Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1311 reviews
Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

The most amazing thing in whole world
Reviewed on July 1, 2015

Before the treatment i used to have a lot of whiteheads and acne, after 4 days of use my skin was completely clear and flawless.

I serious recommend this product, literally saved my life.

Stops working
Reviewed on May 11, 2015

I dont have acne, just a few spots here and there and when stressed worse BUT I have used a lot of treatments so feel I can give a fair review

Got this product a few years ago worked amazing and then just stopped working.. next time i used it had rashes on my face so dont use more than a thin layer!! becomes less strong the more you use so never use it twice a day because I think thats how it became immune to my skin... now I use it here and there it helps a bit..

by Janicijevica on 05/12/2015 09:49
You are typically only suppose to use it a short about of time and then stop. My dermatologist said 10 days.
by Janicijevica on 05/12/2015 09:53
Best product for acne
Reviewed on May 8, 2015

My skin had lots of little zit like acne especially on forehead and cheeks. I tried so many products, cream, treatments, but nothing worked ! Some products even made it worse. Then my friend recommended me duac, so I got it from doctors prescription. It's an antibiotic that kills bacteria that cause acne. To my surprise, this product is a miracle. It cured all my acne in just two weeks!!! I'm so glad I bought this gel. I've never had a beautiful skin in my entire life like I have now.

HELP
Reviewed on April 30, 2015

I've been using duac for a week , my classmate told me it will work because i have alot of pimples on my forehead which has been repeated because it happens when i was on my freshman and repeated when i was on my 9th grade so my classmate told me to use duac because he uses it for 3days the pimple dissapear he said. so my mom buy me one in the first day that i try i get rid of the redness of my forehead cause by acne , and he told me i should feel a little sore if i apply duac i dont feel anything O.O is that normal? because before i've been using my derma medication on my pimples and i feel sore but right now when i buy my derma medication i dont feel anything and it wont lessen my pimples so i switch to duac and yet i dont feel anything painful i've been using duac for weeks and i still have pimples should i continue using it ? because my pimples wont fade away , i need advise if i should continue using it or not , im planning to see my dermatologist next month help me please im just 14 yrs old and i want to get rid of my pimples .

by Zannalise on 05/02/2015 15:09
keep using this product it drys the skin to the point of tearing if you pick your skin BUT after two weeks skins starts to stop flaking off leaving you with a fresh layer. the pimples or bumps on your forehead will go smoothe as if you never had any. your skin will clear so beautifully that make up application will look flawless and skin tone will improve. you may get one spot here or there but use product every single night. or effects will not show. ive used this product for years and its so so so great. its tough going for the first few weeks but its worth it.
by Zannalise on 05/02/2015 15:11
love it
Reviewed on April 7, 2015

I started to use this when as a two step treatment (with retin-a) I stopped using the retin-a but i'll never stop using duac

i'd recommend
Reviewed on March 21, 2015

i'm having pretty good results with this. i wish i had tried it earlier >.<

miracle gel. Don't give up.!
Reviewed on January 23, 2015

Here's just a review of what I went through. Sorry it's long but all I will say is don't stop using it. Your face will adjust to the dryness and when it does you will look amazing with clear skin.

Day 1. No horrible side effects. My skin was feeling slightly tight after application. Reduced a massive spot overnight which was surprising. Which was gone by day 2.

Day 4. Dried out the skin. This was when my dry skin was beginning to get noticeable. Moisturiser helps but can feel tight. I used Simple moisturising rich face cream. Be careful with make up as my skin was really flaky and foundation looked awful. Consider a BB cream with moisturiser for slight coverage as its hydrating and won't look cakey. I usually wear NARS foundation and cannot wear it at the moment. A few new breakouts but I feel that this is going to be the last of it hopefully. Nothing to bad. My skin actually feels like it's getting better.

Day 9. My skin is slightly dry with foundation but my face is kinda getting adjusted to the Duac. Nose is the worst. Really flaky. There's a massive spot near my nose that's still here after 4 days. Ive got a scar on my face and that still here after 9 days of use. I read duac mind help with acne scars to still hoping. My face needs moisturising during day to stay hydrated. Skin feels tight after lunch even though I moisturise in the morning so carry a moisturiser around.

Day 11. Skin adjusting to Duac. Breakouts not forming a head. Cysts stay as a scar don't form whitehead. Runny nose due to cold but has been dry and peeling for a few days. Needs moisturising during day to stay hydrated. Spot near nose still there. New cyst (red lump) forming on bottom jawline on right side of face. Old scar still on face. Ever so Slightly fading. Still noticeable though even with makeup. Can start wearing my make up again to university. But skin is definitely clearing at a good pace. Would suggest keeping the foundation light.

Day 13. Old Scars are beginning to fade slightly. Skin has become used to Duac so it's not really dry anymore. Moisturiser helps a lot still. Nose is the only flaky thing atm. New spot came yesterday. Head appeared tonight just waiting to see what will happen in morning. Chin looking slightly bumpy. Will have to see what happens tomorrow. But my skin looks the best it's ever been and it's only been 2 weeks.

Day 18. Chin looks bump free. Skin not as dry but still rough patches here and there. Cyst near nose is still there but not as visible as it would have been without the Duac and hasn't formed into a whitehead. When I touch the area it feels like a small lump inside the skin but is barely visible. Whereas before the Duac it would have been inflamed and then developed into a whitehead. New breakout on left of cheek. But skin is in better condition than when I started. Helped slightly with acne marks in the sense that it appears smaller but not too sure.

I had exams so forgot to update after 18 days. Apologies. It has now been 2 months of using duac. For the past 3 weeks I have just been using it as a precautionary measurement. My whole was was perfect. I am actually so surprised that it worked and kept the acne at bay. Make up looks flawless and I have gotten so many compliments on my face and it's all thanks to this. I have ordered an extra tube from my GP just in case and I hope it keeps working when I need it. It takes time. And don't stop using it because it dries out your skin honesty keep going and I swear you won't regret it. I am actually so much more happier without these spots and really hope it works for you guys to hence why I left a review to tell you it works for me so no harm in trying it to see if it works for you too. I also stopped drinking fizzy drinks as I felt the sugar could have broken me out. So try drinking 2litres of water a day to help flush out the toxins in your body. Good luck.

The only thing that has worked
Reviewed on December 28, 2014

Mid 2014, around June was the worst my skin had ever been. With around 10 pimples on each cheek and my T-zone covered in redness. I was prescribed Duac after using countless chemist products but also Differin and Epiduo which many people claimed to work. I even tried chinese herbal medicine when I was desperate. The first few days were hard, I had flaky and burning skin with redness all over my face. Despite this, my pimples definitely cleared and in two months time i had no pimples and was left with a lot of hyperpigmentaion (flat acne scars). This honestly helped me so much, when i had acne i wouldn't even leave the house without heavy make-up nor would i have any confidence to look or talked to people. Now that i've used up my Duac gel, I have purchased just Benzoyl Peroxide 5% (It's basically Duac without the Clindamycin) and it still works wonders. Do try this!

worked like a charm for Non-hormonal
Reviewed on December 10, 2014

Back when I was 14 I ended up with bad acne and occasionally cystic acne on my forehead, near the brows . I was put on this by my doctor and with-in a month my face was 100% clear! after using it for a year i noticed i had grown out of my acne by the age of 20... fast fwd to age 25 and I started having acne again but this time it was just focused at the cheeks (i'm told this is hormonal acne?). again i requested to be put on duac. unfortunately, it doesnt do wonders on hormonal acne. its taken care of most the little white heads but its not done anything for the cystic ones I'm getting in my cheeks. I've been referred to a derm, the scaring on my cheeks from this newest (now year long) break out is depressing. my pores from the cystic are blown out enlarged from the swelling.

Beware!
Reviewed on October 6, 2014

I had a very bad (allergic?) reaction to Duac and it took me over a week to recover. My face was red, swollen and painful with a burning sensation. It was bad. I would love to know if anyone else has had this reaction to Duac and if anyone knows what it is that causes it. Was it simply an allergic reaction to BP? Please share your experiences. I feel like so few people talk about these horrible side effects.

by mm71991 on 10/11/2014 23:10
Hi Saezon, I experience the reactions you've just mentioned. It was quite bad, i thought I was never going to use it again.. I was waiting a few days for a different cream to come through, during that wait I notice the swelling go down and my face looked a bit better.. I decided to use it again but a veryyyyy tiny amount, this time the reaction did not happen. My skin completely cleared in 3/4 weeks time, i LOVE IT SOOOO MUCHHHH. I've been on it for a year but I only use it once every 2 days now. if I apply a lot my face swells up again. I've figured out that the reactions happen because our skin is not used to it. be careful though!! if you put too much it will make your face peel after a few days, keep to a very thin layer and you won't notice any peeling & you won't have any reactions.