Page 3 of Differin Adapalene (0.1%) Gel reviews

3.3/5 - 1253 reviews

Brand: Differin

Adapalene (0.1%).

Carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide.

Not too bad.
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

I've been using this stuff for about a year and I can see massive changes in my acne. It takes away redness a lot and prevents future breakouts, and prevents those icky white heads! Although my acne is still very bad, it's still continuing to make a change to my appearance.

does it really work???
Reviewed on March 1, 2014

Its a week since I started using differin and my skin peeling, dry, aching. I'm so frustrated right now cos my skin wasn't even bad I had few blackheads before I went to c the dermotologist and since I started using differin and bansac my skin went horrible, I'm so imaptient but I'm still gonna give it some time hope it works :(

by Kazuri on 03/26/2014 23:50
According to my dermatologist, the way it works is more as a preventative measure. So for the first little while, it's "purging" your skin of impurities (which is why it may feel your skin is getting worse, but really, it's just pushing out the invisible ones that were getting ready to form), and then afterwards it prevents new ones from forming. This is why even when you aren't breaking out, you should use it all over your face, and you should always apply it after using a moisturizer - don't skip face lotion. I have been using Differin for years, only to just recently find out that I wasn't really using it correctly. I'm not sure why other dermatologists I've seen haven't made sure to explain it better!
by sammot on 05/27/2014 03:14
A week isn't enough time to see results from this drug. Did your doctor or pharmacist not explain this to you? It can take up to 16 weeks to really see the true results of the drug. be patient.
Use sparingly and be patient!
Reviewed on February 23, 2014

Started using the cream version of differin just over a month ago and I'm delighted with the results so far.

I followed others advice and used less than a pea sized amount every night. For the first week my skin felt minimal discomfort...I'd describe it as a feeling of slight sunburn. This soon subsided though and I didn't experience any major flaking or drying like I have in the past with benzoyl peroxide.

Here's a few tips to get the best results from adapalen:

1. Gently cleanse skin.

I use neutragena facewash at night to remove make up and cetaphil cleanser in the morning.

2. Use SpF... Olay complete care spf 30 lotion is gentle, non pore blocking and hydrating.

3. Use a non pore blocking foundation such as Vichy dernablend. (This will camouflage acne scarring and is non comodegenic)

4. Use a pea sized amount at night only. Use religiously and don't expect to see a dramatic difference until a month at least.

5. Avoid eye area and corners of mouth. This is the only areas that I get occasional dryness now.

My skin is so much better and it's only been a month. And an added bonus to using adapalen......it has anti aging properties as well!!!!!!! Fab!

by Divatoots on 07/03/2014 11:28
Does anyone else think that adapalen loses its strength once its been open a while?
WHAT TO DO
Reviewed on February 20, 2014

Okay so i have been using differin for about a week with the dilisol gel prescribed by my derm. The thing about me is a hate pimples and i feel like this is bringing out all of them. Like i don't have severe acne but its just annoying. I want to have good skin already. My face is getting pretty dry but i decided to only wash my face once a day so it doesn't get too bad and red. i don't even know if this is gonna work on me or not so I'm really frustrated. How long before it starts working? By the way I'm 16

by Thebob on 03/01/2014 10:34
Differin brings all the acne out when you start using it, that's pretty much a good sign that differin may work for you, i suffered a really bad initial breakout period but it gets better and better the more consistent you are, should only last a few weeks
by Sophkee on 05/01/2014 14:22
How are you now? A few months later, is it getting better?
Good!!!
Reviewed on February 19, 2014

I have been using Differin for approximately 3 years I can’t remember exactly when I started the medication, all I can remember was feeling low and depressed. I did not have serious acne maybe 5 small spots on my face at one time.... but what I did have annoyed me and that was all that mattered.... I was low and it was beginning to affect my self esteem and my relationship with my family.

One evening I opened up to my mum and told her exactly how I felt, this was the best thing I had ever done! Mum booked me a doctor’s appointment and I was prescribed Differin I’ve never looked back. My face is so much better although i still get the occasional bout of spots maybe two or three at a time but I can normally tell when these are coming. I cut out all dairy and fatty foods from my diet completely!

I think Differin is amazing! I have turned from an unconfident 17/18 year old struggling with spots to a 21 year old developing a budding and successful career also appearing on TV several times in front of audiences larger than 1 Million. I think I will always get the odd spot (Nobody is perfect) but Differin helped me to restructure my life! Give it time and don’t give up, remember nobody Is perfect!!!

Great!
Reviewed on February 14, 2014

I absolutely love this product I actually started it 3 days ago and my acne has been out of control. I have had two children in two years and my hormones are so crazy my acne was awful especially on my chin and temple. Anyway, I noticed a difference after the first use. I am so excited to see how much better this gets. I'm looking forward to being confident again 8-)!

Dries skin out and doesn't work!
Reviewed on February 10, 2014

I have tried this 3 times, and my acne did not get worse but it didn't improve either. It made my skin very dry and flakey which was annoying. I don't recommend it as it didn't work for ME, but that does not mean it wont for you! Good luck!

Keeps pimples at bay
Reviewed on January 31, 2014

Originally it was used for spot treatment until I went to another doctor who told me to put it all over my face. It makes you flake a lot! In the morning when I wake up, it looks like I put powder on my face. Good exfoliation, I suppose. Sometimes it make my skin sensitive.

It's definitely worth a try.

Post-Accutane Maintenance
Reviewed on January 25, 2014

I finished my first course of accutane 3 months ago and was put on Differin by my dermatologist after I got a few spots in the first week after finishing the course. She said because my acne was so severe before, I will still have to have some sort of maintenance regimen and I asked for a topical retinoid as I hate the effects of benzoyl peroxide.

It is very gentle as long as you use a small amount (as instructed), however if you use it liberally it can make the skin very sensitive and peel like B.P.

Overall I've stayed quite clear and if I break out this clears it up overnight (with AHA in the day) but I don't expect to be breaking out at all post-accutane AND following a regimen.

other reviews say that it takes several months to begin working so I'll rate it 3 stars for now but I will come back and edit it when I've given it a longer run.

Patience pays off
Reviewed on January 19, 2014

I'm 16. I've always had clear skin until this past summer. I started breaking out on my forehead with little bumps and the occasional big red cystic blemish. It was incredibly frustrating because I was keeping my skin clean, eating right, and taking care of myself, yet I had all this acne. I went to the dermatologis and they prescribed Differin in October. I used it for 3 months and saw almost no difference. It was extremely discouraging. But I kept going. It is now January 19th and I have a completely clear complexion and I could not be happier with my results. I currently use Clinique foaming cleanser, my clarisonic, and Clinique dramatically different moisturizer. I cannot stress enough that you need to KEEP USING THIS PRODUCT FOR IT TO WORK! Stick with it and you will feel amazing soon! I know how hard it is to suffer from acne :( keep your head up everyone, it's not forever, and you are beautiful with or without your acne. You're not alone.

by Ffyustfdsuhxdtj on 02/18/2014 23:13
Stop using a claro sonic they give a lot of irritation and consider washing your face in a gentle manner
by Ffyustfdsuhxdtj on 02/18/2014 23:14
Clarisonic*
by Pip98 on 07/31/2014 21:47
I have been using it for 6 weeks now.. Its only just started getting worse so is this the ib? I hope it starts getting better!