Page 5 of Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.4/5 - 1194 reviews

Brand: Doxycycline

Doxycycline Hyclate.

Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; sodium lauryl sulfate; sodium chloride; talc; anhydrous lactose; corn starch; crospovidone; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating.

not impressed
Reviewed on June 9, 2013

this stuff is the same as any medication, it will work for a while but your acne will eventually come back.

Eh
Reviewed on June 9, 2013

It does help control a little bit of my acne, although I still break out consistently. Especially with cystic acne.

Sort of helped
Reviewed on June 7, 2013

I took 100mg twice a day helped the swelling redness and inflammation but not the acne😨

Sort of helps
Reviewed on June 7, 2013

I tried every topical medication for acne but finally found out about doxycycline and was given it by my derm it helped me a lot because my acne was very swollen and infected using his brought down the swelling redness and inflation also helped my infection but didnt really help my acne itself😨

Saved my face
Reviewed on June 6, 2013

So, this is a vague review because this started years ago. I had really bad acne my whole life and I tried everything under the sun. My doctor one day prescribed doxycycline along with my birth control. 100 mg in the morning and a 100mg at night. I take a lot of medication to begin with but there is one thing I learned with this medication. Never...EVER take this on an empty stomach. You will likely get nauseous.

Slowly but surely, my face cleared up and I rarely get pimples now. The reason I put down "inconsistently" is because I can't get the antibiotic anymore for the past 2 years (why, I don't know... shortage?) but, my face is still clear. I think it has a lot to do with entering my 20's. Even though it helps with the pimples, I still have blackheads and whiteheads on my face. Seriously though, this really saved my face from further damage in my teenage years because I had breakouts that would swell my face.

Didn't Help Me
Reviewed on May 31, 2013

I was on doxy for 2 months and unfortunately it didn't work. I have hormonal painful cystic acne and my derm hoped it would help get things under control. After a few weeks on doxy my already oily skin got even oilier (yuck). About 2 weeks before my menstrual cycle i broke out horribly. I got new cystic bumps on my cheeks, chin, and neck. In addition my back and chest broke out everywhere, and they are still breaking out. At my 2 month followup my doctor advised that the next option will be accutane. I hope that will finally rid me of these painful cysts.

Helped with acne but dried out my skin and made me sick
Reviewed on May 31, 2013

A few years ago when my acne was very severe I went to a dermatologist and requested accutane but was told to try this first. First of course I broke out worse the first month, then my acne started to clear up. However, this drug made me very sick. Even though I would make sure to take this on an empty, I threw up constantly and always had stomach pains. It also made my sensitive skin very dry. I now only use natural remedies for my skin problems and have had great results.

Reviewed on May 17, 2013

Did not help Acne at all.

One side effect that many people do not know about is high blood pressure. If you have taken this med for longer than a month you should check your blood pressure at your local walmart or other places that offer this free service.

Reviewed on May 12, 2013

Started with 2 100mg doxycycline a day around a year ago. My acne nearly completely cleared up. Got lazy and tired of the stomach pain that occurred for 10-15 minutes after taking and acne got bad again. Been taking it once a day for a few weeks and I've noticed a HUGE reduction in new acne.

Reviewed on May 8, 2013

After stopping minocycline because it stopped working, My acne was pretty mild for about 3 or for classes then got really bad recently. I was prescribed Doxy 100mg three days ago, to take twice a day for 30 days. The first day was fine and the nausea was bearable as I'd learned to control it from Mino, but the second morning I threw up. I haven't vomited in almost 8 years...that's the end of that.