Dove Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 141 reviews

Brand: Dove

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
updated: 07/06/2015 14:40 UTC

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Gentle, and non irritating for acne prone skin
Reviewed on March 16, 2015

My dermatologist recommended this bar for my face, as well as a 10 percent benzoyl peroxide wash. I use this once a day at night every two days, with my benzoyl wash in between days, and it is wonderfully creamy, gentle, scentless and non drying! Maybe not that effective on its own for acne, but very good for sensitive skin or to be used with another cleanser. LOVE :D

The only thing that has worked...
Reviewed on January 20, 2015

At 24 you'd think I was finished with acne but from about 20 it just got worse. Huge, painful and red swellings ran down my cheeks almost permanently and there was always one or two around my mouth or on my forehead. I tried almost every brand out there, from the expensive to the cheap. I tried homemade treatments using honey, lemon, vinegar, tumeric, olive oil and whatever else I could get my hands on. Then I went away on holiday and forgot my toiletry case. All I could get was the Dove regular soap. By the end of the holiday my face had drastically improved and so I kept using the soap. It doesn't effectively remove make up so I've added coconut oil to my night routine (that's it, nothing more - no moisturizer, no other product, nothing).

Night Routine:

1. Work a small amount of coconut oil all over my face, over my eyes, lips, neck, everywhere and leave for about a minute - then wipe off with a cotton wool pad. That removes all traces of make up.

2. Work Dove up into a lather and cleanse my face thoroughly - rinse.

3. I occasionally dab a drop of coconut oil around my eyes because it is supposed to help with wrinkles but super nervous it causes a breakout although that hasn't happened (yet).

Morning Routine:

1. Splash face with water (occasionally I wash my face with dove soap but then it can feel slightly tight)

Makeup:

I use Garnier's BB cream (again, just the regular one - I don't use moisturizer so this works as one) unless I am going out and then I use Loreal's Infallible Foundation

I have recently started going without make up at all though because FINALLY MY SKIN IS CLEAR!!!!!! I don't normally post reviews but I am just so freaking happy and would love to be able to help someone else with the same problem that I had (severe acne on the cheeks).

by rish95 on 05/06/2015 02:35
Hey ! Was dove the reason why your acne faded ? Cause I have acne scars and I am 19 and I plan go shift to dove for my face acre regime .
it's good buuuuutttttt........
Reviewed on September 18, 2014

I always use dove either for face or body. I like that it's moisturizing and cheap compared to other products. The only thing that I don't like is, it doesn't completely removes make-up. It's very gentle to the skin but as a woman who uses make-up, it's important to have it all removed before going to bed to avoid break outs. Either way, I will use this in the morning and Ivory soap for my face at night since it removes the make-up better.

Happy, simply Happy
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

Although I was very skeptical about the idea of a simple little soap bar being beneficial to my daily face washing regimen but I quickly changed my mind after a friend telling me the info that I was lacking. Coming from a girl that has incredibly beautiful skin I was very trusting in her when she said that this product is a very trustworthy one. So I put away the cetaphil and tried it and would you know, within a week my skin had a very healthy look and I was Proud. Cetaphil is amazing and I would still be using it had I not wanted to try something in bar form.

Not for the face!!
Reviewed on January 27, 2014

Dove is renowned for being gentle on your body, but that's only true for the neck down. I use Dove Sensitive bar to wash my body, but i tried washing my face with it and the next day i had a giant pimple on my face and tenderness and redness! What gives, Dove? How can you claim your soap is gentle and "sensitive" and yet it made me breakout?

If i could turn back time, i would not have used it on my face. Now i have to wait out this breakout. Arrgh!

Good product.
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I love this bar of soap. It takes makeup off with ease, smells lovely, won't irritate your skin, and feels just perfect! When my face was irritated from other cleansers, I used this. It doesn't cure acne, but it does soften your skin and calm it, which can definitely help acne calm down and what not. It's also so cheap. You can buy a pack of them for like 5 dollars!

It's a keeper!
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

I have always used Dove soap (not the sensitive version though) since it was recommended by my GP years ago when I first got acne. Sometimes people think it's weird using soap on your face but I love it, makes my skin feel lovely and clean and doesn't dry it out. I can't say it's made a difference either way with regards to acne but it is a good cleanser and doesn't break me out so I can't complain! I always have a bar of Dove on hand, can't go wrong really.

Reviewed on April 17, 2013

Compared to cetaphil gentle skin cleanser this is very slightly less gentle but it removes makeup and dead flaky skin better but it still leaves your natural oils intact.

Reviewed on April 10, 2013

Let me tell you, this product is a breath of fresh air. After using harsh multi-step acne products all through high school, it feels so nice to wash my face with this simple, yet effective soap. This works for me because I am well passed puberty and just need something simple to wash my face with to keep it clean. I doubt it will work for people with severe acne. But give it a try! I love it.

Reviewed on March 17, 2013

It's very cheap. I've had acne since the 5th grade and its gotten worse over the years. I tried this about 3 days ago and I'm already notices pimples on my forehead are gone or very much smaller. It's gentle on skin and leaves it nice and smooth. I've also noticed it reduces pore size. My brother got a zit on his chin and tried my soap for it and it was gone the next morning. It's a great product and works wonders to your face/body.