Page 2 of Dove Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 139 reviews

Brand: Dove

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
updated: 09/30/2014 13:12 UTC
Dove Sensitive Skin Bath Bars (4 oz Bars), 6 ea
updated: 09/30/2014 13:12 UTC

Reviewed on November 27, 2012

Ive been using this for about 3 months now with my prescription acne treatments. Ive tried other things for a little bit such as cetaphil and cerave but evry time i found myself comming back to this. Its great!

Reviewed on November 5, 2012

While some people are out there purchasing expensive brands thinking they are the best...I have my good old dove soap! Super cheap and does what it says--keeps my skin fresh and gorgeous.

Reviewed on October 18, 2012

I am not normally one to write reviews but i felt compelled too after trying this out. I have tried everything on my acne, from proactive to daily cleansers such as cetaphil, spectro jel, to prescription medication such as RetinA-Micro& Clindoxyl, to Oxypad wipes. They have either made it worse or havent really done anything. ( other than RetinA-Micro, if you use that stuff religiously every night it should make a difference eventually, but nothing is as easy and as cheap to use then this Dove Beauty Bar for sensitive skin, just keep it in shower and lather it up for 15-30 seconds and gently lather it into your face and you are left feeling clean, smooth, and after a few days, i saw remarkable effects. only downside is it is a little bit drying though but it is still really nice. Who would of thought that just a bar of soap could make such a difference? I have completelty stopped using everything else and just wash my face in the shower with this beauty bar.

Give it a try, its cheap, and really works!! ( it did for me atleast, and i have tried everything trust me)

i give it a 4/5 only because of the *LITTLE* bit of dry skin, but again its not bad at all its a light dry sensation

Reviewed on October 10, 2012

After years of trying to improve my acne, the best cleanser was the simplest and cheapest!!

I am always careful to wash off the outer layer before lathering my face, since bar soap can harbor bacteria. Also wash gently! If you scrub too much it can dry out your skin. I follow up with Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel lotion.

I feel like my skin is actually LESS oily since using Dove because of the moisturizing! Definitely give this a try.

Reviewed on August 29, 2012

This isn't any ordinary soap. It cleared my acne quickly and results can be seen overnight! Pimples get drastically smaller. I used it twice a day, morning and night and can't be more thankful. It helped with my teenage acne a lot!

Reviewed on August 8, 2012

I bought this for my underarms; i've been having trouble with removing the sweat under my arms and i needed something gentle for the irritation there caused by friction and an antiperspirant, and all though it didn't clean my underarms as well as i had hoped, i recently noticed the little bit of back acne i had is gone XD with the hot weather my back was sweating and breaking out but once i began using this soap my bacne went away... i am so surpised! this was an amazing accident! i used to use a glycolic acid body wash once in a while on my back but now i don't need to! and its great cuz that body wash costs a ton! My skin feels really clean with it.. except for my underarms :(

Reviewed on July 19, 2012

I had moderate acne on my back and this is the only thing I've tried that works absolute wonders. I have NO pimples on my back. Not even one. If I do get any sort of pimple on my back, I just spot treat it with some bp.

Now I'm going to start using it on my face because, frankly, I'm sick of feeling like my face is not completely clean after cleansing. A huge cause for acne is clogged pores so I don't see how lightly cleansing your face with a super gentle cleanser (that does not even remove all of my make up) would get rid of my acne.

Reviewed on May 9, 2012

I'm a 19 year old male and have had bad body acne for about 2-3 years now. I use this on my body and it works great for my body acne. I used to have a lot of acne on my back and chest, and I was always too rough when treating it and would over dry and cause a lot of scarring. Now I use dove sensitive bar and it cleared almost all of my body acne, i only get a few small zits sometimes and rarely i get one large one but for the most part its all gone. My scars are also fading slowly. Use a non-oil moisturizer on your body as well so it doesn't over dry. This combination is working great for me and I'm sure all my scars will disappear soon. If you have body acne i recommend dove highly!

Be patient when using it because all of your acne won't dissapear in a week, it probably took me several weeks to see the acne go away and several months for most of my scars to fade.

Reviewed on May 1, 2012

AMAZING. Love this stuff, holy grail acne cleanser. Gave me clear skin with in weeks. I've been using this and baking soda for my moderate teen acne from very oily skin. Works wonderfully :)