Page 4 of Dove Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 141 reviews

Brand: Dove

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
updated: 03/26/2015 18:43 UTC

Reviewed on December 30, 2011

Routine(face should be washed every 12 hours to help maintain oil balance): At night I take a washcloth and sponge my face with warm water(not hot, hot water means stronger chlorine on your skin if you use tap water which dries your skin out) to remove excess oil, then I lather my washcloth up with this soap so much my tan washcloth becomes white. lol I take it and wipe my face down a few times(your skin is exfoliated without stimulating or aggrivating the sensitive oil glands). I rinse off for a long time and pat my face dry with a towel. I take a q-tip and spot treat any huge pimples with clearisil ultra face wash. In the morning I take a paper towel to blot excess oil off and I wash my face with this soap with just my hands and pat dry with a towel. At first my skin was still oily and itched like crazy from purging but I stuck it through for the first two weeks. Then the most amazing thing happened, my pimples starting coming out my skin, I could litereally just pull them right out!!! Right now I only have 3 pimples on my face and my skin is nice and moisturized without excess oil.

Reviewed on November 19, 2011

Before this i used all of the acne products

at CVS but dried out my skin.My mom told

me to use some Dove so i tried it out,it felt

soft and smooth like a CLOUD!!:).But some times it dries out my skin especially in the winter.So i use some Ponds Travel Size Dry

Skin Cream $4.00 at CVS and when i get a

Zit i put some Clearasil on it. PLEASE USE

THIS REGIMEN IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on October 27, 2011

This is good to use on skin that doesn't have a rash and skin that is on retin-a it worked well the first couple of months but when i got my rash it assisted in spreading it! Now Im on Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser with cortisone 10 and I have feel my 5 month rash going a way.

Reviewed on October 27, 2011

I was so excited to see that this simple dove bar was the solution to many people's acne. I decided to give it a try and see if it could help my cystic acne, unfortunately it was a little too gentle for my face. I really liked the creamy lather and clean feeling i felt after using this, however it wasn't too effective at preventing breakouts for me, and was a little drying.

Instead i use it as a shoulders chest and back wash for acne instead and it works wonders. Prevents all body acne breakouts.

This product would probably be more effective for someone with mild to moderate acne.

Reviewed on October 23, 2011

Don't buy it - claims are not true at all

Reviewed on October 18, 2011

I have been alternating this with Neutrogena Stress Solution scrub (which I let sit on my skin for a few minutes before rinsing, like was recommended here). This combination has been working well so far.

When I feel I am breaking out more, I will use the medicated scrub at night. I feel like it is more effective when I don't wash with it every day, morning and night. I'd say I use the scrub 2-3 times per week. My skin feels much healthier and soft. I've never had such velvety skin!

Reviewed on September 8, 2011

I love this thing....have started using this since last week when people were saying tht I shud do sumthing for my skin..i was soo depressed n decided to give dove unscented bar a try! n guess wat, it worked wow....may be my skin is not clean totally but I am sure tht dove will take care to clear up my skin :D one thing using a very very very tiny amount of moisturizer is essential after every wash for ppl having oily skin lyk me..I use aveen complexion clearing moisturizer! lovely :D

Reviewed on September 1, 2011

I am in my early 20's, and have suffered from acne for years. So much so that it really began to take a toll on my life, I honestly didn't even want to leave the house. Simple things such as going out to dinner became uncomfortable for me. I had tried everything to try and help my skin. Every face wash or acne product you can imagine... right down to Proactiv. Nothing worked. I recently happened to see a TV interview with some celebrity (can't even remember which one), who was asked about her skin and complexion. She said that all she, and her family ever uses is Dove and water, and that it had kept her skin beautiful for as long as she could remember. So I decided to just take the simple cleansing route for once, and give plain 'ole Dove a try. I have only been using this soap (as a facial cleanser) for about two weeks, but the improvement that I can already see is amazing! I can't remember the last time my face was this smooth, and soft. My breakouts are drying up, and deminishing faster than ever. My skin becomes clearer, and clearer each day. I use this soap every morning when I wake up, and every night before bed. And as long as I keep seeing these results, I will continue to do so! My only complaint so far, and the only reason I'm rating it 4/5 stars is that it can get a little drying, but it's nothing that a good moisturizer can't fix. I'm currently pairing it with Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer when need be, and the combination of the two products is working wonders for me! It's so nice to just be able to have such a simple, affordable cleaning regimen- as opposed to having to use the expensive, 30 minute long, multiple step acne products. I wish I had known just how great these Dove bars were sooner, but I guess better late than never! So thank you Dove! This product is literally changing my life for the better each, and every day!

Reviewed on August 27, 2011

I have been using it for months and my acne is in control .. i wash my face 5 times a day with the green dove, Because I have oily skin , then apply a good moisturizer :) gives a perfect feeling.

people with Oily + acne should go for it!!

P.S . Keep your body dove soap and Face Dove soap Separate, and restricted for face and body wash respectively

Reviewed on August 25, 2011

I just started using this because I wanted something light and gentle to use while starting a new prescription I got from my dermatologist. It's great for sensitive skin, but don't count on it for treating acne.