Dove Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 152 reviews

Brand: Dove

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
updated: 06/26/2016 05:30 UTC

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Only thing that helped smooth and soften my face
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

I have hyper-pigmentation and cystic acne. I am very surprised how well this soap works on my face because nothing else has worked. The unscented soap has smoothed out some acne scarring and also leaves my face very, very soft. It is very soothing to my skin. Hope this helps someone, product is also very well priced.

Life saver
Reviewed on June 8, 2016

If u are experiencing continous mild breakouts, then this review is a must read .

Hi all, I am 24 years old and had good and clear skin with very ocassional breakouts that too mild since my teen years. I used dove soap till i was 22 after that i switched to some other reputed brand face washes as i thought that soap would harm my face. In these last 2 years , my skin changed from normal to oily, breakouts were more but mild , but overall it did more harm than good . Since last 3 months i had a sudden outbreak of acne on face , dont know whether due to stress, hormones, infection, or allergic reaction maybe, leaving me totally devastated and helpless. All i cud do was stand in front of the mirror and cry inside . For a girl who was envied of her skin all these years, this was a traumatic experience. Then a week ago suddenly dnt knw wat came in my mind i thought of switching to dove and accidently came to this site. After reading so many positive reviews i decided to give it a try . Its been 7 days since i started using dove sensitive soap again along with good healthy diet , n im already experiencing that there r no more breakouts n already existing ones have diminished . Very happy to regain my old skin again . Lets see if it continues to give the same effect will keep updating . If this is ur story , I wud surely suggest u to give it a try .. Hope it helps someone..

great soap bar
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

Love, Love, Love this! My derm recommended the Dove Original Beauty Bar (White) for my Eczema. I use that for my body (I'm sure its great for faces as well), but I chose to use this for facial cleansing! I have tried most liquid cleanser and everytime I get an Eczema flare up! THis bar is so simple, yet effectively removes make up and doesn't make my face feel uncomfortably dry. I just keep it in a travel soap dish and don't close the lid (to allow air to keep the bar dry). This way noone else will use it. I have spent a couple of years suffering from Eczema around my eye area and this has saved my skin! I can't use anything else (except Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar); but Dove is so much more budget friendly. I never thought that a simple bar could do so much!

great
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

I have mild acne, but my skin is fairly dry. I find that Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar is probably the best cleanser for my face. I never would have considered using a bar as a facial cleanser, until I read some of these reviews. I'll continue using it with the Sensitive Skin Moisturizer, which is also fabulous for my dry skin!

I trust dove
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

My skin hates EVERYTHING. Especially Moisturizers. i use sensitive or baby dove sensitive with hydrating hyaluronic acid mist and that seems to be enough moisture. Any more than that and It can clog my pores up pretty bad. I've tried everything from high end to low, foaming, cream, gel and other bar soaps.

***Some information for anybody who wants to know. One of the main ingredients in Dove soap is lauric acid. Lauric acid has been clinically proven to kill P. Acnes. All you need to do is Google "Lauric acid p. Acnes" also lauric acid is used in the treatment of cold sores and fever blisters because it breaks down the surface of the bacteria cell membrane effectively destroying the virus contained within (any good high school student knows viruses are not living things until they inhabit bacteria cells)

So does Dove soap cause acne? No. Will it help you with your acne? It will depending on your diet of course. No dairy, no sugar, no simple carbohydrates...Lots of water and clean towels. Please do not use tissue or paper towel to dry your face. They use a fairly caustic bleaching agent to make those things white and that causes damage to facial skin.

Now you know :j

The best for sensitive skin!
Reviewed on April 4, 2016

I try this baby couple of months ago and help me combating my acne. It calms my skin, no redness, no peeling, it doesn't stings and doesn't dried out my skin. It almost cleared out my skin (scars are hard to remove tho) . Breakouts are less likely to happen when i use this unless i use a irritating make up. Believe me, i tried almost everything market shelves has to offer but done no good for my skin. So i highly highly recommend it. If you're feeling you're hopeless, here's a beauty bar soap waiting for you. Although it doesn't promise to get your skin so clear why not try it?. :) And a tip, stop stressing about your skin condition, the more you worry the more ugly bumps will purge on your skin. :) focus on the happy things in your life and keep yourselves doin what you love and keep being positive. :)))))))

Simple yet Effective
Reviewed on October 3, 2015

Sometimes, great things come in small and inexpensive packages. I started using Dove on my face after I was slightly burned by a chemical peel. It made my skin soft, smooth, and it appeared to calm my acne down. Although, Paula, (of Paula's Choice and Beautypedia), advises against using bar soap on your face, I have to admit that this product does seem to make a difference. If it works for you keep using it! As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it." My grandmother had flawless and even toned skin, and all she used was Dove, Ponds Cold Cream, and Oil of Olay (the pink stuff)...so go figure! I, on the other hand, have always used nothing but very high end products, and my skin never looked as good as hers until I met the love of my life hiding in the bathroom shower...Dove soap:)!

Sidenote: I have always used Dove on my body, but never my face until now and I must say that I'm happy, pleased and satisfied.

Love it
Reviewed on August 23, 2015

Gives my skin a fresh feeling after washing my face. Over the year I've tried lots of harsh chemicals that just made my pimples worse and dried it out. Dove on the other hand doesn't dry out your skin and doesn't contain any harsh chemicals like other face washes do. Go dove!! 🎉🎉

The Best for the price
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

My face became super sensitive from shaving and ingrown hairs, then dove came to the rescue. Fragranced soaps can sting and this soap is extremely gentle. I personally only use it for my face as it has proven itself to be too gentle for my body. For that I use lever2000.

smells old
Reviewed on July 31, 2015

I have been using Sensitive for 5yrs. now. I bought some recently and it really smells bad. I thought it was my daughter not washing the towels correctly. To my amazement it is the soap. It reminds of old cooking oil. I buy the family pack and now money down the drain.

by Human Doing on 08/13/2015 20:59
Yeah, that's the way unscented soap smells, lady. You actually wasted it?
by scarlettadventure on 12/13/2015 04:10
Be nice, Human Doing. I think it has a funny smell too, even though it's unscented. Who cares if she wasted it:)