Overall rating: 4.3 / 5

Recommended by 74% of visitors

Average price: $16.95

Most helpful review

By Christine, CA on 08/31/2012

I have VERRRY acne prone skin. I use this product along with a 30% glycolic acid serum daily and I do a home chemical peel (glycolic acid/salicylic acid) weekly and I never break out anymore. I struggled with acne every since I was 12 and finally conquered it at the age of 22. EMU OIL IS DOES NOT CLOG PORES. Use only certified pure emu oil and use only products that does not contain ingredients that will irritate your skin..

Pros:
  • Reduces inflammation, absorbs pretty quickly, leaves skin soft, helps acne redness, DOES NOT clog pores (do your research people!)
Cons:
  • Texture is oily so use sparingly!

25 out of 39 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I have Had acne since i was 12 years old! I am now 26 years old and have tried everything nothing helps. Emu oil is really working and I have only used it for 6 days! I love it plus it also works when i have a headache I use it on my forehead and the headache goes away! Awesome product!!! I still have acne but it is clearing so I am going to keep using it and see if it will clear all the way up!

Pros

• The redness is gone, acne is clearing up! Also I have cyst type acne and its very painful well the emu oil makes it feel alot better!

Cons

• Oily
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Great product if you have dry pealing skin and get razor burn. When I have peeling dry skin, I put a FEW drops on my fingers, then drip hot water over the drops and on my fingers, then rub it in over the areas that are peeling. The warmness of the water added to the oil makes it glide on the skin much easier, and you will see the flakes of skin on your fingers as emu oil just makes it slide off. Its kind of like a exfolating agent in that sense. This is perfect for the side effects I get from retin-a, the peeling and redness and dryness, emu oil gets rid of it.

Even though emu oil creates an unfriendly environment for bacteria, hence it should help acne, it does clog pores. So if you have oilly skin to begin with, using this as a moisturizer would probably not help your acne, and might make it worse. Dont use this stuff all over your face, just areas that need extra moisturizing or healing. Emu oil is the best for that! Expensive but lasts very long. Got mine at [link removed].

Pros

• Cures my razor burn if i put it on after I shave. Completely rids my skin of peeling. Counters the nasty side effects of Retin-A. Kills bacteria.

Cons

• IT IS COMODOGENIC! CONTAINS OLEIC ACID IS PORE CLOGGING. DONT BELIEVE THE CRACK POTS WHO TELL YOU IT WONT CLOG PORES!!! Kills bacteria yes, but..... will clog pores...
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 29.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using Emu oil on and off for about 3 months now and I love it. It cleared this sun spot I had on my finger in less than a week. It works great on uneven skin tone like that. It hasn't caused me more acne and I'm really prone to acne, however, I don't use it everyday. I have been using it lately because my retin A combined with the dry cold air right now is drying my skin out like I've never experienced before; emu oil is the best moisturizer for that kind of problem I've found. I love the way it looks on my skin - it makes my skin look really healthy when I use it. I definitely use it after I get a micro or laser treatment and it works great as a healing agent. I love emu oil and I don't think it causes more acne, but I'm not confident enough to put in on every night yet.

Pros

• heals burns, reduces marks left by acne, moisturizes dry skin, evens out skin tone, goes great under mineral makeup

Cons

• can be a bit oily and I dont fully trust it yet to not cause more acne
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

I recommend it!

Pros

• Make my skin feel smooth. Use it as a night cream. Skin looks healthy

Cons

• none
  • very light
  • for a few months
  • $ 16
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Fabulous product, how wonderful to be able to utilize the by product of the emu and not let any of the bird to go to waste. If your lookiong for a naturall cure, try this!!!! I LOVE IT! I am so excited to see what this does with long term usage, because the results so far are phenomenal! I have suffered from acne since I was 15 and am now 27. I wish I would learned of this product sooner!!

God Bless You All!!!

Pros

• Heals Acne, scarring (including scar tissue!), burns, cuts, sore muscles.

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 40
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I just started using emu oil, and I am quite pleased! I am 37 years old, and had always had beautiful skin until I had kids.... now I have what they call "adult acne" (!?) I've also noticed that the older I get, the more dry my skin becomes. But with emu oil, I apply it at night ( around 8pm ) and well into the next day ( it's around 1:30pm) my skin feels super soft, and NOT AT ALL oily.

And it doesn't aggravate my "adult acne". In fact, they seem to be getting smaller, and less irritated. I also like how it soothes and diminishes the red splotches I get on my face after I take a shower. I realize that this product may not work for everyone, but I am definitely pleased.

I buy emu oil that is Triple-Distilled and Molecularly Distilled, so it is less oily, less thick, and not smelly. It is a little more expensive, but well worth it! A small bottle lasts a few months, because a little DOES go a long way!! I wish I had known about this product sooner!! :)

Pros

• Super soft skin, helped reduce inflammation, long lasting effects

Cons

• None
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 30
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I mixed this with shea butter (shea butter works great for me) and decided to use it on my face and body. While this worked great on my body and faded burn marks that I had for over 25 years (I can hardly see them), this irritated my face. It made my face itchy and acne began to appear. When I stopped using the emu oil on my face, my face cleared up. I will continue to use it on my body though and highly recommend it for that.

Pros

• fades burn marks

Cons

• irritated my face and made me break out
  • very light
  • for about a month
  • $ 13
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

So I have heard that Emu Oil works wonders with scarring. I think it does.

But it also blocks pores and gave me acne. The best way to use this product is with accutane or roaccutane.

I am going to be put on roaccutane soon, so I will return and give a review while im on the medication.

Until then : )

Pros

• May help reduce scarring.

Cons

• Gave me acne, Has a weird smell, strange texture, Blocks Pores.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 40
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It helped get rid of ALL acne and scarring on my forehead and nose. I use it everynight before bedtime, and in the morning I wake up with no red marks! I used to have horrible acne on my forehead which left really bad scars, but after using the emu oil for about a month both the acne and the scars were gone. I am so glad my mom told me about this. This is an amazing product!

Pros

• Does not clog pores, heals readness and scarring quickly

Cons

• Oily texture, feels somewhat greasy on your face.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is a great, cheap product that helps head any and all scar tissue. It also clears acne.

Pros

• Healed scar tissue on my problematic piercing. AMAZING!!!

Cons

• NONE!!
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 12.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.