Page 4 of Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1302 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

Somewhat effective...
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

Duac works to an extent, but it did not clear my face of acne. Also, benzoyl peroxide generates free radicals and delays the heeling of the skin, meaning red marks and hyperpigmentation lasts longer.

Most effective topical I used
Reviewed on December 1, 2013

This was the only cream that made a difference for me. I found that it's best applied twice a day and for many times in my life I didn't need anything else to control my skin. Then I got fed up, as not only does this cream start to smell if you leave it on the whole day, it bleaches clothes, it's expensive, scars take long to fade, and most importantly, it will never cure your acne only deal with the symptoms. If you mild acne without any cysts then I would advise using this cream otherwise speak to your derm about accutane.

Less than impressed
Reviewed on November 25, 2013

I was very patient with this topical cream but after 8 months I have not seen noteworthy improvement.

Wish it coulda worked
Reviewed on November 20, 2013

I was on this for a while, and it did nothing but dry me out. I really wanted it to work, but it didn't. None of my zits cleared up. It just dried my zits up and made them look angry and red. ):

Effective for my skin
Reviewed on November 18, 2013

I've been using BenzaClin for about a month now in conjunction with Retin-A. This is my first attempt to use prescription products to treat my acne. I believe the BenzaClin is being most effective. It does have a hardening effect of about 2 weeks then it begins to ease off. It also tends to make my face feel stiff if I don't apply moisturizer afterwards. Glycerin in some creams can also react with the BP and create some stinging. Overall I feel like it's been effective for me, and the effects are starting to work, slowly clearing my skin.

Not quite..
Reviewed on November 3, 2013

Ok so my dermatologist recommended that I use this and epiduo every other night ( this night duac, epiduo the next) I have been doing this routine for seven months and my acne hasn't subsided fully yet .. It does help but my skin is not clear ... I do take care if my diet!

I use effaclar k in the morning, wash my face twice a day .. I was prescribed antibiotics ( my skin wasnt fuly claer after them just better) but my acne came back ...

Edit:

So tried using this bp for the regimen and my skin was totally clear for the first in the first week but then BOOM I broke out again :( so now I have been trying STn different

I use this every morning and epiduo every night .. We will see how it goes ... I shall post an update here !!

When used correctly, it works!
Reviewed on November 13, 2013

I've used many products before which are supposed to be the miracle cream or the acne solution. But none of them work so I was sceptical about trying this one but was praying it would work. I was exited at first because it was prescribed from a doctor and I instantly thought this stuff must work! So a week pasted from me applying the cream once a night, and well i couldn't really see a change, the redness of my skin had reduced, but that was about it. So i thought okay it's only a week (my doctor told me i would have to wait around 3-8). The next week past, a few pimples had died done, but small new ones still arose which really got me down. But it was only the second week so I wasn't that far in. Third week pasted as still nothing, applying once a night, everyday, no change from week 2. I'd had enough, i started looking over the internet and found this website, and it all changed. I watched the regime video on the homepage of this website, and thought I'd give it ago. After the first night, I could see a difference! A real major one! So with the correct regime it will work!

Worked at first...
Reviewed on November 3, 2013

I was prescribed with duac back when I was 14 and it cleared my acne brilliantly. I didn't suffer from any side effects and dryness on my skin lasted for about 4 days and then it was gone. Up until now I have been using duac and unfortunately after about a year of using it my skin became very resistant to it, and the duac just didn't do anything for me. I recommend using it and trying it out, but don't rely on it being a cure as your skin will become tolerant to it.

Drying, Itchy and Scarring
Reviewed on October 28, 2013

This was my first acne product. I've used it for a long long time, and it helped to reduce the number of breakouts I had. However, this product really dries out your skin, and leaves behind acne scars. Make sure you use a lot of moisturizer.

Didn't make a difference
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

Used this for about a week and couldn't stand it any longer. It gave me a horrible allergic reaction and caused all my eyes and mouth to become very very itchy.