Duricef Cefadroxil Oral Antibiotic reviews

4.7/5 - 3 reviews

Brand: Duricef

Cefadroxil.

Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, simethicone emulsion, and titanium dioxide, D&C Red No. 28, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, gelatin, magnesium stearate, and titanium dioxide.

Used to Clear Cysts and Combat Initial Breakout from Accutane
Reviewed on December 3, 2015

I started this a month prior to accutane in conjunction with Retin A. By the time I started isotretinoin my skin was already a thousand times better than it had been. My doctor had me take this for my first three months of treatment so I wouldnt get the dreaded initial breakout. I never got any increased in cysts and my skin just kept getting better and better everyday. I swear by this stuff over steroids which is the general go to for IB. I've asked to be put on it again as I got an IB from spironolactone and will update my review in a week or so to document its effectiveness. I had never heard of this antibiotic for acne before or at all but it's a first generation cephalosporin antibiotic so it's use is not as common as other classes. Definitely worth trying for everyone and worth nothing this is not a cillin or a mycin for those who may be allergic to them.

by Hls1209 on 09/18/2016 01:59
Did the spiro work for you? I have a prescription for it but am afraid to take it. How long did it take cefadroxil to work for you?
Anonymous
Reviewed on March 18, 2011

I've been taking this for a week and i know it's early for a review but it has cleared my inflamed acne completely I now only have a few clogged pores and post acne red marks but absolutely no inflamed pimples it's great!!

Me, SC
Reviewed on July 20, 2010

After trying different kinds of antibiotics and topicals I finally came to a regimen that kept me happy for quite a few years. I am not sure how it will work if taken separately, but all together did miracles for me. For a few years I was taking Cefadroxil + Yazmin orally and Duricef (Adalpene) topicaly. Silky, clean skins was such a reward after years of struggling. When we started planning pregnancy I got off of all of them gradually. Latest thing my derm prescribed was Erythromicin gel. Its been about a week and I cant even look at my chin - its all inflamed. Cant wait to go back to the Cefadroxil/Yaz/Differin combination!