Page 3 of Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1297 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

very good
Reviewed on March 3, 2014

This does dry your skin out, but it also really works! The secret is to use it at night and use an oil free mosturiser in the day. I also avoid wearing foundation.

Best topical acne treatment
Reviewed on February 20, 2014

Within a few days of using duac, my skin quickly became free of acne. My skin became soft and supple as a result of using this and a good moisturiser. It also faded my scars. Highly recommend.

It didnt really do anything
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

My skin was the same when i was on it, and it stained my towels!

MIRACLE PRODUCT! Have tried everything else - this is the best!
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

Straight out - WHAT AN AMAZING PRODUCT! I have struggled through my teens and early adulthood (now 22) with acne. Although I did start to take care of myself better as I got older, by watching my diet, using better products and more natural makeup - I still fought with the weekly breakout of big pimples and could never get rid of my blackheads which were all over my t-zone. I was getting more sad than frustrated as I was spending a considerable amount of Dermalogica products and Jane Iredale makeup (which I both love and continue to use), but I was beginning to accept that the acne was coming from the inside. I went to the doctors and they recommended the pill but after I read about the side effects (blood clots, etc.), I got completely turned off and would not use that as an option for my skin. The next doctor suggested Duac. I have used benzyl peroxide products in the past (Clearasil Ultra), and yes, it does help your pimples, but it never helped with blackheads and was definitely not a permanent solution. To get to the point - I am only on DAY 5 of using Duac and I have absolutely NO BLACKHEADS and the pimples I had ARE COMPLETELY GONE. I really can't believe my eyes. I was completely skeptical about this product and I thought it would take months to make a difference! My doctor said that Duac can help your skin long term, even after you stop using it. I thought I would have to go onto antibiotics or other treatments but so far, looks like all I need is Duac :)

As for the side effects I have been reading below, I don't have any dryness or peeling. There is a small tingling sensation but that's about it. I think you have to be really careful with your skin and use a thick oil-free moisteriser (I use Dermalogica) to keep your skin from going dry - just don't apply it to the sections where your skin is thinner. Everyone needs to give this product a go, side effects are minimum and results are amazing - I hope it works for all of you too!

Please give this stuff a try!!!!
Reviewed on January 10, 2014

I've been using this for a few months and my face is completely clear (occasional flare up depending on how consistently I'm using it /makeup products.) Use it every night and you will not regret it. Worked like a miracle for me

Somewhat effective...
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

Duac works to an extent, but it did not clear my face of acne. Also, benzoyl peroxide generates free radicals and delays the heeling of the skin, meaning red marks and hyperpigmentation lasts longer.

Most effective topical I used
Reviewed on December 1, 2013

This was the only cream that made a difference for me. I found that it's best applied twice a day and for many times in my life I didn't need anything else to control my skin. Then I got fed up, as not only does this cream start to smell if you leave it on the whole day, it bleaches clothes, it's expensive, scars take long to fade, and most importantly, it will never cure your acne only deal with the symptoms. If you mild acne without any cysts then I would advise using this cream otherwise speak to your derm about accutane.

Less than impressed
Reviewed on November 25, 2013

I was very patient with this topical cream but after 8 months I have not seen noteworthy improvement.

Wish it coulda worked
Reviewed on November 20, 2013

I was on this for a while, and it did nothing but dry me out. I really wanted it to work, but it didn't. None of my zits cleared up. It just dried my zits up and made them look angry and red. ):

Effective for my skin
Reviewed on November 18, 2013

I've been using BenzaClin for about a month now in conjunction with Retin-A. This is my first attempt to use prescription products to treat my acne. I believe the BenzaClin is being most effective. It does have a hardening effect of about 2 weeks then it begins to ease off. It also tends to make my face feel stiff if I don't apply moisturizer afterwards. Glycerin in some creams can also react with the BP and create some stinging. Overall I feel like it's been effective for me, and the effects are starting to work, slowly clearing my skin.