Page 3 of Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.4/5 - 1202 reviews

Brand: Doxycycline

Doxycycline Hyclate.

Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; sodium lauryl sulfate; sodium chloride; talc; anhydrous lactose; corn starch; crospovidone; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating.

Worked for me!
Reviewed on March 27, 2014

I took Doxycycline for 4 months, from October 2013 to January 2014. After trying out the oil cleansing method, my skin broke out like crazy, and nothing was working to clear it, so my doctor prescribed me doxycycline. From the first week I started to notice changes. Breakouts would decrease in size and the inflammation on my face would also reduce. I would still get occasional pimples popping up, but they wouldn't last long and would quickly disappear. It took a while for all of my acne to clear, it wasn't until the very end of the 4 month period in which I took the antibiotic, that I could honestly say all of my acne was gone. At the end of the 4 months, my skin was completely clear, I had no active acne, just hyper-pigmentation from old breakouts.

I actually liked doxycycline, and the other side effect I had with it, was that I would get sun burnt very easily, and would develop a rash on my chest and neck every time I went out in the sun. However, this didn't bother me too much, as the results I was seeing were incredible and I was just happy that it was working.

by jesslisk on 05/06/2014 01:47
I had the same experience with the oil cleansing method. Did your acne stay away after your 4 months on the doxy?
worked for me!
Reviewed on March 19, 2014

So after having pretty much every type of acne (blackheads whiteheads cystic etc) across my chest and shoulders my whole teen life I decided to stop hiding and see a doctor. Im allergic to natural penicillin but got an artificial derivative of this drug. Initially I had an awful break out (in places I've never had issues too) turns out that was the duac gel which I've stopped using. A month on and everything is clear! Finally I can focus on clearing up those scars! Pretty expensive in Australia and comes in really small packets but im stoked with the results and actually wear singlets now!

Waste of time
Reviewed on March 10, 2014

I was taking this on a fairly regular basis. I followed the directions exactly as the bottle said. As soon as I was done with a dose, the acne would be back in 2-3 months. Here I am 3 years later and my acne is still here. If your doctor tries this route, I'd reconsider.

Does Not Work
Reviewed on March 2, 2014

Does not work, can taste bad -acid reflux

I prefer non-pharma ways to treat acne. Drugs didn't cause it, so drugs are not going to cure it for me.

Not effective for me
Reviewed on March 1, 2014

My skin just was really sensitive to the sunlight, and it did not really improve my complexion at all. I didn't necessarily get worse, but I didn't get better either.

Doxycycline antibiotics
Reviewed on January 21, 2014

Have had mild-severe acne for about a year now. Went to a dermatologist who got my taking doxycycline tablets twice a day (as well as face cream) and told me to come back in a month if I hadn't noticed any changes. Face was dry/scaly for about a week and a half. After a month of taking them I noticed no changes. Not only did I have the same red scaring dots, I was still getting bumbs on my face (acne). So for me personally it did not work as I think they were not strong enough. He has now put me on Bactrim and Epiduo gel. Hopefully that works.

Cleared up Acne but it came back
Reviewed on January 21, 2014

I've had severe acne from the time I was 16. I took doxcycline (2x a day first month) around the beginning of my junior year in high school along with two topical creams benzoyl peroxide (in the morning) and adapalene (at night) (I don't remember the concentration of either of them. Within 2 and 1/2 months my skin with clear. So I, being young and dumb and hate taking my med, cut my prescription by a month and a half. I was suppose to be taking doxy for a total of four months. Within 3 months of getting off it my acne came back, but just moderately.

Six months off doxycycline my acne became moderately severe. It's been about two years and I'm starting doxcycline again along with epiduo. Hopefully the good results will happen again.

My best advice is to used it directly as prescribed and do definitely take it with food.

Not the miracle product I was looking for
Reviewed on January 7, 2014

My doctor prescribed me 100mg/dag. After 1 month there was a little improvement, so I decided to keep taking it for another 1/2 months to see whether it keeps improving. In the end I can say it has helped a little. I don't get big cysts anymore, but my face is still full of bumps and closed and open comedons. It wasn't really worth it for me unfortunately:( I didn't experience any side effects by the way, which is a good thing offcourse.

Works very well with patience, but cannot use forever
Reviewed on December 17, 2013

During the end of summer 2012 I had really started to break out. I was 19 and just about to start college; I didn't want to scare any ladies away so I started using face washes and other stuff but none of it worked too well. I went to my doctor in October 2012 and he gave me epiduo with doxycycline. I was told to take twice a day for a couple months. At first, my face seemed to have gotten worse but after about 6 weeks I started to notice that my face was really starting to clear up. By the end of January, my face was clear and smooth. Once my prescription ran out, I kept using the epiduo and went back to using face washes to prevent any more acne from sprouting. I had clear skin for about 8 months until I started noticing breakouts again. Even with daily cleaning and epiduo, I had started to get acne as bad as the first time. Basically, the stuff works well but it lacks longevity.

Barely works
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

Doxycycline did not do much for my acne at all. I noticed no increase in the severity of my acne after coming off this antibiotic. Also, antibiotics wreak havoc on your digestive system causing a whole range of other problems.