Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 394 reviews

Adapalene (0.1%), Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, docusate sodium, edetate disodium, glycerin, isohexadecane, poloxamer 124, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, and sorbitan oleate.

OMG FINALLY
Reviewed on November 28, 2014

So basically no OTC products worked, steivamycin worked for a short period but then became immune, benzaclin was an absolute disaster, ziana was the worst product i've ever used... So that left me with Epiduo (Tactuo where i'm from in Canada). My last chance at clear skin. Began using it, complete disaster. Bright red, dry, peeling skin. So I stopped using it after about 2 weeks. Acne got so bad that I had to force myself to go back on it. Turns out I was using it improperly the first time. Was putting way too much on the first time. PEA SIZED AMOUNT. Breakout has finally cleared and I only get about 1 or 2 spots every week now. Still gives skin a reddish tinge which I don't really like but hey it's better than a face full of acne

Regimine

Morning- wash face with cetaphil gentle cleansing bar, moisturize with Neutrogena oil free moisturizer

Night- Wash face with gentle cleansing bar, wet my finger and apply pea sized amount of epiduo all over my face, moiturize with oil free moisturizer, apply vaseline to lips and corner of mouth

THIS SAVED ME. Let's hope it keeps up.

Stick the first couple weeks of Epiduo out and you're gold!!

expensive and left me with scars
Reviewed on November 15, 2014

I've used Epiduo for 7months. I suffer from cystic acne and didn't see much improvement, on the contrary, after I started using this medicine my skin is now full of indented scars, they look like holes pockmarks and I never got scars from my acne before using epiduo. These scars can't be concealed with make-up, my skin is ruined. The only thing I can say positive about this drug and will give 2 stars is that it helped me to get rid of black spots mainly on the nose and chin but it did nothing for my cystic acne and it was very expensive. Unfortunately it didn't work for me but it might help you.

be careful
Reviewed on September 7, 2014

This stuff combined with oral erythromycin saved me. Had severe acne with pretty bad cysts and nothing else could get rid of them. Didn't notice an initial breakout because my acne was so bad an I dint really pay attention! Funny thing was I probably used it incorrectly. I would lightly wash my face with a face cloth and hot water then apply like 3 times as much as you're supposed to. I don't recommend this btw. It did burn initially but it didn't really bother me as my face was so painful already and everything else I'd tried for the past 5 months had burned like hell as well. Problem is that I kept using it for about a month or 2 after I got completely clear and it would no longer make my skin drier but I would wake up with oily skin and some little whiteheads/crusty bits on my nose (see my 07/09/14 post for the full story) and now I'm dealing with what I think is a different escalated problem. Long story short it can be a lifesaver and definitely worth a try but be careful as over use can leave you open to other problems.

by WasaMattaU on 10/06/2014 21:44
Great to hear that it cleared up your face! How long did it take for you to notice improvements?
Epiduo - this product delivers
Reviewed on September 6, 2014

I was obsessed with this site while I struggled with my adult acne so I wanted to leave a review for the product that ultimately saved my skin. I never had acne as a teenager but for some reason around 25 years old I began having problems with my skin. At 27 I was mortified to still have this problem. I work in a very professional setting and its difficult to feel confident when my face was covered in painful blemishes. I tried every over the counter option I could get my hands on and nothing worked. After two years of trying to fix this issue myself, I finally went to a dermatologist. Frankly, I wish I had just admitted I needed professional help with my acne in the first place. It would have saved me so much heart ache.

Anyway, she proscribed me epiduo along with a three month round of oral antibiotic (to help with the first few weeks when epiduo may cause flare ups). My acne did not get worse in the beginning (I think this was due to the antibiotic). My face did feel raw during the first month and the skin where my acne was the worst (chin/mouth) would get flaky and peel. I used cetaphil gentle cleanser and moisturizing lotion and this really helped alleviate those initial symptoms.

I started noticing actual improvement around week four and by week eight my confidence was already coming back. My acne had really diminished and what bumps I did have could be covered with bare-minerals foundation. Finally I am at week 16 and I don't have a single blemish on my face. I haven't been blemish-free in two years but today my face is totally clear and has been for a couple weeks now.

This product isn't an overnight cure...those don't exist and anyone who tells you they do is lying/selling something. I tried too many products with those promises and wasted so much time/money/disappointment. My advice to those of you searching this site for answers: go to your dermatologist. Go. Seriously. Now. Get your regimen and stick to it. No it won't work overnight but it will work in time if you keep up with it. You'll be so glad you did.

Wonderful!
Reviewed on September 4, 2014

I'm a teenaged girl with mild-moderate, yet persistent and painful acne consisting of papules and pustules, as well as open and closed comedons, and this has significantly cleared my skin up. I have been using Tactuo (as Epiduo is known here in Canada) for 5 months and my acne has been reduced by a good 90% which I find incredible as nothing else that I've tried has helped without damaging my skin. It's important to note that while I have extremely sensitive skin and for that reason I cannot use many popular products, including Cetephil and Dove, along with Neutrogena, Aveeno, Clean and Clear, and other similar brands, I have not had any stinging, itching or purging, as others have mentioned. I did, however, notice some mild flaking in the areas of application for the first week, as others have also mentioned, but that subsided once my skin adjusted to the medication. It is also noteworthy to mention that I used Tactuo (AKA Epiduo) bi-daily, then daily, for a good month before I noticed major results. This products is a godsend, and as I have not noticed any adverse reactions, I will continue to use it as needed until I no longer feel like my skin needs. For reference, I have had luck with using, lush skincare (Tea Tree Oil as the main active acne-fighting ingredient), Murad skincare (salicylic and glycolic acid based), and Spectro jel as a gentle, non-medicated cleanser.

Epiduo - My Life Saver!
Reviewed on August 24, 2014

The first few days were so painful using this, my skin was bright red, flaky, blotchy, itchy, inflamed, and sore. It really was painful and a few months in my skin was still purging and I came out in the worst breakout I've had for a long time. The first few days I slapped it on which was why it was so sore so I DO NOT recommend doing that. Stick to the instructions. I then reduced the application to every other day because I was so scared about how my skin was turning out, however I was keen to get results and so after my skin started to get use to this cream I religiously applied this every night after washing my face with Cetaphil cleansers and then applied Cetaphil moisturiser. I made the mistake of putting the moisturiser on straight after applying the epiduo which was dangerous because I rubbed it all over my face even my eyelids! They went swollen and red and itchy, so my advice is to apply moisturiser either an hour after or wait until the morning after washing. Epiduo took from the end of March to August to see some impressive results, I still have scars and the odd pimple but I was not in as much pain and embarrassment as I was before, I can often leave the house with little make up on, just concealer and mascara and actually feel confident. My acne was one of the triggers for my depression, however Epiduo has saved me my sanity! I would recommend it to anybody who has tried countless topical treatments. I also took Erythromycin as my doctor thought I had acne/rosacea which is why my spots were so inflamed and this has defiantly improved them. If I do get a spot, it's nowhere near as painful as it use to be, I apply a bit of epiduo and before I know it is gone!

Love love love this product, don't know where I would be without it to be honest! If anybody is debating weather to use this or worried about it then don't hesitate to contact me. I use to look at this website religiously before becoming a member to see other people's experiences and I probably wouldn't have stuck with it without other people saying to stick with it so I give the same advice !

by jackieparr on 12/07/2014 22:24
Hello! I have also began using Epiduo on exactly October 31. It is now December 7th and I am still purging breaking out:( Should I keep using this? I feel like there is a little improvement, but I feel hopeless:(
Only thing that cleared up 10 years of acne
Reviewed on August 23, 2014

The first week it felt very harsh on my skin. It was red and looked a little sunburned. After the frst week it stopped burning and you could start to see a difference in my skin. This was the ONLY thing that ever worked for my skin. My face has been clear for 7 months now.

could have been better
Reviewed on August 18, 2014

I have been using this for going on 8 months. I apply it before bed every night and wash thoroughly in the morning. I did notice results in the first month, but noting dramatic. My skin burned, reddened, itched, and cracked after using this product for two weeks. Many months later, my results have plummeted and I see no difference since the first month. I feel like this is a good product for other people but it just didn't do it for me. Hope this helped. :)

Great product, Just takes time
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

Epiduo cleared about 85-90% of my acne so far and i'm on week 8 it just kicked in working quick on pimples. You must use the right amount of it directed or your skin could get very dry. Also you must give epiduo time just like other new regimens. I take monodox(Doxycycline) along side with Epiduo and i use 5/2 cleanser i got at my dermatologist. It makes your skin sensitive and you can develop skin pigmentation from acne if you mess with them. I would recommend it to someone who's looking for an awesome acne treatment.

Excellent product!
Reviewed on August 14, 2014

My derm recommended it to me just few days ago and so far it has been an excellent product. Doesnt make my skin red like other bp products, but it does tend to dry your skin a lot so after applying a thin layer of it I use Hyalix (in my country it has that name) that is a very simple hypoallergenic hidratation gel.