Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.4/5 - 1225 reviews

Brand: Doxycycline

Doxycycline Product Pictured:
100mg of Doxycycline Hyclate.

Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; sodium lauryl sulfate; sodium chloride; talc; anhydrous lactose; corn starch; crospovidone; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating.

Doxycycline
Reviewed on July 25, 2015

Can doxycycline cause importance I've been taking it for 4 days and in the 4th day found I'm having problems with getting a erection

Works but not a long-term solution...
Reviewed on July 25, 2015

Doxy does work, however being that it is an antibiotic it is not a viable solution for long-term management of acne. It will likely cause nausea, and it makes you very sensitive to sunlight, so it's important to cover up and wear sunscreen when using this product. Make sure you take probiotics or consume some form of yogurt-type product while on any antibiotic because it will deplete the beneficial flora in your gut, making you more susceptible to malabsorption and fungal infections. I only recommend using as a stepping stone to get to Accutane, as insurance companies like to see you've exhausted all other options first. It is important to realize that no antibiotic will cure you of your acne. The effects only last while using the product, and occasionally, the effects may wear off over time as the acne-causing bacteria in your skin becomes resistant to the drug.

Great! but not a longterm solution...
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

In grade 12 I started to get acne all along my jawline and chin. I went on Clinique's acne solution, and my skin became 10x worse from all the harsh chemicals. A year after trying different products, my doctor prescribed me doxycycline. After one month i noticed a difference, and was put on it it for another 3 months. My acne totally cleared up! however, a year after being acne free, my acne has come back and i've been put on doxycycline again. While i love what this is doing for my skin, I don't think its a long term solution. Being an antibiotic, it clears out ALL bacteria in your body making an individual much more susceptible for other infections (especially vag). It has been clinically recommended that a person should not be on and member of the 'cycline' family for more than 3 months. So while it can work wonders- its not a longterm solution unfortunately.

Great product overall
Reviewed on July 16, 2015

I have had acne my whole life but it didn't get that bad until last summer when I broke out horribly along my cheeks and my forehead. It was so embarrassing that I didn't want to leave my house. I went to my dermatologist and she prescribed to me doxycycline. I was on it the whole summer and it worked wonders on my skin. It helped reduce the size of my pimples and cleared up the ones I had. Apart from that I still have scaring but my dermatologist took me off of it a couple months ago because she told me that this form of treatment is not recommend to take over a long period of time because your kidneys suffer.

I am back on it again and what usually happens is that I'm on it for a month or two and then I stop for a month and return back to it

The month that I take a break from the medication I have occasional breakouts but not as bad as before

Works best for mild-moderate acne
Reviewed on June 24, 2015

I was prescribed Doxy after Minocycline stopped working for me, 100mg/day. My doctor explained that Doxy was one of the stronger drugs of the cycline family (but if that failed, I'd be put on Accutane). I took it for 5 months, and during the time frame of 2.5-3.5 months, was when I had extremely clear skin. I took it mainly for very persistence superficial acne and cystic acne. There was no difference the first month, but definitely the third month was the best. I couldn't take it on an empty stomach since I would get nauseous and I would throw up, so I took it roughly 1.5-2 hours after a meal to avoid it. Other than that, I did not have any other severe side effects. Unfortunately, during the fourth month, my acne came back in full swing.

I wouldn't recommend taking antibiotics, because your body will become immune to it, especially for the level of acne I had, which was moderate-severe. Doxy might work best for mild acne, or even moderate acne.

Steer clear of antibiotics
Reviewed on June 12, 2015

Ok so antibiotics are not the answer to cure your acne. I've been on doxy and Minocycline and both made me get worse acne then before I started the treatment. On Doxy, I got really sick when I took it in the morning because you can't take it with food. It also made me really sensitive to the sun. It made me break out so badly for a month before it started working, and as soon as I finished the treatment my skin came back with a vengeance, because you eventually build up an immunity to it and your pimples also get meaner and more stubborn and they spread to other areas. So if you want to not have to rely on antibiotics, try a good skincare regime (even this can take 3 months to work), and perhaps look at your hormone levels etc

Better than Minocycline
Reviewed on June 9, 2015

Minocycline gave me brain fog but I had no side effects from Doxycycline and it worked better for my acne.

not worth it
Reviewed on May 25, 2015

i started out with bumpy, red acne on my forehead and on both of my cheeks. my forehead is clear, but both of my cheeks have no improvement. as well as I have a burning chest, throat + back pains which caused me to go to the er and miss a whole week of school. the clean forehead was definitely not worth the pain in my chest.

Works, with side effects
Reviewed on May 22, 2015

I had a horrible break out. It lasted 3 months. Just when things were looking up I had an allergic reaction and had to take prednisone. 2 weeks later I was living in hell, twice as bad. The doxy cleared me up in 2 months. Problem is, I lost 25 lbs while I was on it. Couldn't eat dairy products. And your body will get used to it after awhile. It works great but with a price.

Hoping it works
Reviewed on April 22, 2015

I've had acne since my 5th grade year, I'm now a junior which means I've had acne for 7 years. It hurts so bad to have to walk around with huge pimples on your nose, chin, and under your nose. Right now I have two HUGE pimples on my nose and a tiny pimple on my chin, with a lot of dark spots😩😞. It's hard to not be able to look people in the eyes because I'm so ashamed of my face & it's even harder to be the only one in your family to have acne. After trying proactive, clean & clear, neutrogina , BP, etc.. Nothing worked.Back in December my dr put my on doxycycline for two weeks and I notice that it reduce the size of my pimples, but when I finished the bottle I wasn't able to go back.. So finally I had my dr send me to the dermatologist. The dr prescribed me on doxycycline & two other things ( I can't remember what there called). I've been taking it for a week but I haven't really notice any change but I know its going to take some time, so I'll continue taking it. The worst part is that it makes me feel so sick and I have terrible headaches, as for right now I feel so sick ever since I took it this morning. I go see the dr in May so I'm hoping by then I'll see some improvement. Oh also I started back using tea tree oil mixed with water and put directly on the pimples. Anyways Im praying I get clear skin for the FIRST TIME by summer or by my birthday which is in sept. I've been reading the reviews and so far I've been seeing good things, just hope I also get the results I want.