Page 5 of Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1278 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

Reviewed on February 9, 2013

I had suffered from acne since I was in the 6th grade and now at the age of 21 I have finally found the answer to my prayers. I suffered from cystic acne to the regular blemishes that would occur around that time of the month and with this product my skin is 100% clear. In highschool I used this product as well and it worked but got too lazy to get represcribed and remembered how great it worked then and it is just as successful now as then. :)

Reviewed on February 2, 2013

I'm 20 and my acne was light to mild and caused by hormonal imbalance. Nothing cleared it up completley except this. I don't have to wear makeup anymore! I've been using this for 3 months, 6 nights a week.

Reviewed on February 1, 2013

had acne just under 4 years tryed a lot of things from the doc and shops like docxy and tea tree and that seem to make it worse, try this defo the best thing i have used and works fast :)

Reviewed on January 29, 2013

Apparently, this is supposed to be a great product, with positive results, however, the side effects for my are unbareable.

Reviewed on January 16, 2013

It's life changing and feeling good about yourself is priceless!

Reviewed on January 12, 2013

This is one of the best products I have ever used and I highly recommend it. Although it seems expensive, you use very little of it on your skin, that it doesn't run out easily. Good for people with sensitive skin, works very quickly, and when used consistently you can have clear skin quickly. This is so good, best product ever! Very happy!

Reviewed on December 10, 2012

Prescribed this with other topicals. The retinoids I used worked, but this did nothing for me. It was given/used as a spot treatment. Only made my skin red/itchy/irritated and dry and flaky where applied. I think I'm just allergic to BP in general, as it appears that its in this med and I had massive trouble on a larger scale when I tried the acne.org regimen's BP on my face, as well.

Reviewed on November 27, 2012

I'm a 19 year old female with hormonal acne that has not cleared with OTC products. My acne was described by the dermatologist as 'very mild'. I consistently had a few small spots on my forehead, clogged pores on my chin and about 7 whiteheads across my cheeks at any given time, which occasional huge and painfully breakouts next to my eyebrows.

I was put on oral antibiotics and Duac nearly two weeks ago now. The OAs aren't working, but...

The Duac works.

At first I was horrified by the side effects. However, I persevered, and they've subsided vastly. Now my forehead and next to my eyebrows are 100% clear. My chin has less clogs too.

My cheeks have cleared up considerably. I now am getting very small clogged pores instead of white heads, and nowhere near as wide spread as before. I have some post acne marks that fade well with lemon juice.

Every morning I woah with a natural, peppermint based soap and moisturize with 1-2 drops of pure jojoba oil. At night time I wash with the same soap, then apply Duac to my dry skin on my forehead, next to my eyebrows, on my upper cheeks and chin. I wait for this to dry and then apply jojoba oil, being careful not to spread the Duac with the jojoba.

A few words of warning: Stay completely away from your eyes, mouth, and where you'd get smile lines. I left too small a gap between the Duac and my eyebags and my eyes swelled up like a cartoon character. Allow the Duac and moisturizer to dry fully before letting your hair or bedding touch your face. Wear at least factor 30 sunscreen during the day whilst using this cream, even if you only apply it at night. I recommend the ROC brand. Stop picking at your skin, it'll make your acne multiply and spread.

Reviewed on November 21, 2012

Two days after I began using Duac, I noticed a big difference. I wasn't getting any new spots, and the ones I had were slowly starting to fade away, leaving my skin smoother than it had been in months!

On the third day, I started using it during the day and applying moisturiser before and sometimes after I put it on. This significantly increased the burning sensation and got so bad, it caused burns across my face!

It wasn't until I went back over my routine that I realised it was combining badly with whatever was in the moisturiser (i used three different ones -- all stung!). Same thing happened with my foundation. I noticed that other people were reporting excessive burning and had to stop using it. I decided to stop moisturising during the night and only during the day when I had washed the duac off, and my skin took to the duac fine again - and cleared up within two weeks!

I would advise people to be cautious about whatever products they combine with duac -- because this accelerates the burning and makes it seem unbearable. They stop using it because they think it's too sore, but I do think it's down to the makeup/creams you use mores than the product, which only mildly tingles. At least that was the case for me!