Page 3 of Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.4/5 - 1199 reviews

Brand: Doxycycline

Doxycycline Hyclate.

Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; sodium lauryl sulfate; sodium chloride; talc; anhydrous lactose; corn starch; crospovidone; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating.

Does Not Work
Reviewed on March 2, 2014

Does not work, can taste bad -acid reflux

I prefer non-pharma ways to treat acne. Drugs didn't cause it, so drugs are not going to cure it for me.

Not effective for me
Reviewed on March 1, 2014

My skin just was really sensitive to the sunlight, and it did not really improve my complexion at all. I didn't necessarily get worse, but I didn't get better either.

Doxycycline antibiotics
Reviewed on January 21, 2014

Have had mild-severe acne for about a year now. Went to a dermatologist who got my taking doxycycline tablets twice a day (as well as face cream) and told me to come back in a month if I hadn't noticed any changes. Face was dry/scaly for about a week and a half. After a month of taking them I noticed no changes. Not only did I have the same red scaring dots, I was still getting bumbs on my face (acne). So for me personally it did not work as I think they were not strong enough. He has now put me on Bactrim and Epiduo gel. Hopefully that works.

Cleared up Acne but it came back
Reviewed on January 21, 2014

I've had severe acne from the time I was 16. I took doxcycline (2x a day first month) around the beginning of my junior year in high school along with two topical creams benzoyl peroxide (in the morning) and adapalene (at night) (I don't remember the concentration of either of them. Within 2 and 1/2 months my skin with clear. So I, being young and dumb and hate taking my med, cut my prescription by a month and a half. I was suppose to be taking doxy for a total of four months. Within 3 months of getting off it my acne came back, but just moderately.

Six months off doxycycline my acne became moderately severe. It's been about two years and I'm starting doxcycline again along with epiduo. Hopefully the good results will happen again.

My best advice is to used it directly as prescribed and do definitely take it with food.

Not the miracle product I was looking for
Reviewed on January 7, 2014

My doctor prescribed me 100mg/dag. After 1 month there was a little improvement, so I decided to keep taking it for another 1/2 months to see whether it keeps improving. In the end I can say it has helped a little. I don't get big cysts anymore, but my face is still full of bumps and closed and open comedons. It wasn't really worth it for me unfortunately:( I didn't experience any side effects by the way, which is a good thing offcourse.

Works very well with patience, but cannot use forever
Reviewed on December 17, 2013

During the end of summer 2012 I had really started to break out. I was 19 and just about to start college; I didn't want to scare any ladies away so I started using face washes and other stuff but none of it worked too well. I went to my doctor in October 2012 and he gave me epiduo with doxycycline. I was told to take twice a day for a couple months. At first, my face seemed to have gotten worse but after about 6 weeks I started to notice that my face was really starting to clear up. By the end of January, my face was clear and smooth. Once my prescription ran out, I kept using the epiduo and went back to using face washes to prevent any more acne from sprouting. I had clear skin for about 8 months until I started noticing breakouts again. Even with daily cleaning and epiduo, I had started to get acne as bad as the first time. Basically, the stuff works well but it lacks longevity.

Barely works
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

Doxycycline did not do much for my acne at all. I noticed no increase in the severity of my acne after coming off this antibiotic. Also, antibiotics wreak havoc on your digestive system causing a whole range of other problems.

Is it workinnnng ?
Reviewed on November 7, 2013

It's an okay product. I have a horrible habit of picking (need to break it) which throws off the results of the medicine, obviously. It sort of works when I completely leave skin alone, but it doesn't work wonders. It takes foreeverrrr to kick in, and its not a miracle product. I've heard its supposed to work on body acne, but I have seen no results.

Ok But Not Great
Reviewed on October 27, 2013

I was on Doxy for two six week rounds. In the first round it did get a lot worse before it gradually got better. My moderate to moderately severe acne did get clearer in the second round, but the medicine had no effect on my cystic acne and only seemed to increase the number of whiteheads I got. My scarring though was greatly reduced, which I was very happy about. Overall I think this medication would have been better prescribed to someone with light to moderate acne.

by gpz750turbo on 10/29/2013 01:02
Be patient. It actually takes a good 14 days to really start working. Not sure of your age but with body building comes an increase in Testosterone and certain supplements will will further increase it. Though treatable with antibiotics, Cystic acne is generally hormonal. I'm 45 years old and my acne still increases when I'm weight training.
Severe Cystic Acne, First Time On Doxy
Reviewed on October 18, 2013

This is my first time being prescribed doxy. I have always had a few zits here and there my whole life but nothing that I would ever describe as "problem skin". About two months ago I began to break out something fierce. Nothing helped. I keep my skin so clean, I am extremely active (I am a personal trainer), drink so much water, and have a seriously clean diet (raw vegan). I have not changed anything in my regular routine for over a year. I have no explanation for this awful outburst of cystic acne. I am on doxy, 200 mg a day. It's been 5 days now and I have seen little improvement. I know that's a short amount of time but I am so impatient. I have become super reclusive because I am so embarrassed of the way I look. I have uploaded a picture in the gallery. I would love some advice or feedback. (New here).