Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Average price: $2.85

Brand: Dove

Most helpful review

By Matthew, Danville, KY on 02/29/2012

I am an R.N. (soon-to-be Nurse Practitioner) and have been using this since my dermatologist recommended it when I was in high school. Who knew that a simple bar of Dove is all you need as an everyday facial cleanser?! If you suffer from acne, DO NOT PURCHASE ANY OTHER FACIAL CLEANSER! You name it-I've tried it! I've even tried the different varieties of Dove bars, and this one is the most effective because it is extremely gentle. Even if you don't have "sensitive skin" per say, the face that it's fragrance free and hypoallergenic, you can rest assured that it will not aggravate any current skin conditions (eczema, acne, rosacea, sunburn, etc.) I recommend this to any and all patients...from 1 month to 80 years old!.

Pros:
  • Better than ANY face wash I've tried.
  • Doesn't burn or irritate skin in ANY way
  • Can use all over face, even to wash around the eyes and eyelids!
Cons:
  • NONE

31 out of 41 people found this review helpful

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
Dove Sensitive Skin Bath Bars (4 oz Bars), 6 ea
Dove Beauty Bar, Sensitive Skin, 4 Bars

Member reviews

By on

Don't buy it - claims are not true at all

• for about a month
  • $ 1.5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been alternating this with Neutrogena Stress Solution scrub (which I let sit on my skin for a few minutes before rinsing, like was recommended here). This combination has been working well so far.

When I feel I am breaking out more, I will use the medicated scrub at night. I feel like it is more effective when I don't wash with it every day, morning and night. I'd say I use the scrub 2-3 times per week. My skin feels much healthier and soft. I've never had such velvety skin!

Pros

• Leaves skin very soft
  • No harsh scent
  • Doesn't cause greasy skin, yet moisturizes dry areas
  • Removes makeup

Cons

• Does not prevent acne
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 1.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love this thing....have started using this since last week when people were saying tht I shud do sumthing for my skin..i was soo depressed n decided to give dove unscented bar a try! n guess wat, it worked wow....may be my skin is not clean totally but I am sure tht dove will take care to clear up my skin :D one thing using a very very very tiny amount of moisturizer is essential after every wash for ppl having oily skin lyk me..I use aveen complexion clearing moisturizer! lovely :D

Pros

• Cleans ms skin thoroughly
  • dries up zits
  • even cleans make up!
  • gives a radiant glow! yay

Cons

• runny and messy
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am in my early 20's, and have suffered from acne for years. So much so that it really began to take a toll on my life, I honestly didn't even want to leave the house. Simple things such as going out to dinner became uncomfortable for me. I had tried everything to try and help my skin. Every face wash or acne product you can imagine... right down to Proactiv. Nothing worked. I recently happened to see a TV interview with some celebrity (can't even remember which one), who was asked about her skin and complexion. She said that all she, and her family ever uses is Dove and water, and that it had kept her skin beautiful for as long as she could remember. So I decided to just take the simple cleansing route for once, and give plain 'ole Dove a try. I have only been using this soap (as a facial cleanser) for about two weeks, but the improvement that I can already see is amazing! I can't remember the last time my face was this smooth, and soft. My breakouts are drying up, and deminishing faster than ever. My skin becomes clearer, and clearer each day. I use this soap every morning when I wake up, and every night before bed. And as long as I keep seeing these results, I will continue to do so! My only complaint so far, and the only reason I'm rating it 4/5 stars is that it can get a little drying, but it's nothing that a good moisturizer can't fix. I'm currently pairing it with Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer when need be, and the combination of the two products is working wonders for me! It's so nice to just be able to have such a simple, affordable cleaning regimen- as opposed to having to use the expensive, 30 minute long, multiple step acne products. I wish I had known just how great these Dove bars were sooner, but I guess better late than never! So thank you Dove! This product is literally changing my life for the better each, and every day!

Pros

• Makes skin smooth and soft
  • Reduces breakouts
  • Gives results fast!

Cons

• Can leave my face a little dry
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using it for months and my acne is in control .. i wash my face 5 times a day with the green dove, Because I have oily skin , then apply a good moisturizer :) gives a perfect feeling.

people with Oily + acne should go for it!!

P.S . Keep your body dove soap and Face Dove soap Separate, and restricted for face and body wash respectively

Pros

• Removes access oil
  • skin feels fresh
  • Removes dirt from pores
  • good for your T zone ( for oily skin)

Cons

• leaves dryness
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I just started using this because I wanted something light and gentle to use while starting a new prescription I got from my dermatologist. It's great for sensitive skin, but don't count on it for treating acne.

Pros

• cleans skin
  • reduces oil
  • gentle

Cons

• does nothing to prevent breakouts
  • moderate
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am a teenager and my acne started to get worse over the years so my parents decided to take me to the dermotologist. Along with two acne creams they gave me two Dove unsented beauty bars because its better than other cleansers.

Pros

• Leaves skin feeling fresh
  • Doesn't cause irritation
  • Very mild type of soap

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Its a good cleanser for the face and body. It takes off all makeup including mascara. Its an all around good soap. I hate having to use a different product to remove my eye makeup and with this soap it does it all in one step. Plus it does not dry out your skin which is great. My only complaint is that Dove is not cruelty-free, for this reason I am always on the search for a better soap but so far this soap is the only one that works for all my facial soap needs and doesnt cause breakouts or clog my pores.

Pros

• Cleans off ALL makeup
  • Great for sensative skin
  • Is not drying
  • No fragrance
  • Very cheap compaired to other face washes
  • Last a long time

Cons

• Not cruelty free
  • light
  • for about a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I wish that dove could turn this into a wash with a pump.

Pros

• It's very gentle on my skin. It doesn't dry out my skin. And it doesn't cause me to break out.

Cons

• I don't like using bars. I don't really like the smell.
  • very light
  • for about a week
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

My ane has gotten much better over the 10 months that I have used this. Its great for sensitive skin!

Pros

• Washes away sweat and dirt
  • Very gentle
  • Inexpensive

Cons

• Makes my acne flare for about 15 mins.
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.