Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Average price: $2.85

Brand: Dove

Most helpful review

By Matthew, Danville, KY on 02/29/2012

I am an R.N. (soon-to-be Nurse Practitioner) and have been using this since my dermatologist recommended it when I was in high school. Who knew that a simple bar of Dove is all you need as an everyday facial cleanser?! If you suffer from acne, DO NOT PURCHASE ANY OTHER FACIAL CLEANSER! You name it-I've tried it! I've even tried the different varieties of Dove bars, and this one is the most effective because it is extremely gentle. Even if you don't have "sensitive skin" per say, the face that it's fragrance free and hypoallergenic, you can rest assured that it will not aggravate any current skin conditions (eczema, acne, rosacea, sunburn, etc.) I recommend this to any and all patients...from 1 month to 80 years old!.

Pros:
  • Better than ANY face wash I've tried.
  • Doesn't burn or irritate skin in ANY way
  • Can use all over face, even to wash around the eyes and eyelids!
Cons:
  • NONE

31 out of 41 people found this review helpful

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
Dove Sensitive Skin Bath Bars (4 oz Bars), 6 ea
Dove Beauty Bar, Sensitive Skin, 4 Bars

Member reviews

• very light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 9

By on

Ok so this is the WORST product i have EVER used.

I started using this product around at the end of January of 2010,

before i always had light acne..well i never considered it to be acne, i would just get the occasional pimple, before dove i started to use the neutrogena salycic acid thing, and it made my skin PERFECT, but i ran out and was too lazy to buy the cleanser again so i found this beauty bar and started using it ( thinking it would do nothing to my skin)

well i was very wrong, by May i had the worst acne of my life, i got it all at the cheeks ( i think its the cheeks) basiclly where men grow beards is where i got it, and i tried using other products to get rid of it but nothing has been able to change the condition of my skin not even the neatrogena which made my skin perfect before, Now more than a year later i still have awful acne , and i dont know what to do with my face anymore.

i hate this saop, if only i could go back in time and stop myself from using it .

Pros

• will take off makeup if you have it ?

Cons

• Breakots!
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

GRRRRRRRRREAT

Pros

• Eliminates redness, clears skin, gentle & non-drying

Cons

• gets mushy in the shower
  • light
  • for about a year
  • $ 0.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used Cetaphil for more than a year already and it helped clear my acne because I have been having acne since my late teen years. I also tried using Tretinoin along with Cetaphil but I still get breakouts at least twice a week, though it was better than before.

I started using Dove as a body soap only about two weeks ago and used it also on my face since I ran out of Cetaphil. Since I started using it, my skin got lighter and the acne scars went lighter. I never had a breakout for a week already.

I will continue to use the product and see if Dove will be the answer to my acne problem. I have tried other soaps and spot acne medication but none worked. I even went to a dermatologist and used their product but after I was off of it, my acne came back.

Pros

• Makes my skin lighter and eliminates the redness caused by acne scars.

Cons

• None so far.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 0.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I wouldnt purchase the soap again. I only tried the beauty bar because my grandmother recommended. I will go back to using dial white antibacterial soap because it keeps my face pimple free majority of the time.

Pros

• Made skin glow and vibrant

Cons

• Clogs pores and acne breakout
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 4.49
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am 21 years old and have had acne since junior high. I have tried everything, like anyone else, save prescription pills like Acutane. I never have been willing to take acne pills because of horror stories that I have heard! Just a few weeks ago I started using Dove because it is what my boyfriend uses and he's got beautiful skin. Since starting using it a few weeks ago my skin has changed quite a bit! A few months ago I started using Hydrogen Peroxide 3% after washing to kill any bacteria (after research I found using HP was safe for my skin). After using HP I moisturized with Aveeno Baby Lotion but just switched this week to LiveClean Baby lotion with is 95% organic ingredients, hypoallergenic, and all those other wonderful things! Twice a week I use a gel mask in the shower that is 100% organic by Alba Botanica, and I love it! I also have a hard time clearing out dead skin cells from my skin so I started shaving my face below my browline to get rid of anything extra (of course not shaving over pimples, that is not a good idea! This I only do once a week and use a scrubbing sponge once a week.

What I also did was switch my makeup to Bare Minerals because using liquid foundations and everything felt really gross. I believe this has been a contributor to the change in my skin.

I drink lots of water, take multivitamins, and eat fairly healthy, but I have never believed much that diet had any baring on my sensitive skin outside of the fact that drinking as much water as possible can't be bad for it.

I wanted to tell everyone not to give up! It really depends on a lot more than what skin type you have. I think where you live also has a lot to do with it (weather-wise: if it is humid or dry, lots of sun or wind etc.) You just need to find the regimen that works right for you. Do your research, and if you have sensitive skin I would try to stick with anything that doesn't have salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it, I found that these don't h

Pros

• My skin is soft, and it seems to me my acne is clearing! I don't see how this soap could clog pores if you are rinsing your face properly after use.

Cons

• Have yet to experience any.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This was the worst product i've ever used so far. It did nothing for my skin and even though it is supposed to be for sensitive skin it irratated my skin and made my acne worse

Pros

• Nothing

Cons

• Dried out skin
  • left some residue
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The bottom line is that I bought it for my acne but it did nit solve my problem. However, I now use it as a regular soap for the rest of my body because it leaves your skin smooth.

Pros

• My skin felt clean and soft and not dry. It helps the shininess on my face too. It lasts a lot longer that a bottled cleanser because it's a bar.

Cons

• It did not help my acne at all, and it even worsened my body acne.
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 4
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

For the past decade I have been dealing with acne (I am twenty-two now). I used Retin-A in high school, I tried birth control and I tried pretty much every cream, cleanser and over the counter acne remedy that is out there. I ran out of my face cleanser last year and was low on money so I was stuck washing my face with my Dove soap. My skin became better than it had looked in years. I don't think that this would work for everybody and if someone has problems with drying I think this might not be the best product but for me it is gentle, cleansing and effective.

Pros

• It is inexpensive and works better than anything else I've tried. I've never had problems with it being drying, although I have very oily skin so that could be why.

Cons

• As far as I know, it is a glorified soap, so the negatives associated with using soap products are there. It does also have the tendency to melt if it gets wet too much which not only means you're out of your product, it also leaves a mess.
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.