Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1303 reviews

Clindamycin as phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimeticone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxid.

worked like a charm for Non-hormonal
Reviewed on December 10, 2014

Back when I was 14 I ended up with bad acne and occasionally cystic acne on my forehead, near the brows . I was put on this by my doctor and with-in a month my face was 100% clear! after using it for a year i noticed i had grown out of my acne by the age of 20... fast fwd to age 25 and I started having acne again but this time it was just focused at the cheeks (i'm told this is hormonal acne?). again i requested to be put on duac. unfortunately, it doesnt do wonders on hormonal acne. its taken care of most the little white heads but its not done anything for the cystic ones I'm getting in my cheeks. I've been referred to a derm, the scaring on my cheeks from this newest (now year long) break out is depressing. my pores from the cystic are blown out enlarged from the swelling.

Beware!
Reviewed on October 6, 2014

I had a very bad (allergic?) reaction to Duac and it took me over a week to recover. My face was red, swollen and painful with a burning sensation. It was bad. I would love to know if anyone else has had this reaction to Duac and if anyone knows what it is that causes it. Was it simply an allergic reaction to BP? Please share your experiences. I feel like so few people talk about these horrible side effects.

by mm71991 on 10/11/2014 23:10
Hi Saezon, I experience the reactions you've just mentioned. It was quite bad, i thought I was never going to use it again.. I was waiting a few days for a different cream to come through, during that wait I notice the swelling go down and my face looked a bit better.. I decided to use it again but a veryyyyy tiny amount, this time the reaction did not happen. My skin completely cleared in 3/4 weeks time, i LOVE IT SOOOO MUCHHHH. I've been on it for a year but I only use it once every 2 days now. if I apply a lot my face swells up again. I've figured out that the reactions happen because our skin is not used to it. be careful though!! if you put too much it will make your face peel after a few days, keep to a very thin layer and you won't notice any peeling & you won't have any reactions.
Good product
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

I have been using Duac for a month now and I have seen a significant improvement ,it's the best tropical acne drug that I have used till now

The only thing that I don't like ,that it makes make skin really dry but it's passable

by acnefighter2014 on 12/22/2014 06:36
Hi I was wondering if you get yours on prescription? Cos I've been told they discontinued :(
Amazinggggggg
Reviewed on September 3, 2014

I love this product!! I have litrally tried EVERYTHING! Starting from Sudecrem, tcp, toothpaste to brand names such as Simple, neutrogena and St Ives.. but nothing seemed to work. However i recently discovered the Duac Jel Cream which i picked up from the Pharmacy. After reading such good reviews and seeing drastic results i started using this product as soon as i purchased it. I stopped using my other products as i thought by using too much on my face could cause irratation and then result in my skin getting even worse. I have been using this product for over 3 month now and i couldn't ask for better results! you can even see a difference over night as the spots that were noticeable and red reduced dramatically in size and was soon gone in just a couple of days. As my skin is very dry i do still moustrise with my Simple Moustriser but other than that these are the only 2 products which i use on my face. I totally recommend this product to anyone who is in desperate need of a spot treatment that actually works in such a small amount of time, it's a life saver, i love ittttttt!

Definitely helps
Reviewed on August 28, 2014

So I've been using clindamicyn for about 6 months now and it definitely helps. I put it on in the morning and maybe once more in early evening. I definitely helps speed up the healing process and make pimples a lot smaller. Not sure how good it is at stopping new ones from coming up. But definitely recommend!

Lifesaver
Reviewed on August 27, 2014

This is a lifesaver for zits that come to a head. If I have a breakout I can count on Duac to shrink the pimples about 50% overnight. The next night takes care of the rest. It doesn't work for more deep-seated pimples or cysts, but amazingly for the rest. If I remember correctly it took me a little while to see results at first (started using about a year ago) but now it helps really fast. It doesn't stop new pimples from appearing, but it takes care of the ones that show up.

I stopped using it a couple of months ago because I ran out and my doctor wouldn't give me a new prescription as she claimed that it shouldn't be used continuosly for too long, but my acne became a whole lot more unmanagable with the cream she prescribed instead... Now I've got my hands on it again and it really helps, even though it doesn't cure things.

by Vanityfemme on 09/03/2014 16:00
Where did you buy it from? They are out of stock everywhere I've checked :(
by acnefighter2014 on 12/22/2014 06:40
Hi hope you are well ...I saw you posted on the Duac review I was wondering if you got hold of Duac gel anywhere as I'm having the same problem :(
Good, but...
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

I rate this product but there is always a stock issue from time to time and it's frustrating that, in my opinion, one of the best topical treatments is off the market for a number of weeks. Although it didn't completely clear my mild spots trouble, it will always stop spots from coming up if I see them early enough which has been a massive help. Been prescribed a different topical treatment now so will see what happens.

It Works With Patience
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

Duac has saved my skin in the past. I quit using it last time and in 5-6 months my acne came back full force, so you MUST maintain treatment with any benzoyl peroxide topical. I have since begun to use it again (following a horrible experience with Differin 1%) and in 3 weeks my dryness is subsiding and my acne has improved. I think one of the most important things about this treatment is that you must use it in the correct way, STARTING SLOWLY and you must accompany use with a good, gentle skincare regime. Equally, you have to expect that your skin will become dry but it will pass, and it can take up to 8 weeks for your skin to show real improvement. My skin in weeks 2 and 3 of my treatment was red and peeling to the point where I didn't want to leave the house, I felt like I had just replaced my acne with an equally horrible skin condition! But it WILL pass with gentle and consistent use. I only apply Duac at night. At first I also applied a gentle moisturiser on top (Burts Bees Daily Sensitive Moisturiser) but now I apply only the Duac and leave it to work alone. I get my moisture from my daytime skincare. I think Duac can be a vital component in beating acne, but only if it is accompanied by a good, solid skincare routine and patience.

James
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

Fantastic product, the only thing that works for me. Unfortunately there has been a manufacturing problem with this product for some time & I have been unable to procure it recently because all the chemists I have contacted are out of stock. I did try a Benzoyl Peroxide Gel & a Clindamycin ointment instead but it was not effective, don't understand why. Is anyone having the same problem in purchasing it, or perhaps know somewhere still selling it or a good alternative? Kind regards

by acnefighter2014 on 12/22/2014 06:44
I'm having the same problem and my acnes back :( Did you manage to get hold of Duac in the end?
Good so far
Reviewed on August 16, 2014

I've been using duac for about 2 weeks now and I have seen a significant result. I am in the military so it was free for me, ( if anyone was wondering...) Anyway, before I got the product, I was hesitated to use it because I had read so many review about how it " burns" your skin. But, when I put it on, I felt nothing. No irritation, no burning sensation, nothing. So, I guess depending on the people, it's different. Well, in less than a week a I saw great results. About 5-6 of my cystic pimples were gone! Definitely give it a try.