Dr. Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap reviews

4.5/5 - 65 reviews

Brand: Dr. Bronner's

Amazing!
Reviewed on June 2, 2017

I've been using the Tea Tree and Hemp version for my mild chest acne and can't rate it highly enough! The red bumps have subsided massively and now I only get the occasional spot. Incredible stuff. If you've suffered with chest acne give this a go, it's amazing!

Not an anti acne product
Reviewed on June 2, 2017

I hate to talk badly about this product at all because I love it in nearly every other aspect of my life but definitely NOT for my skin.

I have had acne on and off my entire life and truly believe that I must have tried 99% of the products out there. This was kind of a last shot effort - and it happened by mistake. I use it to wash my dogs and also dilute it to make a kitchen spray. For those two things, I think it is a miracle and so nice to only have to purchase one bottle for multiple purposes. I was looking for the dilution recipe on the bottle and saw skincare so I thought I would give it a shot. At that point, my skin couldn’t have gotten too much worse, I thought. After the initial washes, I “felt” clean. The peppermint always gives you that feeling. But after about a week, even though I had the nice tingling, I felt a build up on my skin… kind of hard to describe. Soon after I noticed the build up, my face when wacko. I had bit cystic nodules pop up along my jawline and never before had I had cystic acne. It was such a complete bummer, you have no idea.

Came back online searching for a solution, called a dermatologist for the first time in my life, made an appointment. And scheduled a facial with an esthetician to see how I could get rid of the cysts. I was pretty desperate. At the office of the esthetician, a woman started telling me about a new brand called Ninja Skincare that I hadn’t heard of. She swore up and down about it. I asked the esthetician and she said that a lot of her clients had used them with good results so I gave it a shot.

Now I just can’t believe I hadn’t heard of them earlier. I use a pretty simple set of products - the oily skin wash in the morning and pm, the salicylic acid in the day covered by their SPF, then at night their benzoyl 10%. Now these are all ingredients I have used before so I am not sure why these work when the other ones didn’t but they do! After 2 months, I am completely clear, have no acne at all, my scars are starting to go away and I am just so happy. I have never found an acne product like this before!

Back to Dr Bronners - definitely buy it and use it all over your house. but not on your face if you want to get rid of acne!!

The Holy Grail
Reviewed on March 22, 2017

First and foremost, I think I have to address the following before giving my review on the castile liquid soap:

I'm almost out of my teens completely and I've had problematic skin since I was about 11 years old (sixth grade/middle school). I recently ordered the regimen (along with Jojoba oil and AHA) in January as a Christmas gift to myself/new year, new me type of motivation. I'm approaching three months on this regimen in less than two weeks and let me tell you, this system has done wonders for my poor skin. I have oily skin, hyperpigmentation around my mouth, acne scars, and mild to moderate acne. I've tried drugstore products, Proactiv, and I even made trips to the dermatologist. Nothing worked until I stumbled across this site. I'm forever thankful for Dan and his team! I recently purchased Hemp Rose and Tea Tree Castile Liquid Soap from Dr. Bronner's to clear up the few bumps I had on my chest and shoulders. Guys, IT IS AMAZEBALLS!!!! It cleanses completely without over drying, it's affordable, it lasts forever, and it's EFFECTIVE! In exactly nine days, all of the bumps I had were gone and my skin was silky smooth. I've yet to put these products on my face because I want to wait until my skin is completely clear before doing so, but there's no doubt in my mind that these bottles will work wonders and keep my face pretty and clear!

by Ldsmith on 04/23/2017 14:09
What is your regimen using this soaps and the aha? I seem to have all of the same problems and I went years trying new products that just does. It works for me. I do have this soap that I wanna try. I have the peppermint hemp oil kind. Also I bought some aha alpha lotion with 10 glycolic. Do you use just the aha or does it have glycolic in it? Not sure about using that for my skin. I have medication that I don't believe is working. I have adapalene been using it for a few mo the now. I really see no change. I'm getting new breakout and scars from it. Let me know!
Good for DIY
Reviewed on February 2, 2017

Works great on DIY products for cleaning supplies and for body washes. It however I don't think it works good on my face.

all time favorite
Reviewed on July 24, 2016

staple in my bathroom. i use this all over face and body. including washing my hair. smells great, cleanses very well. no fuss. i have only tried it on laundry but it did the job. relaxing.

oh, may be a little drying, so recommend using conditioner and moisturizer immediately after.

love this cleanser
Reviewed on July 11, 2016

I love this as a body wash. You only need to use a little and you get a lot of suds without your skin being dried out. The rose smell is subtle and lovely. It is really cheap and you can choose between a few different sized containers. The only downside is having to choose between the different scents!

hg!
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

i love this stuff. i have tried a few and the tea tree one is by far my favorite. i started using the bar soap version and just recently picked up the bottle of tea tree soap and was so impressed. the bottle version is 100x stronger and works amazing! if you try it and its too strong for you or have really sensitive skin, try the bar, its amazing too.

GREAT
Reviewed on May 24, 2016

Best stuff!!! I love it. I do dilute it or else it can be drying, but that just means more product for the money! Lavender is my personal favorite, because it smells so lovely. Almond is my second favorite. I had a few back and chest blemishes from coming off bcp and this soap cleared them up wonderfully. This stuff just works for me and I have tried everything!

Love it
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

I use the almond one, but the peppermint is also good. The scent is sweet without being saccarine. It is really well and cleans effectively. It leaves my skin feeling almost squeaky clean in a way that mainstream body washes and even Dove bar soaps never do. Hence, moisturizer is a must after this stuff. Love it nd I will never buy other soap other than this.

must have!
Reviewed on April 28, 2016

Dr Bronners is my favorite soap ever I use it for everything. I can basically do anything with them from face cleaner to house cleanser. Must have!