Page 5 of Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1303 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

Didn't make a difference
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

Used this for about a week and couldn't stand it any longer. It gave me a horrible allergic reaction and caused all my eyes and mouth to become very very itchy.

This stuff saved my skin
Reviewed on October 20, 2013

I got acne about two years ago and it started to get progressively worse to the point where i didn't have a single clear patch on my face. It was completely covered in large painful red bumps. I went to the derm and he prescribed epiduo, which completely destroyed my skin. It made my acne 2x worse and my skin very sensitive, dry, and it burned whenever i touched it. After stopping epiduo i left my skin alone for a year out of fear that trying another product would just make it worse. My acne stayed just as bad and my skin just as sensitive. Then I went to my GP for a check up and told her about my acne issues, and she prescribed benzaclin. After 1 month my acne had gone down drastically. Now, 3 months in my skin is completely clear and baby smooth, and 50% of my hyperpigmentation is gone!!! This stuff really saved my skin and self confidence:)

Amazing!!! Only thing that works!
Reviewed on October 8, 2013

I've had acne since I was about 11, and this product has been the only thing that has cleared up 95% of it to what my skin is like today.

I have previously tried everything: Panoxyl 10% Wash, Isotretinoin Gel, Zineryt, Limocycline, Quinoderm and none of them have gotten rid of my spots completely! I was fed up with trying all of these products that didn't work, until I went to my doctor. They asked me if I wanted to try benzoyl peroxide one last time and then take something orally, but I decided to try benzoyl peroxide again as it had been the only thing in the past that had actually MADE A DIFFERENCE, despite the fact that it dried out my skin and bleached my clothes and towels.

Just a little background information: I have quite oily skin, and I am prone to whiteheads, blackheads and the occasional nodule on my forehead, sides of my cheeks and chin.

I was prescribed about two months ago Duac Once Daily to use in the evening once a day, and Isotretinoin Gel to use in the morning (this wasn't necessary but just in case). My skin was really bad before I got my prescription, but when I started using the Duac my face cleared up SO QUICKLY! Within the first few weeks, most of my spots were going and my face was becoming less oily! One month later, and literally up to 98% of my spots had gone and my skin wasn't oily anymore - I was even getting COMPLIMENTS on my skin, for the first time in my life!!! I can't believe it, coming from me who has oily skin which I hated but is now under control with the right face wash and moisturizer. I don't even use the Isotretinoin Gel, just Duac still once a day every day and it works wonders! It is the only thing that has truly worked for me, I'm recommending it to all of my friends!

If you use "natural" products like tea tree oil and are reluctant to use so called "chemicals" like this on your face, PLEASE GIVE IT A CHANCE! Natural stuff will not have as quick, reliable and thorough results as this! Natural stuff only works if you have like 3 spots on your face, you HAVE to use some kind of chemicals!

*I have gone from having around 50 spots on my face to about 5!!! That is how amazing this is*

However, there are a few downsides. One, this WILL bleach fabrics. Make sure to wash your hands after you apply the product to stop it bleaching things you touch, and dry your hands on an OLD TOWEL. ***MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN OLD TOWEL THAT YOU DON'T MIND GETTING BLEACHED TO DRY YOUR FACE/HANDS ON, AS DUAC WILL BLEACH FABRICS*** So please be careful - it will bleach towels even if you only touch them once.

Also, if you have dry/sensitive skin this may be a little harsh for you so use it sparingly, however since I had oily and not sensitive skin I was fine with using quite a lot as it made my skin go from oily >> normal, not normal >> dry.

So yeah, I 100% RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!! IT WORKED WONDERS FOR ME WITH QUICK RESULTS!!! I cannot tell you how amazing this is if you have moderate acne.

Adult Acne and Duac has been amazing!
Reviewed on October 6, 2013

I'm a 40 year old woman who has suffered with acne for as long as I can remember. Since having my kids it has actually got worse. Antibiotics have helped for a while but eventually the effects seem to wear off. In August this year whilst enjoying the amazing weather we were having on holiday in Cornwall I had the biggest cyst type spots appear all over my chin meaning I had to wear make up continually on the beach as I was so ashamed. I went back to my GP who changed my antibiotics but also prescribed Duac. My last experience of a cream antibiotic was years ago and my face inflamed so badly I'd always refused to try this option again however I felt I had no option but to try. So I read all these reviews first and decided to try the Duac just on my chin first and see how my skin reacted. I did get a little redness and dryness during the first 10 days but nothing that noticeable. I continued to use it for a month and have not had one spot!! I have however had a few on my forehead where I haven't used Duac. I am now using Duac all over my T zone on my face and really can't believe the difference. I know I sound like some cliched US advert but I was cynical that it could work but for me it really has. I am so so glad I have tried it and can't believe I have clear skin for the first time EVER!!!!

Nothing special.
Reviewed on October 4, 2013

A couple of my friends recommended this to me saying it was the best acne cream theyd ever tried. So instead of refilling my prescription for tactuo (epiduo), i asked my doctor for this. Although it reduced the size of my pimples, i still had the same amount of acne. I can see how it could work for some people, however i think my skin does better with a smaller dosage of benzoyl peroxide. For now ill stick to tactuo which wasnt perfevt but cleared 80% of my breakouts.

Amazing
Reviewed on September 19, 2013

This gel was by far the best thing that ever worked on my acne. I wish I could've kept using it but it was no longer available to me. The only problem I had, that was my own fault, was extremely sensitive skin after overusing the product. You HAVE TO work your way into using more. DO NOT go overboard right away or will have extremely irritated skin. I did not use sunscreen while using this product and suffered blisters after spending a day outside. BAD IDEA. So just make sure to moisturize and use SPF like an Albino. Stick to a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil.

Worked well...
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

I think Duac is middle of the road. It works well for spot treatment but tends to be too harsh for put all over. Plus, expensive!

Does the trick... kind of.
Reviewed on September 8, 2013

I am a 14 years old female. I started getting acne around 11/12 years old just as I was starting high school. (On face, neck, check and back.) At first it didn't affect me, but as you grow up you become more insecure and self conscious about the way you look. Therefore I tried everything I could get my hands on. I spent hours watching YouTube videos, and searching up methods to get rid of acne. I went to the doctors twice about my skin. The first time I was recommended 'Zinc', it wasn't great, I can't remember if it cleared my skin, but I am guessing it didn't as I stopped. About a year later, March 2013, I went back, this time I was prescribed 'duac once daily gel'. At first it made my skin worse, and it took a while to work. For the first couple weeks/months my skin was burn, tingly, flake, and I had red patches. I was even more upset about my skin. I hated moisturizing as it seems to give me spots too. Therefore I rarely did. But around the 3rd month my skin was looking a lot better, less spots, on hormonal. It was such a big improvement. However at some points I did break out, and it made me really upset. I was about 4 months into it, when I gave up (July) and I haven't used it since. My skin is breaking out again, and I am once again insecure and annoyed about it!

Although I wasn't successful, I would still recommend it. Just because it wasn't great on my skin, doesn't mean it won't work on yours. Try it! But don't let spots get you down, a lot of people have them. Life is too short to get annoyed over them, they will eventually go!

Best BP product I've tried
Reviewed on August 25, 2013

I'd say it'd one of the stronger ones out there, but my skin is just so oily that it becomes "normal" when i apply it (yay). I'm actually starting it up again after trying the natural route (which didn't work out for me), but while I was on it the first two times it definitely cleared up my extremely severe acne, with the use of minocycline as an oral and vitamin A topical at night. Needless to say, it does it's job, going to see whether it works on cystic acne, which i've been getting lately :(

Masterpiece
Reviewed on August 20, 2013

I had pretty huge pustules/cysts before I started using this combined with Oral Antibiotic and first it acutally made it worse and more oily but after a couple of weeks the bumps and pustules/cysts started to shrink and overall it made a really good job pre-accutane. I strongly recommend this stuff. As for now I use this as a spot treatment and it works great! I wash my face pat it dry and after 5minutes I dab Duac into my face and it dries quickly.