Dr. Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap reviews

4.7/5 - 45 reviews

Brand: Dr. Bronner's

Water, Saponified Organic Coconut*, Organic Palm* and Organic Olive* Oils (w/Retained Glycerin), Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Essential Oils**, Citric Acid, Vitamin E.

* FAIR TRADE Ingredients.
** Available in Peppermint, Lavender, Almond, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Rose and Citrus Orange.

Lavender Dr. Bronner's
Reviewed on December 21, 2014

I use 3-5 drops of the liquid lavender soap to wash my face mornings and nights. With just a few drops, I'm able to get a nice lather that rinses away easily with a few splashes. Using more than a few drops caused serious sensitivity and over-drying.

Since I started using this about a month ago I've only had two new spots form - one from hormones and the other from the thick lip treatment I use at night. This is amazing for me. These new spots are even healing more quickly than before.

Old spots are healing well but are still visible.

Blackheads are shrinking.

My skin is much softer.

The scent is nice and relaxing.

I would definitely recommend this soap to anyone and everyone. I've struggled with acne for more than a decade and this is the only product I've found that clears my skin without giving me reptile-dry skin.

thanks
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

My whole teenage life I've been suffering with acne, it the most embarrassing and loneliest part of my life....I've tried literally everything, positive mind, diet, top of the line products...

1. This product

2. Drink a lot of water

3. Get at least 8 hours of sleep

4. STOP MASTURBATING ( including dirty thoughts) or Getting Horny

5. Be PATIENT

6. Always wear a smile on your face :)

Just THANK YOU !!!

Great as a Facial Cleanser!!
Reviewed on November 11, 2014

I've been using the Tea Tree Oil mix for about three weeks now as a daily facial cleanser, and I have to give it a thumbs up. It has actually helped reduce my blemishes without drying out my already dry skin. I also have sensitive skin, and so was hesitant about using something so concentrated... but this soap hasn't irritated my skin at all!

by fcku07 on 12/10/2014 02:09
Why you so cute?
AMAZING!!!
Reviewed on October 13, 2014

I started using this when I was pregnant to try to stay away from chemicals. I break out SUPER easy so I was skeptical. My skin did not break out from it and I'm still using it post baby. My skin has never looked so good. It can be a little drying if left on too long or if you have dry skin to begin with. Also it really burns your eyes so KEEP AWAY FROM YOU EYES. My holy grail product. I use it in my hair and body too. Amazing stuff!

by missykk on 11/03/2014 00:40
What scent do you use?
by missykk on 11/03/2014 00:40
What scent do you use?
this is seriously miraculous soap.
Reviewed on October 13, 2014

I'm a 22 year old woman, and I've been struggling with moderate acne since I was 9. That's THIRTEEN years spent searching for any possible regimen that could clear up my face. I've tried literally everything except super strong prescriptions such as Accutane. Recently, I took a burst of very strong steroids get rid of my acne right before my wedding, because I was suffering with cystic acne all over my cheeks that couldn't be covered with makeup. It was bad. Once the steroids were over, the cysts came right back. When that happened, I started the 4 step Acne-Free Severe system, but that didn't do much but dry out my skin. I was feeling ugly and pimply and wouldn't let my husband see me without makeup. :(

Anyways, about 2 weeks ago, I was in Trader Joe's and I saw Dr. Bronner's Magic Castile Soap in peppermint. I had heard good things, so I picked some up along with a little jar of pure tea tree oil. The entire purchase was maybe $10. I washed my face with it that night and followed with the tea tree oil as spot treatment. Instantly I could tell that my skin was happier. The next day, 1/3 of my horrible breakout was gone. No exaggeration. I've continued the same routine morning and night for about 2 weeks now, and my skin is COMPLETELY clear. Not only that, but the redness is gone, too. Holy goodness, this product is amazing. It's a godsend, really. All these years of suffering and the answer to it all is a little natural soap? Who woulda thought?

Seriously, go buy this stuff. I'm happier and more confident than I've been in a decade!

by Oliversmum on 12/15/2014 23:01
Could you please tell me was this the liquid soap you used or the bar? I'm about to order this product for the first time. I'm 38 and for the last 8 years or so I have suffered with acne, I have tried so many treatments that just don't work it's so distressing but after reading these reviews I have high hopes!
worked for months but gradually became less effective
Reviewed on October 12, 2014

I have had mild to moderate acne since I was 12 and I am now 17. My cheeks are clear but my chin is covered in angry whiteheads, scarring and the odd cyst, in what creates a muzzle-like effect. At first, I thought Dr Bronners was my saving grace. It dried out my very oily skin and kept breakouts largely under control. Although my skin was never perfect it was definitely more manageable - I would say this product cleared it by 70%. However, it did nothing for blackheads. Eventually though I began to get more and more breakouts on my chin - I felt my skin returning to its old state. Meanwhile I developed heaps of those nasty under the skin spots all over my forehead! Whether Dr Bronners caused these or not I do not know (it does contain olive oil and coconut oil) but I still have them now. Overall, I wouldn't write this product off because it is the most effective product I have used so far in my battle against acne, even if it didn't last.

So far so good
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

I've only been using Dr. Bonners on my face for about a week and a half. I know its very soon and I still have healing breakouts but I still wanted to share what this soap is doing for my skin. Its helping so many comedones come out of my skin! Every time i wash i feel at least 3 or 4 come out. Mainly along my jaw line, neck and nose. Such a good feeling having those nasty little plugs slip right out! It's making the cystic acne I have on my chin and my eyebrows come to a head as well. My skin is definitely purging. Overall though it looks calmer. It has been making me dry but I moisturize with hemp oil in the day and rose hip oil at night which also help comedones come out of the skin. I think the dirt and oil dissolving property of this soap is really what's helping me right now though. I'm using lavender but am going to be buying tea tree and baby mild next time.

Was so excited and completely let down.
Reviewed on July 21, 2014

I was literally pumped after coming on here and reading that all but a few select people had such great success with this. I've suffered from acne for nearly 11 years (starting about the time I was 10, and I'm 21 in 2 months), and have literally tried everything. Proactiv, acnefree, Clearasil, cetaphyl.. I've gone to dermatologists and they've prescribed antibiotics and Tazorac cream and they told me to use the PanOxyl soap.. I've used Oxy, ZapZyt.. I mean there's literally nothing left on the shelves or by mail order to try.

The first time I used the peppermint soap and my face felt so clean and nice, and that whole day my skin felt ten times better. However, after using the peppermint a couple of times and the Tea Tree a couple of times adding up over the past week, my skin looks like it did in high school--terrible. Big nodules that are painful and impossible to cover up.. Worse than it was before. I'm glad so many people have gotten results from this, but I absolutely didn't.

Since so many people have gotten great results for this I want to recommend it, but it didn't work at all for me. Complete bummer ):

by Anonymous1Million on 09/01/2014 02:52
I've had the same problem- Horrible acne at puberty. Still there in my 20s. I've tested every product out there. I've had the following routine for a year now and it seems to really help. I have occasional breakouts but none as serious or gross as I've had in the past. I swear by the YesTo product line. The tomato for acne line is my favorite. I've developed the following routine that helps keep breakouts at bay. Every Morning and Night: Wash face with warm water and SayYesTo Tomatoes face SCRUB (The gel face cleanser didn't work for me- my skin really needs to be exfoliated.) On a cotton pad apply 5 or 6 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil and wipe over face. (DONT get it near your eyes- It hurts like hell if you get it in them) Apply SayYesTo Tomatoes Repair Lotion. Apply a SUPER THIN layer of raw organic coconut oil. I use the YesTo moisturizer only when I'm really dried out. I find it feels too thick on my face. I hope this helps. Good luck finding a solution. And happy 21st birthday! YesTo Tomatoes : [link removed] Tea Tree Oil: https://[link removed] https://[link removed]
I made an account just to review this product!
Reviewed on July 1, 2014

I've been suffering with moderate acne for about 10 years now and I have LITERALLY tried everything. I've been on BC since I was 14 years old and that has only helped a little bit. I'm now 23 years old and was so TIRED of dealing with acne that I started looking into natural cures. Before Dr. Bronner's I used Epsom Salt and Baking Soda, which did improve by acne by at least 70% but I kept feeling like it should be better. I was doing some research on acne.org when I ran across Dr. Bronner's. It had 30+ five star reviews so I decided to give it a try. You can find Dr. Bronner's at Target which is a HUGE plus for me (I bought the peppermint version). I ran home and washed my face with it instantly. First off, the clean feeling that the peppermint soap gives you is AMAZING. It gets rid of all the makeup and dirt on your face and leaves this awesome clean feeling. I've only been using Dr. Bronner's soap for about a week now (I wash my face morning and night with it) and my skin is the clearest it has been in years! My red scars are quickly fading as well. I can't wait to see what my skin will look like in a month. I will post another review after a month to give an update on Dr. Bronner's but this is the best acne treatment I have used in years and I recommend it to anyone suffering with acne. My skin isn't very sensitive so the peppermint soap works great for me, however, it can be a little drying so if you have sensitive skin, I would give the tea tree soap a try at first. Hope this helps! :)

Best thing I've found so far!
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

This is the best facial treatment I've come across in my 16 years of suffering from moderate acne. It works better than any OTC or prescription treatment I've tried so far. I have only had one minor break out in the last 3 months of using this product. It has not worked for my body acne though. Cheap too and a small bottle lasts a long time!