Page 2 of Dove Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 143 reviews

Brand: Dove

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bars, Unscented, 8 ea
updated: 08/04/2015 22:37 UTC

Reviewed on April 10, 2013

Let me tell you, this product is a breath of fresh air. After using harsh multi-step acne products all through high school, it feels so nice to wash my face with this simple, yet effective soap. This works for me because I am well passed puberty and just need something simple to wash my face with to keep it clean. I doubt it will work for people with severe acne. But give it a try! I love it.

Reviewed on March 17, 2013

It's very cheap. I've had acne since the 5th grade and its gotten worse over the years. I tried this about 3 days ago and I'm already notices pimples on my forehead are gone or very much smaller. It's gentle on skin and leaves it nice and smooth. I've also noticed it reduces pore size. My brother got a zit on his chin and tried my soap for it and it was gone the next morning. It's a great product and works wonders to your face/body.

Reviewed on December 28, 2012

It's extremely mild and a great way of cleansing your face. However, for acne, it's more geared toward people who are on topically applied acne medications (e.g. retinoids, spot treatments). This is so you can gently clean your face before applying the medication. It's a very basic cleanser just like Cetaphil. When used alone, it won't help prevent acne, but it's certainly a trust-worthy product when it comes to no irritation! Great for people with sunburn, eczema, etc.

Reviewed on December 14, 2012

I have had severe hormonal acne since August 2012 due to a hormonal imbalance I'm working through. I have always had breakouts ever since I was 12, but lately it has been just unsightly. I can barely look my husband in the eyes because I feel so ugly. I have tried everything to sooth my acne ...I even resorted to getting proactive, but nothing has worked. I like Dan's products, but the AHA breaks me out and the wash does nothing for me. I have spent so much money trying every product on the market to aleast reduce the large, sore bumps on my jaw and neck. One day I got tired of my acne cleanser doing nothing, but irritating my skin so I grab my dove sensitive skin soap bar to wash my face since it has worked before my hormonal acne appeared. Then I saw my Epsom salts by the bathtub and thought ...Why not? I cannot believe the results in just a week. I look in the mirror and cry because it’s so simple and inexpensive. My face is badly scared, but the blackheads/ small bumps are GONE and the large bumps are fading. I cannot believe it. My current reg: Dove mixed with Epsom as a wash, Dickinson's pore toner used with a cotton ball, and Dan's topical treatment ...I'm still looking for a good moisturizer. Right now I'm just using the rest of my proactive spf until I can find one I like, but my skin looks amazing compared to just a few weeks ago.

Reviewed on November 27, 2012

Ive been using this for about 3 months now with my prescription acne treatments. Ive tried other things for a little bit such as cetaphil and cerave but evry time i found myself comming back to this. Its great!

Reviewed on November 5, 2012

While some people are out there purchasing expensive brands thinking they are the best...I have my good old dove soap! Super cheap and does what it says--keeps my skin fresh and gorgeous.

Reviewed on October 18, 2012

I am not normally one to write reviews but i felt compelled too after trying this out. I have tried everything on my acne, from proactive to daily cleansers such as cetaphil, spectro jel, to prescription medication such as RetinA-Micro& Clindoxyl, to Oxypad wipes. They have either made it worse or havent really done anything. ( other than RetinA-Micro, if you use that stuff religiously every night it should make a difference eventually, but nothing is as easy and as cheap to use then this Dove Beauty Bar for sensitive skin, just keep it in shower and lather it up for 15-30 seconds and gently lather it into your face and you are left feeling clean, smooth, and after a few days, i saw remarkable effects. only downside is it is a little bit drying though but it is still really nice. Who would of thought that just a bar of soap could make such a difference? I have completelty stopped using everything else and just wash my face in the shower with this beauty bar.

Give it a try, its cheap, and really works!! ( it did for me atleast, and i have tried everything trust me)

i give it a 4/5 only because of the *LITTLE* bit of dry skin, but again its not bad at all its a light dry sensation

Reviewed on October 10, 2012

After years of trying to improve my acne, the best cleanser was the simplest and cheapest!!

I am always careful to wash off the outer layer before lathering my face, since bar soap can harbor bacteria. Also wash gently! If you scrub too much it can dry out your skin. I follow up with Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel lotion.

I feel like my skin is actually LESS oily since using Dove because of the moisturizing! Definitely give this a try.

Reviewed on August 29, 2012

This isn't any ordinary soap. It cleared my acne quickly and results can be seen overnight! Pimples get drastically smaller. I used it twice a day, morning and night and can't be more thankful. It helped with my teenage acne a lot!

Reviewed on August 8, 2012

I bought this for my underarms; i've been having trouble with removing the sweat under my arms and i needed something gentle for the irritation there caused by friction and an antiperspirant, and all though it didn't clean my underarms as well as i had hoped, i recently noticed the little bit of back acne i had is gone XD with the hot weather my back was sweating and breaking out but once i began using this soap my bacne went away... i am so surpised! this was an amazing accident! i used to use a glycolic acid body wash once in a while on my back but now i don't need to! and its great cuz that body wash costs a ton! My skin feels really clean with it.. except for my underarms :(