Dr. Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap reviews

4.7/5 - 39 reviews

Brand: Dr. Bronner's

Water, Saponified Organic Coconut*, Organic Palm* and Organic Olive* Oils (w/Retained Glycerin), Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Essential Oils**, Citric Acid, Vitamin E.

* FAIR TRADE Ingredients.
** Available in Peppermint, Lavender, Almond, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Rose and Citrus Orange.

So far so good
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

I've only been using Dr. Bonners on my face for about a week and a half. I know its very soon and I still have healing breakouts but I still wanted to share what this soap is doing for my skin. Its helping so many comedones come out of my skin! Every time i wash i feel at least 3 or 4 come out. Mainly along my jaw line, neck and nose. Such a good feeling having those nasty little plugs slip right out! It's making the cystic acne I have on my chin and my eyebrows come to a head as well. My skin is definitely purging. Overall though it looks calmer. It has been making me dry but I moisturize with hemp oil in the day and rose hip oil at night which also help comedones come out of the skin. I think the dirt and oil dissolving property of this soap is really what's helping me right now though. I'm using lavender but am going to be buying tea tree and baby mild next time.

Was so excited and completely let down.
Reviewed on July 21, 2014

I was literally pumped after coming on here and reading that all but a few select people had such great success with this. I've suffered from acne for nearly 11 years (starting about the time I was 10, and I'm 21 in 2 months), and have literally tried everything. Proactiv, acnefree, Clearasil, cetaphyl.. I've gone to dermatologists and they've prescribed antibiotics and Tazorac cream and they told me to use the PanOxyl soap.. I've used Oxy, ZapZyt.. I mean there's literally nothing left on the shelves or by mail order to try.

The first time I used the peppermint soap and my face felt so clean and nice, and that whole day my skin felt ten times better. However, after using the peppermint a couple of times and the Tea Tree a couple of times adding up over the past week, my skin looks like it did in high school--terrible. Big nodules that are painful and impossible to cover up.. Worse than it was before. I'm glad so many people have gotten results from this, but I absolutely didn't.

Since so many people have gotten great results for this I want to recommend it, but it didn't work at all for me. Complete bummer ):

by Anonymous1Million on 09/01/2014 02:52
I've had the same problem- Horrible acne at puberty. Still there in my 20s. I've tested every product out there. I've had the following routine for a year now and it seems to really help. I have occasional breakouts but none as serious or gross as I've had in the past. I swear by the YesTo product line. The tomato for acne line is my favorite. I've developed the following routine that helps keep breakouts at bay. Every Morning and Night: Wash face with warm water and SayYesTo Tomatoes face SCRUB (The gel face cleanser didn't work for me- my skin really needs to be exfoliated.) On a cotton pad apply 5 or 6 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil and wipe over face. (DONT get it near your eyes- It hurts like hell if you get it in them) Apply SayYesTo Tomatoes Repair Lotion. Apply a SUPER THIN layer of raw organic coconut oil. I use the YesTo moisturizer only when I'm really dried out. I find it feels too thick on my face. I hope this helps. Good luck finding a solution. And happy 21st birthday! YesTo Tomatoes : [link removed] Tea Tree Oil: https://[link removed] https://[link removed]
I made an account just to review this product!
Reviewed on July 1, 2014

I've been suffering with moderate acne for about 10 years now and I have LITERALLY tried everything. I've been on BC since I was 14 years old and that has only helped a little bit. I'm now 23 years old and was so TIRED of dealing with acne that I started looking into natural cures. Before Dr. Bronner's I used Epsom Salt and Baking Soda, which did improve by acne by at least 70% but I kept feeling like it should be better. I was doing some research on acne.org when I ran across Dr. Bronner's. It had 30+ five star reviews so I decided to give it a try. You can find Dr. Bronner's at Target which is a HUGE plus for me (I bought the peppermint version). I ran home and washed my face with it instantly. First off, the clean feeling that the peppermint soap gives you is AMAZING. It gets rid of all the makeup and dirt on your face and leaves this awesome clean feeling. I've only been using Dr. Bronner's soap for about a week now (I wash my face morning and night with it) and my skin is the clearest it has been in years! My red scars are quickly fading as well. I can't wait to see what my skin will look like in a month. I will post another review after a month to give an update on Dr. Bronner's but this is the best acne treatment I have used in years and I recommend it to anyone suffering with acne. My skin isn't very sensitive so the peppermint soap works great for me, however, it can be a little drying so if you have sensitive skin, I would give the tea tree soap a try at first. Hope this helps! :)

Best thing I've found so far!
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

This is the best facial treatment I've come across in my 16 years of suffering from moderate acne. It works better than any OTC or prescription treatment I've tried so far. I have only had one minor break out in the last 3 months of using this product. It has not worked for my body acne though. Cheap too and a small bottle lasts a long time!

Hello Dr. Bronner's, Goodbye Acne!!
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

I have dealt with acne for the past 10 years and have tried everything from face washing systems to prescription creams. Nothing has consistently worked until I tried out Dr. Bronner's tea tree oil as a face wash. I wish that I had come across Dr. Bronner's back in my early teens and I could have saved myself dermatologists visits and money! I started using this soap 2 weeks ago and can already notice a decrease in the frequency and severity of my breakouts as well as decreased pore size and an overall healthier looking complexion. My friends and family have even started to say that my skin glows these days! I wash with Dr. Bronners every morning and night and then apply raw apple cider vinegar as a toner (equal ratio of ACV to water) with a cotton ball. When I first started this new skin care regimen my skin got a little dried out so I applied a thin layer of Alba green tea and aloe face moisturizer when needed. I'm so happy that I came across reviews of this soap and decided to give it a try. I'm sure that the other Dr. Bronner's soaps are great as well and I'd like to try them. I like the tea tree oil soap for acne though because it has antibacterial properties but isn't overly drying or harsh on sensitive skin. And best of all this soap is only about $8-10 :)

Stop Searching for cures, all you need is doctor bronner's peppermint!
Reviewed on May 24, 2014

I use dr. bronner's peppermint and mind you I have super oily acne prone skin. i don't even use any type of moisturizer with it! all i use is the peppermint scent specifically. literally I wet my face with warm water and then wash my face. once a week i use a brush while the soap is on my face to exfoliate. I chose not to use anything else on my face, body, or hair. other people may have different experiences, but for me it has changed my life and they must use god's sperm in this stuff lol, because its incredible. it takes consistent use to see the difference, but it cleared mostly if not ALL of my acne, and prevents new flare up's. i highly recommend this soap. if they create a religion I'm joining lol.

finally found the solution not more dermatologists
Reviewed on March 25, 2014

I cant believe I've spent most of my life battling with acne, since I was 12 years old, visiting doctors, taking pills, applying creams, gels, oils, drops, washing my face with the top of the line the highest on the shelf the most expensive and reccomended products by doctors with decades of experience and knowledge. But finally it came true. I know it sounds cheesy but this product turned my health around and together with that how confident i am in my own skin,

I saw this product in a superstore, bought it because my husband and i were trying to get a body wash we could share and we both like the smell, one day i ran out of my face wash and had to remove my night creams for acne before going to the store and decided.... lets google Dr broones for acne maybe i can use it . Best decision ever. I used it. Felt fresh and clean. No oily face that day. Strange for me. I used it that night again and decided to skip my acne cream. I also skipped my daytime cream next day and for the first time in my life i used my body wash in my face too.

After 2 months without medications of acne creams just using my dr broones for washing and moisturizer my face is CLEAR no more acne. I love this soap. And i wish all those doctors out there know that sometimes you can fix health issues with less chemicals less abuse to your skin and less risk of all those side effects i had.

Also. My husband uses it as shampoo. We wash dishes w it too and i clean the bathroom sink everymorning w a few drops.

New best friend!
Reviewed on March 20, 2014

I can't believe I have had acne for over 20 years....painful, 2 week in the making, big, red, impossible to cover acne....that is now gone! After 4 weeks of Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap, all bumps are smooth, redness is fading, and I haven't had 1 new pimple! I lather 3 drops of soap onto a wet face, massage it a few seconds and rinse. I follow with a light moisturizer. I do it in the shower in the a.m. And then right before bed. Easy and effective.

Reviewed on April 14, 2013

Almost overnight three years ago I started breaking out all over my cheeks.

What finally cleared up my acne was Differin .3 and Finacea but the Differin became WAY too harsh for my skin. The differin cleared me up about 60% and then the Dr. Bronners took me the other 35% of the way. I've gotten multiple friends hooked on it too

AM: Dove soap and my clarisonic

Sodium sulfacetamide lotion

PM:

Wash with hands and Dr. Bronner's soap

Trentitoin .05 alternating nights with Finacea cream

DDF Oil Free Moisturizing Dew AM/PM

Reviewed on January 29, 2013

I am not joking around when I say that I've tried everything on the market to clear up my acne! Gels, creams, lotions, washes, pills, over the counter products, Dan's "sacred" regimen, prescriptions, birth control pills, and even Accutane. I finished a six month course of Accutane before starting college in 2011, and it did wonders! I truly believed that I would never see another cyst on my face again... But, boy, was I wrong! A year after I had finished my course of Accutane, I started getting terrible, huge bumps along my chin, neck, and ears. I no longer wanted to go to parties or get together with friends... It was not a good time. But then I decided to search Acne.org for the millionth time, in an attempt to find a "cure"! And, well, I have literally found it! I started using the tea tree oil version of this product a few months ago, and I have only broken out three times! That is incredible considering I used to break out numerous times a day! This soap really is magical... I wish I would have come across it YEARS ago! I will never use another face wash again... My hormonal acne days are out the window at last.