizer and then applying TAZORAC GEL.... TAZORAC is a Rx similar to tretinoin, but seems to work much better!!! Good luck 😀
YOU AREN'T ALONE!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!
Reviewed on April 3, 2015

I can't believe I'm writing a review. After Almost 7 years of struggling with my skin and reading what feels like millions of reviews and trying many products to clear my skin I am hoping (fingers crossed) that I have finally found THE cure. This feels a bit surreal to be honest, I can't tell you how many times I have read peoples success stories and just wished so badly that one day it would be me. Don't get me wrong, if you're struggling with bad skin these forums are a GODSEND when you need hope to keep searching for answers and to remind yourself you aren't alone, cause sometimes you feel like you're the only person with bad skin. When my skin took a turn for the worst a few months ago (the most horrible breakout I'd ever experienced) I promised myself that when i found something that would work, that I would make the most detailed review possible in hopes that I could help even just ONE person out there that has a similar struggle to mine. So apologies for the length but it has been a long road for me and I want to help someone else. Acne sucks. When I felt really disgusted over my skin I would try so hard to remind myself that things could be so much worse. I have my health, all my limbs, my eyesight, everything that a human needs to function properly. But damn no matter how hard I tried my bad skin just took over my ilfe.... I refused to be seen without makeup, constantly cancelled plans, could never enjoy being outdoors or going to the lake because I didn't want people to see my pimples/scars. My acne was mild (developed into moderate) and hormonal but left HORRIBLE pigmentation that left bright red marks that lasted forever.. I was even embarrassed to let my family see me without makeup which is pathetic but I was just embarrassed at how gross my skin looked. My breakouts were always hormonal (forehead and chin) but then my acne type changed and I was also developing DEEP blackheads that stayed there forever, and tons of clogged pores around my chin that eventually one by one turn into cysts (so painful and embarassing) I NEVER had acne growing up. My first pimple was at age 22. I've been the derm dozens of times in the last two years. Summer of 2013 I started Aczone and Atralin. Worked WONDERS for a few months and I felt relieved my battle with acne was over. Unfortunately though, those meds stopped working and my acne slowly creeped back and then it was worse than ever. I'll admit that I had a heightened level of stress recently that may have contributed to this horrible breakout but regardless, I was beyond over it and at the end of my rope and on the verge of losing my sanity. I was so tired of being self conscious and spending EVERY waking hour worrying about my face. It was exhausting. So In January of 2015 I went BACK to the derm to start over. He put me on duac. I cried because benzoyl peroxide had dried my face before and I knew it wouldn't work. Well, duac worked SOMEWHAT, removed a few blackheads but I was breaking out horribly around my chin while on it. Felt super discouraged. Then he put me on Finacea (for rosacea), which helped slightly at first, but my chin continued to breakout in horrible huge painful inflamed pimples. One would clear up then two-three more would pop up. I couldn't catch a break. I was in the derm what felt like every other day for cortisone injections. Finally he said well let's try epiduo since you had success at first with Atralin (a retin-a , and epiduo has bp AND a retinoid combined) I went home crying, knowing it wouldn't work. But realized I had no other option but to at least TRY it. I was scared, I was skeptical, I was a pessimist and knew it wouldn't work. I knew i was going to suffer more breakouts but I had to give it a shot. So I did. And let me tell you, all the reviews you read (try and only read good reviews) are so true. IT COMPLETELY SUCKS AT FIRST. I wish it didn't have to, but it just does. The first couple days I used it I had several of those red inflammed cystic pimples flare up on my chin. I wanted to cry (oh wait, I DID cry, a lot), but I decided to trust what people were saying and power through it. If you are able to go in for cortisone shots while you first start this product it at least helps the pain and for them to subside faster. Patience is key (easier said than done) but slowly but surely, I think I found what is going to work for me... blackheads and closed comedones on my forehead are slowly coming to the surface (I have been able to literally just pull a couple of them out) and I know that with consistent and persistent use they rest of them will clear up as well... It sucks purging but I can really tell it is clearing out all my gross clogged pores around my chin as well. It's only been a week, and I still have pimples purging and I know there is more to come, but I am SO much more hopeful realizing that this WILL pass and soon my skin will be clear.. My skin is dry and slightly peeling, but again, I'M PUSHING THROUGH IT AND YOU SHOULD TOO!!!. Fight through it!!!! Soooo many people have said that it's 100% worth it in the long run and to just keep focusing on the end result there IS a light at the end of the tunnel even if you don't see it :) I plan on updating every week or so with my progress. My skin is far from clear, but I can tell this is working. There is NO quick cure to acne no matter how bad we all wish there was one. So please give it a shot. OH and use it everyday, I didn't at first because I was scared of the dryness but every day is KEY. attack attack attack that bacteria!!

MORNING:

cetaphil gentle cleanser

finacea

oil of olay oiil-free fragrance free moisturizer

NIGHT:

oil of olay cleansing cloths- fragrance free/sensitive skin

epiduo (SMALL amount on affected area)

30 min later oil of olay oil free fragrance free moisturizer

DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all my fellow acne sufferers, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE YOU!!!!

by emilyxfaub on 04/16/2015 19:07
update: I'm now on my third week. Still having some purging, but things are slowly (key word: slowly) looking up. You're going to have good days and bad days. Some days I think wow! my skin looks good today! others I get dramatic over some purging and think that it's actually not working. But I have to remind myself IT JUST.. TAKES... TIME. So I'm still sticking with it keeping my eye on the prize, hoping that what everyone says is true and I'll be alot clearer at 8-12 weeks. Anyone who's reading this, keep pushing on!!
by Ckalpana on 04/18/2015 10:57
Hi i hav tried all acne medication bt dint help n then i use epiduo since im in two wewks using my skin bcom dry swelling redness n itchy bt my acne is vanishing bt my skin is dam dry n peeling n itchy plz help me 😪😪
by rbecamy on 04/23/2015 12:07
What a fantastic review! I have been using EPIDUO for approx. 2 weeks now and have experienced the burning dry red patches and the purging - I was going to go back to my Dr. and see if something was wrong however I cancelled the appointment and am getting on with it! I have found that moisturising my shoulders is key to keeping the irritation down. Its been a right old push to get into the habit of it but I am feeling optimistic. Thanks so much for your review! Keeps me motivated with a bit of hope!
Epiduo for hormonal acne
Reviewed on March 29, 2015

I had bad acne as a teen and it cleared up when I hit 23. I am now 26 and bc of my migraines my doc won't let me have estrogen based b.c. and gave me mirena (depo shot or implanon were my other options both of which all contain the same hormone as mirena-progestrone) . Worst acne of my life!! On my face back chest shoulders everywhere. I stuck with it for 1 year then got it taken put two weeks ago I have polycystic ovarian syndrome so I also must stay on b.c. or else I get csysts. Right now I am off all b.c... derm has me on 1 100mg doxyclycine twice daily and epiduo every or every other night. My skin has already improved and it's been almost 2 weeks. I don't have any new acne on my chest or back and maybe just 2 or 3 new pimples on my face but for the most part everything is going away! It was terrible along my jawline and I only have like 2 pimples there now. It does burn now even applying any moisturizer but I've been using it every day so I'm going to kick back to once every other day to help with the dryness. Love this product so far!!

Love it
Reviewed on March 18, 2015

I am 26 and I struggled with acne since high school. I started Retin-A about a year ago which helped, but I would break out again every time I was out in the sun for any amount of time, even wearing sunscreen every day. My derm recommended Epiduo and it has helped tremendously :) I use Retin-A at night and Epiduo in the morning. It's worked really well for me!

AMAZING!!
Reviewed on March 1, 2015

I am 27 and have been suffering from acne for over 10 years. I have tried over the counter treatments and prescribed treaments and nothing has helped like EPIDUO and ORACEA. I used to apply heavy makeup to hide the acne and now I barely apply makeup and feel GREAT. It's been 12 weeks and I would say this has cleared up my skin about 95%. It takes a few weeks but it does help! Amazing!!

by arsenia1 on 03/16/2015 03:06
How many weeks it took to start seeing results?
by Ckalpana on 04/18/2015 11:01
Hi i hav tried all acne medication bt dint help n then i use epiduo since im in two weeks using my skin bcom dry swelling redness n itchy bt my acne is vanishing bt my skin is dam dry n peeling n itchy plz help me 😪😪
Adult Acne after Quitting the Pill
Reviewed on February 23, 2015

I had great skin while on Yasmin, then stopped taking it and had the worst acne of my life. I tried everything- 10% benzoyl, tons of different medicated face wash, witch hazel, etc. I was prescribed retin A which cleared some forehead bumps but developed severe cystic acne on both cheeks. I regret listening to people who said stick with it because it was the WORST time for me- I used it religiously according to directions and still no luck. I was feeling so miserable and frustrated. After almost 2 months using Retin A, I begged my derm for alternate treatment and started Epiduo combined with Cetaphil regular face wash. Honestly----- the best thing that has happened for my acne! Saw results after 2 weeks. Lots of dryness at first but if you moisturize it will do wonders! I honestly am so thankful and hope you see the same results as I did. I am 24 and finally starting to see my normal skin return, while the scars are fading. It's been 4 weeks and my face is smooth and clear. It does make you a bit red, but nothing worse than acne. Reccomend to anyone who didn't have luck with Retin-A/Trentinoin alone.