Dr. Sheffield's Clear Zit Acne Treatment Cream reviews

4.2/5 - 164 reviews

Brand: Dr. Sheffield's

Benzoyl Peroxide (10% ).

Aluminum Hydroxide, Carbomer, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, PEG 12, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Purified Water.

Dr. Sheffield's 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Maximum Strength Clear Zit
updated: 07/24/2016 15:31 UTC

it works
Reviewed on February 22, 2016

I use it on small spot on my face if i have a breakout and only at nighttime.By morning Ive noticed the size of the blemish is smaller and gone in few day!

Excellent Product
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

I have a pilonidal cyst, and I do NOT want to have the surgeon carve a huge hole in my rear end. I think it's because of the cyst that I get really bad acne breakouts on my butt. I buy ClearZit from [link removed], and it really works. I'm embarrased to talk about the huge zits I get on my rear end, but I like this product so much, I'm writing this review. I also occassionaly get big zits on my nose, too, and I'm 60 years old. Lucky me. You can feel this product working when you apply it. I have very sensitive skin, but I've never had any problems with rashes or reactions. This is a relatively inexpensive product that works very well. I always have some in my medicine cabinet.

Acne sufferer
Reviewed on September 14, 2015

I used a steroid on my face for 13 days and when I stopped using it, I got soo many rash like pimples on my face. I was told to buy clear zit 10% benzoyl peroxide. Day 1 and it seems to have reduced the inflammation of some pimples. I'll give an update in a week but so far so good. I personally like the burning sensation, makes me feel like it's sending the pimples to hell. I'll rate it 2 stars for now, let's see if my condition improves in a week.

From acne to rashes.
Reviewed on August 8, 2015

I used this cream a long time ago and it worked so I kept it in my cabinet. This week i used it as spot treatment for some really bad acne I was experiencing. Now the acne is gone but I have huge red itchy welts all over my face. I look gross. It's lasted 3 days already, no sign of getting better soon. Idk how to treat this, I couldn't reach an operator at their business phone number. I'll try again tomorrow and update you all.

LOVE
Reviewed on July 16, 2015

Salicylic acid has never really worked for my face but as soon as i saw this and started using is as a spot treatment it works like magic it dries up those horribly red pimples that hurt so bad 10/10 would recommend.

by Acneisruiningmylifeee0510 on 09/14/2015 20:16
How long did it take the benzoyl peroxide to completely clear the acne?
DO NOT GET THIS CREAM
Reviewed on June 5, 2015

Who needs tattoos when you have this cream?

Now I have an "L" on my face! Great!

This product works but its so strong
Reviewed on February 22, 2015

I used this product for only two days and it worked but then my face was swollen and I didn't like how my face felt.

Love it!
Reviewed on February 7, 2015

I've had pretty bad acne for the entirety of my teenage years. A few months ago, I came across Clear Zit at Dollar General, and thought, "Hey, why not?". Within two days, my face was clearer than it had been in years. TWO. DAYS. I was in shock. Now, I swear by it. The only downside is that it causes the skin under my eyes to swell for a few hours after use, but now the days where it swells are few and far between. I highly recommend this product, definitely worth the $1.50 I spent on it!

Finally
Reviewed on December 11, 2014

Proactive has benzoyl peroxide in it....that's y it bleached my sheets and towels...proactive also worked wonders for me. I stopped using it because the billing was always screwed up they would charge me extra sending bills in the mail. It's been 2 years hunting for the perfect skin care regime trying new things...and nothing has worked like this clear zit cream. I have super oily shiny skin, and this has perfected my skin into a matte appearance in just two nights and two days. Yes it does dry out the skin, but it's perfect becUse that's the skin that you need to exfoliate off anyway. It also dries up acne scars that I've had for years....now all I have to do is put on a great moisturizer or oil...and I'm super happy, burns like crazy wether you put a lot or a little on..but so do chemical peels...so it's safe.

HORRIBLE!
Reviewed on September 18, 2014

I do NOT recommend this product!!! I experienced a horrible burning sensation! At first I thought it was just tingling, like regular products do,but no it's not like that at all!! When I wiped it off, I has horrible discoloration to my face, you could see exactly where I had applied the cream. And I had horrible irritation and redness. I literally cried, at the way my face looked after taking it off. I will NEVER use this or any associated product again!! I DO NOT recommend to anyone!!

by joclaw828 on 11/21/2014 15:39
How long did the discoloration last? Did any products help to return your skin color back to normal? The same thing happened to me :(