Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1318 reviews

Brand: Duac

Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimethicone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxide.

Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Initially worked really well!
Reviewed on February 7, 2016

This was the first prescription treatment I received from my doctor when I had moderate acne all along the temples on both sides of my face and a bit on my forehead. Whilst this didn't work straight away, it reduced inflammation and within 3 months I was clear! After the 3 month period, I just began to spot treat with the cream and not apply it all over my temples and forehead. Soon after, I'm not too sure why, but my skin became very sensitive to this cream and quite often I would wake up the next morning with a terrible, red, itchy rash which was all over my face and my neck. I believe it was the benzoyl peroxide which irritated my skin as I tried other treatments after this with benzoyl peroxide in them and the same thing seemed to occur. Ultimately, I think that this topical treatment is worth a try for mild-moderate acne.

Duac gel
Reviewed on December 13, 2015

I used to have a lot of spots on my forehead, cheeks and chin. I started using duac gel 1 year ago and i have to say that it has changed my life. I have absolutely no spots on my face at all it has all cleared. However at the start of my treatment my skin was dry and flaky but that can be avoided by using an oil free moisturiser preferably cetaphil. If you urgently want to get rid of your spots i would highly recommend duac gel and also drink a lot of water.

I use Clindoxyl, but the same review applies
Reviewed on September 24, 2015

I started using Clindoxyl on August 24th.

In that time, I have dealt with one cyst in the area where I applied on my cheeks, and also in an area near my nose that rarely ever breaks out; I have a feeling both pimples were related to the clindoxyl since I started applying directly in those areas.

It seems the pimples I experienced were an initial "purge", as BP and most other acne medications make you break out before it gets better.

Additional changes I've made: drinking more water and green tea, changing pillow cases regularly, using an AHA 2x a week (Reversa, from Canada), exercising 3x a week, and supplementing with 1000 mg Vitamin C.

I will check back and update this review pretty much monthly for the next 6 months. I know how annoying it is to read somewhat hopeful reviews and never hear about how the person's skin reacted after prolonged use.

1 MONTH UPDATE: Its September 24th - the areas to which I have applied Clindoxyl are actually pretty clear. Still dealing with scarring but that is to be expected. 1-2 small whiteheads in areas where I don't apply the clindoxyl, but they go away within a day and aren't too noticeable.

So far...so good!
Reviewed on August 4, 2015

used this years ago but could not get over the dryness and flakiness and gave up within a few days. Tried it again two weeks ago and persevered through that horrible stage and have seen some improvements in my skin. It has taken me two weeks for my skin to get used to it and does not get dry or red really anymore and the acne on my chin and cheek is slowly clearing. Still getting some spots (which are a lot smaller then what they used to be!) and will continue to use this until the tube runs out! I would recommend using a mosituriser and very gentle cleanser whilst using this product.

nope
Reviewed on July 27, 2015

everytime i use, it works for a while... then devolopes big ones.

The best!
Reviewed on July 16, 2015

I'm a sixteen year old girl who months ago started getting pretty bad spots on my forehead. They were red and big and never went. I tried a few things, including Boots Spot Treatment Gel and Salcura Face Wash and they did nothing. I kept trying with hope but the spots stayed. I then tried Duac. This was the best to apply as it isn't sticky and dries instantly. After about 1-2 months, my spots were so almost gone. They are now drastically less red and flat to my skin, now they just need to heal. Duac is the best - don't hesitate to try this :)

by NaturalBun on 07/16/2015 15:25
Oh and it has completely removed loads of my spots. The ones left are hardly noticeable.
duac changed my life
Reviewed on July 15, 2015

ok I've never posted a review but just had to for this stuff, it has changed my life!!! I put up with hormonal acne for years. I went to my dr and asked for acne medication but as I was going to be ttc again soon he didn't want to give me oral medication but gave me the duac cream to try... It lasts 2 months, and honestly it cleared my acne up within 3-4 weeks... I saw improvements straight away... I still got the odd pimple in that time but my biggest fear was that I would stop the cream and they would all come back. Well I used it for the full 2 months and I'm sooooo happy to say I literally have not had another single pimple since I stopped using it and that was 2 months ago!! every time I feel my soft smooth face I just can't believe it

The most amazing thing in whole world
Reviewed on July 1, 2015

Before the treatment i used to have a lot of whiteheads and acne, after 4 days of use my skin was completely clear and flawless.

I serious recommend this product, literally saved my life.

by kevinx111 on 09/10/2015 21:51
Does it really work that fast? 4 days ?
Stops working
Reviewed on May 11, 2015

I dont have acne, just a few spots here and there and when stressed worse BUT I have used a lot of treatments so feel I can give a fair review

Got this product a few years ago worked amazing and then just stopped working.. next time i used it had rashes on my face so dont use more than a thin layer!! becomes less strong the more you use so never use it twice a day because I think thats how it became immune to my skin... now I use it here and there it helps a bit..

by Janicijevica on 05/12/2015 09:49
You are typically only suppose to use it a short about of time and then stop. My dermatologist said 10 days.
by Janicijevica on 05/12/2015 09:53
Best product for acne
Reviewed on May 8, 2015

My skin had lots of little zit like acne especially on forehead and cheeks. I tried so many products, cream, treatments, but nothing worked ! Some products even made it worse. Then my friend recommended me duac, so I got it from doctors prescription. It's an antibiotic that kills bacteria that cause acne. To my surprise, this product is a miracle. It cured all my acne in just two weeks!!! I'm so glad I bought this gel. I've never had a beautiful skin in my entire life like I have now.

by kevinx111 on 09/10/2015 21:51