Page 2 of Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1332 reviews

Brand: Duac

Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimethicone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxide.

Life-saver!!!
Reviewed on May 19, 2016

My doctor prescribed me with Duac just over a month ago, and honestly the results have been unbelievable!! I've had persistent acne since I was around thirteen or so - lots of whiteheads and sore inflamed spots. My skin cleared up in less than two weeks!! I use a mild cleanser first then apply a thin layer of Duac just before I go to bed. The only side effect is that my skin got a little bit dry and flaky but it made a change to constantly oily skin. My doctor said if you get dry skin buy aqueous cream over the counter as it's the best moisturiser for Duac - this has really helped soothe my skin! If you're considering using Duac I would say go for it!!!! It takes about a week to make a difference but after that the results are really quick and I now have completely clear skin!!!!!!!

by kerlow13 on 05/30/2016 10:06
Where is Duac available? All local drugstores do not have any stock of this miracle gel :-(
by emma_isabe11e on 06/01/2016 07:08
You have to go to your doctor and ask for a prescription, then they should give it to you! Good luck :)
5stars
Reviewed on March 23, 2016

this stuff worked really good and started clearing my face in a week or two. I would get small zits all over and they have completely gone away and no new zits have come up and noo reddness or dryness. i really love it

by superadam on 05/06/2016 07:44
where did you buy this product?
a qustion for it
Reviewed on March 23, 2016

after curing pimple will it will leave dark spots on face

Amazing wow
Reviewed on March 15, 2016

So I literally have never reviewed anything ever before online but I have to to here. I've been using Duac gel in the morning and Isotrexin at night for 6 months now. My acne and GONE and please note I have been dealing with mild acne since I was 13 and I am now 26. This combination was prescribed to me by my deem and I was also told to start slow and initially alternated days and weeks etc of using it so I started out very slow which minimized the negative effect at the beginning, therefore it was easier to deal with going to work and being out in public with initial breakout and super dry skin. I stared seeing positive results at around the 3 month mark and now 6 months later I have no pimples. I would usual ally in the past have tones of small pimples on my forehead and some around my nose and chin and although individually the pimples were not that bad, there were so many of them at once and always. Every morning I was scared to look on the mirror to see how many news ones had cropped up overnight. I did go through redness, burning, itching, stinging but in the end and with a good moisturizer (I use OBAGI facial hydrate) it's so worth it!!!!!

Initially worked really well!
Reviewed on February 7, 2016

This was the first prescription treatment I received from my doctor when I had moderate acne all along the temples on both sides of my face and a bit on my forehead. Whilst this didn't work straight away, it reduced inflammation and within 3 months I was clear! After the 3 month period, I just began to spot treat with the cream and not apply it all over my temples and forehead. Soon after, I'm not too sure why, but my skin became very sensitive to this cream and quite often I would wake up the next morning with a terrible, red, itchy rash which was all over my face and my neck. I believe it was the benzoyl peroxide which irritated my skin as I tried other treatments after this with benzoyl peroxide in them and the same thing seemed to occur. Ultimately, I think that this topical treatment is worth a try for mild-moderate acne.

by H4nnz on 05/11/2016 16:58
Hi, was this because you never got a new Duac cream? After the 3 month mark it stops working as runs out of date. Maybe that's why?
Duac gel
Reviewed on December 13, 2015

I used to have a lot of spots on my forehead, cheeks and chin. I started using duac gel 1 year ago and i have to say that it has changed my life. I have absolutely no spots on my face at all it has all cleared. However at the start of my treatment my skin was dry and flaky but that can be avoided by using an oil free moisturiser preferably cetaphil. If you urgently want to get rid of your spots i would highly recommend duac gel and also drink a lot of water.

I use Clindoxyl, but the same review applies
Reviewed on September 24, 2015

I started using Clindoxyl on August 24th.

In that time, I have dealt with one cyst in the area where I applied on my cheeks, and also in an area near my nose that rarely ever breaks out; I have a feeling both pimples were related to the clindoxyl since I started applying directly in those areas.

It seems the pimples I experienced were an initial "purge", as BP and most other acne medications make you break out before it gets better.

Additional changes I've made: drinking more water and green tea, changing pillow cases regularly, using an AHA 2x a week (Reversa, from Canada), exercising 3x a week, and supplementing with 1000 mg Vitamin C.

I will check back and update this review pretty much monthly for the next 6 months. I know how annoying it is to read somewhat hopeful reviews and never hear about how the person's skin reacted after prolonged use.

1 MONTH UPDATE: Its September 24th - the areas to which I have applied Clindoxyl are actually pretty clear. Still dealing with scarring but that is to be expected. 1-2 small whiteheads in areas where I don't apply the clindoxyl, but they go away within a day and aren't too noticeable.

by manisha yadav on 03/23/2016 03:26
after curing acen willit will leave dark spots on face after using it
by manisha yadav on 03/23/2016 03:26
after curing acen willit will leave dark spots on face after using it
So far...so good!
Reviewed on August 4, 2015

used this years ago but could not get over the dryness and flakiness and gave up within a few days. Tried it again two weeks ago and persevered through that horrible stage and have seen some improvements in my skin. It has taken me two weeks for my skin to get used to it and does not get dry or red really anymore and the acne on my chin and cheek is slowly clearing. Still getting some spots (which are a lot smaller then what they used to be!) and will continue to use this until the tube runs out! I would recommend using a mosituriser and very gentle cleanser whilst using this product.

by manisha yadav on 03/23/2016 03:25
will it will leave dark spots on face after using it
nope
Reviewed on July 27, 2015

everytime i use, it works for a while... then devolopes big ones.

The best!
Reviewed on July 16, 2015

I'm a sixteen year old girl who months ago started getting pretty bad spots on my forehead. They were red and big and never went. I tried a few things, including Boots Spot Treatment Gel and Salcura Face Wash and they did nothing. I kept trying with hope but the spots stayed. I then tried Duac. This was the best to apply as it isn't sticky and dries instantly. After about 1-2 months, my spots were so almost gone. They are now drastically less red and flat to my skin, now they just need to heal. Duac is the best - don't hesitate to try this :)

by NaturalBun on 07/16/2015 15:25
Oh and it has completely removed loads of my spots. The ones left are hardly noticeable.