Dr. Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap reviews

4.6/5 - 56 reviews

Brand: Dr. Bronner's

must have!
Reviewed on April 28, 2016

Dr Bronners is my favorite soap ever I use it for everything. I can basically do anything with them from face cleaner to house cleanser. Must have!

wow
Reviewed on March 3, 2016

i love this soap. I use it exclusively on my body, and my face as well. it can remove make up very well and the price is reasonable. this stuff is great i would recommend!

Thank Goodness, I've found it!!!!
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

Ok so a little information on me and my type of acne first. I am 21 years old and have always had clear skin. However, I was always on birth control too since I was about 13. After recently getting married and wanting to start a family, I had my mirena birth control removed. After this, my faced hated me. I pretty much broke out one day, and everyday after that it continued to get worse and worse and worse. I had huge painful cysts and whiteheads all around my mouth, cheeks, and chin. Every morning I would be scared to look in the mirror and see what new monsters the night had brought to my face. Sometimes, I was so embarrassed at the way I looked I called into work and said I was sick. My husband started to get frustrated with me because all I ever did was obsess over the way my face looked, and I spent all my free time researching new ways to cure my acne and testing them out in the bathroom. Somehow though, I came across this soap and read all the reviews. So I went out to target and bought some of the tea tree kind, and a small bottle of tea tree oil and I can tell you....

ITS AWESOME!!!! My acne is actually clearing! Like really really clearing!!! I just use a couple drops of this in the morning and at night, and then I spot treat with the tea tree oil. It can be a little over drying, but considering how oily my skin is I love the way it feels. In the morning time, I will use a light oil free moisturizer and combat some of the dryness if I feel that its bothering me that day. But seriously, my redness is subsiding, the pimples I did have are shrinking and minimized, and its keeping new acne from forming. I've only had a couple new pimples in the last few weeks of using this, and I'm hoping it will just continue to get better and better. I have also switched over to using a BB Cream by Garnier that is supposed to help reduce and clear acne.... I really like it. It covers better than most foundations and it doesn't clog my pores as long as I can take it off with makeup remover at the end of the night. Anyway, that's just some additional silly information.

Some other things I would like to mention is I have also started guzzling a ton of water throughout the day, and I try and drink a couple cups of green tea everyday too. In addition to this I have tried to clean my diet, and cut out most dairy products (its impossible to cut out all, and I love cheese), and incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my meals. Another thing... exercise. I had started exercising and really breaking a sweat at least 3 times a week and I've seen improvement. Plus, it just makes you feel better about yourself. All of these things combined though, with Dr. Bronners soap and tea tree oil... I'm amazed. And I'm so happy I don't have to feel afraid to have someone look at my face anyway.

Last but not least... Please remember not to obsess over your acne. I know its difficult, but the more you obsess and worry about it the worse it's going to end up being. Try and remember that every single person on the planet has something they are self conscious about, and not every person has clear and beautiful skin. We all have imperfections, but we are all beautiful in our own special ways. Hope this post helped. Xoxox

Better than $100 products I've bought in the past.
Reviewed on January 14, 2016

I never had a ton of problems with my skin until I hit my twenties. I got horrible cystic acne and nothing seemed to help. I went to a dermatologist and began using prescription gels and creams as well as simply using cetaphil for sensitive skin. Those things helped, a lot, but after my skin calmed down it just never looked beautiful...it was semi-dry and looked dull and slightly red. I later switched to the brand Ole Henrickson, which was lovely. I loved it but it was breaking the bank for me (products only lasted about a month and cost up over $100). I had friends pushing other skin care products my way and decided I would try an all-natural method before I started spending hundreds on those other products.

Truthfully, this product is better than any other product I have ever used. My skin is no longer red, it is moisturized, and clear. I dilute mine with water (although I use the citrus one), almond oil, green tea, and vitamin E oil into a foaming cleanser. I then follow up with a moisturizer.

I'm 28 now and I'm finally experiencing the best skin of my life.

Holy Cow. Amazing!
Reviewed on December 26, 2015

I was getting a little disappointed with the Boscia black scrub I was using, so I wanted to try something cheaper. My skin has never felt cleaner. I use this with Fresh Farmacy and Mask of Magnaminty by Lush, and my skin is currently looking amazing, compared to what it used to look like even two weeks ago. The peppermint soap is the way to go, it really draws the toxins out of your skin while the hemp oil moisturizes and soothes the skin! Make sure that when you use it, you only use a couple drops and dilute it, and give it at least two weeks to see results.

Really wanted to love this
Reviewed on December 16, 2015

I really, really wanted to love this since it has received such rave reviews. Unfortunately, it caused irritation on my upper back and face, and I ended up breaking out in little bumps and pimples in these areas. It also left my skin really dry. I tried the mint/original version as well as the lavender but both did not yield any good results anywhere on my body for me. :(

Cleared 80%-90% of body acne.
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

By that, I had acne all on chest from my shoulder plates down to my lower back and side of my arms. I was using this product for a week and didn't see any improvement, still was breaking out as usual on my body.

But in 2-3 months it cleared like 85% of my body acne, I'll get just a few little ones compared what I had before. Says 5 stars, but I'll give it a 4.2 because it cleared up most of it, but now my whole body is covered in scars, very dark scars specially my back, but at least they can finally heal. :)

I used it on my face, but made me brake out, Ive always had cystic acne, so i stopped and went and tried it on my body, but then I read its normal for your skin to break out at first when using a new product that's why you don't keep changing products, messes you up.

After I saw what the product did to my body, now I'm starting to use it on my face again. It's been a week and my cystic acne is drying up. It's sooo good.

I'm still trying to search for my 100% acne cure. My face is gross. I want to get rid of all these deep scars/cystic acne.

Go buy this product, give it a try! It's so good! Best I've found. :)

by AnFour on 07/06/2015 02:33
Update on the face thing. Didn't work, but on the body still going how I described it :)
by Danypark04 on 01/25/2016 17:01
Try Acutane. It's working wonders for my daughter. Most people never have acne again. It basically cures it!
by Danypark04 on 01/25/2016 17:01
Dr.Bronner's Citrus Orange. Back is finally clear.
Reviewed on February 9, 2015

As a 27 year old active male,I've tried everything short of accutane for the acne on my back. The Rx glycolic treatments worked great on the acne but my skin never felt healthy and the acne came back <6 months after the bottles were empty. Settled on the Neutrogena acne body wash a couple years to basically just tame the intensity of the breakouts. They were always there, and I was embarrassed, but at least they all weren't bright red and angry. Been using Dr.B's peppermint for years as my everyday body wash for everywhere but my back (Neutrogena) and face (the aroma irritated my eyes). Tried it on my back and it did not improve and possibly worsened my acne. My gf got me the Dr. Bronner's Citrus Orange about a month ago just as a change of pace. Shortly thereafter I ran out of acne wash and decided to try the citrus orange on my back because I remembered a grapefruit body wash I'd tried years ago and thought maybe the citrus would keep the acne calm until I could get some more acne wash. Three days in of just showering once in the morning and my skin felt noticeably healthier and I had no new breakouts. A month has passed and my back that has been broken out for over a decade is almost completely clear. There are just one or two very small pimples on my shoulder blades, historically the worst area. I love this soap. The skin is smooth and soft, and just feels better. I go shirtless all the time around the house now, something I never did before, even though I was in good shape. I imagine its effects may eventually wane, but as-it-stands, this is the fastest, most effective and mildest remedy I have used. I apologize for the lengthy post, just had to share the good news.

Finally! My adult acne is under control!!
Reviewed on January 12, 2015

I'm almost 30 and I've had cystic acne on my forehead and temple area for about 10 years. My skin was never really bad, but it was never clear either. I always had at least two big blemishes at a time that would leave dark marks when they finally went away. I thought I would just have to deal with it for the rest of my life or until my skin finally decided to behave. I came across these reviews via Pinterest and I thought it was too good to be true. I've been a Dr. Bonner's user for years. I've used it for scrubbing my tub and for making homemade laundry detergent, but I never thought about putting it on my face. Who knew the answer to my annoying adult acne was right under my kitchen sink?? I've been using it twice a day for about two weeks now and I haven't gotten any new cysts, and the cysts and blemishes that I had when I started using it have gone away or been drastically reduced. It's definitely worth a try and I hope it continues to work!

by aruss29 on 01/17/2015 15:16
I would also like to add that in the past, when I tried to take control of my skin, I would change a lot of things. I'd buy different products, makeup, or even try changing my diet. This time the only thing I changed was my cleanser. I started using the castille soap, but kept all my other face products and diet the same. It was definitely the Dr. Bonner's that did the trick! Also, it's been 3 weeks and my face is till clear with no new blemishes!
by Question3 on 03/01/2016 06:57
Which scent did you buy?
Dr. Bronners is awesome!
Reviewed on January 6, 2015

I am 40 years old and over the last few years i have suffered with acne. Stress and hormonal. I am very light skinned and any acne that i get leaves blemishes. I often had my worst breakouts on my jaws. It looked awful and covered with makeup, my skin did not look smooth. I also suffered from oiliness in my Tzone. Ive been to the dermatologist, pills, creams, washes...nothing was working. It would clear up and be back in a week or sometimes, days.

I was watching youtube on how to cover acne with makeup and somehow I ran up on a video about this soap and acne. So i searched for more videos and ended up purchasing the Peppermint soap, Evening primrose oil supplements, Oil of Olay face brush (spinning kind-forget the exact name) and African Black Soap. I washed my face that first night with the Peppermint soap/brush. Then I lather in my hand the black soap and rinsed all product off my face. I only use the black soap once or twice a week. It exfoliates-alot and can be irritating if overused. I suffered from hyperpigmentation on my jaws from the acne so I used Neutrogena rapid tone repair as a moisturizer. Only takes two pumps and it moisturized with the oilness and works wonders under makeup. I alternated this product with Garnier Dark spot cream, another great product. Works wonders. In the am i washed my face with the peppermint soap and moisturize with Cetaphil Oil free moisturizer because it has SPF 30 i think. I take Evening Primrose oil twice a day. One in the am, one at night.

My face is clearing!!!!!! I noticed a difference by night 3. My jaws are smooth and I may have a small break out around that time of the month but even that is more manageable now and they dont leave spots! I am so in love with this soap and it has worked wonders and is building my confidence back up! I now stay in the mirror or taking selfies and hardly using no filters!!! Results may vary but I am so glad i found this soap and i could hug Dr. Bronner. This soap does work! I love it. I dont even need foundation or hardly any concealer anymore, all i use is Bare Minerals powder with a Kabuki brush and my skin just glows. Please, please try this product! Something so simple and inexpensive was my light at the end of the tunnel for my acne problems!