Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Average price: $2.85

Brand: Dove

Most helpful review

By Matthew, Danville, KY on 02/29/2012

I am an R.N. (soon-to-be Nurse Practitioner) and have been using this since my dermatologist recommended it when I was in high school. Who knew that a simple bar of Dove is all you need as an everyday facial cleanser?! If you suffer from acne, DO NOT PURCHASE ANY OTHER FACIAL CLEANSER! You name it-I've tried it! I've even tried the different varieties of Dove bars, and this one is the most effective because it is extremely gentle. Even if you don't have "sensitive skin" per say, the face that it's fragrance free and hypoallergenic, you can rest assured that it will not aggravate any current skin conditions (eczema, acne, rosacea, sunburn, etc.) I recommend this to any and all patients...from 1 month to 80 years old!.

Pros:
  • Better than ANY face wash I've tried.
  • Doesn't burn or irritate skin in ANY way
  • Can use all over face, even to wash around the eyes and eyelids!
Cons:
  • NONE

31 out of 41 people found this review helpful

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
Dove Sensitive Skin Bath Bars (4 oz Bars), 6 ea
Dove Beauty Bar, Sensitive Skin, 4 Bars

Member reviews

By on

This is THE best product I have ever used for my face. The other products (Acne face washes, Makeup removing wipes, etc) have either dried my face out completely and caused more acne or have not completely removed all my makeup and in turn has caused me to break out more!

I can't believe I haven't tried this sooner. My doctor recommended this to me and I will NEVER use another product again. I have been using Dove for a few weeks and my acne is almost completely clear. I just have three small pimples, but it is no big deal.

Along with Dove sensitive soap I am also using a moisturizer that has salicylic acid in it. Also, I am using the clean and clear daily pore cleansing pads at night. I am also using an exfoliant weekly (Freeman's clay mask).

My face feels so smooth and nice and it really has improved drastically!

I have recommended Dove to all my friends and I recommend it to anyone who is thinking of using it. What do you have to lose? Except acne?

Pros

• Doesn't burn skin, No irritation, Skin feels very soft, Smells very nice, Very inexpensive, Lathers very nicely and Cleans face very well

Cons

• Skin can get a little dry so use moisturizer after washing
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It works good pimple faces lol

Pros

• Smells bomb and keeps skin clecleac

Cons

• None
  • very light
  • for a few months
  • $ 8

By on

I just started using this soap 2 days ago and i have not seen any improvement in my acne. Which is understandable, i will check back here in a month so give another review. But im a 15 year old teenager so i dont expect to see any change in my ance. But this soap did do what i bought it for : " to not irritate and burn and dry out my skin" I give it 10 out of 10 for that :D

ill check back in a month to tell you guys if my acne improved

Pros

• Doesnt burn my skin after use. My face use to burn and be very tight after using irish spring. Makes skin feel soft for a while. doesnt irritate my skin what so ever. I use to get irritation from almost every soap i used for my face.

Cons

• Your face feel a little bit tight after a few minutes, but not that much.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I started using this whilst staying at my folks for a couple of days and didn't even know what it was as it was half used. I couldn't believe that my seborrheic dermatitis and acne had nearly disappeared after two nights. Now one week on my skin is amazing. I've tried everything and most didn't help or made it worse. I also have a very good diet with very little sugar, dairy or refined wheat which I've been following for the past year but my acne still persisted. I know its only been a week but my skin has never been this good since I hit puberty and I'm 36 now. Wish I'd tried this years ago. My care routine simply is washing my face thoroughly three times a day. No dryness or tightness just radiant clear skin.

Pros

• Unbelievably Good. Acne has disappeared for first time in years!

Cons

• What cons....there are none!
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

i love dove!!!

its easy to apply and works great!

works better than any other cleanser

Pros

• works great!!nice smell,price and makes skin supper soft especially on cheeks:D

Cons

• none;)
  • severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 4.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I hope the Sensitive Skin Dove Bar works! I've tried many things. And now, I'm 34 with wrinkles and acne??!!! Annoying. I crave simplicity in my beauty routines (and life) and I think I just may be overdrying my skin with the 4+ steps in the Dermalogica line. Hopefully this with a light moisteriser will be enough to cool things down. I've been fighting acne my entire life!!!

Pros

• Cheap! And seems to be gentle without overly drying. I like the simplicity of the routine.

Cons

• Perhaps a tiny bit drying? We'll see after a few more uses.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Good for my face..it feels soft and clean

• good

Cons

• i felt like my skin was getting a bit drier
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• pretty clean feeling, doesn't dry skin, smells good, and your skin is left soft and clear!

Cons

• doesn't clear all acne:|
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Its a great product for people suffering from mild to moderate acne in conjunction with any acne moisturizer, I really really recommend this product.

Pros

• Lathers nicely, does not irritate skin whatsoever, gentle on skin, does not have a bad smell, affordable, helps keep skin clean and doable.

Cons

• If left in water it tends to melt..so do not leave the soap in water.
  • very light
  • for a few months
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've struggled with acne for over 10 years and have extremely sensative skin. I started using it when my dermatologist recommended it a couple years ago. I was always trying different products that were marked towards people with acne and everything made my skin worse. My dermatoligst said that, because of my skin type, most products that say they will "treat acne" will more than likely make my acne worse (especially products with salicylic acid and even Proactiv)...and that is what happend. I even went to another dermatologist for a second opinion and he said the same thing. It's not a "miracle cure" and I do break out sometimes but it did help with clearing up the acne I had and like I said it's the only thing I've tried that hasn't made my skin worse. However, I would recommend seeing a dermatologist and seeing what they have to say. What works for me may not work for you.

Pros

• This has really helped my skin clear up. And helps to prevent future breakouts. Makes my skin feel soft and does not dry out my skin.

Cons

• I still break out every once in a while, but it's the only product I've used that hasn't made my acne worse.
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.