Page 3 of Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.4/5 - 1193 reviews

Brand: Doxycycline

Doxycycline Hyclate.

Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; sodium lauryl sulfate; sodium chloride; talc; anhydrous lactose; corn starch; crospovidone; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating.

Barely works
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

Doxycycline did not do much for my acne at all. I noticed no increase in the severity of my acne after coming off this antibiotic. Also, antibiotics wreak havoc on your digestive system causing a whole range of other problems.

Is it workinnnng ?
Reviewed on November 7, 2013

It's an okay product. I have a horrible habit of picking (need to break it) which throws off the results of the medicine, obviously. It sort of works when I completely leave skin alone, but it doesn't work wonders. It takes foreeverrrr to kick in, and its not a miracle product. I've heard its supposed to work on body acne, but I have seen no results.

Ok But Not Great
Reviewed on October 27, 2013

I was on Doxy for two six week rounds. In the first round it did get a lot worse before it gradually got better. My moderate to moderately severe acne did get clearer in the second round, but the medicine had no effect on my cystic acne and only seemed to increase the number of whiteheads I got. My scarring though was greatly reduced, which I was very happy about. Overall I think this medication would have been better prescribed to someone with light to moderate acne.

by gpz750turbo on 10/29/2013 01:02
Be patient. It actually takes a good 14 days to really start working. Not sure of your age but with body building comes an increase in Testosterone and certain supplements will will further increase it. Though treatable with antibiotics, Cystic acne is generally hormonal. I'm 45 years old and my acne still increases when I'm weight training.
Severe Cystic Acne, First Time On Doxy
Reviewed on October 18, 2013

This is my first time being prescribed doxy. I have always had a few zits here and there my whole life but nothing that I would ever describe as "problem skin". About two months ago I began to break out something fierce. Nothing helped. I keep my skin so clean, I am extremely active (I am a personal trainer), drink so much water, and have a seriously clean diet (raw vegan). I have not changed anything in my regular routine for over a year. I have no explanation for this awful outburst of cystic acne. I am on doxy, 200 mg a day. It's been 5 days now and I have seen little improvement. I know that's a short amount of time but I am so impatient. I have become super reclusive because I am so embarrassed of the way I look. I have uploaded a picture in the gallery. I would love some advice or feedback. (New here).

A little skeptical
Reviewed on October 18, 2013

It appears this product has the same qualities as accutane but everyone has different reactions! Im 22 and had acne ever since i hit puberty pretty much, im currently taking antivirals and i don't really wanna combine antibiotics with antivirals. Doc prescribed Tactuo topical cream as well as doxy 100mg. I have cystic acne so every two weeks i get an injection of Kenalog steroids. To further help im going to be taking vitamin E supplements along with green tea extract to get rid of free radicals in my body. I will post again i about a month to further my progress.

Hmm
Reviewed on October 13, 2013

Well im not sure if i need to wait longer or not...its been two months and only my forehead has cleared up.....idk:(

this med did not work
Reviewed on September 19, 2013

Oral Antibiotic Doxycycline was the worst acne med ive ever taken. This pill made me extremely nauseas for a long time after swallowing the pill, light headed, and did not even work on clearing up my acne. i have cystic acne and i've recently acquired in the past year due to stress and my acne is not visible at all its under my skin and the pill did absolutely nothing to help. I took this for 1 month and endured it until i couldnt take the nausea anymore, im switching to Bactrim. ill test that out and review the product soon.

Doxycycline
Reviewed on September 12, 2013

Doxycycline first of all is different for everyone. I was on this antibiotic before at 100mg a day for a month and my acne literally DISAPPEARED! But as soon as i ended the treatment the acne came back. I've been suffering from acne since i was 14, now 19 I've tried everything from accutane, to naturals, to differin, tetracycline, EVERYTHING. Now i'm on it again and I've been experiencing an initial breakout. It's been 3 weeks back on it and my acne is the worst its ever been, but i heard higher doses can do that for you. I'm on 200mg a day now but i'm going to remain patient because it has worked for me before. I definitely would give it a try if you suffer from body acne as well because it has been clearing mine up tremendously. Oh. and my acne is moderately severe.

Good, but no long-term soloution
Reviewed on August 30, 2013

I used this in conjunction with Epiduo cream, so this is really a review of both together (I will also post under that product). I saw improvement in my skin in a week, although it took about 6-8 weeks to clear as best it could. I also went up a dose towards the end, which improved my skin further. My face is significantly better, however my back and shoulders are not improved at all (possible because I did not use epiduo on them and doxy is not effective on it's own). I am moving on to accutane, as my back still looks terrible, and I do not want to be on antibiodics long term (it has been about 5 months).

Didn't agree with my skin
Reviewed on August 16, 2013

I was prescribed Doxy, 50mg once a day. I have been on Brenda for over 6+ years now, which worked great for me throughout high school but since leaving and starting full time work I had developed acne around my mouth and jawline.

Within the first week I didn't notice any severe side effects but as the weeks went by I did notice mild hair loss & mild headaches/dizziness. I have long thick hair and I always experience hair falling out as I brush or in the shower but while on Doxy it seemed that more was coming out. The look of my hair hadn't changed though. I didn't experience any stomach pain but I did ensure I took it with food/after eating.

Acne-wise, I developed severe pimples all over my face immediately. I had a few small painful bumps before which then had turned into huge red cystic acne. I would breakout EVERYDAY without fail. The pimples would go away and then come back in the same spot, never healing.

I was on Doxy for 3 months and since coming off it has made my skin worse. I have acne scarring all over my cheeks and I am still breaking out all over my face. I have been off for 3-4 months now and I am about to take another medication.