Page 5 of Differin Adapalene (0.1%) Gel reviews

3.3/5 - 1269 reviews

Brand: Differin

Adapalene (0.1%).

Carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide.

Good!!!
Reviewed on February 19, 2014

I have been using Differin for approximately 3 years I can’t remember exactly when I started the medication, all I can remember was feeling low and depressed. I did not have serious acne maybe 5 small spots on my face at one time.... but what I did have annoyed me and that was all that mattered.... I was low and it was beginning to affect my self esteem and my relationship with my family.

One evening I opened up to my mum and told her exactly how I felt, this was the best thing I had ever done! Mum booked me a doctor’s appointment and I was prescribed Differin I’ve never looked back. My face is so much better although i still get the occasional bout of spots maybe two or three at a time but I can normally tell when these are coming. I cut out all dairy and fatty foods from my diet completely!

I think Differin is amazing! I have turned from an unconfident 17/18 year old struggling with spots to a 21 year old developing a budding and successful career also appearing on TV several times in front of audiences larger than 1 Million. I think I will always get the odd spot (Nobody is perfect) but Differin helped me to restructure my life! Give it time and don’t give up, remember nobody Is perfect!!!

Great!
Reviewed on February 14, 2014

I absolutely love this product I actually started it 3 days ago and my acne has been out of control. I have had two children in two years and my hormones are so crazy my acne was awful especially on my chin and temple. Anyway, I noticed a difference after the first use. I am so excited to see how much better this gets. I'm looking forward to being confident again 8-)!

Dries skin out and doesn't work!
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

I have tried this 3 times, and my acne did not get worse but it didn't improve either. It made my skin very dry and flakey which was annoying. I don't recommend it as it didn't work for ME, but that does not mean it wont for you! Good luck!

Keeps pimples at bay
Reviewed on January 31, 2014

Originally it was used for spot treatment until I went to another doctor who told me to put it all over my face. It makes you flake a lot! In the morning when I wake up, it looks like I put powder on my face. Good exfoliation, I suppose. Sometimes it make my skin sensitive.

It's definitely worth a try.

Post-Accutane Maintenance
Reviewed on January 25, 2014

I finished my first course of accutane 3 months ago and was put on Differin by my dermatologist after I got a few spots in the first week after finishing the course. She said because my acne was so severe before, I will still have to have some sort of maintenance regimen and I asked for a topical retinoid as I hate the effects of benzoyl peroxide.

It is very gentle as long as you use a small amount (as instructed), however if you use it liberally it can make the skin very sensitive and peel like B.P.

Overall I've stayed quite clear and if I break out this clears it up overnight (with AHA in the day) but I don't expect to be breaking out at all post-accutane AND following a regimen.

other reviews say that it takes several months to begin working so I'll rate it 3 stars for now but I will come back and edit it when I've given it a longer run.

Patience pays off
Reviewed on January 19, 2014

I'm 16. I've always had clear skin until this past summer. I started breaking out on my forehead with little bumps and the occasional big red cystic blemish. It was incredibly frustrating because I was keeping my skin clean, eating right, and taking care of myself, yet I had all this acne. I went to the dermatologis and they prescribed Differin in October. I used it for 3 months and saw almost no difference. It was extremely discouraging. But I kept going. It is now January 19th and I have a completely clear complexion and I could not be happier with my results. I currently use Clinique foaming cleanser, my clarisonic, and Clinique dramatically different moisturizer. I cannot stress enough that you need to KEEP USING THIS PRODUCT FOR IT TO WORK! Stick with it and you will feel amazing soon! I know how hard it is to suffer from acne :( keep your head up everyone, it's not forever, and you are beautiful with or without your acne. You're not alone.

by Ffyustfdsuhxdtj on 02/18/2014 23:13
Stop using a claro sonic they give a lot of irritation and consider washing your face in a gentle manner
by Ffyustfdsuhxdtj on 02/18/2014 23:14
Clarisonic*
by Pip98 on 07/31/2014 21:47
I have been using it for 6 weeks now.. Its only just started getting worse so is this the ib? I hope it starts getting better!
Ineffective
Reviewed on January 6, 2014

I have moderate-severe cystic acne on my cheeks, I used this product persistently for three and a half month, nothing really happened. Made my skin dry so I had to use a moisturizer, but the acne didn't go away. When I stopped using it and only used tap water instead, my acne didn't change at all, so it was a waste of money.

Did not do anything for my skin, but is very gentle
Reviewed on January 5, 2014

I have had mild to moderate acne for three years when I was prescribed Differin. After having applied it every evening for about 5 months, my acne has not disappered or decreased. But Differin also did not dry out my skin or made it burn, it basically had no effect on my skin at all.

I give it two stars because even though it was not strong enough for me, it was very gentle and my skin did not suffer from any side effects like peeling or burning. That's why I would still recommend trying it because IF it helps you, you probably won't have any problems with dryness etc. which makes it a good option to treat mild acne.

Good Product
Reviewed on January 5, 2014

Had acne since I was 12 , now im 15 , I used Differin for 8 months , no more acne , no more pimples on my face , I love it

by suzie96 on 11/05/2014 18:41
i feel the same little kid
The IB was worth it
Reviewed on December 19, 2013

I can't believe it... my skin is clear! I had what I would call a relatively minor to moderate acne problem, to the point where I was self-conscious about my acne and the hyperpigmentation it would leave behind after continuous breakouts. I felt I couldn't leave the house without makeup. Now my skin is clear, and as a bonus, more radiant and smooth in texture.

The initial breakout was extremely challenging and long. That explains the 4 out of 5 stars rating, though I think the IB is probably a given. My entire face broke out, and in places I didn't normally get pimples. It kind of went in phases-- first a bunch of blackheads on my forehead, then pimples on my chin, and next my cheeks. It took the longest for my chin and cheeks to clear up. But, by that time my forehead was already better. My skin was literally purging itself of emerging and future pimples all at once.

I didn't start to see results for about six months. It seems it took my skin longer to improve than most, after reading other reviews. However, once my skin began to improve, it did so very quickly, and then BAM! No more acne problem.

I have the confidence to leave the house without makeup for errands and such, though I will say that my makeup looks so much better on now that my skin is clear and smooth. Be patient, and don't be surprised if you cry or throw temper tantrums during the IB. The temporary IB is worth the end result.