Dove Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 137 reviews

Brand: Dove

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
Dove Sensitive Skin Bath Bars (4 oz Bars), 6 ea
Dove Beauty Bar, Sensitive Skin, 4 Bars

Not for the face!!
Reviewed on January 27, 2014

Dove is renowned for being gentle on your body, but that's only true for the neck down. I use Dove Sensitive bar to wash my body, but i tried washing my face with it and the next day i had a giant pimple on my face and tenderness and redness! What gives, Dove? How can you claim your soap is gentle and "sensitive" and yet it made me breakout?

If i could turn back time, i would not have used it on my face. Now i have to wait out this breakout. Arrgh!

Good product.
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I love this bar of soap. It takes makeup off with ease, smells lovely, won't irritate your skin, and feels just perfect! When my face was irritated from other cleansers, I used this. It doesn't cure acne, but it does soften your skin and calm it, which can definitely help acne calm down and what not. It's also so cheap. You can buy a pack of them for like 5 dollars!

It's a keeper!
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

I have always used Dove soap (not the sensitive version though) since it was recommended by my GP years ago when I first got acne. Sometimes people think it's weird using soap on your face but I love it, makes my skin feel lovely and clean and doesn't dry it out. I can't say it's made a difference either way with regards to acne but it is a good cleanser and doesn't break me out so I can't complain! I always have a bar of Dove on hand, can't go wrong really.

Reviewed on April 17, 2013

Compared to cetaphil gentle skin cleanser this is very slightly less gentle but it removes makeup and dead flaky skin better but it still leaves your natural oils intact.

Reviewed on April 10, 2013

Let me tell you, this product is a breath of fresh air. After using harsh multi-step acne products all through high school, it feels so nice to wash my face with this simple, yet effective soap. This works for me because I am well passed puberty and just need something simple to wash my face with to keep it clean. I doubt it will work for people with severe acne. But give it a try! I love it.

Reviewed on March 17, 2013

It's very cheap. I've had acne since the 5th grade and its gotten worse over the years. I tried this about 3 days ago and I'm already notices pimples on my forehead are gone or very much smaller. It's gentle on skin and leaves it nice and smooth. I've also noticed it reduces pore size. My brother got a zit on his chin and tried my soap for it and it was gone the next morning. It's a great product and works wonders to your face/body.

Reviewed on December 28, 2012

It's extremely mild and a great way of cleansing your face. However, for acne, it's more geared toward people who are on topically applied acne medications (e.g. retinoids, spot treatments). This is so you can gently clean your face before applying the medication. It's a very basic cleanser just like Cetaphil. When used alone, it won't help prevent acne, but it's certainly a trust-worthy product when it comes to no irritation! Great for people with sunburn, eczema, etc.

Reviewed on December 14, 2012

I have had severe hormonal acne since August 2012 due to a hormonal imbalance I'm working through. I have always had breakouts ever since I was 12, but lately it has been just unsightly. I can barely look my husband in the eyes because I feel so ugly. I have tried everything to sooth my acne ...I even resorted to getting proactive, but nothing has worked. I like Dan's products, but the AHA breaks me out and the wash does nothing for me. I have spent so much money trying every product on the market to aleast reduce the large, sore bumps on my jaw and neck. One day I got tired of my acne cleanser doing nothing, but irritating my skin so I grab my dove sensitive skin soap bar to wash my face since it has worked before my hormonal acne appeared. Then I saw my Epsom salts by the bathtub and thought ...Why not? I cannot believe the results in just a week. I look in the mirror and cry because it’s so simple and inexpensive. My face is badly scared, but the blackheads/ small bumps are GONE and the large bumps are fading. I cannot believe it. My current reg: Dove mixed with Epsom as a wash, Dickinson's pore toner used with a cotton ball, and Dan's topical treatment ...I'm still looking for a good moisturizer. Right now I'm just using the rest of my proactive spf until I can find one I like, but my skin looks amazing compared to just a few weeks ago.

Reviewed on November 27, 2012

Ive been using this for about 3 months now with my prescription acne treatments. Ive tried other things for a little bit such as cetaphil and cerave but evry time i found myself comming back to this. Its great!

Reviewed on November 5, 2012

While some people are out there purchasing expensive brands thinking they are the best...I have my good old dove soap! Super cheap and does what it says--keeps my skin fresh and gorgeous.