Page 2 of Differin Adapalene (0.1%) Gel reviews

3.3/5 - 1307 reviews

Brand: Differin

Adapalene (0.1%).

Carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide.

Caused Terrible Rash
Reviewed on April 17, 2016

I have used this product for about 2 weeks . At first I was happy with the results . About 10 days into it my neck started to itch and nurm . it was bright red like a sunburn.I didn't realize the connection at first and continued to use this . The rash got worse more itching . more burning so I finally stopped using it and the rash went away after a couple days . I won't be using this product again

Teenage acne
Reviewed on March 30, 2016

I am a 17 year old female and I stared using differin 0.1% gel over a year ago now. The first 2-3 months were terrible. My skin was flaky and red and my skin got worse. This was all part of the process however. After my skin purged, I had amazing results I really couldnt believe it. I had been so self conscious about my skin for so long and I could now go make up free and still feel confident! I continued to use it on my face every night for about 6 months but then stopped because me skin was so good and I thought I no longer needed it. This was a mistake. It was fine for the firsts few months but after a while my acne slowly started to come back. Little bumps on my forehead came but as well as cyst ance on my chin. I was devastated. My skin is definitely not as bad as it was when I first started, however it has still affected my self concious tremendously and I am back to covering my face with make up every day. I thought about using it again but I really didn't want to have to face those first few horrible months again. It has now been at least 8 months since I last used it. It really did recive amazing results but I should not have stopped using it. However, it was also quite costly ($45) for a very small tube and I would run out quite quickly. I also made a mistake of getting my eyebrows waxed when I was using it and this caused awful burns underneath and on top of my eyebrows due to have sensitive it makes your skin. - so be careful of that. Overall it worked quite well but I am disappointed it did not have lasting results.

it works for me
Reviewed on March 23, 2016

I don't have that severe of acne, but I do have regular pimples. this stuff worked wonders on my skin with very little irritation. it helped to clear up my acne within the first couple of weeks of use. I recommend it if you have mind to moderate acne"

Increased oiliness and increased breakouts
Reviewed on March 2, 2016

I was on this gel for 5 months and my skin only deteriorated. You could fry an egg on my face with all the oil at the end of the day. My acne spread all over my face and refused to go away. My dermatologist put me on this gel after completing a 6 month period of accutane, and this gel undid everything that accutane had done for my skin.

gave up
Reviewed on February 12, 2016

i used this product about 7weeks as my doc recommended me this but i didnt see any result at all

not for me
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

it worked in the beginning but after that it did nothing for my acne and dried out my skin so i dont thing it works for me

Not a Fast result Product
Reviewed on January 20, 2016

I've been using differin for about 6 months now. This is my second trial of differin because I quit the a year before after about 2 months. Differin is literally a skin renewal product. Your skin will flake and it will burn a little and you might break out for the first month or so while getting used to it. BUT IT WORKS! The problem that most people have is dealing with the flaky skin, so they compensate with lotion or terrible choice of moisturizers after. Or for some people nothing after. Differin sucks the oil and kills a small layer of skin, so your skin compensates and produces too much oil but if you moisturize then it is more regulated. I found that differin has the best results when coupled with a oil free moisturizer in the morning. What I did was wash my face with Noexema at night, put a THIN film of differin on the problem areas, let it dry then went to bed. In the morning, I woke up washed my face again, then put UP and Up Dual Moisturizer Oil free, and went about my day. Repeat everyday. but only use differen every 2 days, switching to a moisturizer at night to give your face a break.

Another important thing is that since your skin is flaking dead skin, you need to EXFOLIATE each week, with a gentle face sponge. However, if you have severe bumps DO NOT scrub them raw this will only make things worse. If you have white heads, use a sterile needle puncture a hole then gentle nudge some of the pus out and then put differin on it. It will crust the acne up and be gone in a few days. Hope this helps. I went from cluster bumps on my cheeks and forhead to fading brown scars and smoother skin. It is just a balancing act so don't give up so easily and MOISTURIZE for goodness sakes!

Hopeful
Reviewed on January 19, 2016

Before using Differin, I broke out mostly on my cheeks and all along my hair line with huge zits. After a week or two of using it, it was pushing the gross stuff out of my pores easier. Like, a lot easier. Now, it's been a month or so since I started using it and my skin has been purging a lot. I no longer break out along my hairline like I did. Though there are tons and tons of acne scars, my breakouts are smaller and go away faster. The thing that I hate though are whiteheads! I guess they're my skin purging? I have never really had them before. So potentially be prepared. My dermatologist told me to apply it every single night and if it isn't working so much in March, to call her and she would give me a higher dosage, which I am guessing is Differin (0.3%). I know it takes retinoids a while to work, but I don't think anyone is super patient when it comes to having bad skin.

3 months nothing happened
Reviewed on January 8, 2016

I started using differin on the first of October, so the first two months were so bad! I was breaking out like crazy all over my face. But after i saw some reviews i decided to continue using it. Which didnt work at all. And i want to know should i continue using it or no?

P.S I've used bp retin A and many more.

Literally the Worst Ever
Reviewed on January 5, 2016

have acne-prone combination/oily skin; however, it has always been fairly manageable and hormonally aggravated. I went to my dermatologist to find a solution just so I wouldn't have to deal with the annoying flare-ups at college next year. She gave me this Adapalene gel. After 6 weeks of use, my skin went from purging, to dry and flaky (but clear-ish), to purging and angry again. I had to stop using it, it just made my skin worse and worse! A month later, I thought to myself, "Maybe I was using it wrong the whole time" or something along those lines. I took it out of the back of my drawer and started using it on active blemishes only at night. Turns out, my skin took a dive for the worse and I ended up throwing away the tube of this terrible product. I started with mild, manageable acne, but now face angry, red, flaky, dry, pimply, irritated skin. So thanks, Adapalene.