Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1327 reviews

Brand: Duac

Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimethicone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxide.

Miracle worker
Reviewed on June 17, 2016

This gel works miracles! I used this for about three years with retin-a and bactrim and then later doxycycline and my skin rarely had a breakout. The initial reaction was AWFUL. My skin peeled and burned so bad that I was in tears and I had such a bad initial breakout that I skipped school for a few days but I am SO glad that I was patient. In my opinion, it's more than worth it. The only complaint I have is that after I went off the treatment, my acne came right back almost immediately. After taking a break from the treatment for a few years, it no longer works.

Cleared Me Up, but Oh the Peeling!
Reviewed on June 16, 2016

I finally caved and went to a derm who prescribed a trifecta of BP facewash (10%), Duac, and Retin-a. I try to avoid the BP facewash since it seems excessive to use multiple drying agents on my face, so I just wash with African black soap at night and splash water in the morning. The Duac is meant to be used in the morning, and the Retin-a at night. I was advised to use the Retin-a every 3 days at first, then slowly make it a part of my nightly routine. I only mention all this because my skin has become very noticeably clear in only a week, and really the only treatment I can attribute such a development to is the Duac. I suddenly developed severe adult acne a year ago, marked by pustule components across my forehead and cheekbones, and painful cystic components along the jawline and sometimes down the sides of my neck. This acne was so stubborn and it always seemed as soon as I had a hold on it a new zit would crop up which in turn bred 2 more zits, and so forth! I used topicals as a teen but never had very good results, so I wasn't very optimistic. I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by how quickly even the most stubborn pimples a reduced in size, redness, and tenderness. However, be prepared for the peeling. Maybe not peeling, but flaking. I mean, you can literally just kinda slough it off with a finger. Because I don't use a harsh cleanser in the morning this isn't very noticeable during the day, but once I get out of the shower at night (after I've washed my face with black soap) it is VERY noticeable. Granted my face doesn't feel dry or tight, just looks it (and if it's only at night when I'm home it's all good), so I can deal. Give it a try, if it's going to work you'll probably notice very quickly

good but not great
Reviewed on May 24, 2016

i was recommended by my derm after having my hormonal zits that are huge. Have been using this gel for a week now. it stated as it can be very drying. It zaps the pimple very quickly and immediately reduces it the next day. Normally my pimple will takes about a week to heal but this zaps the pimple within 2-3 days only. I also used this on my whiteheads. However, it leaves dark spots (like sunburn spots) where the pimple and whiteheads used to be on my forehead that is very annoying. Wished that it will not leave those spots otherwise it will be perfect for me. Will only use it to zap those huge pimples

Life-saver!!!
Reviewed on May 19, 2016

My doctor prescribed me with Duac just over a month ago, and honestly the results have been unbelievable!! I've had persistent acne since I was around thirteen or so - lots of whiteheads and sore inflamed spots. My skin cleared up in less than two weeks!! I use a mild cleanser first then apply a thin layer of Duac just before I go to bed. The only side effect is that my skin got a little bit dry and flaky but it made a change to constantly oily skin. My doctor said if you get dry skin buy aqueous cream over the counter as it's the best moisturiser for Duac - this has really helped soothe my skin! If you're considering using Duac I would say go for it!!!! It takes about a week to make a difference but after that the results are really quick and I now have completely clear skin!!!!!!!

by kerlow13 on 05/30/2016 10:06
Where is Duac available? All local drugstores do not have any stock of this miracle gel :-(
by emma_isabe11e on 06/01/2016 07:08
You have to go to your doctor and ask for a prescription, then they should give it to you! Good luck :)
Cleared up my skin..but not long term
Reviewed on May 5, 2016

So I've been using this for over 7 months now. I started using it at the end of August 2015 last year. (Bearing in mind I had to keep getting it every 3 months because you have to use it in that time)

I remember going to my doctors asking for some sort of treatment which would help with my consistent breakouts. I had lots of pimples all over my forehead that would NEVER go, along with massive spots scattered all over my face (mainly jawline, and t-zone area apart from nose) and I would have large pimples that would end up as hard red spots with a whitehead in the middle, leaving me with scarring which I still have to deal with now.

When I was first given this, I did not notice anything drastic until about 4-5 days of using it (ever night I would apply). My face had turned a blotchy red and my spots looked like a dreadful acne outburst. My skin was dry and very sore. I remember being very harsh on my skin and thinking that abrasive skin washes such as exfoliaters and my no7 electric skincare brush would help, but it made everything much MUCH worse and my skin had never hurt so bad in my life.

Anyway I stopped doing that obviously, and started using products for sensitive skin. I continued the use of the DUAC treatment because my skin was already bad so I had nothing to loose...

A few weeks down the line and my skin started to clear up,the little bumps scattered all over my forehead were disappearing and the pimples were fading into scares. It was a miracle. I was finally happy with my skin.

I discontinued treatment after about a month because I felt I didn't need to use it.

Then in September I noticed a few spots emerging which I got slightly worried about so I used Duac again and it went away and mostly was all gone by end of October.

From November up until end of December my face was clear.

I still had clusters of spots come up here and there but nothing that concerned me too much and could manage to fix myself.

My clear face lasted up Until mid March 2016. Now I'm dealing with it all again!!!!!

The spots suddenly just appear before my period starts and then don't go away. I'm not sure if considering birth-control for this is a good idea or not as some have said in previous posts. Anyhow my face is a mess again. I noticed worrying signs from around 18th March. I asked to be prescribed Duac again. I'm also on differin cream now because my face is covered in blackheads and horrendous very-visible large pores :( not to mention I'm only 16....

Now I'm going through the experience AGAIN. And it's SO FRUSTRATING. I'm in a constant dilemma with my skin and I now have lots of scarring to make matters worse.

Today is 5th of May in which I'm writing this. I'm not sure what to do anymore.. Been on Duac again for just over a week now and skin is all blotchy and red and I've got spots appearing that weren't there before using Duac. (Frustrating, but as to be expected)

I'm going to continue use because I know that this product has worked for me in the past, and I would deffinetly recommend it because it has given me clear skin. If anyone can help me or has been in the same situation, let me know your thoughts :)

I'll probably do another review of this later to give updates if anything happens :)

A few tips I can give is to wash face with warm water before applying at night, and use a very thin layer to prevent that hard dry peeling skin that you can get if you splodge it all over your face.

ONLY put it in areas you need it, because it can make matters worse as I have experienced.

Use it once a day at night only... Your face may become immune to the treatment of you overuse it.

Get a lot of sleep so that the treatment can get to work on your face :)

I would also say to not give up if you feel it's not working. It takes time...trust me (but if no improvement after a month then...consider doing something else?)

Use a good moisturiser to prevent the dry flakey skin, especially if you wear foundation like me because it's horrendous. Good luck :)

by kerlow13 on 05/30/2016 10:04
Where do you buy Duac?
5stars
Reviewed on March 23, 2016

this stuff worked really good and started clearing my face in a week or two. I would get small zits all over and they have completely gone away and no new zits have come up and noo reddness or dryness. i really love it

by superadam on 05/06/2016 07:44
where did you buy this product?
a qustion for it
Reviewed on March 23, 2016

after curing pimple will it will leave dark spots on face

Amazing wow
Reviewed on March 15, 2016

So I literally have never reviewed anything ever before online but I have to to here. I've been using Duac gel in the morning and Isotrexin at night for 6 months now. My acne and GONE and please note I have been dealing with mild acne since I was 13 and I am now 26. This combination was prescribed to me by my deem and I was also told to start slow and initially alternated days and weeks etc of using it so I started out very slow which minimized the negative effect at the beginning, therefore it was easier to deal with going to work and being out in public with initial breakout and super dry skin. I stared seeing positive results at around the 3 month mark and now 6 months later I have no pimples. I would usual ally in the past have tones of small pimples on my forehead and some around my nose and chin and although individually the pimples were not that bad, there were so many of them at once and always. Every morning I was scared to look on the mirror to see how many news ones had cropped up overnight. I did go through redness, burning, itching, stinging but in the end and with a good moisturizer (I use OBAGI facial hydrate) it's so worth it!!!!!

GREAT
Reviewed on February 11, 2016

i used to break out alot all over my face i couldn't even look ppl in their eyes so i decided to go to see the doc and got this duac gel with some oral med i used this gel and i started to see the result in week5 it was not fast but i was very patient and it worked !!

Initially worked really well!
Reviewed on February 7, 2016

This was the first prescription treatment I received from my doctor when I had moderate acne all along the temples on both sides of my face and a bit on my forehead. Whilst this didn't work straight away, it reduced inflammation and within 3 months I was clear! After the 3 month period, I just began to spot treat with the cream and not apply it all over my temples and forehead. Soon after, I'm not too sure why, but my skin became very sensitive to this cream and quite often I would wake up the next morning with a terrible, red, itchy rash which was all over my face and my neck. I believe it was the benzoyl peroxide which irritated my skin as I tried other treatments after this with benzoyl peroxide in them and the same thing seemed to occur. Ultimately, I think that this topical treatment is worth a try for mild-moderate acne.

by H4nnz on 05/11/2016 16:58
Hi, was this because you never got a new Duac cream? After the 3 month mark it stops working as runs out of date. Maybe that's why?