Dove Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 157 reviews

Brand: Dove

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
updated: 07/23/2016 18:17 UTC

Seems to work for me.
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

I'm not sure if my last post went through but if it did, I don't mean to spam.

Okay so I'd like to mention the things I've used prior before getting fully into the Dove review. I have sensitive skin, an oily T-zone, and it's drier towards my cheeks and chin. I've used Cetaphil which didn't help or aggravate my acne, CeraVe Foaming fash wash turned out to be a total nightmare slapping me in the face with painful cystic acne I've never gotten in my life months later, Neutrogena helped a bit but the Salicylic Acid was starting to burn my skin and made my acne worse. Noxzema also irritated my skin so I ditched that, I used Vanicream gentle facial wash but not for long so I can't really say it helped or made my situation worse.

*****FINALLY into the Dove review (I'm sorry)!! I've noticed that Dove actually helps with my painful cystic acne that these other face washes caused me to get while smoothing out my skin and hyperpigmentation. Hard to believe but my face doesn't appear as oily when I use Dove but I do notice that if I use it too much, it'll dry out my skin and cause whiteheads instead of painful cystic acne. I think the problem is that I didn't use a moisturizer while using Dove unlike the other products mentioned, which caused me to have that issue.. I'll update this and let everyone know if the moisturizer (Garnier Gel Moisture Rescue) w/Dove helps or makes it worse! If it isn't broken don't fix it :) I honestly believe that having a simple regime has helped me skin out alot!*****

Not refreshing
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

I feel like there some sort of residue left on my face after rinsing my face. It kinda weird for me.

GREAT GREAT
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

My mom and I have eczema, and neither of us can deal much with heavily scented beauty products. We've always had some variety of Dove beauty bars at our respective homes for a long time, and this particular bar is a good option for the most sensitive of skins. I generally prefer the original (I like the gentle scent) and especially the Winter Care (I'm hoarding this next winter for sure), but I have used many bars of this to get clean without irritating my skin any further.

not work for me as a facial cleanser
Reviewed on July 11, 2016

Im afraid this didnt work for me as a facial cleanser, im sure it is better suited to normal maybe drier skin types but not for my oil blemsh prone skin. I suffer mainly from whiteheads and clogged pores, and this clogged me all over especially on my T zone. It makes ur skin baby soft but this isnt any gud to me with all the clogged pores, continue to use it as a bodywash.

love dove
Reviewed on July 4, 2016

I have combo/oily skin with a moderate tendency to break out if using new products. Started using Dove to wash my face and haven't had any issues at all. My face doesn't even feel tight or dry after using this. No break outs whatsoever. I've neglected all my other facial cleansers because this does the trick.

Only thing that helped smooth and soften my face
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

I have hyper-pigmentation and cystic acne. I am very surprised how well this soap works on my face because nothing else has worked. The unscented soap has smoothed out some acne scarring and also leaves my face very, very soft. It is very soothing to my skin. Hope this helps someone, product is also very well priced.

Life saver
Reviewed on June 8, 2016

If u are experiencing continous mild breakouts, then this review is a must read .

Hi all, I am 24 years old and had good and clear skin with very ocassional breakouts that too mild since my teen years. I used dove soap till i was 22 after that i switched to some other reputed brand face washes as i thought that soap would harm my face. In these last 2 years , my skin changed from normal to oily, breakouts were more but mild , but overall it did more harm than good . Since last 3 months i had a sudden outbreak of acne on face , dont know whether due to stress, hormones, infection, or allergic reaction maybe, leaving me totally devastated and helpless. All i cud do was stand in front of the mirror and cry inside . For a girl who was envied of her skin all these years, this was a traumatic experience. Then a week ago suddenly dnt knw wat came in my mind i thought of switching to dove and accidently came to this site. After reading so many positive reviews i decided to give it a try . Its been 7 days since i started using dove sensitive soap again along with good healthy diet , n im already experiencing that there r no more breakouts n already existing ones have diminished . Very happy to regain my old skin again . Lets see if it continues to give the same effect will keep updating . If this is ur story , I wud surely suggest u to give it a try .. Hope it helps someone..

great soap bar
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

Love, Love, Love this! My derm recommended the Dove Original Beauty Bar (White) for my Eczema. I use that for my body (I'm sure its great for faces as well), but I chose to use this for facial cleansing! I have tried most liquid cleanser and everytime I get an Eczema flare up! THis bar is so simple, yet effectively removes make up and doesn't make my face feel uncomfortably dry. I just keep it in a travel soap dish and don't close the lid (to allow air to keep the bar dry). This way noone else will use it. I have spent a couple of years suffering from Eczema around my eye area and this has saved my skin! I can't use anything else (except Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar); but Dove is so much more budget friendly. I never thought that a simple bar could do so much!

great
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

I have mild acne, but my skin is fairly dry. I find that Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar is probably the best cleanser for my face. I never would have considered using a bar as a facial cleanser, until I read some of these reviews. I'll continue using it with the Sensitive Skin Moisturizer, which is also fabulous for my dry skin!

I trust dove
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

My skin hates EVERYTHING. Especially Moisturizers. i use sensitive or baby dove sensitive with hydrating hyaluronic acid mist and that seems to be enough moisture. Any more than that and It can clog my pores up pretty bad. I've tried everything from high end to low, foaming, cream, gel and other bar soaps.

***Some information for anybody who wants to know. One of the main ingredients in Dove soap is lauric acid. Lauric acid has been clinically proven to kill P. Acnes. All you need to do is Google "Lauric acid p. Acnes" also lauric acid is used in the treatment of cold sores and fever blisters because it breaks down the surface of the bacteria cell membrane effectively destroying the virus contained within (any good high school student knows viruses are not living things until they inhabit bacteria cells)

So does Dove soap cause acne? No. Will it help you with your acne? It will depending on your diet of course. No dairy, no sugar, no simple carbohydrates...Lots of water and clean towels. Please do not use tissue or paper towel to dry your face. They use a fairly caustic bleaching agent to make those things white and that causes damage to facial skin.

Now you know :j