Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 478 reviews

Brand: Epiduo

Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel

Adapalene (0.1%), Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, docusate sodium, edetate disodium, glycerin, isohexadecane, poloxamer 124, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, and sorbitan oleate.

Miracle cure so grateful
Reviewed on August 14, 2016

I had suffered from spots on forehead for years to the point where family and friends would comment and I'd be so embarrassed and self conscious. Antibiotics would help but after the course the spots.would.return. But recently I started epiduo in February and not a single spot since then. No joke this personally is my miracle cure and I'm so confident I won't get any even when my skin gets oily after a long day of exercise or in the sun. People have even commented on my skins improvement and are amazed how my skin transformed. Really recommend this to anyone struggling with spots. I've finished my antibiotic course and just use this now and it's become a lifesaver. Can walk around make make up free and feel good about my skin for the first time in years. Thank you so so much to those who recommended this. Wish I started using it years ago.

Life Saver
Reviewed on April 27, 2015

I have suffered from acne on and off since I was a teen and have tried lots of antibiotic treatments which worked and then stopped working, retin-a gel, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid etc. to the point where my Doctor said there was nothing more he could do as he had tried everything, I am now 39, and had a horrendous outbreak after having a few years of beautiful clear skin. I really thought I had grown out of acne, so was horrified when this happened.

I ordered Epiduo from an online UK registered pharmacy at a cost of £38 delivered after filling out a form, they have a doctor review before dispensing. I had not heard of this treatment before, and it was like a miracle cure. I had no irritation, redness nothing. Infact it was like putting a skin rejuvenation treatment on my skin. I must add, this might be due to the fact that before using this I had been using Benzoyl peroxide 10% cream, which I now realise was far too strong, this had probably toughened my skin up, so now Epiduo was like a walk in the park. I applied it once a night, and no more than that, following with Eucerin dry skin moisturiser 15 minutes afterwards, which is for really sensitive skin, I did not apply it more often, I was very disciplined, less is more.

My skin is now back to normal, and the spots cleared up within a week of starting to use it, I now have totally clear skin, lets hope it lasts. I would encourage everyone to give it a go.

Update:

**Just thought I would add, it's now August 2015 and the Epiduo is still working well, my skin still tolerates it and I am still very happy.

Update: Unfortunately it stopped working in February 2016, acne came back.

It's a No For Me
Reviewed on July 29, 2016

I've had acne for a few years and this was the first thing I tried. I have a blurry memory with Epiduo because it was 3 years ago but it did not work

So far, so good
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

I first started using Epiduo three and a half years ago, as part of a treatment prescribed by a dermatologist. At night I had to wash my face with Avene Cold Cream soap, then apply Epiduo or Differin (I had to alternate between them). I used Avene Clean AC moisturizer in the morning, after washing my face with the soap. He also prescribed me an antibiotic. That treatment took forever to work but eventually it did, and within four months (give or take) I had flawless skin.

However, after a couple of months I stopped going to the dermatologist because it was really far away and also because my skin was looking pretty good. Eventually I stopped taking the pills because I couldn't get them without a recipe and I stopped using Epiduo and stick to Differin because I thought it was the same. My acne gradually came back.

I've tried a lot of different things since then, including over the counter products such as Estee Lauder's Clear Difference and Avene's Triacneal, but none of them really worked for me. Only now, three years later, it occured to me that it was Epiduo the one doing the trick, and not Differin. So I decided to give it a try again. I started using it daily exactly two weeks ago (I also started taking the antibiotics) and it has completely cleared all my blackheads and those skin colored comedones that are so annoying. However I've been getting a lot of red, painful pimples. I'm not sure if that's my skin purging though, because I got my period recently and I've been also eating like sh*t.

Unfortunately it has made my skin really dry and itchy. The first couple of days it also burned for like an hour after I applied it, but not anymore. In my opinion, all of that is worth it as long as it works, you just have to use a really good moisturizer with SPF. Something else I noticed is that at least for me, it doesn't make pimples go away any faster. It is, however, supposed to prevent them.

It's still too early to say if it really works for me, but I will update this review in a couple of weeks! Wish me luck.

UPDATE 07/07/2016: I've been on Epiduo for a little over 6 weeks, and honestly my skin looks so good you wouldn't believe it! I still get pimples but they are small and go away fast. I also still have some blackheads on my nose but those will probably take a little longer, I'm confident they will eventually go away. My skin is the best it has been in months. I'm so happy I decided to give this another try. Most of the side effects have disappeared, but my skin still is really dry. Honestly if you're doubting whether to try this or not, do it now! You just have to stick with it and eventually your skin will get better, pinky promise!

UPDATE 07/26/2016: I'm officially acne free. I can't remember the last time I got a new pimple. I still have hyperpigmentation and some blackheads but I'm happy! My skin is 99% clear! However, it is also extremely dry. I have to apply moisturizer several times a day and it still isn't enough. I will try to use Epiduo every two or three days, to see if the dryness is reduced. I won't stop using it, though, because if I do my acne will gradually come back.

by DoraDaDestroya on 07/31/2016 23:50
Im also on Epiduo, i found that the Cetaphil moisturisers worked really well for dry skin. Which moisturisers do you use?
by Chrissy33 on 08/27/2016 00:21
Could you provide the name of the antibiotic you are taking?
a light cream!
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

my derm gave me this and it works wonders!

after i apply it i can feel that my skin (where i applied it onto) gets a little heated, so i know that the cream is taking effect.

my pimples would be a little more dry when i wake up.

recommended!

Has worked great in combination with topical clindamycin
Reviewed on July 14, 2016

I'm 27 years old and have suffered with acne for what seems like forever. At 22, I decided to get on birth control to combat my skin problems. It worked, but I knew this was only a temporary solution. Last year in April, I decided I wanted to get off birth control because I knew it wasn't something I wanted to be in my system forever. By October, my skin was horrible again. I went to see my physician and he prescribed me epiduo. The first few months were hell! I had acne all over my chin, cheeks and an occasional huge zit or two on my neck and forehead. I regretted ever going to my physician. I sent him pictures of my skin and he immediately put me on an oral antibiotic. That seemed to help. My physician, however, didn't want me on an oral antibiotic for such a long period of time. He prescribed me a topical antibiotic, clindamycin, and together with epiduo my skin looks wonderful! I've been on both now for a good six months and looking back at pictures I couldn't believe how horrible my skin was less than a year ago. I say definitely give it a chance. I'm so glad I did. I also recommend getting the epiduo app to track your progress, that's the only way I can look back at what my skin looked like before.

Miracle product
Reviewed on July 6, 2016

I have a long on and off relation with my acne..last year I finally decided to go to a dermatologist...he prescribed me clindamycin with phosphate in the day time and deriva-BPO(very similar to epiduo...but it contains adapalene as microsphere)...I followed the regime but didn't know that this is going to make my skin very sensitive to sun....so I ended up getting really red cheeks...and it looked almost like I have burned them...I felt itchy all the time though my pimples where gone but this thing was worse than acne... so I finally left it and decided never to use it again.... after some months I again started breaking out with small zits...all over my cheeks...and I decided to try castor oil to cure it....worst decision it didn't work..and of course got worse...I went all natural and tried treating my acne with vicco turmeric cream...it actually was helpful I reducing my acne...but of course u know natural process and products got to take their own sweet time...I suddenly realized that I had deriva-BPO and I can actually remove my acne if I use it properly...so very reluctantly I decided to give it a try...I use to do my basic CTM at night..and then apply a really hydrating mask from aroma magic... since I didn't wanted to use any moisture during the treatment...and take a really small amount..and spread it across the acne prone area...and the next day I was soo surprised with the results that I couldn't believe my eyes...that I am going to have clear skin finally... within two days guys most of my acne where gone.... believe you me....if you have moderate to mild acne just go for it...and remember during this treatment period... sunscreen must be ur best friend otherwise u r for sure going to burn ur face

Didn't do anything for me
Reviewed on June 18, 2016

I used this for about 6 months with Aczone. I saw no changes one way or the other. I might as well have used nothing because there was honestly no change at all. I didn't even get an initial flare.

It's a no for me :(
Reviewed on March 15, 2016

I've already posted a review around my 2nd and 3rd month on Epiduo. As I said before, it didn't really do much at the time. I have extremely sensitive skin and it made me curious how I never experienced any sort of redness, pain, or irritation. I'm around my 4th to 5th month (still the same mild acne, maybe 5 pimples on each cheek and forehead) and I have still seen no progress at all. I recently just popped my entire face (oops...) because of the many pimples I have. I am afraid to stop the regimen due to the possibility of it causing me to break out. Maybe the regimen did work for me in a way that it reduced my acne, but didn't completely take it away. In my opinion it's a great product but it simply just didn't fit my skin, hope it works for anyone about to start and glad it worked for many people.

As of now I am starting to take 10,000 IU of Vitamin A daily while on the Epiduo regimen at night. Would anyone tell me if this is safe or a good idea? Thank you. The fight goes on...

by Lover of life on 04/10/2016 18:53
How is your skin now? I stuck out epiduo for the full 3 months, i literally didn't see any improvement until 2 months and 3 weeks in lol. My skin was breaking out like crazy and burned all the time. But now after 3 months i can happily say my skin has cleared drastically. stick it out :)
Slather it on!
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

This stuff is great - if you use 3x the recommended dose. It comes in a little pump now and I use 2 or 3 pumps twice a day, and it clears up my skin in 4 days tops. It's really drying, just like any BP product, but the results are worth it. I also love how the cream isn't grainy like many BP products are. It doesn't seem to prevent my acne quite as well as it cleared up the existing ones, which is why I decided to give Dan's regimen a try. If the regimen doesn't work better than this stuff, I will most certainly come back to it!