e.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation reviews

Brand: e.l.f.

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethoxydiglycol, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Magnesium Sulphate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cinnamomum Camphor Bark Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Aloe Barbadenis Leaf Juice, Hexapeptide-9, Hamamelis Briginiana (Witch Hazel) Water. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

e.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation

Updating this to be 4 stars!
Reviewed on March 9, 2016

This foundation is above average, but doesn't quite have the mattifying effect that I'm looking for. My skin frequently gets oily by the end of the day, and this foundation melts off easier. It is indeed matte right when it goes on, but requires a couple of layers for full coverage. That said, as a comparison between this one and Clinique Acne Solutions liquid makeup, GO WITH THIS ONE. You get the same amount of product at a much cheaper price, with a better coverage (I got some random small raised bumps with the Clinique one, and no bumps with this one), and e.l.f. is a cruelty-free brand. Can't get better than that.

Anyhow--overall, a solid foundation. It comes in relatively few colours, but they blend well--and buying two of these is still only half the cost of the Clinique one. And they last FOREVER. Good stuff.

UPDATE: I still use this foundation. Haven't found anything better on the market, and the wear definitely lasts all day. If you use the little oil blotting sheets in tandem with this foundation, it looks good as new pretty much all the time. (I have mostly oily skin, but can be combination in dry months.) If it stayed matte all day, I'd give it five stars--but this foundation plus the e.l.f. Perfect Finish HD powder gives a soft texture to my otherwise-scarred face, so I'm grateful these exist.

Good coverage, but not too great
Reviewed on December 15, 2016

Elf products are a life saver when trying not to spend so much money. I came across this foundation when I noticed I had a few bumps here and there. Noticing it was an ACNE Fighting Foundation I decided to try it out. However, this stuff left my face super oily, and my bumps were more noticeable. I wish it did more good coverage.

Favorite foundation!
Reviewed on January 19, 2016

I LOVE this foundation. It has perfect coverage and has never made me breakout! This is the only foundation I've tried so far that hasn't irritated my skin. I haven't noticed it clearing up breakouts any faster, but it's still a winner in my book! The finish is matte, but after 30 minutes of wear it looks more natural and satin. It will last me all day! I have combination, very sensitive skin.

Great coverage
Reviewed on February 25, 2015

I love it! Just go mine today because of the appeal in the ingrediant list. It gives me a really good full coverage and I'm not a makeup girl. Can't wait to see how it goes

by samanthugh on 06/03/2015 00:36
How has it worked so far?
by nailpolishlover on 07/14/2015 22:04