Page 5 of Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1297 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

Worked well...
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

I think Duac is middle of the road. It works well for spot treatment but tends to be too harsh for put all over. Plus, expensive!

Does the trick... kind of.
Reviewed on September 8, 2013

I am a 14 years old female. I started getting acne around 11/12 years old just as I was starting high school. (On face, neck, check and back.) At first it didn't affect me, but as you grow up you become more insecure and self conscious about the way you look. Therefore I tried everything I could get my hands on. I spent hours watching YouTube videos, and searching up methods to get rid of acne. I went to the doctors twice about my skin. The first time I was recommended 'Zinc', it wasn't great, I can't remember if it cleared my skin, but I am guessing it didn't as I stopped. About a year later, March 2013, I went back, this time I was prescribed 'duac once daily gel'. At first it made my skin worse, and it took a while to work. For the first couple weeks/months my skin was burn, tingly, flake, and I had red patches. I was even more upset about my skin. I hated moisturizing as it seems to give me spots too. Therefore I rarely did. But around the 3rd month my skin was looking a lot better, less spots, on hormonal. It was such a big improvement. However at some points I did break out, and it made me really upset. I was about 4 months into it, when I gave up (July) and I haven't used it since. My skin is breaking out again, and I am once again insecure and annoyed about it!

Although I wasn't successful, I would still recommend it. Just because it wasn't great on my skin, doesn't mean it won't work on yours. Try it! But don't let spots get you down, a lot of people have them. Life is too short to get annoyed over them, they will eventually go!

Best BP product I've tried
Reviewed on August 25, 2013

I'd say it'd one of the stronger ones out there, but my skin is just so oily that it becomes "normal" when i apply it (yay). I'm actually starting it up again after trying the natural route (which didn't work out for me), but while I was on it the first two times it definitely cleared up my extremely severe acne, with the use of minocycline as an oral and vitamin A topical at night. Needless to say, it does it's job, going to see whether it works on cystic acne, which i've been getting lately :(

Masterpiece
Reviewed on August 20, 2013

I had pretty huge pustules/cysts before I started using this combined with Oral Antibiotic and first it acutally made it worse and more oily but after a couple of weeks the bumps and pustules/cysts started to shrink and overall it made a really good job pre-accutane. I strongly recommend this stuff. As for now I use this as a spot treatment and it works great! I wash my face pat it dry and after 5minutes I dab Duac into my face and it dries quickly.

review for spot treatment!
Reviewed on August 18, 2013

sometimes it helps and clear pimple perfectly, sometimes i have feeling that pimple should heal faster without it

My experience of Duac
Reviewed on August 17, 2013

I have been using duac for around 3 weeks now and within the first week my skin had basically cleared up!!

My skin before this was marked, cystic and terrible. However once into the second week of duac my skin started to break out again!

I don't know if this was hormonal or a normal thing with duac, to work and then stop for a bit?

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this and whether I should continue to use it?

I'm hoping this is just a stage and it will work again soon!

Thanks!

Beth

Wow works wonders
Reviewed on August 6, 2013

I didn't expect this gel to work this fast but in just over 7 days I have perfectly clear acne free skin, with a combination of drinking 2 litres of water, 1 litre of lemon mixed with water and limiting dairy and also taking cezarette mini pills my skins never looked better, I think out all of these when I started using the gel which was last of these it's worked to clear my forehead and cheeks of acne and even though I started eating a bit more junk food lately it's still controlled it so well. So happy

Too expensive for the results
Reviewed on August 4, 2013

I have acne and blackheads on face and back. I have no cystic acne. This product worked okay for me, but was not good enough for the expense. I used it for almost a year but am happier using another product that works better for me and is less costly by a lot.

Benzaclin works; you should try it!
Reviewed on July 13, 2013

I have been using benzaclin for two years. It has gotten rid of my small whitehead infestation. I use it twice a day; once in the AM and once at bedtime. The first three weeks my skin was sooo dry. But after those first three weeks, my skin adjusted to the medication and now my skin is clear and smooth.

Best find ever
Reviewed on June 16, 2013

I have been using benzaclin for about a year now and I have seen tremendous results. I have found that this product works extremely fast and help reduce my acne within a matter of 2 weeks for it to work. I noticed that it does not help deep bumps that I have but helps more so the surface bumps. I had white heads all over my nose and forehead and it was extremely embarrassing and ruined my confidence alot. I would avoid looking people in the eye it was so bad. I use benzaclin paired differin 0.3% and they both work together like a charm. The only thing that is bad about this product is that it can be drying if I use it twice a day as prescribed. I just use and oil free oil reducer moisturizer and it seems to be working fine. Therefore I think this product would be good for anyone with mild-moderate acne.