Dove Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 163 reviews

Brand: Dove

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
updated: 09/30/2016 20:50 UTC

SUPER PORE CLOGGING
Reviewed on January 17, 2017

Okay, so after experiencing clear skin, i decided to ditch my acne products and use dove since all my friends use it and have flawless skin. it did not make my skin breakout but it caused clogged pores on my entire face, when i ran my hands gently on my face it was super bumpy i hated it then all those clogged pores started turning into pimple and are still turning into pimples. I have gotten super depressed because of my bad skin. Do yourself a favour and don't use it, even though you won't breakout right away it is damaging your skin and clogging your pores. back to using items my dermatologist gave me.

This cleared my acne
Reviewed on January 14, 2017

I've tried a lot of things to get my acne under control and nothing worked until I started using something so simple as a bar of soap. I was doing too much to my face and using too many products that are supposed to "help" with acne. Not only did I feel my skin was getting worse but I was getting red scaly patches from over drying. I stopped everything and started using the Dove sensitive skin and this balanced my skin perfectly. My skin looks so soft and healthy and I'm absolutely amazed. I only tried this because I started using it on my back and my skin cleared up there too and looked so soft and nice. I was like well if it can clear up my back what can it do to my face. What do I have to lose. Well, It worked! Sometimes less really is more, ladies. :)

P.s. I'm not sure why some people are saying that Dove leaves a soap film that clogs pores. My skin feels fresh and clean but not over dried after using this and it definitely doesn't feel like there is a film left on my face. I suppose if those people live in areas where their water is soft it would be harder to rinse the soap off but otherwise I don't understand what they would be talking about because Dove even advertises that it is not like other soaps that leave a film. All I know is it worked to clear my acne.

AVOID! Pore clogging ingredients!
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

Do not use regular soap, let alone Dove, on your face...and maybe even on other parts of your body. Unfortunately, I found out too late that it has sodium tallowate and coconut acids, which leave a thick film and are extremely pore clogging. I switched because salicylic acid was just irritating me too much, but sadly this soap ended up just causing more issues. While my skin's underlying texture isn't red and bumpy anymore, I now have actual zits in places I never even did. My forehead is usually 95% clear; I used this soap for maybe 2 days at the most, twice a day, and now I have four very painful, itchy WHITEHEADS. I'm so embarrassed, I cannot even cover them and they're quite red, nor do I want to pop them and cause scars. The bar also gave me a few deep clogs on the bottom half of my face that's acne-prone, where I've been clear.

Just avoid this, it's not a cheap cure to fix your acne!

Amazing
Reviewed on August 15, 2016

I can confidently walk out of the house with no makeup,because this product has made my skin so clear.

Help..
Reviewed on August 12, 2016

I am now deciding if I shall use Dove beauty bar as a substitute to Cetaphil cleanser. Cetaphil is so expensive and I cant afford the price. Does Dove soap is as gentle as Cetaphil?

by Carybear on 09/17/2016 10:06
Yes and in fact Dove is a little kinder to your skin than cetaphil
by cloudydreamer on 10/21/2016 00:59
Not sure if you tried this yet, but don't use this. It leaves a tacky, thick and pore-clogging film on your face and will cause more acne.
It works!!!
Reviewed on August 10, 2016

I suffered with cystic acne for about 6 months before it finally cleared up. I tried all the face washes (spectrogel, cera ve, coconut oil) before my mom finally convinced me to try dove soap! I didn't want to because I have dry skin and eczema and I thought it would just be too harsh and make it worse. But dove actually is not drying at all and it removes make up so well. I do not credit dove soap as clearing up my acne because it was caused internally (diet, hydration, stress, etc) but it seriously helped and now even acne free I still use it every night to wash my face! It's gentle and cheap and for me it works really well!

Seems to work for me. *Updated* Moved on from it.
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

I'm not sure if my last post went through but if it did, I don't mean to spam.

Okay so I'd like to mention the things I've used prior before getting fully into the Dove review. I have sensitive skin, an oily T-zone, and it's drier towards my cheeks and chin. I've used Cetaphil which didn't help or aggravate my acne, CeraVe Foaming fash wash turned out to be a total nightmare slapping me in the face with painful cystic acne I've never gotten in my life months later, Neutrogena helped a bit but the Salicylic Acid was starting to burn my skin and made my acne worse. Noxzema also irritated my skin so I ditched that, I used Vanicream gentle facial wash but not for long so I can't really say it helped or made my situation worse.

*****FINALLY into the Dove review (I'm sorry)!! I've noticed that Dove actually helps with my painful cystic acne that these other face washes caused me to get while smoothing out my skin and hyperpigmentation. Hard to believe but my face doesn't appear as oily when I use Dove but I do notice that if I use it too much, it'll dry out my skin and cause whiteheads instead of painful cystic acne. I think the problem is that I didn't use a moisturizer while using Dove unlike the other products mentioned, which caused me to have that issue.. I'll update this and let everyone know if the moisturizer (Garnier Gel Moisture Rescue) w/Dove helps or makes it worse! If it isn't broken don't fix it :) I honestly believe that having a simple regime has helped me skin out alot!*****

Update 8/7/16: Okay so I did say I'd update and here's how I feel. Personally the moisturizer irritated my skin and caused more acne. To be quite honest I think moisturizer for me just doesn't work. I've read countless ingredients to ensure they're oil-free and non-comedogenic but I still break out. I've also ditched dove and went back to Cetaphil and a caveman regime I guess you'd call it? I barely wash my face anymore and it's actually been improving ALOT better. My honest opinion on dove now is that I want to like it because of how it smooths out my skin and helps with the pigmentation problem (Literally dark spots in places I normally never get, patched together looking very out of place and it's cleared up to what I'd say 80-90% I only have slight pigmentation at this point on my cheeks, they take long to heal.) but the soap clogs my pores, normally just whiteheads but still nonetheless I'm clogged. If it works for you then stick to it but I've moved on from it.

Not refreshing
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

I feel like there some sort of residue left on my face after rinsing my face. It kinda weird for me.

GREAT GREAT
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

My mom and I have eczema, and neither of us can deal much with heavily scented beauty products. We've always had some variety of Dove beauty bars at our respective homes for a long time, and this particular bar is a good option for the most sensitive of skins. I generally prefer the original (I like the gentle scent) and especially the Winter Care (I'm hoarding this next winter for sure), but I have used many bars of this to get clean without irritating my skin any further.

not work for me as a facial cleanser
Reviewed on July 11, 2016

Im afraid this didnt work for me as a facial cleanser, im sure it is better suited to normal maybe drier skin types but not for my oil blemsh prone skin. I suffer mainly from whiteheads and clogged pores, and this clogged me all over especially on my T zone. It makes ur skin baby soft but this isnt any gud to me with all the clogged pores, continue to use it as a bodywash.