Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.4/5 - 1210 reviews

Brand: Doxycycline

Doxycycline Hyclate.

Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; sodium lauryl sulfate; sodium chloride; talc; anhydrous lactose; corn starch; crospovidone; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating.

3 years already
Reviewed on January 8, 2015

Ive taking doxycycline for 3 years already. Best thing you can try for your acne. It clear my acne in a week or so. Control my back and chest acne too.

The only bad thing is you have to tape it and mostly you will get alot of pimples but its only a month. This is what i do.

Take it for 5 months then one month off. And repet. I will start using retin a for better results but im pretty content with doxy. I would recomend to anyone

by mickeyAcneNoMore on 01/20/2015 06:59
OMW!! you have no idea how i feel. This was my miracle in a capsule :) My acne cleared up in like max two weeks. I have been using it for the past four months now and my skin is freaking awesome. No pimples at all. And my acne scars has lightened like by 75%. This was my cure.
Gave up during the second round.
Reviewed on January 1, 2015

After i tried everything that it's on the market and everything failed to give any results, the dermatologist put me on a 3 month doxycycline prescription. This happened in Europe.

It cleared everything in two weeks , no more breakouts, no side effects. I was happy.

After i finished the entire 3 months treatment, after only two weeks, the plague called acne came back. I went back to the dermatologist ( this time in US ) and i asked for doxy again thinking that maybe my body needs more antibiotics to kill the bacteria. I've seen no results after two weeks and our doxy is so different from the European one. It gives me some serious stomachache , kills my appetite and zero results. So i would not recommend you this.

Meh
Reviewed on December 31, 2014

Took it for six months. Cleared comes ones on forehead. Did nothing for black heads. Helped my back and chest acne but my cheeks stayed the same, probably 5+ pimples all the time. I have ibs and it screwed with my gut. I had a raging yeast infection for like 3 weeks. Overall not worth it

hopeful
Reviewed on December 18, 2014

to day starts day two of being on doxy. Its to early to note any changes but reading the reviews, i'm hopeful this will push my treatment faster to get clear skin. I'm getting married in september, at this point my skin is making me second guess my date. around the same time every month, my skin breaks out and i get 1-3 cystic pimples on my face... unfortunately without thinking, i booked my wedding date around the time of month my break outs happen. I'll be updating my review as i go along. I'm also on two other treatments with this; Morning: aczone Night: adapalene cream 1%.

Not for me
Reviewed on December 1, 2014

Ughh.... these were such a pain! Did nothing but give me stomach pains - skin didn't clear at all

Not good
Reviewed on November 7, 2014

I just couldn't get past day three. The nausea and headaches are what kept me off these meds. Opted for mino..much better!

Review for Doxy
Reviewed on October 3, 2014

Doxycyline like most antibiotics gets rid of the bacteria associated with acne, so you definitely see some sort of improvement in your acne with Doxy. For me I definitely saw an improvement in my skin, and it seemed to stop any new blemishes from forming as well it dried any spots that were currently hanging out on my face. I still would get a few spots here and there but not deep painful ones. Out of all antibiotics I prefer Bactrim, it works best for me in total clearing of my skin. You most likely will see some improvement in your skin with Doxy though! Be sure to use sun screen though with any antibiotic... you don't want to have to deal with brown spots too. I would give Doxy a 3.5/4 stars.

Very agressive
Reviewed on September 22, 2014

I started using it a week ago , but was very aggressive with my stomach ... so I decided to stop treatment .. does not work for me, my skin is as always, a bit dry and moderate acne . I am aware that I have not used it for the recommended time , but nothing changed , exept that I now have acne and stomach pain .

by rayde on 10/11/2014 07:28
The nausea and stomach pain is normal (I got it pretty bad at first). Even though i was told to take it on an empty stomach, users recommend having it with food (like a snack). I found it significantly improved my stomach pain. No more nausea either. Be sure to take it with a little food (just no dairy). If you found it gave you diarrhea or indigestion its because the drug kills good bacteria in your stomach too (effecting how you process food, at least when you're adjusting to the drug). I take Culturelle, which is a bacteria supplement for healthy digestion, daily (just not at the same time as doxy).
Definitely helpful with reducing acne
Reviewed on September 9, 2014

My journey has been quite different than most I know. I've never had bad acne in my life. I've never had perfect skin though. It's more on the dry side which complicates things when it comes to acne. I've had rashes, dry patches and occasional pimples throughout my life. Nothing major or too bad. I am now 37 and for the first time in my life, have full on acne. Had big pimples on my cheek bone area, jaw, chin, a little on my neck. I know antibiotics can be controversial and some of the posts written about antibiotics just sound plain scary! Fortunate enough for me, I am surrounded by individuals with an extreme amount of intelligence and information about our body and how it functions. (my father's a physician and sister is a dietitian!) There is nothing scary about antibiotic if used correctly. I wouldn't rely on antibiotics solely to help with your acne. My acne has improved drastically because I am undergoing an elimination diet and exploring what is causing this issue. The most asked question - The antibiotics really started helping after 3-4 weeks. I started seeing an improvement within 2 weeks but nothing too significant. But you can not stay on these antibiotics forever. I was taking 2 - 100 mg pills a day, for 2 months. Now I am taking 1 pill - 100mg a day. That will be reduced to 50mg next month and then my treatment will be over. But I do notice that when I eat certain foods, I will get a pimple. (dairy for sure, some meats) So I make a conscious effort to not eat those foods and I take probiotics to regulate my 'good' bacteria. It's a huge learning lesson and I have so much research and lessons learned that I am starting a blog/community for adults that may share my concerns, challenges, and just want to share stories and methods. Good luck to everyone! Do try doxy, it's worth it.

No change for me
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

I am a 35 year old male and have suffered with acne since I was 15 years old. I have been taking 100mg of Doxycycline a day for 11 months and can say for me it has not worked, I have noticed little to no reduction in my acne. I still get big spots/zits on my chin. It's a shame there isn't one thing that works for everyone, very happy for those it has worked for though.

by Nikki0926 on 10/03/2014 14:09
Try Bactrim!
by rayde on 10/11/2014 07:29
is it time for Accutane?
by stefanie777 on 10/12/2014 09:40
Try Accutane...you will love the results.