Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1297 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

Good, but...
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

I rate this product but there is always a stock issue from time to time and it's frustrating that, in my opinion, one of the best topical treatments is off the market for a number of weeks. Although it didn't completely clear my mild spots trouble, it will always stop spots from coming up if I see them early enough which has been a massive help. Been prescribed a different topical treatment now so will see what happens.

It Works With Patience
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

Duac has saved my skin in the past. I quit using it last time and in 5-6 months my acne came back full force, so you MUST maintain treatment with any benzoyl peroxide topical. I have since begun to use it again (following a horrible experience with Differin 1%) and in 3 weeks my dryness is subsiding and my acne has improved. I think one of the most important things about this treatment is that you must use it in the correct way, STARTING SLOWLY and you must accompany use with a good, gentle skincare regime. Equally, you have to expect that your skin will become dry but it will pass, and it can take up to 8 weeks for your skin to show real improvement. My skin in weeks 2 and 3 of my treatment was red and peeling to the point where I didn't want to leave the house, I felt like I had just replaced my acne with an equally horrible skin condition! But it WILL pass with gentle and consistent use. I only apply Duac at night. At first I also applied a gentle moisturiser on top (Burts Bees Daily Sensitive Moisturiser) but now I apply only the Duac and leave it to work alone. I get my moisture from my daytime skincare. I think Duac can be a vital component in beating acne, but only if it is accompanied by a good, solid skincare routine and patience.

James
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

Fantastic product, the only thing that works for me. Unfortunately there has been a manufacturing problem with this product for some time & I have been unable to procure it recently because all the chemists I have contacted are out of stock. I did try a Benzoyl Peroxide Gel & a Clindamycin ointment instead but it was not effective, don't understand why. Is anyone having the same problem in purchasing it, or perhaps know somewhere still selling it or a good alternative? Kind regards

Good so far
Reviewed on August 16, 2014

I've been using duac for about 2 weeks now and I have seen a significant result. I am in the military so it was free for me, ( if anyone was wondering...) Anyway, before I got the product, I was hesitated to use it because I had read so many review about how it " burns" your skin. But, when I put it on, I felt nothing. No irritation, no burning sensation, nothing. So, I guess depending on the people, it's different. Well, in less than a week a I saw great results. About 5-6 of my cystic pimples were gone! Definitely give it a try.

it BURNT MY SKIN, WORST EXpERIENCE EVER WITH A TOpIC.
Reviewed on August 10, 2014

I know many people achieve great results from this gel, but I must warn you about the other side. I had a terrible breakout (6 bumps all together near my mouth) and, desperate, went to my doctor asking for help. She prescribed me this, and it was HORRIBLE, my face has NEVER BEEN AS BAD, it felt like it burned from the inside of my bumps. They went more and more inflamated, I kept on using it for 18 days because some reviews said it was bad at the beginning but then good. My breakout was worse, worse and worse, reddish, VERY INFLAMED, it hurt, and it didn´t heal at all. I quit it and my breakout kept going for 2 months IN TOTAL FROM THE BEGINNING. NEVER in my life had such a thing happened. This begun at 1st June, now it´s 10 th august and I still have like 12 red marks. So please, please, if you feel it´s inflaming you a lot, stop before it´s too late. Know the product is very good and effective for many people and I dont want to scare anybody, but I want to give this review because I didn´t read anything like this before taking it and it would have helped me. ps: I´m never alergic to anything, it was the first time ever something like this happened to me. ps2: sorry if my English is not perfect, I speak Spanish.

Duac is effective
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

I like this topical a lot it does it's job. You have to use it everyday. I put a moisturizer on top also. I use this in combination with Tazorac (used to use it with Differin but it seemed to stop working for me) and it is working well keeping things under control. I've been on Accutane twice but came back so I am sticking with topicals and a healthy diet.

Works fine
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

I used this for a long time. It's really annoying that its not available generic because its just two really basic cheap ingredients mixed together. You MUST keep this in the fridge for it to keep working, too, no joke, I had some years to experiment. It's annoying but true. Makes skin quite dry, use moisturizer on top.

Good but don't get comfy
Reviewed on July 22, 2014

When I first began using duac (about 3 years ago) it worked well, if I remember correctly. Mind you, my acne back then was mild anyway. It did, however, dry out my skin, and for the entire duration of using it, certain parts of my face were unmaskably red

. Within the past year (after two years of duac being great) it stopped working. I continued to use it, hoping it would pick up but within that third year, I had one incredibly bad breakout which took many months to begin to reduce, and after that, my skin would just do whatever it wanted. My skin is now dreadful, so it definately doesn't prevent any problems in the future. But hey, what does.

If you are suffering acne, definately give it a go, but just don't expect miracles. My skin was never perfect on it, but it was a lot better.

Worked really well for about a year but stopped
Reviewed on July 21, 2014

I used to love this product. This time last year my skin was 100% clear. I had no blemishes or flaws on my skin and it was all thanks to this miracle in a tube but unfortunately it stopped working after about 1 year of use. Once it stopped working I had the worst break out I had ever experienced. I got about 20 pimples over a couple of days and I would classify it as acne. It was extremely painful acne too. After this I tested out a new tube of duac but there was no difference in my skin and so I left it as my skin had somehow become resistant to the antibiotic Clindamycin. However, a few weeks back I went back to my local GP and asked for a new, fresh tube of it and even though the results haven't been as good as they were the first time I used this product, there is still a noticeable progression in the clearing of my skin. I now suffer less breakouts (I still do get the occasional breakout as I'm a 16 year old teenager with hormones). I would highly recommend this product to try out but don't be reliant on this product alone and buy a decent skincare set. I would also recommend having a trusty moisturisers handy because duac can really dry out your skin!

Works well for me
Reviewed on July 16, 2014

This is my go to product. Its worked really well but I also follow a schedule or regimen daily which I never skip.

I allpy this at night . First i start by cleansing with Bioderma Sensibo H20, then i apply this gel avoiding eyes and nose. Wait for it

To dry and go to bed. The next morning I clean with bioderma again then apply my sunscreen.

This did work for me. I tried everything else been a mission for 10 years.

For me this is all that works , I also keep my carb intake to a bare minimum.