Emu Oil reviews

4.3/5 - 82 reviews

Great moisturizer for dried out acne product skin
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

I haven't noticed any anti blemish activity with this, I didn't use it very long. I was using retinol which was disasterous for my skin, red, peely, flakey and extremely dry. This emu oil was the only reason I could use retinol. My acne got sooo bad. I'm fairly positive it was the retinol because it was happening before the use of emu oil. I've ditched the retinol forever. I'm using salicylic acid 30% peels. I keep it on my face for about and hour once a week, and apply my 10% glycolic acid lotion afterwords. In addition to that I use BP everyday. I've had to go to 5% because of the dryness of the acids. But my face is still dry!, I put half emu oil half green tea moisturizer iny hands and apply it to my face at night. It is SSOOO silky, and the tight stretched feeling going away ASAP. I wouldn't say it's greasy as much as I'd say it is an extraordinary moisturizer. If I were to use during the day under makeup I'd use only 2 or so drops. My skin feels like silk right now.... I love it!

Love it
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

I have been using this for about 4 months now. At first I used it in the morning and in the evening but now I only use it before bed because it's so greasy and it makes my skin look so shiny.

It has reduced the appearance of my post inflammation hyper pigmentation and it leaves your skin feeling really soft.

Reviewed on March 22, 2013

Works great for me! Have used it for about 3 months and have seen great results. For those of you who believe that Emu Oil can clog pores I have researched it and it does not.

"But since it is oil, won’t it clog my pores?

Not emu oil. The Department of Dermatology, at University of Texas Medical School, showed that emu oil in concentrations of up to 100% is non-comedogenic (will not clog pores). This is one reason it is so popular in cosmetic applications."

Reviewed on January 10, 2013

I love emu oil so much it has completely healed my skin from old acne marks from when I was breaking out. It keeps my skin more moisturized while using BPO daily. I love it. Want to know more read my blog entry about emu oil [link removed]

Reviewed on January 7, 2013

I've used this oil every night for about a year. At first, I didn't see much of a difference but I persisted. It really paid off. I can't say it does miracles, because I do still get pimples (because of hormones). However, this oil has done SO MUCH for skin. It hydrates better than any cream, and even if it does feel oily, it's a natural oil that's GOOD for your skin. My scars have slowly faded, and my skin is just overall healthier. I recommend this to everyone.

Reviewed on November 25, 2012

I bought emu oil on Amazon and it has not helped my acne whatsoever. I don’t want this purchase to go to waste, so I’ve been using it as a nighttime eye moisturizer and the results have been beautiful (it lengthens and strengthens your eyelashes).

Reviewed on August 31, 2012

I have VERRRY acne prone skin. I use this product along with a 30% glycolic acid serum daily and I do a home chemical peel (glycolic acid/salicylic acid) weekly and I never break out anymore. I struggled with acne every since I was 12 and finally conquered it at the age of 22. EMU OIL IS DOES NOT CLOG PORES. Use only certified pure emu oil and use only products that does not contain ingredients that will irritate your skin.

Reviewed on July 1, 2012

I applied emu oil every other day for a couple weeks over some non-acne scars I had on my chest and a HUGE cyst erupted (about an inch in diameter) and I NEVER get acne on my chest. I cannot safely say the emu oil was the cause but it seems likely. The scars look like they have improved, but that might be a placebo.

Reviewed on June 25, 2012

Hasn't really done anything to my stubborn back acne red marks.