Dr. Sheffield's Clear Zit Acne Cream

Average price: $2.43

Brand: Dr. Sheffield's

Most helpful review

By Pim, Niagara Falls, New York on 01/25/2013

Basically a great cream, and one of the best if you're looking to get rid of acne fast, as long as you're willing to deal with a little burning and use it only once a day, you'll be happy with the results..

Pros:
  • Clears up acne pretty fast, also good for greasy face (Since all it does is just dry your skin, so use a moisturizer too) Cleared up ALL of my pimples and black heads in about a week and a half.
Cons:
  • Burns a bit and dries out your skin (which isn't much of a problem as long as you use a good moisturizer after applying it)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful

10% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Dr. Sheffield's 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Maximum Strength Clear Zit
updated: 04/17/2014 01:26 UTC
Dr. Sheffield's Clear Zit 10% Acne Cream 1 oz (Pack of 12)
updated: 04/17/2014 01:26 UTC

Member reviews

“Cheap...effective”
By on

This has to be one of the most affordable, and most effective products I've ever used. I have horrible acne (well its not bad but if it hurts your self-esteem its horrible) and I've been on the regime for about three months, it was working but i wasn't clear, plus I was spending a ton of money buying all the products each month (Dan your shipping prices need work) So here's my new, affordable, effective regime that will get you acne clear in a month or less

1. Salsic Acid cleaser

2. Dr.Song 2.5% BP (Sooooo much cheaper than Acne.org's and feels/looks the same)

3. Dr. Sheffield's Clear Zit Acne Cream (night only)

4. Moisturizer mixed with AHA (only mix with AHA at night)

Do this and you will be acne fee in no-time

Pros

• Clears up zits...fast
  • Cheap
  • Effective

Cons

• Can cause flakes for first week
  • Might burn, but I like that
  • for about a month
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Very happy!”
By on

Recently I switched face washes and my skin did not approve! I broke out in horrible, painful, huge pimples that rivaled any teenagers pizza face. Well, desperate, I started a new facial care cleaning regimen last night. It was absolutely dirt cheap (less than $10 for all of it) so I had absolutely no hope for any real success, I just hoped I could avoid breaking out more and ride it out until the horrible painful pimples went away on their own.

To my absolute shock, after one night my face is almost completely clear and the horrible, huge, painful pimples are tiny and don't hurt at all! I must have stumbled across a miracle! My face has seriously never felt so clean!

I used the DG black head cleanser ($3 at dollar general) first last night and this morning followed both times by Dickenson' all natural witch hazel ($3 at Walgreen's). I used the clearzit ($1.50 at Dollar General) only last night after the face wash and witch hazel and it did burn, but nothing I couldn't handle. I didn't notice any drying and didn't need to use a moisturizer this morning. I'm very happy with how these products work together! Yay!

Pros

• It works!
  • It's dirt cheap!
  • It didn't stink or stain my pillow.

Cons

• It burns.
  • It itches.
  • for a day or two
  • $ 1.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Why its burning my face? :c”
By on

It really works fast but it's burning my skin. Now I have spots all over my face.

Pros

• Dry pimples fast

Cons

• Burn your skin
  • for about a week
  • $ 1.6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“tryin this out”
By on

My mother n law has been trying to get me to use this cream for years she gave me a tube and its been in my bathroom for months. Well today I finally used it I have no results yet; but I hope this burning sensation means it's working and not that it's burning my skin off. More results coming soon.

Pros

• i didn't have to pay for it but i`ve heard its cheap

Cons

• burning is all i have so far
  • for a day or two
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Seriously a miracle!”
By on

This product is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I was so skeptical, since I bought it for literally a dollar on sale at Dollar General. But, it's only a dollar, so why not? I've always been apprehensive about benzoyl peroxide treatments because of my sensitive skin, and this one having 10%, I almost didn't even want to put it on my face. Boy, am I glad I did. I've suffered from mild to severe acne over the past seven years, trying everything from prescription, to natural, and to nothing. I use it with Johnson and Johnson Purpose gentle cleanser, a hypoallergenic, soap free cleanser that I can almost swear by. At first, I didn't experience any dryness or redness. I do now, but I really like the burning dryness. It makes me feel like I'm really killing the pimples. If you do experience dryness, even if it itches or burns, DON'T PUT MOISTURIZER ON IT YET. Let it dry out your pimples over night, and then use an extremely moisturizing lotion the next morning. After just one day, the redness and size of the pimples went down tremendously. After two days, it's just a small scab. It is the best product for people who are just ready to give up. I've even put it on a cyst, and it shrunk up to a small white head in just four days. It does not prevent the pimples, but it does kill the ones already present.

Pros

• Works great, FAST!
  • Dries out pimples very quickly.
  • So cheap.

Cons

• Dryness is good and bad, quite irritating, but very effective.
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“it works . . : )”
By on

I bought this product a few months ago && I am still using it to this day. The first time , it really itched && I tried my hardest not to scratch it. After a few days , I noticed that my acne went away. Now , it still itches , but I know it's worth it because it really works for me.

This does work for me && I will continue using it : )

Pros

• cheap
  • it really works
  • results in about 3-4 days after applying it

Cons

• itches
  • for a few months
  • $ 1.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I found this cream at the Dollar General for a little over 1 dollar, and because it was so cheap I decided to try it. I was worried that 10% benzoyl peroxide would be too much for my skin, but I've used powerful products before and use a 2.5% peroxide cream every night. Perhaps because of this, I was able to use Clear-Zit as a thin, even coat on my face instead of simply spot treating. While the cream did cause a mild burning sensation at first and slight redness on my face when I woke up, my skin was very clear the next day. I've never had such speedy or powerful results for something so cheap, but I would really advise that if someone hasn't built up a skin tolerance to benzoyl peroxide or has sensitive skin overall, to look for a gentler product.

Pros

• Quick, Amazing Results
  • Inexpensive

Cons

• Slight Irritation/Redness After Application
  • Harsh on Sensitive Skin
  • for about a week
  • $ 1.25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

If you have sensitive skin, this is not for you.

Pros

• I read the reviews and I thought what the hell I spend so much money on acne medications, $4 isn't gonna hurt but this cream did. I put a pea size on my pimple at night and woke up with a red dry patch on my face! Not cute, I had to go to work like that and my pimple was under the dry patch of irritated skin! this isn't for everyone. my skin couldnt handle 10% benzol peroxide so if u have sensitive skin, don't do it.

Cons

• irritates the skin
  • dries it out (really bad)
  • burns
  • Does not work!
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 4
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

Get this stuff.

Pros

• This stuff is amazing! I have moderate acne. I get blackheads and cysts. I used ProActiv for a few years. It worked very well for a while, but then it stopped working after a few years. I've been searching for another acne remedy. I saw this at my dollar general and thought what the heck. I've used it for two days and ALL of my zits are cleared, and I haven't had another zit pop up! I don't find it over drying or oily.

Cons

• None!
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 1.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Ok so I bought it 4 days ago and it works great and honestly I've had proactiv but it don't work as good as this stuff. And I have tried everything and now I've finally got rid of my acne.

Cons

• It burns but don't make your face red or break out in rash but get moisturizer because it dries up oil in your face I use a pea size amount of baby lotion and mix it with deep cleaning astringe
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.