Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1338 reviews

Brand: Duac

Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimethicone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxide.

Mild treatment.
Reviewed on July 19, 2017

Didn't really work well for me but was one of the only creams that didn't burn my face.

Works for only so long..
Reviewed on June 19, 2017

Ever since I was 12 years old, I started breaking out like crazy. I had acne all over my face. I put up with it for quite awhile, only using over the counter products. Once I hit grade 11, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to go to my family doctor. I asked for this after I had heard from my sister that this was the only thing that helped with her acne.

I believe I noticed an improvement within the first 2 weeks. I didn't experience an initial breakout. My skin just seemed to get maybe 60% better. I didn't have acne on my forehead anymore, only some along the cheeks. However, my skin was never able to get fully clear with this.

With it taking my severe acne to moderate acne, I was happy up until I developed what seemed like a resistance to the medication. I was using this every night for the past 3 years.

Now, this topical doesn't seem to make any difference with my acne. For that reason, I went to a derm and am now trying Tactupump as my last topical attempt before trying oral pills.

I gave this a 3 stars because while it didn't completely solve my problem, It was the one medication that helped me at a very desperate time in my life and boosted my self-esteem for quite a while.

Works great for me
Reviewed on May 27, 2017

About 8 years ago I started breaking out pretty bad. Adult acne is really difficult to treat. I wore zero makeup, and used good creams. I tried all the natural and organic ways to reduce acne (tea tree oil, honey, etc.). Nothing helped.

Eventually my doctor prescribed me Retin-A. I used that for a year with only a slight reduction in breakouts, but still pretty covered in zits. Then my doctor put me on Doxycycline. That took a long time to work, but helped my zits a lot. However, I never was 100% clear, but I could live with a couple zits at any given moment. After I took that for 3 years, I asked my doctor to put me on something that isn't bad for my gut.

We switched to the Clindamycin and Benzo duo. I slowly tapered off my Doxycycline, and slowly brought the Duac cream into my regimen. I have been on the Duac for about 4 months, and I have never had better skin. I have zero acne spots. No clogged pores. I am still using Retin-A in the evenings and Duac in the mornings. I couldn't be happier. I just hope it lasts.

by reem.zm on 06/01/2017 11:37
Doesn't that routine dry your skin out a lot? I've been using Duac in the evenings and my skin is super dry in the morning so I use a very hyrdrating moisturiser in the morning :/
Worked well for a few months
Reviewed on May 9, 2017

I got prescribed this gel last summer for mild-moderate acne. The medication starting working within a few weeks, and my skin was 80% clear within a month of use. I didn't have any major side effects while using this cream aside from some dry skin in the first few weeks. Unfortunately this product stopped working for me after about 4 or 5 months of use. I took a break from using it while on vacation for a week (this gel increases sun sensitivity) and when I started using it again on my return, I ended breaking out again and not clearing up anymore. I think it might be due to the fact that it's an antibiotic, and therefore the bacteria on your skin can eventually become resistant if the gel isn't used regularly.

Tough and strong
Reviewed on January 27, 2017

I have been using Duac for years. Using only pin drop amounts on the pore head of each pimple. Time consuming for sure but at least I don't burn my face to pieces the way I did when I didn't know any better and first started using it. Also, even though I have a brand new prescription I keep an expired tube when I need to use on a larger area so it's not as strong. But what I believe really helps - for all the users who have the red marks after - ask for a prescription of Tazorac. I use the strongest formula .01% - it's like using RetinA but it also conditions the skin at the same time. And when I use it consistently I can actually peel fine layers off.

I hope this helps someone else.

And for the person who left a note about not using makeup . . . when I lived in NYC my dermatologist insisted I use foundation to keep the dirt out of my pores. And it worked!!! He was a dermatologist for the top models in NY and he saved my skin.

Good luck to everyone! Happy skin!

by 59i on 01/27/2017 04:05
BTW, he recommended Cover Girl!
Only thing that worked for me
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

This worked amazing hand in hand with minocycline it took around 3 or 4 months but it's cleared my not mostly but COMPLETELY I have recently stopped mono. Keeping up with the gel hoping it was helping me the most. So far okay had an increase in small spots. Try to use both but duac does work pretty damn well!

Worked amazingly the first time
Reviewed on August 16, 2016

when I initially used this, it was amazing, cleared up my skin and carried on using it for a couple years then stopped. After I stopped, my acne was getting bad again so i tried using it again but it didn't really work as well.

Good but got a rash
Reviewed on August 9, 2016

Started using this as I had mild acne on my chest worked perfectly and cleared it all up but it comeback so I got a new tube off the doctor and I woke up this morning with a rash on my forehead and chest this has never happened before so I am unsure if I should keep using it or not as I would really like to clear up my chest

GREAT
Reviewed on February 11, 2016

i used to break out alot all over my face i couldn't even look ppl in their eyes so i decided to go to see the doc and got this duac gel with some oral med i used this gel and i started to see the result in week5 it was not fast but i was very patient and it worked !!

Update!

It only worked for 1,5 months then my face got worse again :(

Good
Reviewed on July 28, 2016

Great for getting rid of mild acne and has stopped me from breaking out at all however leaves scarring so make sure to use sun protection when out