Page 3 of Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1303 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

Worked wonders for awhile
Reviewed on May 8, 2014

When I was first prescribed this medication, within two weeks my moderate acne cleared up. I did find it drying but it was tolerable, as I'd rather have dry skin than acne skin. The only downside I saw this this medication is after about two years of using it, it started to be less effective. I have been told you can try quitting for awhile and starting up again later, but haven't done that yet. It did work wonders for the first two years however.

Hideously drying!
Reviewed on May 8, 2014

I'll admit, I only tried this for two days so I can't say whether it works but I really couldn't stand it any longer. This made my face so tight, I could barely move my mouth, it was like it was covered in clingfilm. When you're covered in very painful, cystic acne, the last thing you want is really tight skin. I might give it another go when my acne subsides a little.

by Jordanbell on 06/20/2014 08:44
I had the same and I think it actually took a layer of my skin off but I persevered and after 5 weeks the dry skin disappeared and no more spots - I love the stuff :)
Helped at the beginning
Reviewed on May 5, 2014

Did clear a few spots I had. Seems the bacteria on my skin has grown resistant to it though.

Wish it worked for me
Reviewed on May 4, 2014

I got this from my doctors as it was recommended to me by two people, one a friend and the other someone who was matching my colour foundation at a make up stand in selfridges. But unfortunately it did not work for me, my acne is mild but I have scarring left after a break out that bothers me. So I am aiming to reduce break outs so no new scarring and find away to fade existing scars. I think I used this product correctly. I applied to clean dry skin twice a day before applying moisturiser but I didn't always follow with moisturiser. Maybe it works but in my case it didn't and I have to be honest. I am now venturing into chemical peels now :) gradually and safely. I would recommend as I may work for the majority. I was excited to at least see improvement for blackheads as it indicates but no nothing. The only pro I can express is that it does irritate my skin or dry.

Works Miracles
Reviewed on April 19, 2014

I am in my early 20's and have always had mild acne, unfortunately it became a bit worse after moving to Germany. Going from sunny San Diego to the depths of winter in Berlin drastically changed my skin for the worse. My acne had never been so bad and the climate change made a huge difference. Still living in Berlin, I finally was prescribed Duac and it worked like magic. I saw results in just a few days of using this product. After using Duac for at least a month now, my skin is clearer than ever and my acne scars are not as noticeable. It does have the tendency to dry the skin and cause a little irritation/burning sensation. After using this nearly every night for a month, I have gathered a few tips that work best for me and possibly for others as well.

*A reminder that I do have fairly oily skin so these tips may not work as well for those with dry skin. But I do recommend always moisturizing!

Tips:

Wait 15-30 minutes after cleansing the skin before applying Duac

After applying Duac, wait 15-30 minutes before applying a moisturizer

(These techniques will help your skin stay moisturized)

The moisturizer (La Roche-Posay Effaclar H) I use is very effective and also helps with mild acne and especially redness/blemishes, it is mainly for those with oily skin and is perfect when using drying skin care products.

Best of luck!

Duac
Reviewed on March 7, 2014

When I first got this, I had moderate acne on my forehead and it helped clear over 90% in probably 3-5 days. This stuff works fast and it's super effective! It's definitely worth a try--plus it doesn't dry me out at all......on the down side of this, it honestly stopped working for me after maybe a month or two. It MAY have prevented some acne, but I am not sure.

Overall I'd say if you're looking for a quick fix then give it a go!

very good
Reviewed on March 3, 2014

This does dry your skin out, but it also really works! The secret is to use it at night and use an oil free mosturiser in the day. I also avoid wearing foundation.

Best topical acne treatment
Reviewed on February 20, 2014

Within a few days of using duac, my skin quickly became free of acne. My skin became soft and supple as a result of using this and a good moisturiser. It also faded my scars. Highly recommend.

It didnt really do anything
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

My skin was the same when i was on it, and it stained my towels!

MIRACLE PRODUCT! Have tried everything else - this is the best!
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

Straight out - WHAT AN AMAZING PRODUCT! I have struggled through my teens and early adulthood (now 22) with acne. Although I did start to take care of myself better as I got older, by watching my diet, using better products and more natural makeup - I still fought with the weekly breakout of big pimples and could never get rid of my blackheads which were all over my t-zone. I was getting more sad than frustrated as I was spending a considerable amount of Dermalogica products and Jane Iredale makeup (which I both love and continue to use), but I was beginning to accept that the acne was coming from the inside. I went to the doctors and they recommended the pill but after I read about the side effects (blood clots, etc.), I got completely turned off and would not use that as an option for my skin. The next doctor suggested Duac. I have used benzyl peroxide products in the past (Clearasil Ultra), and yes, it does help your pimples, but it never helped with blackheads and was definitely not a permanent solution. To get to the point - I am only on DAY 5 of using Duac and I have absolutely NO BLACKHEADS and the pimples I had ARE COMPLETELY GONE. I really can't believe my eyes. I was completely skeptical about this product and I thought it would take months to make a difference! My doctor said that Duac can help your skin long term, even after you stop using it. I thought I would have to go onto antibiotics or other treatments but so far, looks like all I need is Duac :)

As for the side effects I have been reading below, I don't have any dryness or peeling. There is a small tingling sensation but that's about it. I think you have to be really careful with your skin and use a thick oil-free moisteriser (I use Dermalogica) to keep your skin from going dry - just don't apply it to the sections where your skin is thinner. Everyone needs to give this product a go, side effects are minimum and results are amazing - I hope it works for all of you too!