Dove Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 147 reviews

Brand: Dove

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
updated: 11/28/2015 06:06 UTC
$14.29 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

I trust dove
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

My skin hates EVERYTHING. Especially Moisturizers. i use sensitive or baby dove sensitive with hydrating hyaluronic acid mist and that seems to be enough moisture. Any more than that and It can clog my pores up pretty bad. I've tried everything from high end to low, foaming, cream, gel and other bar soaps.

I return to dove every single time. Look at my profile picture. That's not a charming face, but damn the skin she is clear! Thanks to dove.

Simple yet Effective
Reviewed on October 3, 2015

Sometimes, great things come in small and inexpensive packages. I started using Dove on my face after I was slightly burned by a chemical peel. It made my skin soft, smooth, and it appeared to calm my acne down. Although, Paula, (of Paula's Choice and Beautypedia), advises against using bar soap on your face, I have to admit that this product does seem to make a difference. If it works for you keep using it! As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it." My grandmother had flawless and even toned skin, and all she used was Dove, Ponds Cold Cream, and Oil of Olay (the pink stuff) go figure! I, on the other hand, have always used nothing but very high end products, and my skin never looked as good as hers until I met the love of my life hiding in the bathroom shower...Dove soap:)!

Sidenote: I have always used Dove on my body, but never my face until now and I must say that I'm happy, pleased and satisfied.

Love it
Reviewed on August 23, 2015

Gives my skin a fresh feeling after washing my face. Over the year I've tried lots of harsh chemicals that just made my pimples worse and dried it out. Dove on the other hand doesn't dry out your skin and doesn't contain any harsh chemicals like other face washes do. Go dove!! 🎉🎉

The Best for the price
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

My face became super sensitive from shaving and ingrown hairs, then dove came to the rescue. Fragranced soaps can sting and this soap is extremely gentle. I personally only use it for my face as it has proven itself to be too gentle for my body. For that I use lever2000.

smells old
Reviewed on July 31, 2015

I have been using Sensitive for 5yrs. now. I bought some recently and it really smells bad. I thought it was my daughter not washing the towels correctly. To my amazement it is the soap. It reminds of old cooking oil. I buy the family pack and now money down the drain.

by Human Doing on 08/13/2015 20:59
Yeah, that's the way unscented soap smells, lady. You actually wasted it?
Bad skin
Reviewed on July 29, 2015

i have the worst skin called eczema my bad looks like burn marks and i'm ashy after dove sensitive i have soft skin and there not joking about the smooth part in one shower i feel like a baby again and use it on your face don'y use other products while using dove

Gentle, and non irritating for acne prone skin
Reviewed on March 16, 2015

My dermatologist recommended this bar for my face, as well as a 10 percent benzoyl peroxide wash. I use this once a day at night every two days, with my benzoyl wash in between days, and it is wonderfully creamy, gentle, scentless and non drying! Maybe not that effective on its own for acne, but very good for sensitive skin or to be used with another cleanser. LOVE :D

The only thing that has worked...
Reviewed on January 20, 2015

At 24 you'd think I was finished with acne but from about 20 it just got worse. Huge, painful and red swellings ran down my cheeks almost permanently and there was always one or two around my mouth or on my forehead. I tried almost every brand out there, from the expensive to the cheap. I tried homemade treatments using honey, lemon, vinegar, tumeric, olive oil and whatever else I could get my hands on. Then I went away on holiday and forgot my toiletry case. All I could get was the Dove regular soap. By the end of the holiday my face had drastically improved and so I kept using the soap. It doesn't effectively remove make up so I've added coconut oil to my night routine (that's it, nothing more - no moisturizer, no other product, nothing).

Night Routine:

1. Work a small amount of coconut oil all over my face, over my eyes, lips, neck, everywhere and leave for about a minute - then wipe off with a cotton wool pad. That removes all traces of make up.

2. Work Dove up into a lather and cleanse my face thoroughly - rinse.

3. I occasionally dab a drop of coconut oil around my eyes because it is supposed to help with wrinkles but super nervous it causes a breakout although that hasn't happened (yet).

Morning Routine:

1. Splash face with water (occasionally I wash my face with dove soap but then it can feel slightly tight)

I use Garnier's BB cream (again, just the regular one - I don't use moisturizer so this works as one) unless I am going out and then I use Loreal's Infallible Foundation

I have recently started going without make up at all though because FINALLY MY SKIN IS CLEAR!!!!!! I don't normally post reviews but I am just so freaking happy and would love to be able to help someone else with the same problem that I had (severe acne on the cheeks).

by rish95 on 05/06/2015 02:35
Hey ! Was dove the reason why your acne faded ? Cause I have acne scars and I am 19 and I plan go shift to dove for my face acre regime .
it's good buuuuutttttt........
Reviewed on September 18, 2014

I always use dove either for face or body. I like that it's moisturizing and cheap compared to other products. The only thing that I don't like is, it doesn't completely removes make-up. It's very gentle to the skin but as a woman who uses make-up, it's important to have it all removed before going to bed to avoid break outs. Either way, I will use this in the morning and Ivory soap for my face at night since it removes the make-up better.

Happy, simply Happy
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

Although I was very skeptical about the idea of a simple little soap bar being beneficial to my daily face washing regimen but I quickly changed my mind after a friend telling me the info that I was lacking. Coming from a girl that has incredibly beautiful skin I was very trusting in her when she said that this product is a very trustworthy one. So I put away the cetaphil and tried it and would you know, within a week my skin had a very healthy look and I was Proud. Cetaphil is amazing and I would still be using it had I not wanted to try something in bar form.