Page 2 of Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1303 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

it BURNT MY SKIN, WORST EXpERIENCE EVER WITH A TOpIC.
Reviewed on August 10, 2014

I know many people achieve great results from this gel, but I must warn you about the other side. I had a terrible breakout (6 bumps all together near my mouth) and, desperate, went to my doctor asking for help. She prescribed me this, and it was HORRIBLE, my face has NEVER BEEN AS BAD, it felt like it burned from the inside of my bumps. They went more and more inflamated, I kept on using it for 18 days because some reviews said it was bad at the beginning but then good. My breakout was worse, worse and worse, reddish, VERY INFLAMED, it hurt, and it didn´t heal at all. I quit it and my breakout kept going for 2 months IN TOTAL FROM THE BEGINNING. NEVER in my life had such a thing happened. This begun at 1st June, now it´s 10 th august and I still have like 12 red marks. So please, please, if you feel it´s inflaming you a lot, stop before it´s too late. Know the product is very good and effective for many people and I dont want to scare anybody, but I want to give this review because I didn´t read anything like this before taking it and it would have helped me. ps: I´m never alergic to anything, it was the first time ever something like this happened to me. ps2: sorry if my English is not perfect, I speak Spanish.

Duac is effective
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

I like this topical a lot it does it's job. You have to use it everyday. I put a moisturizer on top also. I use this in combination with Tazorac (used to use it with Differin but it seemed to stop working for me) and it is working well keeping things under control. I've been on Accutane twice but came back so I am sticking with topicals and a healthy diet.

Works fine
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

I used this for a long time. It's really annoying that its not available generic because its just two really basic cheap ingredients mixed together. You MUST keep this in the fridge for it to keep working, too, no joke, I had some years to experiment. It's annoying but true. Makes skin quite dry, use moisturizer on top.

Good but don't get comfy
Reviewed on July 22, 2014

When I first began using duac (about 3 years ago) it worked well, if I remember correctly. Mind you, my acne back then was mild anyway. It did, however, dry out my skin, and for the entire duration of using it, certain parts of my face were unmaskably red

. Within the past year (after two years of duac being great) it stopped working. I continued to use it, hoping it would pick up but within that third year, I had one incredibly bad breakout which took many months to begin to reduce, and after that, my skin would just do whatever it wanted. My skin is now dreadful, so it definately doesn't prevent any problems in the future. But hey, what does.

If you are suffering acne, definately give it a go, but just don't expect miracles. My skin was never perfect on it, but it was a lot better.

Worked really well for about a year but stopped
Reviewed on July 21, 2014

I used to love this product. This time last year my skin was 100% clear. I had no blemishes or flaws on my skin and it was all thanks to this miracle in a tube but unfortunately it stopped working after about 1 year of use. Once it stopped working I had the worst break out I had ever experienced. I got about 20 pimples over a couple of days and I would classify it as acne. It was extremely painful acne too. After this I tested out a new tube of duac but there was no difference in my skin and so I left it as my skin had somehow become resistant to the antibiotic Clindamycin. However, a few weeks back I went back to my local GP and asked for a new, fresh tube of it and even though the results haven't been as good as they were the first time I used this product, there is still a noticeable progression in the clearing of my skin. I now suffer less breakouts (I still do get the occasional breakout as I'm a 16 year old teenager with hormones). I would highly recommend this product to try out but don't be reliant on this product alone and buy a decent skincare set. I would also recommend having a trusty moisturisers handy because duac can really dry out your skin!

Works well for me
Reviewed on July 16, 2014

This is my go to product. Its worked really well but I also follow a schedule or regimen daily which I never skip.

I allpy this at night . First i start by cleansing with Bioderma Sensibo H20, then i apply this gel avoiding eyes and nose. Wait for it

To dry and go to bed. The next morning I clean with bioderma again then apply my sunscreen.

This did work for me. I tried everything else been a mission for 10 years.

For me this is all that works , I also keep my carb intake to a bare minimum.

Didn't really help
Reviewed on June 22, 2014

Was prescribed this a couple of years ago. It dried out the spots but unfortunately also dried the skin so I had to stop using it.

Why does this cost so much?
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

Unfortunately, my health insurance didn't cover this. So I had to pay full price (I don't remember the exact price, it was near $200 I think). It did work better than OTC creams like Clearasil, but not THAT much better. It definitely was not worth the price. I don't know why dermatologists insists on prescribing me things that cost an arm and a leg. It's not realistic to keep that up long term. I don't have that extra amount of money to shell out every month. That's partially why I stopped going to dermatologists. They don't put any effort into finding the root cause (food allergy, hormones, etc...). They look at your face for a few seconds without giving you a chance to ask questions, then tell you to wash with Cetaphil and prescribe a bunch of overpriced creams in rapid succession. Then they resort to Accutane (which didn't work for me btw). Sorry, I shouldn't say all derms, but the long list of ones I went to were all like that and I don't have the money for the trial and error of finding one who is worth it. I would give Duac 3 or 4 stars if it weren't for the price, but I'm strongly against how these companies are overcharging for their products, taking advantage of the emotional anguish of acne sufferers. I would buy Duac again if the price were knocked down to something more reasonable. Benzoyl Peroxide is dirt cheap. Clindamycin is dirt cheap. So why does Duac cost do much when those are the two active ingredients? Heck, I'd even pay $50, but not $200. Dan's Regimen and acne.org products are working better than Duac anyway, and much cheaper to boot.

I hate Duac!
Reviewed on June 5, 2014

I started using Duac a few years ago - it really cleared my face (with the help of Differin, too), which was obviously so amazing and gave me such confidence - I loved it. However, after 2 years, my acne came back, worse than ever actually. Duac became ineffective for me (maybe my skin got used to it), but my dermatologist says I should still use it. I absolutely can't stand putting this stuff on my face now - it burns, stays sticky for hours, makes my faces red and patchy and stings. Not to mention bleaches everything it touches. I literally can't handle putting this stuff on my face these days, it just hurts me so badly.

Obviously everybody's skin type is different, so it may clear you forever! I do have really sensitive skin, so maybe it's too strong for me now or something. It's just so heartbreaking to me that for a couple of years I didn't have to wear make up and could walk out of my house with such confidence, feeling great about my clear skin, to now - my skin is really bad and I'm well into my twenties!

by mcmounty5 on 06/06/2014 21:28
You may have become resistant to the antibiotic (clindamycin) in Duac. Pretty common actually. Sad part is, most doctors don't know that you can become antibiotic resistant even to topical skin treatments. Be careful though, you might want a second opinion. Being antibiotic resistant not only means that your Duac wont work, but could also be more serious if your body needed to rely on Clindamycin for some other bacterial infection. If you're going to be on acne medication for a long time you should really look for something without an antibiotic.
by tashadabest on 11/28/2014 14:38
You should try dans regimen on acne.org!
Couldn't get on with it
Reviewed on May 21, 2014

I used this gel for about a month and as much as i wish it did help my acne it made it alot worse and left my face very oily! Also when applying the gel it left my face very tight and would usually just rub off anyway!