Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1333 reviews

Brand: Duac

Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimethicone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxide.

Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Only thing that worked for me
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

This worked amazing hand in hand with minocycline it took around 3 or 4 months but it's cleared my not mostly but COMPLETELY I have recently stopped mono. Keeping up with the gel hoping it was helping me the most. So far okay had an increase in small spots. Try to use both but duac does work pretty damn well!

Worked amazingly the first time
Reviewed on August 16, 2016

when I initially used this, it was amazing, cleared up my skin and carried on using it for a couple years then stopped. After I stopped, my acne was getting bad again so i tried using it again but it didn't really work as well.

Good but got a rash
Reviewed on August 9, 2016

Started using this as I had mild acne on my chest worked perfectly and cleared it all up but it comeback so I got a new tube off the doctor and I woke up this morning with a rash on my forehead and chest this has never happened before so I am unsure if I should keep using it or not as I would really like to clear up my chest

Reviewed on February 11, 2016

i used to break out alot all over my face i couldn't even look ppl in their eyes so i decided to go to see the doc and got this duac gel with some oral med i used this gel and i started to see the result in week5 it was not fast but i was very patient and it worked !!

It only worked for 1,5 months then my face got worse again :(

Reviewed on July 28, 2016

Great for getting rid of mild acne and has stopped me from breaking out at all however leaves scarring so make sure to use sun protection when out

Reviewed on July 25, 2016

Okay so I literally never leave reviews for anything but this duac gel has seriously changed my life. In 2014 I moved cities and this caused me emotional stress to which my face completly broke out and for two years never managed to recover. I would use products such as bio oil for scarring and sucocrem to heal the after math of squeezing a spot. These worked at healing the face after a break out but did absolutley nothing to prevent further breakouts. My diet has been the same for as long as I can remember even before I had perfectly clear skin. About two months ago I had a big emotional break down as my skin was so so bad that I literally couldnt remember the last time I went make up free. The spots I used to get were under the skin ones on my chin, around my mouth and on my forehead. I eventually booked a doctors appointment and got diagnosed with mild acne to which I was then prescribed duac gel, I have used this now for around two months and my skin is almost completely clear, all thats left to tackle is the scarring. The side effects are very minimal such as flaking of the skin but exfoliating and using a good moisturiser helps with this. I also feel the need to mention how amazing the OLAY 7 in one moistureiser is in closing your pores so tackle oily skin. All in all I am over the moon with the product and will be back to the doctors soon to get some more. Also im in Scotland, UK so am lucky enough to get this free on the NHS. Sorry I dont know where to buy this gel elsewhere. Good luck guys :)

Reviewed on May 5, 2016

So I've been using this for over 7 months now. I started using it at the end of August 2015 last year. (Bearing in mind I had to keep getting it every 3 months because you have to use it in that time)

I remember going to my doctors asking for some sort of treatment which would help with my consistent breakouts. I had lots of pimples all over my forehead that would NEVER go, along with massive spots scattered all over my face (mainly jawline, and t-zone area apart from nose) and I would have large pimples that would end up as hard red spots with a whitehead in the middle, leaving me with scarring which I still have to deal with now.

When I was first given this, I did not notice anything drastic until about 4-5 days of using it (ever night I would apply). My face had turned a blotchy red and my spots looked like a dreadful acne outburst. My skin was dry and very sore. I remember being very harsh on my skin and thinking that abrasive skin washes such as exfoliaters and my no7 electric skincare brush would help, but it made everything much MUCH worse and my skin had never hurt so bad in my life.

Anyway I stopped doing that obviously, and started using products for sensitive skin. I continued the use of the DUAC treatment because my skin was already bad so I had nothing to loose...

A few weeks down the line and my skin started to clear up,the little bumps scattered all over my forehead were disappearing and the pimples were fading into scares. It was a miracle. I was finally happy with my skin.

I discontinued treatment after about a month because I felt I didn't need to use it.

Then in September I noticed a few spots emerging which I got slightly worried about so I used Duac again and it went away and mostly was all gone by end of October.

From November up until end of December my face was clear.

I still had clusters of spots come up here and there but nothing that concerned me too much and could manage to fix myself.

My clear face lasted up Until mid March 2016. Now I'm dealing with it all again!!!!!

The spots suddenly just appear before my period starts and then don't go away. I'm not sure if considering birth-control for this is a good idea or not as some have said in previous posts. Anyhow my face is a mess again. I noticed worrying signs from around 18th March. I asked to be prescribed Duac again. I'm also on differin cream now because my face is covered in blackheads and horrendous very-visible large pores :( not to mention I'm only 16....

Now I'm going through the experience AGAIN. And it's SO FRUSTRATING. I'm in a constant dilemma with my skin and I now have lots of scarring to make matters worse.

Today is 5th of May in which I'm writing this. I'm not sure what to do anymore.. Been on Duac again for just over a week now and skin is all blotchy and red and I've got spots appearing that weren't there before using Duac. (Frustrating, but as to be expected)

I'm going to continue use because I know that this product has worked for me in the past, and I would deffinetly recommend it because it has given me clear skin. If anyone can help me or has been in the same situation, let me know your thoughts :)

I'll probably do another review of this later to give updates if anything happens :)

A few tips I can give is to wash face with warm water before applying at night, and use a very thin layer to prevent that hard dry peeling skin that you can get if you splodge it all over your face.

ONLY put it in areas you need it, because it can make matters worse as I have experienced.

Use it once a day at night only... Your face may become immune to the treatment of you overuse it.

Get a lot of sleep so that the treatment can get to work on your face :)

I would also say to not give up if you feel it's not working. It takes time...trust me (but if no improvement after a month then...consider doing something else?)

Use a good moisturiser to prevent the dry flakey skin, especially if you wear foundation like me because it's horrendous. Good luck :)

I am happy to say that after my recent review of this product which I made on the 5th May 2016, my skin has got A LOT better.

Today is the 9th July, and I'm thankful to be saying my skin is a lot clearer today then it was 2 months ago.

2 months ago I had: many many spots/lumps/clogged pores covering my forehead that kept re-appearing and would never go away. My forehead is now clear and soft to the touch!!

Much of the spots which surrounded my face mainly on my cheeks/jawline/chin have gone away!

The disastrous mess which I was once complaining about is no longer a problem for me!

HOWEVER: the battle and journey with my skin has not ended. I still don't have the skin I want and I'm far from it.

I still have a few pimples but much, much less.

I still have dozens of blackheads and sebaceous filments on my nose and chin.

My cheeks (mainly my left) have scarring which i am treating with bio oil and will take time to fade.

The issue which I am having the most trouble with is my pores. They are HUGE and I'm not exaggerating when I say you can see them a metre away from me. Complete and utter orange peel skin. Absolutely dreadful and something I've been trying to treat for a very long time, bearing in mind I am 16 and most 50/60 year olds don't have pores the size of mine. I am constantly wearing primers and foundation to diminish the hate I have for my skin.

In conjunction with this issue: I have purchased DML lotion. A forum user posted that he applied this product 6x a day and in 3 days the pores were gone. ( I will let you know how it goes!!!)

Anyhow, there are many positives and I am not giving up and will continue to share my journey with others in hope that I can be of help.

This product has truly helped my skin and I am very very glad that I re prescribed it. I just need to take the right measures to continue my skin in the right direction to ward off anymore acne outbreaks!

I would say, if you haven't tried this product, you should!! Give it time and once you've got over the worst of it in the first few weeks, you'll be glad you tried it. ✨✨✨

by kerlow13 on 05/30/2016 10:04
Where do you buy Duac?
by spacedaisyxx on 07/22/2016 03:31
Maybe if you stopped filling your pores in with makeup, your acne troubles would desist or calm down. You're literally not giving your skin any breathing time when you do that (despite what labels say- drug store and department level brands). Don't use anything abrasive on your skin either, my dermatologist suggested any sort of scrubs were horrible for my skin. All I use is tea tree oil on the end of a qtip for any random blemishes. Wash your face with gentle soap and warm water x2 daily. And drink lots of water. I'm 23. I never had acne growing up. And I've never developed an issue with it. Hope this helps.
by H4nnz on 08/01/2016 10:02
In regards to @spacedaisyxx It is not the makeup. It may sound like I cake myself in it but u can tell you that the products I use on my skin do not make my pore size worse. It's been like this for years. I always make sure to take off all my makeup thouraghly and to not keep it on my face for too long. My skin is very very oily, I have excessive sabecous glands which contribute to my pore size. Yes I know that harsh face products will do my skin no good, but this was atleast a year ago when I was on Duac and it made my skin much more sensitive prone to products I was using before. You're lucky that you never had acne growing up but just because you only use 'tea tree' and gentle soap (which obviously I've tried) does not mean it will work for me or other people. Acne users spend years finding all sorts of ways to treat their skin in the best possible way. Thankyou for your response though.
by Juj on 09/01/2016 12:26
Spacedaisy if you've never had acne why would you even be on this thread. It's not because she wears makeup. People with severe acne are so sick of being shamed for every life decision they make being tied to their condition. "Eat green, don't wear makeup, hop up and down on one leg on a full moon" all these requests are things that only work if you have a random breakout, not severe acne. So until you've had severe acne..I wouldn't go spewing advice on random acne threads?
Variable results
Reviewed on June 26, 2016

This cream is a godsend for people who have never used it before/for people who have never used topical creams before. It WILL clear your face up, you just need to give it some time (I'd say around 3/4 months). BUT, this cream WILL dry your face out therefore it is recommended for you to use moisturisers and gentle exfoliating creams (to remove skin flakes and dead skin). For me personally, this was the first topical cream I had ever used and it worked perfectly. I used it at the end of high school and had a completely clear face with no scars at the beginning of college. When you stop using this cream, your acne may or may not come back. This depends on how you stop using this. If you slowly and gradually reduce the amount you apply to your face, your acne will have less of a chance of coming back. HOWEVER. If you abruptly stop using Duac, it may come back with a vengeance. For me, this cream lost its usefulness the more I applied it over the years. I would stop using it and then start using it again after a couple of months. Just recently, my acne has started becoming worse and I was therefore prescribed this cream again. But it has done absolutely nothing to help my skin. So I have mixed opinions about Duac and believe it is only particularly useful to those who have never used it before.

Miracle worker
Reviewed on June 17, 2016

This gel works miracles! I used this for about three years with retin-a and bactrim and then later doxycycline and my skin rarely had a breakout. The initial reaction was AWFUL. My skin peeled and burned so bad that I was in tears and I had such a bad initial breakout that I skipped school for a few days but I am SO glad that I was patient. In my opinion, it's more than worth it. The only complaint I have is that after I went off the treatment, my acne came right back almost immediately. After taking a break from the treatment for a few years, it no longer works.

Cleared Me Up, but Oh the Peeling!
Reviewed on June 16, 2016

I finally caved and went to a derm who prescribed a trifecta of BP facewash (10%), Duac, and Retin-a. I try to avoid the BP facewash since it seems excessive to use multiple drying agents on my face, so I just wash with African black soap at night and splash water in the morning. The Duac is meant to be used in the morning, and the Retin-a at night. I was advised to use the Retin-a every 3 days at first, then slowly make it a part of my nightly routine. I only mention all this because my skin has become very noticeably clear in only a week, and really the only treatment I can attribute such a development to is the Duac. I suddenly developed severe adult acne a year ago, marked by pustule components across my forehead and cheekbones, and painful cystic components along the jawline and sometimes down the sides of my neck. This acne was so stubborn and it always seemed as soon as I had a hold on it a new zit would crop up which in turn bred 2 more zits, and so forth! I used topicals as a teen but never had very good results, so I wasn't very optimistic. I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by how quickly even the most stubborn pimples a reduced in size, redness, and tenderness. However, be prepared for the peeling. Maybe not peeling, but flaking. I mean, you can literally just kinda slough it off with a finger. Because I don't use a harsh cleanser in the morning this isn't very noticeable during the day, but once I get out of the shower at night (after I've washed my face with black soap) it is VERY noticeable. Granted my face doesn't feel dry or tight, just looks it (and if it's only at night when I'm home it's all good), so I can deal. Give it a try, if it's going to work you'll probably notice very quickly