Dinair Air Brush Makeup System reviews

3.3/5 - 7 reviews

Brand: Dinair

Airbrush Makeup Kit Dinair PRO EDITION, 8 Makeup Colors/Shades Salon Quality CHAMPAGNE SILVER-COMPRESSOR - FAIR COMPLEXION
updated: 08/21/2014 01:31 UTC

Dinair does not care about customers
Reviewed on June 19, 2014

This review is about ordering Dinair online from their corporate headquarters store at Laurel Canyon Blvd.

The makeup system is good. Their customer service not so much. Dinair doesn't care about their customers. I'm taking my business elsewhere.

1. Weeks of repeat emails and phone calls are required to get promised refunds issued.

2. Twice now I've received opened and used makeup in shipped orders. Dinair makes the customer pay to return opened product to get it swapped for unused makeup ~ and that is not right.

3. After agreeing to refund two items 100% on the telephone after I was steered to buy the wrong products by their customer service department, they arbitrarily decided to take a 30% restocking fee. This was after Dinair let my authorized return just sit on their desks for five weeks without doing anything about it, ignoring emails inquiring about the status of the return.

4. The "Color Matching" service is also a joke. I emailed Dinair specifics on the foundation colors my skin was professionally matched to along with my photo to get information on appropriate eyeshadow colors. They retyped everything to a yellow-based foundation and blush color recommendation that is simply wrong. I can understand that they're making decisions based on the color they see in photos, but if someone tells them "the correct foundation shade for me is your XYZ product, which eyeshadows should I buy" then they should believe that. When I emailed customer service pointing out that they had typed me incorrectly and again giving them the correct foundation and blush information, no one bothered to follow up with other makeup recommendations.

I'll continue using their compressor but from now on I'm buying my makeup from their competition.

Highly Recommend Dinair!
Reviewed on January 22, 2014

I spent a long time looking for makeup to use on the regimen and this is it!! I love this and will always use Dinair! Def. give it a try it is worth it!

Reviewed on January 16, 2013

Dinair isn't for everyone and just because I don't like their foundation doesn't mean they won't be great for you. If you need some makeup help I suggest visiting YouTube and searching Wayne Goss, pixiewoo and Cassandra Bankson.

Reviewed on December 11, 2012

If you have money to burn, then give Dinair a try. It's not a bad makeup, but certainly not the miracle, "makeup of the stars" they boast about on tv. The coverage is better for active zits and scabs than other makeup I've tried, but after awhile, it looks discolored compared to the skin next to it (using regular or the paramedical type). The model they use in the ads with acne has baby-fine acne, which any makeup can typically cover better than a cyst breakout. I'm disappointed in this product, but I can't say it's bad--it's just not as good as advertised.

Reviewed on June 23, 2012

This is the only makeup that covers my acne scars. Like im talking fresh scars.. i'm a picker and i get cystic acne so my skin is pretttty ugly =( but this makes my skin flawless up close and far away! It did take me about month t get the application perfect but it is sooo amazing! And i dont have to clean brushes evry other day. Also there is no need for touch ups.

Reviewed on August 6, 2010

PLEASE do your skin a true favor by staying away from Dinair cosmetics. If you have oily acne-prone skin, this will transform your face into an active chain of volcanoes! I had the owner (Dina Ousley) test the product on my face, later that same day her "18 hour makeup" greased up, making my face look like an oil slick. On top of that, makeup began running down my face, creating a disgusting streaky look. Their website claims "paraben free" but when I begged the representatives (several times, on several occassions) to send me a list of their ingredients, both Glamour and Paramedical are OVERLOADED with parabens and talc!!! I have pictures to prove it! The concept of applying makeup using an airbrush system is great -- however, the foundation ITSELF is just as important, if not the most important aspect. Most likely their formulations haven't changed since 1981!

Prior to Dinair, my skin had already cleared up and all I suffered from was hyperpigmentation. I wanted to try something new, and boy do I regret that to this day. I've never had breakouts this bad. I've had to go on Doryx and Ziana because of what this product did to my skin, so save yourself the pain. And no, I am not allergic to anything...this product contains the most potent ingredients - simply put.

Reviewed on May 31, 2010

i got this as a graduation gift and i love it! you can mix the little foundation bottles to match your exact skin tone, and it's water based so it doesn't clog pores. it does make a noise, but it is definitely bearable. it takes about five minutes to apply and if you touch it while wet it takes it all off, so you must wait for a while. i've had it for a week, but overall great!! a must have for flawless skin:)