Page 3 of Dove Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 139 reviews

Brand: Dove

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
updated: 09/22/2014 19:11 UTC
Dove Sensitive Skin Bath Bars (4 oz Bars), 6 ea
updated: 09/22/2014 19:11 UTC

Reviewed on April 5, 2012

This soap is all you need if you're suffering with acne. I have stopped using cleasners all together and this soap has just been amazing! My skin sucks so much and it is extremely sensitive so the soap can be a little drying, but I have paired this with Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer and it does wonders. Definitely worth a try!

Reviewed on April 1, 2012

I LOVE IT!! I've tried EVERYTHING out there. When I say everything, I mean I've spent a good $5000 on acne medications. Everything made me either dry and irritated or it didn't work at all. This is is the first thing that seems to have produced immediate results. I wash my face with this twice a day. At night I use it along with my Clarisonic Mia. After I just use Sea Breeze and I'm finished.

Reviewed on March 20, 2012

its an awesome product.

i love it.

i helps prevent breakouts & i use it all the time.

Reviewed on March 10, 2012

Use this product for 2 months and you will see the result

Reviewed on March 3, 2012

I found this bar aggravated the acne on my chest and back. I'm not sure which ingredient in the Dove bar was so irritating, but I had to quit using it. I now use the Cetaphil Antibacterial bar and have great results.

Reviewed on February 29, 2012

I am an R.N. (soon-to-be Nurse Practitioner) and have been using this since my dermatologist recommended it when I was in high school. Who knew that a simple bar of Dove is all you need as an everyday facial cleanser?! If you suffer from acne, DO NOT PURCHASE ANY OTHER FACIAL CLEANSER! You name it-I've tried it! I've even tried the different varieties of Dove bars, and this one is the most effective because it is extremely gentle. Even if you don't have "sensitive skin" per say, the face that it's fragrance free and hypoallergenic, you can rest assured that it will not aggravate any current skin conditions (eczema, acne, rosacea, sunburn, etc.) I recommend this to any and all patients...from 1 month to 80 years old!

Reviewed on January 11, 2012

I started using the Dove Beauty Bar about 4 months ago. I used it because Retin-A really made my skin awful, and I wanted to switch to something without chemicals for a while. I used the bar every single night, and almost every morning. And I didn't use anything else on my face except for moisturizer when needed. I really wanted it to work for me, but sadly it didn't. I have oily skin, but it made my skin really flaky, worse than normal in the winter months. And it didn't do much about my acne, in fact it made it a little worse. And my skin always felt like it had a residue on it when I was done washing. I hoped it would work for my acne if I stuck with it, but I'm calling it quits on this one!

I just switched to a medicated facial cleanser and I hope that clears things up!

Reviewed on December 30, 2011

Routine(face should be washed every 12 hours to help maintain oil balance): At night I take a washcloth and sponge my face with warm water(not hot, hot water means stronger chlorine on your skin if you use tap water which dries your skin out) to remove excess oil, then I lather my washcloth up with this soap so much my tan washcloth becomes white. lol I take it and wipe my face down a few times(your skin is exfoliated without stimulating or aggrivating the sensitive oil glands). I rinse off for a long time and pat my face dry with a towel. I take a q-tip and spot treat any huge pimples with clearisil ultra face wash. In the morning I take a paper towel to blot excess oil off and I wash my face with this soap with just my hands and pat dry with a towel. At first my skin was still oily and itched like crazy from purging but I stuck it through for the first two weeks. Then the most amazing thing happened, my pimples starting coming out my skin, I could litereally just pull them right out!!! Right now I only have 3 pimples on my face and my skin is nice and moisturized without excess oil.

Reviewed on November 19, 2011

Before this i used all of the acne products

at CVS but dried out my skin.My mom told

me to use some Dove so i tried it out,it felt

soft and smooth like a CLOUD!!:).But some times it dries out my skin especially in the winter.So i use some Ponds Travel Size Dry

Skin Cream $4.00 at CVS and when i get a

Zit i put some Clearasil on it. PLEASE USE

THIS REGIMEN IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!