Edge Active Care Shave Gel, Ultra Sensitive, For Razor Bumps

Average price: $4.39

Brand: Edge

Most helpful review

By Mikey, MA on 07/10/2005

This product works pretty well. The smell isnt bad, but its because of the aloe inside that it makes it smell so distinct but it is bearable. It does leave your skin feeling smooth and it doesnt clog your pores.

92 out of 180 people found this review helpful

Water, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sunflower Seed Oil Glyceride, Isopentane, Sorbitol, Isobutane, Benzyl Alcohol, Lauryl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Triclosan, Allantoin, Benzaldehyde, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour.

Member reviews

By on

Pros

• Good for my skin, smells ok and works good

Cons

• Need to purchase some, but shere?
  • for about a year
  • $ 4.79
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

Bottom Line=Wonderful product!!!

Sales department is poor. No,it is worse than poor. Sales dept or manager should be FIRED!!

Now, I have to find a equal or better product.

It is going to be very difficult.

Pros

• Edge Active Care shaving cream is highly excellent.

Cons

• The company has a POOR SALES ORGANIZATION!
  • The product is great, so, the problem has to be sales department.
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It's not that often that a product actually lives up to it's claims but this one does. I don't know about the "bumps" never really had those, but I am constantly getting small nicks and cuts. This product eliminated that. Leaves your face feeling softened and smooth. It does have an oddly bland smell which I could best describe as wet cardboard. Considering how will it performed the smell was perfectly acceptable.

Unfortunately it looks like Edge has discontinued the product and has a new similar one called Edge Ultra Sensitive. Don't know if this is the same formulation or not.

The Edge chemists came up with a winner in this product but it looks like their ad agency didn't know what to do with it and managed to kill the product.

Pros

• Best shave I have ever had. Use it every other day as recommended and it makes a big difference.

Cons

• Smell, but that is minor really.
  • very light
  • for about a year
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This works about the same as other Edge gels, but it smells terrible. All Edge gels are non-comedogenic, so even though this one works, do yourself a favor and get a more bearable one

Pros

• Works well, doesn't block pores

Cons

• unbearable smell
  • for about a month
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is one of the best I've used, it doesn't block pores, and it contains triclosan. However, I can't bring myself to use it because it smells truly awful. I couldn't take it anymore, so I quit and switched to something else after less than two weeks. Good brand, but try something with a tolerable scent.

Pros

• Works pretty well

Cons

• Smells terrible
  • for a few weeks
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.