Page 5 of Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1290 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

Too expensive for the results
Reviewed on August 4, 2013

I have acne and blackheads on face and back. I have no cystic acne. This product worked okay for me, but was not good enough for the expense. I used it for almost a year but am happier using another product that works better for me and is less costly by a lot.

Benzaclin works; you should try it!
Reviewed on July 13, 2013

I have been using benzaclin for two years. It has gotten rid of my small whitehead infestation. I use it twice a day; once in the AM and once at bedtime. The first three weeks my skin was sooo dry. But after those first three weeks, my skin adjusted to the medication and now my skin is clear and smooth.

Best find ever
Reviewed on June 16, 2013

I have been using benzaclin for about a year now and I have seen tremendous results. I have found that this product works extremely fast and help reduce my acne within a matter of 2 weeks for it to work. I noticed that it does not help deep bumps that I have but helps more so the surface bumps. I had white heads all over my nose and forehead and it was extremely embarrassing and ruined my confidence alot. I would avoid looking people in the eye it was so bad. I use benzaclin paired differin 0.3% and they both work together like a charm. The only thing that is bad about this product is that it can be drying if I use it twice a day as prescribed. I just use and oil free oil reducer moisturizer and it seems to be working fine. Therefore I think this product would be good for anyone with mild-moderate acne.

Didn't work for me
Reviewed on June 5, 2013

I used this product for a few months & saw no difference to my skin at all. It didn't prevent any new breakouts - just made my skin ridiculously dry & didn't help the spots I already had. I do, however, know a few people that it has worked for!

Holy Grail
Reviewed on June 1, 2013

My brother who has worse acne than me was prescribed this and his acne has cleared up significantly after only using it for a few days. So I tried it out. The medication is a combo of an antibiotic to kill off the bacteria inside pimples (the white stuff) and also another medication that is capable of penetrating pimples due to it's unique chemical compound. This is the key to why benzaclin is so effective compared to other drugs. Since it's two drugs in one, it makes it easier to use and much more likely to be effective as well. Just after day 1 my hyperpigmentation marks were less red and overall appearance was slightly better. But that's just me. Day two, still improving. Been only a few days I honestly feel everything flushing out and I've been having little to no dryness. My oil slick of a face is a normal face. It's absolutely amazing how simple the pharmacology is behind it but how it hasn't been thought of sooner.

Reviewed on May 22, 2013

Its good but not as good as quinoderm!...Apply once a day! I was using it but i prefer quinoderm faster results and better cause it comes in a gel dont know if thats why it takes long to be absorbed by skin :S i dont know this stuff but i know quinoderm is better! Wow and look at the price quinoderms like a fiver!

Reviewed on April 26, 2013

I told myself that I would write a review when I found a product that works. I'm 26 years old and have had acne since my early 20's, which has gotten progressively worse every year. This past year, I was getting several new cystic pimples every day and felt completely hopeless. I tried proactiv, expensive products such as kate somerville, retinoid creams, every brand of salycylic acid face wash out there, you name it.... and nothing seemed to work. Finally I was prescribed Benzaclin and within a week my face was starting to heal. It's been over a month and I have not had a single new pimple! I actually feel normal again. My face is soft, smooth and even. I LOVE this product and wish I had discovered it sooner. If you can relate to my suffering with acne, do not hesitate to try this product!!! Side note - there were some itchy dry side effects at first. They do go away, just use in tiny little amounts with lots of moisturizer. Your skin will adapt.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

This is the best topical acne medication I have ever used. I tend to get blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples. My skin didn't start breaking out until I turned 20 (now 23). My face is clear unless it is that time of the month, even then I only get a couple blemishes. Although eating right helps a great deal. I have learned that if I eat any sugar or dairy products I break out even with benzaclin, just not as bad. As a side note, this used to cost me $50 with insurance, now it's $10.

Reviewed on March 28, 2013

Use it to very effectively clear up moderate to severe acne on shoulders/back/neck. Just be prepared to wait a few months for results!

I would not recommend this for use on your face.

Reviewed on March 13, 2013

My doc told me to just apply to specific spots. I tried it for a few weeks, and was disappointed. Then I decided I might as well just use up the container, and started applying it to the whole effected area. Then it started working like magic. It's best at preventing breakouts, which I think is part of why it took a while for me to notice its effects. It's worked great, and I've been using it consistently for several years. Acne went from moderate/ moderately severe to light/ very light.