Page 4 of Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1290 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

Adult Acne and Duac has been amazing!
Reviewed on October 6, 2013

I'm a 40 year old woman who has suffered with acne for as long as I can remember. Since having my kids it has actually got worse. Antibiotics have helped for a while but eventually the effects seem to wear off. In August this year whilst enjoying the amazing weather we were having on holiday in Cornwall I had the biggest cyst type spots appear all over my chin meaning I had to wear make up continually on the beach as I was so ashamed. I went back to my GP who changed my antibiotics but also prescribed Duac. My last experience of a cream antibiotic was years ago and my face inflamed so badly I'd always refused to try this option again however I felt I had no option but to try. So I read all these reviews first and decided to try the Duac just on my chin first and see how my skin reacted. I did get a little redness and dryness during the first 10 days but nothing that noticeable. I continued to use it for a month and have not had one spot!! I have however had a few on my forehead where I haven't used Duac. I am now using Duac all over my T zone on my face and really can't believe the difference. I know I sound like some cliched US advert but I was cynical that it could work but for me it really has. I am so so glad I have tried it and can't believe I have clear skin for the first time EVER!!!!

Nothing special.
Reviewed on October 4, 2013

A couple of my friends recommended this to me saying it was the best acne cream theyd ever tried. So instead of refilling my prescription for tactuo (epiduo), i asked my doctor for this. Although it reduced the size of my pimples, i still had the same amount of acne. I can see how it could work for some people, however i think my skin does better with a smaller dosage of benzoyl peroxide. For now ill stick to tactuo which wasnt perfevt but cleared 80% of my breakouts.

Amazing
Reviewed on September 19, 2013

This gel was by far the best thing that ever worked on my acne. I wish I could've kept using it but it was no longer available to me. The only problem I had, that was my own fault, was extremely sensitive skin after overusing the product. You HAVE TO work your way into using more. DO NOT go overboard right away or will have extremely irritated skin. I did not use sunscreen while using this product and suffered blisters after spending a day outside. BAD IDEA. So just make sure to moisturize and use SPF like an Albino. Stick to a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil.

Worked well...
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

I think Duac is middle of the road. It works well for spot treatment but tends to be too harsh for put all over. Plus, expensive!

Does the trick... kind of.
Reviewed on September 8, 2013

I am a 14 years old female. I started getting acne around 11/12 years old just as I was starting high school. (On face, neck, check and back.) At first it didn't affect me, but as you grow up you become more insecure and self conscious about the way you look. Therefore I tried everything I could get my hands on. I spent hours watching YouTube videos, and searching up methods to get rid of acne. I went to the doctors twice about my skin. The first time I was recommended 'Zinc', it wasn't great, I can't remember if it cleared my skin, but I am guessing it didn't as I stopped. About a year later, March 2013, I went back, this time I was prescribed 'duac once daily gel'. At first it made my skin worse, and it took a while to work. For the first couple weeks/months my skin was burn, tingly, flake, and I had red patches. I was even more upset about my skin. I hated moisturizing as it seems to give me spots too. Therefore I rarely did. But around the 3rd month my skin was looking a lot better, less spots, on hormonal. It was such a big improvement. However at some points I did break out, and it made me really upset. I was about 4 months into it, when I gave up (July) and I haven't used it since. My skin is breaking out again, and I am once again insecure and annoyed about it!

Although I wasn't successful, I would still recommend it. Just because it wasn't great on my skin, doesn't mean it won't work on yours. Try it! But don't let spots get you down, a lot of people have them. Life is too short to get annoyed over them, they will eventually go!

Best BP product I've tried
Reviewed on August 25, 2013

I'd say it'd one of the stronger ones out there, but my skin is just so oily that it becomes "normal" when i apply it (yay). I'm actually starting it up again after trying the natural route (which didn't work out for me), but while I was on it the first two times it definitely cleared up my extremely severe acne, with the use of minocycline as an oral and vitamin A topical at night. Needless to say, it does it's job, going to see whether it works on cystic acne, which i've been getting lately :(

Masterpiece
Reviewed on August 20, 2013

I had pretty huge pustules/cysts before I started using this combined with Oral Antibiotic and first it acutally made it worse and more oily but after a couple of weeks the bumps and pustules/cysts started to shrink and overall it made a really good job pre-accutane. I strongly recommend this stuff. As for now I use this as a spot treatment and it works great! I wash my face pat it dry and after 5minutes I dab Duac into my face and it dries quickly.

review for spot treatment!
Reviewed on August 18, 2013

sometimes it helps and clear pimple perfectly, sometimes i have feeling that pimple should heal faster without it

My experience of Duac
Reviewed on August 17, 2013

I have been using duac for around 3 weeks now and within the first week my skin had basically cleared up!!

My skin before this was marked, cystic and terrible. However once into the second week of duac my skin started to break out again!

I don't know if this was hormonal or a normal thing with duac, to work and then stop for a bit?

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this and whether I should continue to use it?

I'm hoping this is just a stage and it will work again soon!

Thanks!

Beth

Wow works wonders
Reviewed on August 6, 2013

I didn't expect this gel to work this fast but in just over 7 days I have perfectly clear acne free skin, with a combination of drinking 2 litres of water, 1 litre of lemon mixed with water and limiting dairy and also taking cezarette mini pills my skins never looked better, I think out all of these when I started using the gel which was last of these it's worked to clear my forehead and cheeks of acne and even though I started eating a bit more junk food lately it's still controlled it so well. So happy